Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:37:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 [2623] 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722518 times)
numisma

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:46:13 PM

Hello,

So people listening to the trolls and manipulators, do your research and if you find something better to invest your money into it, do it; I don't see it.

Best regards, -N.

KARMA!!! What about KARMA?  Wink

I am sorry, I only look at coins which have something BTC doesn't. And I don't mean to get into a war, I will not post anything about this again. But what some developers are trying to do with their own coins, it can be done with BTC also. DRK and some other coins have actually changed something. I might be wrong, I had only read the OP, if I am wrong, I apologize.

@RIGNUMISMATIC - Try it out! - http://rentrig.co/rigs/10671
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
whocares

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:48:51 PM

How is posting a chart from Mintpal Fudding?

I was contemplating making a DRK purchase but the chart looks rather ominous.  Apparently all you look at is price.  There are many other factors to take into account when making an investment.  Maybe that's why I make profit most of the time.  It doesn't matter how cheap you think DRK is right now.  What matters is where it's going.  

Those charts don't mean nothing so pure FUD from your side, but keep it.
Toninho

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:51:40 PM

OMG    $3.5  Huh guys are crazy
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:52:53 PM

Is RC4 working properly ?
That's the puzzling thing about it. RC4 is actually ok with darksend round = 1. The price drop surprised me.
Shitty timing... its been a bloodbath week for lots of cryptos... though in the big picture of 12 month cycle... not to bad...maybe except for ltc. im still way up... and that is why... long term investing in fundamentals always wins.  Wink

Its not just the timing. Its the non-existing outlook. Markets always need something to look out for, some kind of phantasy. That's what makes them advance.

For instance if RC4 would have announced as a fixed date and time, we would have seen a much bigger price rally. People would have set up countdown timers, tweets about upcoming RC4 would have been made etc etc

THATS whats drives markets! You need always to deliver outlooks! At the moment we have no outlook BEYOND RC4. The market recognizes that we will soon have a working anon, nevertheless: "What comes next?"
No matter what comes next it should be communicated early.

OUTLOOK boys, thats all that matters in markets.

Outlook BEYOND RC4.
The outlook is ip obfuscation

I doubt you will be able to build a rally upon that. Strengthen the anonymity further is good but thats not whats been looked after at the moment.

We need some phantasy/goal BEYOND a good and working anonymity. Whats comes next?

Today I bought back in DRK (short term investment?). I mined DRK in the early days and cashed out when it had the massive pump. Today I have holdings in DRK, Cloak (my main holding) and BTC. Cloak has also got anon and got a massive list of projekts, super active devs whos always in cloakcoin IRC channel, they are working 24/7 to make the coin useful for other then speculation. I have tried to figure what the DRK devs are up to other than make the coin annon, but I havent found out any other projekts? I had a rather big stake in Vertcoin and mined it from start, back then it was "ASIC resistant" who where the tech who got the coin pumped. I got a feeling that DRK may bleed out (just as Vertcoin did when they promoted "ASIC resistant") if they havent got more plans.

So please tell me why DRK is a better coin in the long run than Cloak or XC?

OK, will give you my key reasons:
1) DRK is the first truly anon in here - anonymity is what was missing here and will be increasingly sought after not only by cybercriminals, money launderers, but community in general.
2) DRK has a catchy name clearly outlining its purpose. Don't laugh - it is an important factor and reason why plenty of other nonsensical names are not understood by investors. Sending a clear message is crucial in this messy altcoin environment.
3) Active Devs implementing real changes, increasing profesionalisation of the development, active community (proved by largest number of pages on bitcointalk). The design of wallet and promotion will be significantly facilitated by a number of capable members of the community.
4) Development is transparent & progress can be seen on darkcointalk. There is no effort to conceal the issues and massage the community with PR.
5) What I see as a key thing - the masternode concept that replicates P2P TOR-like solution implementing POS which will be not only key feature for assuring anonymity but will also lead to P2P services with benefits we may not currently foresee. Also, a prospect of continuous income from operating a MN is tempting for me as well as for the other investors.
6) There is a positive outlook with Kristov review in line and since he has not sold his coins yet I do not expect serious issues there. Making the Dark Open sourced, ironing non-critical issue, implementing cool wallet design, promotion among chinese exchanges.... Even though it looks a bit bleak at the moment I believe good times are ahead of us.

My only regret is I discovered DRK too late to reap the great early prices and too soon so I can not buy much more at the moment Smiley

1. Agreed
2. Agreed
3. Ok, but I feel its "only" anon tech and its still a work in progress.
4,5. Is this 100% trustless like cloakcoin annontec? I hear nodes can be compromized if u have enough nodes? There is sooo much FUD going on so its hard to keep track.. Cloakcoin Is already building Onemarket (like ebay fully decentralized)
6. Well Its better to have some money in the most promising coins. At the moment Cloak is Dirt cheap so I have the largest investment there, got BTC and DRK atm, looking at XC.

Yep, currently most of the development is about anon and yes, it is trustless. There is an extremely small possibility of tracking the transaction if you get your hands on high number of nodes but in practice that never happens - that is why TOR which is suffering from the same theoretical weakness is used by masses without ever being compromised (I am talking about core infrastructure, not the TOR bundle, where browser can be subject to vulnerabilities).
The design of the new wallet is in the advanced stage and looks extremely user friendly, nothing like the current implementation.
I will get a few hundred cloaks if it gets below 0005 - was thinking about buying it today but then it went up again.
PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 02:53:00 PM

Hi guys,

Trying to setup a darkcoin p2pool node following the instructions here:

https://bitbucket.org/dstorm/p2pool-drk

When I execute the command "python setup.py install" from within the /xcoin-hash folder I get "error: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/xcoin_hash.so'" - tried running the command with sudo but get the same result. I run a few p2pool nodes for various coins, so I know it's not a dependency issue.....

Any ideas what the problem is?

Peace  Smiley

I'm sure you'll get better help in IRC #Darkcoin... dunno, anyone around here to lend a hand?

Yeah, I just posted there too, thanks for the suggestion. If anyone here could give a suggestion I'd be grateful....... Smiley

There's still 4 page for me to read and maybe this has been answered but....

My understanding would be....... When ever a permission is denied, use: sudo

Hi Mangled Blue, yeah - that's what I thought too, tried it but got the same error........thanks anyway  Wink

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:53:11 PM

Just perusing my other holdings (this one VIA) when I see this...
"It turns out we were pretty much instrumental in why DRK was added to Bitfinex.  In addition to that, I introduced Evan Duffield to their legal counsel who is currently helping them structure the Darkcoin Foundation (which will soon be announced) of which I am a founding member. "

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=699278.msg8362123#msg8362123

Darkcoin Foundation, eh?

JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:54:05 PM

So is anonymization with 1 round working or not working? I tried it a few versions ago, and it seemed to work.

So much FUD and trolling in here your post almost got lost.

Yes, the current situation is that 1 round is working for the vast majority and more than more 1 round is not yet fixed. In the RC4 bug thread flare says they have reproduced it and are currently working on a fix.
Drobek

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:54:23 PM

How is posting a chart from Mintpal Fudding?

I was contemplating making a DRK purchase but the chart looks rather ominous.  Apparently all you look at is price.  There are many other factors to take into account when making an investment.  Maybe that's why I make profit most of the time.  It doesn't matter how cheap you think DRK is right now.  What matters is where it's going.  

Agreed, obviously
JGCMiner

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:54:50 PM

"It turns out we were pretty much instrumental in why DRK was added to Bitfinex.  In addition to that, I introduced Evan Duffield to their legal counsel who is currently helping them structure the Darkcoin Foundation (which will soon be announced) of which I am a founding member. "

Darkcoin Foundation, eh?

JL

I heard about this as well. Cheesy
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:55:13 PM

We are under 0.007. We are heading to 0.001. That's great !   Angry

Dude.
1. Shut your computer down and return in two weeks like you said you were going to.
2. Enjoy (mostly) stress-free life.

luigi1111 = bagholder.

save yourself, sell all now and reinvest at the bottom..

This has nothing to do with me.

It has everything to do with Terzo's post history. He been making extremely short, mostly nonsensical posts for months.
Drobek

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:56:24 PM

Darkcoin Foundation, eh?

JL

looks like bullshit
JGCMiner

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 02:58:02 PM

Darkcoin Foundation, eh?

JL

looks like bullshit

It's not. Unless I have been lied to. Cheesy
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:00:31 PM

Looks like Darkcoin may be the first coin with practical anonymity(that can be used in everyday situations). Very good!

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
raganius

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:02:25 PM

Darkcoin Foundation, eh?

JL

Well, it seems that he and Otoh are partners and are going to create this Foundation. But, just like with the Bitcoin Foundation, Darkcoin is decentralised. No central authority is in it's very soul. That's why it's so beautiful.

The Darkcoin Foundation, as well as the Bitcoin Foundation or as any other foundations to be created (we are free to create as many foundations as we wish) is very welcome to help, as long as it refrains from trying to arrogate itself the title of "Central Authority" (that's what they are not).
drizzle2405
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 03:03:39 PM

For those talking about Cloak here, take it BACK to the Cloak forum.

Dagger has asked several times to STOP posting stuff in Dark forum!!!  Take it back to Cloak forum!  Stay the hell out of Darkcoin's forum!!!  What don't you guys get?  This isn't a freakin competition between Dark and Cloak!

We have enough fud in the Cloak forum, and all you guys are doing is stirring up more crap!

Sorry to all the Dark holders for the people that are posting about Cloak here, they have no business stirring up the pot!

whocares

Activity: 160

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:04:17 PM

RC4 Updates

@eltito
Hello everyone,

We're a few days into RC4 and things are going relatively well for an update of this size and scope. A few bugs have turned up and they are being dealt with in turn. Please be aware that these affect local wallets only and not the underlying structure of Darksend or Darkcoin. There are no known bugs affecting Masternodes at this time.

If you'd like to keep on the current issues status, you can do so here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-issues-bugs-feature-requests.2039/

Compliance

yidakee, chaeplin and several others have been working diligently on getting pools to upgrade their clients to RC4 so that RC4 Masternodes will be paid. Compliance is now around 66% and yidakee anticipates that we will be closer to 75% by the end of the day. This level of compliance after RC3 took much longer - this is fantastic work by yidakee and crew. As more pools update to RC4, payments to Masternodes running RC4 will pick back up to their proper levels.

You can follow progress on that front (or help out!) here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-compliant-mining-pools-vs-non-complying.2038/

Masternode Owners

The most recent mandatory update for Masternodes is v10.12.26. If you are running that or any higher version on your Masternode, there is nothing more that you need to do at this time. The updates being released right now are to address bugs that have been found in the denomination process for Darksend only. Versions beyond 10.12.26 are not mandatory for Masternodes.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-updates.2047/#post-16583
KryptoFoo

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:04:30 PM

Darkcoin Foundation, eh?

JL

Nice find JL thanks for posting. A foundation seems like a natural step in the evolution of a great coin like DRK.
O_Omaha

Activity: 159

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:07:16 PM

Looks like Darkcoin may be the first coin with practical anonymity(that can be used in everyday situations). Very good!

I cannot say this. Please explain "practical" please, as many coins offer this now. I think cloakcoin was the first and then xc, and shadowcoin. so unless you can explain, then your comment is mislead.
Joshuar

eidoo wallet

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:10:56 PM

I cannot say this. Please explain "practical" please, as many coins offer this now. I think cloakcoin was the first and then xc, and shadowcoin. so unless you can explain, then your comment is mislead.

Darkcoin offered anonymous sending (darksend) before cloakcoin or xc or shadowcoin even existed(all three of which copied Darkcoin's darksend)

By Practical anonymity, I mean no blockchain bloat etc.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
August 15, 2014, 03:12:23 PM

RC4 Updates! Point of situation.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-updates.2047/#post-16583

Quote from: eltito, post: 16583, member: 368
Hello everyone,

We're a few days into RC4 and things are going relatively well for an update of this size and scope.  A few bugs have turned up and they are being dealt with in turn.  Please be aware that these affect local wallets only and not the underlying structure of Darksend or Darkcoin.  There are no known bugs affecting Masternodes at this time.

If you'd like to keep on the current issues status, you can do so here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-issues-bugs-feature-requests.2039/

Compliance

[USER=336]yidakee[/USER], [USER=206]chaeplin[/USER] and several others have been working diligently on getting pools to upgrade their clients to RC4 so that RC4 Masternodes will be paid.  Compliance is now around 66% and [USER=336]yidakee[/USER] anticipates that we will be closer to 75% by the end of the day.  This level of compliance after RC3 took much longer - this is fantastic work by [USER=336]yidakee[/USER] and crew.  As more pools update to RC4, payments to Masternodes running RC4 will pick back up to their proper levels.

You can follow progress on that front (or help out!) here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rc4-compliant-mining-pools-vs-non-complying.2038/

Masternode Owners

The most recent mandatory update for Masternodes is v10.12.26.  If you are running that or any higher version on your Masternode, there is nothing more that you need to do at this time.  The updates being released right now are to address bugs that have been found in the denomination process for Darksend only.  These only affect those who wish to use Darksend on a local wallet.  Versions beyond 10.12.26 are not mandatory for Masternodes.
Pages: « 1 ... 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 [2623] 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 2660 2661 2662 2663 2664 2665 2666 2667 2668 2669 2670 2671 2672 2673 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: