Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:32:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 [2610] 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722496 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:00:56 AM

Something more clear like :
1 round - normal people
2 rounds - dealers
4 rounds - African dictators
7 rounds - United Nations Supporting African Dictators
8 rounds - FIFA or Olympic comitees members

Sorry, I really couldn't resist
Sorry, had to fix it...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:01:24 AM

Anyone selling something interesting?  Wink

Got some eCash burning a hole in my wallet.
Is there anything I sell that's NOT interesting?

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
AwesomeStuff

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:01:51 AM

Happy to report after updating to 10.12.29 (RC) I noticed all my coins that appeared "stuck" on the previous release happily moved over to my total balance and they are all appearing anonymized. Earlier in the day they were all stuck in "unconfirmed" and I had 0 balance.

I'm not too sure what happened or what the actual cause was, but maybe I just needed to be more patient Cool Grin

Cheers!!
Pale Phoenix

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:04:13 AM

It will be only when big sell and buy walls support that price range...

A 200 BTC buy only takes it to 0.0011. Not much of a movement. That's enough market depth for it to be stable for a while.

Err, that's almost ~40% slippage. Smiley

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:04:45 AM

I think Kristov's review will be key. That provides the rubber stamp.

I sympathize for his job, as he is not reviewing static code but rather something that is constantly changing / evolving / reprogrammed to new functionality. You can't really rubber stamp if you have to face this (otherwise positive) problem.

This has been my only long-standing concern for DRK; are even the crypto-people too stupid to see what it can do?

Crypto-traders, buyers, etc do not usually understand technical concepts, not necessarily because they are stupid, but because they might lack the knowledge to properly evaluate stuff.

1. We've seen that in "complex" coins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637645 (read post #2 and post #9 by me)

2. We've seen that in the anonymous market: a lot of people were unable to properly evaluate the worthiness of certain coins in the marketplace. People were getting excited by vapor, believing FUD as truth, claiming scummy P&Ds are innovative anonymous coins, equating DRK being trustless and decentralized with other trusted and centralized solutions, not understanding the difference between actual coins that can be used versus proof-of-concept coins etc etc.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:06:58 AM

Anyone selling something interesting?  Wink

Got some eCash burning a hole in my wallet.
Is there anything I sell that's NOT interesting?

I'm in the UK. We have people tripping all over each other because its so full. I'll take a closer look  Grin
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:11:04 AM

The last time I checked LTC didn't move any goal posts and its value has gone from $40-$50 to $5.

Also, I did ask before....can someone point me to the finished Bitcoin project please, you know the one where there are no devs working on anything.

Uh, that's existed for quite some time now has it not?

Plenty of talk but no actual development... and there has never been such a thing as a LTC developer worthy of the title - fork BTC, rename it, use a different algo, job done eh? Sit on your arse for over a year and then shoot yourself and your fellow bagholders in the head with ASICs. Genius!
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:24:37 AM

I don't think any of the long-term believers are thrilled with DRK trading lower, but at the same time are focused on the larger picture. RC4 is released, it works. Yes there were a few new versions to fix some issues, but it's on mainnet with multiple wallets denominated with others. Testnet had a bunch of fixes but testnet only goes so far for replicating the network that mainnet is. As issues creep up (and they will), Evan and team will have a better idea of how to fix them appropriately and move forward with the next RC revision.

While I wasn't apart of the testing on testnet, I did follow the thread. I was a bit concerned when Evan gave the initial Monday or Tuesday launch as there were still issues creeping up but overall, even with the multiple new wallets released yesterday, we have something that didn't "break" the coin. It's an easy enough upgrade now that 97% of the pools have complied with masternode payouts--it's just a matter of a simple upgrade vs additional coding to figure out paying MNs.

I believe exciting things are ahead and as more and more analysis is done on the BTC blockchain, the more desirable having a solution that doesn't allow analysis will be. It hasn't been a great market for altcoins in general the past few months, let alone BTC's downward move also contributing. The constant P&D's sucking even more BTC out of the system while leaving plenty holding the bag. DRK sure had its fair share of problems, dating all the way back to the initial launch, to the recent RC releases with forking issues.

...but, with all those growing panes, the DRK we have as of yesterday is completely different than the one 4 months ago, certainly different than Xcoin in the beginning. If you really believe the privacy/anonymous altcoin market really deserves to have valuations at just fractions of what BTC's market cap is, you should take a step back and re-evaluate. I was never one to believe that bitcoin was going to be replaced or that magically, crypto was going to replace fiat currency as we know it today (at least in the next 10 years or so), but maintaining a form of privacy after transacting in BTC or just in general is something many will desire. I'm sure there are still people that believe BTC is anonymous...
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:26:34 AM

The last time I checked LTC didn't move any goal posts and its value has gone from $40-$50 to $5.

Also, I did ask before....can someone point me to the finished Bitcoin project please, you know the one where there are no devs working on anything.

Uh, that's existed for quite some time now has it not?

Plenty of talk but no actual development... and there has never been such a thing as a LTC developer worthy of the title - fork BTC, rename it, use a different algo, job done eh? Sit on your arse for over a year and then shoot yourself and your fellow bagholders in the head with ASICs. Genius!

In fairness, Warren did quite a lot in terms of fixing up LTC and saving it from almost certain technical death....some of his work found its way into BTC and also into DRK.

Bitcoin.....

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin

Last change 11hrs ago. It still looks like RC as well  Grin
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:30:57 AM

I'm sure there are still people that believe BTC is anonymous...

Silk Road was like Christmas for the Rozzers.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:31:29 AM

Yeah...we've been talking about that...my thoughts are there is a seed change happening in some of the bigger investors and initial investors.  I have several friends that have been playing out this game now for 5 years and are frankly burnt out....It seems instead of the road forward being clearer, its become cloudier in some ways.  I think the biggest thing we need to work on...and it has to start with BTC is grow the acceptance of this ecosystem.  BTC must/has to succeed, tho I'm sure there are those that would disagree...  We can't have businesses...like mine for example always wanting to change BTC or any coin for fiet.  This is are single biggest challenge.  Neutrino, is has very interesting concept up their sleeve, and I've video chatted with them several times a few months back, I wouldn't dismiss them so easily.  They have had some very successful ventures in the past and have a great base, although small, around them.   We'll see.  Its interesting times... and I think the whole crypto community should band together to promote this to the masses.  Our in fighting has collateral damage to those outside of our community.  Its hurting us by not painting a positive picture of the ecosystem.  It sucks because there are so many bad operators out there, that we all get jaded.  But folks...we need each other...we need to promote Crypto coin to the masses.  I'm not sure how we are going to bridge our in fighting.  no clue.
I don't think it's gotten cloudier. It simply arrived at it's destination and has nowhere else to go since it refuses to innovate further. Speaking of BTC.

Most people can still barely send an email. Over half the population doesn't even own a computer. Of those who do, how many maintain them in a manner that putting money on it would be safe?

We are less than 0.01% of the population, and that's just how it is. The idea of "mass adoption" is and always has been a pipe dream. BTC only got as expensive as it did due to speculative investments, not mass adoption.

Most people would fill their winblows computer full of malware and lose their coins, just like they do with everything else they own and don't know anything about, then abuse until it fails. We are the people that, absent technology, would be self-sufficient farmer types. We learn. We improve. We take care of. We don't work 80 hours a week to blow money on dumb shit and then destroy it out of stupidity, whine to customer service, not get our way, buy another somewhere else only to repeat the cycle of failure hoping not to be told to grow up this time, or at least get our way an have the thing we destroyed replaced at the cost of someone else.

This is the kind of person you would need to reach if you wanted mass adoption, because they are the mass. The mass does not learn. The mass does not accept responsibility for anything, ever. This is why it is content to be a slave of the state; freedom from responsibility means giving up the rights and freedoms you would have to take responsibility for in the first place! They're all too happy to give it all up to be a slave and have it all taken care of for them. This kind of person is the opposite of what crypto currency can service. Crypto just can't reach these people, because they refuse to step up far enough to reach crypto.
yeah true....the masses will never completely or even remotely embrace crypto....maybe in a couple generations it may become common place.  I for one will be proud that I had a very small part in it and was here to witness the beginning!  Smiley

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:31:44 AM

Something more clear like :
1 round - normal people
2 rounds - dealers
4 rounds - African dictators
8 rounds - FIFA or Olympic comitees members

Sorry, I really couldn't resist

I actually think you should add prostitution in there.

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21611063-internet-making-buying-and-selling-sex-easier-and-safer-governments-should-stop
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

He [satoshi] stays anonymous, but doesn't have the decency to extend the same to the users of his creation.

+1

And with darkcoin it's the exact opposite.
Evan's identity is known and he creates a coin to make all users transactions anonymous.

The only problem I see is, what will happen to Evan's private life should darkcoin go to the "center of the galaxy" ?
(that's where it belongs, not "to the moon"... the US empire belongs to the moon)

JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:41:30 AM

With v29 can anybody who couldn't get more than one round of Darksend now get multiple rounds? Or has that not been fixed yet?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:43:39 AM

yeah true....the masses will never completely or even remotely brace crypto....

We actually don't need the masses. Even 1% of fiat marketcap is enough. And if 1% of that 1% is private, that's enough for DRK too.

Total money supply (M3) for EU and USA should be more >25 trillion USD. If we add the rest of the planet, that's ...a lot.

Anyway 1% of that is 250 billion USD.

1% of that 1% is 2.5bn USD for the anon marketcap.

And 99% can enjoy fiat Tongue

Same goes for gold/silver/platinum/palladium investors who generally dislike or hedge fiat. The marketcap of the physical should be around 10 trillion USD easy (gold is upwards of 7 trillion in itself). If you go to the marketcap of physical+paper, that's even more...

The cryptomarket is still too small.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:44:10 AM

Hi Gang...can anyone provide the currant update on the total Master Nodes out there?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 12:46:29 AM

"./bitcoin: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.11' not found (required by ./bitcoin)" isn't a new problem that started with 0.3.6 is it?  This was built on the same OS installations as 0.3.0.

Unfortunately I upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 before 0.3.0.  I will not upgrade anymore.  I don't know when I might have time to reinstall to downgrade, but at least by not upgrading, it'll gradually fix itself.

Still going through the tweaking history. But it goes on and fucking on.

Can someone please point me to the finished Bitcoin project? Thanks.

Excellent train of thought... Good one  Cheesy

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:48:20 AM

I sympathize for his job, as he is not reviewing static code but rather something that is constantly changing / evolving / reprogrammed to new functionality. You can't really rubber stamp if you have to face this (otherwise positive) problem.

This has been my only long-standing concern for DRK; are even the crypto-people too stupid to see what it can do?

Crypto-traders, buyers, etc do not usually understand technical concepts, not necessarily because they are stupid, but because they might lack the knowledge to properly evaluate stuff.

1. We've seen that in "complex" coins: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637645 (read post #2 and post #9 by me)

2. We've seen that in the anonymous market: a lot of people were unable to properly evaluate the worthiness of certain coins in the marketplace. People were getting excited by vapor, believing FUD as truth, claiming scummy P&Ds are innovative anonymous coins, equating DRK being trustless and decentralized with other trusted and centralized solutions, not understanding the difference between actual coins that can be used versus proof-of-concept coins etc etc.
On the other hand there are lots of smart people staying away from darkcoin who normally love privacy and anonymity. People like Andreas Antonop, Taaki even Gmaxwell. Personally, I think the darkcoin code works and is bloody brilliant but the closed source nature is driving talent away. Also, you guys are going to hate me for saying this but the name divides. Maybe that's what you guys want and I'm not bothered by it but uninformed people will tend to assume sinister motives simply because of the word dark. Ok, some of you will say we don't care; let Evan finish coding and we'll stick with the name. In that case, we can't complain about the current price. And I know many of you don't care about price. But it all adds up.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:48:58 AM

yeah true....the masses will never completely or even remotely brace crypto....

We actually don't need the masses. Even 1% of fiat marketcap is enough. And if 1% of that 1% is private, that's enough for DRK too.

Total money supply (M3) for EU and USA should be more >25 trillion USD. If we add the rest of the planet, that's ...a lot.

Anyway 1% of that is 250 billion USD.

1% of that 1% is 2.5bn USD for the anon marketcap.

And 99% can enjoy fiat Tongue

Same goes for gold/silver/platinum/palladium investors who generally dislike or hedge fiat. The marketcap of the physical should be around 10 trillion USD easy (gold is upwards of 7 trillion in itself). If you go to the marketcap of physical+paper, that's even more...

The cryptomarket is still too small.

Yes...we need to get the word out...to those 1% that are looking to shed the shackles, we need to educate those that want this, need this.  Even at a fraction of a percent...this is HUGE...for us that is.  We would still be a blip on the radar.  Who knows...so many things can change this in a heart beat.  The time is here for us to harden the dark code and polish the wallets, the steps for all those that want anonymity can gain it.  

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 12:55:47 AM

On the other hand there are lots of smart people staying away from darkcoin who normally love privacy and anonymity. People like Andreas Antonop, Taaki even Gmaxwell. Personally, I think the darkcoin code works and is bloody brilliant but the closed source nature is driving talent away. Also, you guys are going to hate me for saying this but the name divides. Maybe that's what you guys want and I'm not bothered by it but uninformed people will tend to assume sinister motives simply because of the word dark. Ok, some of you will say we don't care; let Evan finish coding and we'll stick with the name. In that case, we can't complain about the current price. And I know many of you don't care about price. But it all adds up.

I agree...I think with time people can get over the Darkcoin name...wouldn't have been my first choice for a world anon currency, but it is unique and it is a statement.  I have this with my own winery name...I picked something completely out of the ordinary- Misconduct Wine Co.  and we now have a growing cult following in high end restuarants and select stores.  In the snoddy world of wine...it took alot of time.  But everyone remembers it and gets what we are about.  There is still 50% of the old guard wine consumers that flip their nose up...but today we had one of the top private wine collectors come in and rant and wave about our wines!  Time....friends time.  Evan knows what he is doing...

Pages: « 1 ... 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 [2610] 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: