Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 [2349] 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:06:24 PM

Just as we're starting to get a little rally going, and then those fucking multipool pieces of shit come in and dump. We should get some funds together to DDoS the shit out of multipools that are dumping DRK. This is fucking ridiculous.

DRK doesn't have multipool dumping issues - it's a myth. The quantity of the mined DRK is in itself very low (2880 coins -20% for MN = just 2300 coins...). And of the 2300 coins, what percentage is mined by multipools? 50%? Which is like what? 1100 coins? Which make for like 11 btc per day? And the daily volume is like 160 btc just on mintpal?

The DRKs traded at the market are by traders who are playing with thousands of DRKs. Multipools are nothing.

I see this different. Without news or anything the daily volume will be balanced with equal buy and sell presure. If you add a 10% (probabiliy less) consistent selling preasure on this this system the price will take a slow downward direction and the selling multipools becomes the significant responsibility for this.
I haven't done it but I guess you could correlate the slow price decays phases pretty well with the mineing behaviour of the ltc2btc pool. When did they start?

Well I  still have to buy some drk's toward the end of this month so a lower price doesnt really bothers me for now.

But what I wonder.. where are the crypto investors investing into if not in DarkCoin? I fail to see any significant investment alternative in the alt scene since 3 month and I also don't see that serious investment is done in the other coins. So are the alt-investors all gone? This let me to worry a bit.  
I think a lot of them gone because it all looks like things are without fututre. Its a selffullfilling scheme for scammers. Once they lost money on a usal p&d they have done

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:07:06 PM

Attention Masternode Owners / Investors!

Real life makes me be relatively offline these days (good because of work, bad because its such a critical time to be semi-offline)

I will be CLOSING my Masternode setup services right when  RC4 rolls out, for about 2, possibly 3 weeks. Why?

a) I want to cater to all my MN clients, 100% for free!! Meaning, updating all of them to RC4 as quick as possible, to get the Masternode network up and running as smoothly as possible!! So, I will not be taking on new MN setups when we fork.

b) As soon as that is done, I going on holidays, for the said 2, maybe 3 weeks. Hopefully, by the time I get back, the price to acquire 1000 DRKs will be prohibitive  Grin

So... if you're thinking of setting up a node using my services, do it now! Or hold the DRKs until I get back. Your choice.
Currently, I am free Thursday and Friday morning only, (GMT+1), the weekend, and relatively free next week.

This is basically as last call for action... Being that many are waiting for the end of the month to take advantage of these ridiculous prices to get the 1k, I will accept time-slot reservations!!

Pm me if interested, or refer to this thread for further details.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/yidakees-helpdesk-masternode-setup-services-ghostplayer-on-bitcointalk.1633/

Thank you!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:09:43 PM

Can't agree more. I quote the best comment I've ever read since I join crypto from LauderdaleBitC:

There will be a few altcoins that succeed, if only because BTC's price will be so high that everyday spenders will want a coin that can be exchanged for BTC but that also has a lower price and can therefore be spent in round integer quantities like 5 coins for a pizza instead of 0.00512630 BTC. Other coins that are well branded may serve as niche coins for industries that are big enough to support their own blockchain. VRC or XC come to mind as candidates for the former, while ROX and Minerals for the latter. But none of them will succeed if the URO pissfest becomes the norm. Instead, all the money in altcoins for long-term investors will be in supporting law firms who prosecute fraudsters in the cryptospace and seizing assets from whomever profits, and from the exchanges. Both P&Ders and the exchanges need to realize that as money accumulates in cryptospace, bigger sharks will move in and take it all away if they can. Having exposure to this kind of fraud makes it to easy for them to use the law to steal the whole buffet. It would be better if we killed coins like URO on our own before they blow up so that the big players in Finance will see opportunity to introduce crypto to their investors. Think, my people, would you rather have a few grand today or a safe and secure long term investment that nets you millions over your lifetime for having been an early adopter. P&D'ers are throwing away their early adopter advantages for a Charlie Sheen type of "winning" instead of a Bill Gates type of victory.
[/quote]

+1
+1
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:11:13 PM

In the NEWS ….>

http://www.forexminute.com/bitcoin/darkcoin-after-rc4-update-39363

Shocked Shocked   Grin   Shocked Shocked
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:29:42 PM

can you quote the content? The link redirects me to their main page.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:30:23 PM

To quote myself from weeks back: "People think they've missed the train on Darkcoin? They haven't even missed the train on Bitcoin yet."  Smiley

And that forexminute article was an appalling affront to The Queen's English.  Undecided
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:37:06 PM

[/quote]

can you quote the content? The link redirects me to their main page.
[/quote]

ForexMinute.com – With the much-awaited RC4 update currently in testing phase, we can assume that it will hit the Darkcoin market in few weeks from now. Whilst the community is already geared up to welcome the change, their excitement is getting further amplified with an expected inflation in Darkcoin charts.

The DarkSend+ Effect
Unlike previous forks, the Darkcoin core developer EDUFFIELD is introducing something big with this update – a new transaction system called DarkSend+ that will bring more privacy and efficiency to the entire Darkcoin network.

The idea of denominating Darkcoin homogeneously before sending the desired amount to the receiver has been well received by the community. Somewhere along the release of DarkSend+ roadmap, the Darkcoin’s market cap had hit its one-month high. In a best case scenario, its implementation in the real world will give Darkcoin a much-better competitive edge over other crypto currencies.

Movements from Other Altcoins
The falling credibility of Litecoin and Dogecoin is one of the major factors to help Darkcoin market cap rise. The arrival of ASICs has almost made it impossible for Litecoin miners to earn a better ROI, while Dogecoin, being a “because I’m happy” mood, is forgetting that’s its miner rewards are depleting with rapidly occurring halvening.
Therefore, a huge chunk of miners prefers to move on to other coins, with Darkcoin being the best choice. However, there are also other equally competitive coins that could give Darkcoin a worthy fight for the next-best spot, namely Nxt. But a successful implementation of DarkSend+, as said above, will play a huge role in deciding Darkcoin’s future.
On the other hand, the inflicted regulations on Bitcoin are somewhat killing the essence of decentralization in cryptocurrencies. It is expected that there will be a minimal shift of users looking for anonymity in their transactions.

Conclusion
A strict analysis tell us that the aforementioned speculations will only be possible upon a successful hardfork, which Darkcoin development team is not known for delivering in recent days. Even when considering a best case scenario, the mass speculation and big sharks pumping the coin will surely bring it between $10 and $15 by next month. In case the flaws are discovered, the low demand of Darkcoin will subsequently cause a drop, like we have seen earlier.
To contact the reporter of the stories: Yashu Gola at yashu@forexminute.com/newsletter
Subscribe to our daily forex newsletter for free by visiting www.forexminute.com/newsletter
backdoorboy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 02:58:37 PM

To quote myself from weeks back: "People think they've missed the train on Darkcoin? They haven't even missed the train on Bitcoin yet."  Smiley

And that forexminute article was an appalling affront to The Queen's English.  Undecided

it aint the queens english no more mate.

was decentralised since slavery.. its any ones language now
fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:14:22 PM

Today i can go to a friend and when he asks me what to to with spare fiatmoney i can say to him to by gold or silver, but i can' t say buy cryptocurrecy. Ask yourself,  would you advise a friends go crypto?

lol.

I absolutely, 100%, always recommend cryptocurrency. You are talking about a fledgling technology that is cumulatively worth approximately ten billion dollars. That's nothing compared to the total wealth of the planet.

The amount of services that can be run through coins is truly staggering. The way it is going to revolutionize money and the internet should not be underestimated.

The thing is, I don't recommend bullshit. I recommend the technologies, the stuff that has staying power, and I never recommend the hype. I would never tell them to buy some pump and dump coin because that's what makes you an asshole.

I tell people straight up there are probably under 20 interesting coins, the rest are just trash.

I recommend these because I don't want people to miss the boat twice.

Me too, but I take good care of talking about the risk. Even serious coins like Darkcoin take big price swings. Even Bitcoin does. People who are not into cryptos tend to look the price way too much and get scared easily. I recently convinced someone to put 5k euros into Darkcoin at around 0.01 and he called scared a couple days later when it went to 0.009. I know he will eventually thank me, but it's gonna be a rough ride Smiley
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:17:13 PM

Today i can go to a friend and when he asks me what to to with spare fiatmoney i can say to him to by gold or silver, but i can' t say buy cryptocurrecy. Ask yourself,  would you advise a friends go crypto?

lol.

I absolutely, 100%, always recommend cryptocurrency. You are talking about a fledgling technology that is cumulatively worth approximately ten billion dollars. That's nothing compared to the total wealth of the planet.

The amount of services that can be run through coins is truly staggering. The way it is going to revolutionize money and the internet should not be underestimated.

The thing is, I don't recommend bullshit. I recommend the technologies, the stuff that has staying power, and I never recommend the hype. I would never tell them to buy some pump and dump coin because that's what makes you an asshole.

I tell people straight up there are probably under 20 interesting coins, the rest are just trash.

Me too, but I take good care of talking about the risk. Even serious coins like Darkcoin take big price swings. Even Bitcoin does. People who are not into cryptos tend to look the price way too much and get scared easily. I recently convinced someone to put 5k euros into Darkcoin at around 0.01 and he called scared a couple days later when it went to 0.009. I know he will eventually thank me, but it's gonna be a rough ride Smiley
Hopefully you won't loose a friend
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:21:22 PM

You've made some really good points recently... I share your opinions on the scammers scamming themselves out of their own market, it is extremely short sighted and it does turn away a lot of genuine investment...

What's the answer?  Do you regulate?  Do you put in some form of compliance?  If we have guards, who will guard the guards?

I almost made it my life's mission to load up on BTC and crush every scamcoin out there before it had a chance to gain legs... Then you just have to watch ads on TV for a few minutes and you realise that Crypto is no different to the commercial world...

If you're like me mate, you came into Crypto with big ideals, it's the change so many people want with the current system of financial slavery.

I found Crypto a few months after I quit my job in disgust.  I was working for the largest bank in the world, in London, they had just been told by the regulators to refund 1 Billion Pounds worth of payment protection insurance that they forced onto credit junkies over the last 25 years.  I was sitting in a confidential meeting where the bank's compliance team were analysing the wording from the regulators to see how much they could avoid having to refund customers, even though the bank admitted to the scam.

And yes, Bank's have more information than they need on the average person, but it's not just the invasion of privacy.  It's the greedy worker on the data team that's selling your credit card information to cartels for $3 a pop that the internal fraud team took too long to find...

Just be glad you found DarkCoin mate...  It's not the only genuine platform out there, but it's head and shoulders above the rest...
^^^ Best post I've read in a while. Thanks for a great morning read!

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
fernando

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:26:01 PM

lol.

I'm relaxed about it. I believe in Darkcoin and I have no problem to put my name next to it for a friend. I'm convinced I've made him a big favour. We have given each other advice many times, some good, some terrible. We are all grown ups and he's not invested money he can't afford to lose.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:40:25 PM

lol.

I'm relaxed about it. I believe in Darkcoin and I have no problem to put my name next to it for a friend. I'm convinced I've made him a big favour. We have given each other advice many times, some good, some terrible. We are all grown ups and he's not invested money he can't afford to lose.

the only advice to live by

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 03:41:33 PM

The all important maxim. Sounds like you did fine  Cool.

edit: CHAOSiTEC beat me to it, that bastard.  Cheesy

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:09:32 PM

OK- y'all have almost TOO much knowledge!
-on to my query- I have not wanted to bother anyone here with this, but after two days of reading and searching, I notice the OP says the latest wallet is 9.11 and 10.11, respectively, but the .org site says '****** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.12.1 OR 10.12.1 *******' Where is this update! ? I'm running 10.11.6 currently. (I don't want to miss anything)
Also, I did find the Rc4 -QT, but I have no idea what to do with the file.
Yes, I'm a dork. Any help is appreciated. I have been holding my DRK since April, wanting to be among those on the forefront with this coin!
Thanks.
fernando

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:15:39 PM

-on to my query- I have not wanted to bother anyone here with this, but after two days of reading and searching, I notice the OP says the latest wallet is 9.11 and 10.11, respectively, but the .org site says '****** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.12.1 OR 10.12.1 *******' Where is this update! ? I'm running 10.11.6 currently. (I don't want to miss anything)
Yes, I'm a dork. Any help is appreciated. I have been holding my DRK since April, wanting to be among those on the forefront with this coin!
Thanks.

Which .org site are you talking about?

When in doubt, always go with what darkcoin.io says. (0.10.11.6 or 0.9.11.6 at this moment).
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 04:20:38 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 04:44:46 PM by qwizzie

Thanks.

When in doubt, always go with what darkcoin.io says. (0.10.11.6 or 0.9.11.6 at this moment).

you are most likely reading this thread : https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/
This is ment for testing RC4 (not out yet)
they instruct using 9.12.1 OR 10.12.1 for testing purposes of RC4 only !!

*** Latest Clients for normal use : 9.11.6 (stable) and 10.11.6 (RC3, includes Darksend) ***

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Terzo

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:11:05 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/2aw4wy/donations_for_darksend_code_review/
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:37:51 PM

http://bitcoinist.net/interview-with-evan-duffield/

Evan interview / all X11 talk …>>

Q: How did you start the creation of the X11 Algorithm?

Darkcoin came about after many months of thinking about how to create anonymous money. One of the necessary features of a monetary system like Darkcoin is a brand new proof-of-work system.  What I really was aiming for with X11 is a similar development curve where miners would fight to create small advantages much like the early start of Bitcoin. I think this a requirement to create a healthy ecosystem.

Q: How long did it take to create the X11 algorithm and how though out was it?
After I figured out how I wanted to make X11, it only took me a couple of days to put together.

Q; Hirocoin implemented nites gravity well to improve security. Any opinions on it? Does it really make it more secure and if so would it be good to add it to Darkcoin?

NitesGravityWave is a modified version of KimotoGravityWell with an added fix for the time warp attack. It seems to work from my analysis. I still take issue with the way KimotoGravityWell is implemented. It’s overly complicated and often over adjusts the difficulty to the situation. When implementing DarkGravityWell I used exponential moving averages which can very quickly adjust to the influx of hashing power, without over adjusting.

Beginners luck. Anyone could have done the same thing.

I'm off to find a good old shitcoin, with devs that just buy their code off the internet for 1 BTC.
SumthngsWrong

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 06:41:11 PM

Thanks.

you are most likely reading this thread : https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-testing.1830/
This is ment for testing RC4 (not out yet)
they instruct using 9.12.1 OR 10.12.1 for testing purposes of RC4 only !!

*** Latest Clients for normal use : 9.11.6 (stable) and 10.11.6 (RC3, includes Darksend) ***

Ahh- thanks for the replies. I was confused.
Pages: « 1 ... 2299 2300 2301 2302 2303 2304 2305 2306 2307 2308 2309 2310 2311 2312 2313 2314 2315 2316 2317 2318 2319 2320 2321 2322 2323 2324 2325 2326 2327 2328 2329 2330 2331 2332 2333 2334 2335 2336 2337 2338 2339 2340 2341 2342 2343 2344 2345 2346 2347 2348 [2349] 2350 2351 2352 2353 2354 2355 2356 2357 2358 2359 2360 2361 2362 2363 2364 2365 2366 2367 2368 2369 2370 2371 2372 2373 2374 2375 2376 2377 2378 2379 2380 2381 2382 2383 2384 2385 2386 2387 2388 2389 2390 2391 2392 2393 2394 2395 2396 2397 2398 2399 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: