Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:32:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 [2609] 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:23:06 PM

I think we have to accept that this may be DRK's settled price range - at least as far as the market against bitcoin is concerned. Everything that's going on now was known about and anticipated in the big revaluation of 3 months ago and so can be considered to be already priced in.

From now on, both technical and price development is likely to be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. That doesn't mean there won't be some good bumps along the way - once the technology gets bedded down, this will be a very attractive target asset if and when the rest of the altcoin market starts to consolidate, so still wrth investing in and holding IMO, but not as a quick pump and dump.

I think this is a positive. It would be better if the price were stable while we wait for Evan to finish putting all the pieces in place.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:25:26 PM

I think that rather than disabling Darksend by default, upon the first start up of a wallet, it should prompt you to choose whether you want Darksend enabled. Also, if there are going to be fees, the wallet should be able to give an estimate for your balance. Furthermore, asking a user how many rounds they want is too confusing for most people. Better to have preset values that correspond to a simple description. 2 rounds - anonymous, 4 Rounds - increased anonymity, 8 rounds - maximum anonymity.

Agree and I think DRKLord will take that into the wallets design. But technically its up and running and that is a hell of an achievement!

Something more clear like :
1 round - normal people
2 rounds - dealers
4 rounds - African dictators
8 rounds - FIFA or Olympic comitees members

Sorry, I really couldn't resist

No darksend - normal people
1 round - male dildo
2 rounds - money launderers
4-8 rounds - nerds
drkwarrior

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:25:49 PM

for those who may not know , this is why ltc/btc and many other shitcoins are being dumped.
Quote from: drkwarrior on August 13, 2014, 07:07:10 AM
Quote from: drkwarrior on August 12, 2014, 03:26:36 AM
around 8.30pm today, roughly 5 coins, bc,doge,ltc,drk,clk were all dumped, then btc was dumped for usd. What we have is a whale or whale group cashing out..around 2000+ btc.

some serious dumping of most alts on btce , just now ppc,nmc,ltc and btc dumped at the same time aswell as a few coins on other exchanges.
drk is spared because whales got out ages ago and tried to get us to dump with them. We held because we didnt want to play their silly games and hoddled for a MN.
i hear foolio hasnt been around for a week.

Quote from: Ignition75 on August 13, 2014, 07:01:50 AM
Quote from: drkwarrior on August 13, 2014, 06:41:58 AM
i think im defo on to something, http://trollboxarchive.com/search/all/koolio   - they sad to see him leave ,lol
https://twitter.com/KryptoKoolio   His last post on the 11aug.
On btce chat he says ltc going down heavy when the price was on 0.012 two days ago.

For those who dont know koolio was 2nd biggest ltc miner and bagholder after coblee himself  Shocked

I've been trying to get in touch with magnet, another LTC multi millionaire with a farm that makes my setup look like a rasberry pi CPU miner, no response...

LTC dying is going to send massive ripples throughout the system.  I honestly feel for those that are going to go under and they haven't discovered DRK yet.

yea seems like they cashing out before new ltc asics take their profits. Im sure he also dumped a whole bunch of alts yesterday and today.
Im just happy he cant damage drk

drk will be number 2 now defo 100%. Dump any shitcoins you may have because the biggest whale group has left.
This is a very good time to buy his cheap btc and buy cheap drk. This sale wont last long
zombie6

Activity: 438
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:26:39 PM

I think that rather than disabling Darksend by default, upon the first start up of a wallet, it should prompt you to choose whether you want Darksend enabled. Also, if there are going to be fees, the wallet should be able to give an estimate for your balance. Furthermore, asking a user how many rounds they want is too confusing for most people. Better to have preset values that correspond to a simple description. 2 rounds - anonymous, 4 Rounds - increased anonymity, 8 rounds - maximum anonymity.

Agree and I think DRKLord will take that into the wallets design. But technically its up and running and that is a hell of an achievement!

Something more clear like :
1 round - normal people
2 rounds - dealers
4 rounds - African dictators
8 rounds - FIFA or Olympic comitees members

Sorry, I really couldn't resist
lol needed that
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:27:22 PM

I think we have to accept that this may be DRK's settled price range - at least as far as the market against bitcoin is concerned.

It will be only when big sell and buy walls support that price range... say 1000 BTC buy on 0.0075 and another 1000 sell on 0.0085 so that it finds equilibrium in 0.008.

With no walls, the price can move wildly with off-the-book buying and selling of large quantities. If one wants to buy 10k DRK for example, what's the settled price of DRK?
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:29:08 PM

I hope everyone understands RC4 HAS NOT LAUNCHED YET... its out in spork mode. It is meant to be this way. Roll out RC4 to the adventurour to play with and report bugs "large scale" - which are just little pestering things and nothing major.

No one need to update unless they dont want to. Except pools if they dont want orphaned blocks when the fork is set.

So RC4 beta-testing now?

Release Candidates are betas by definition...

^^ This 100%.

Wait until v1.0 before being too critical.

The problem is that you can't keep moving the goal posts.  RC4 was supposed to be a big deal.  It wasn't and now people are talking about v1.0 instead.  That's not going to fly.  It's been next week for several months now.  Either you have a working product or you don't.  It's actually a very simple concept.
I would respectfully disagree with this.  RC4 is a release candidate.   Its beta, and you've probably been around software development before, I assume.  Evan and the dev team stated what was going to be included in RC4 and they have delivered, there is expected to be bugs in mainnet because NO ONE can replicate mainnet real world in a testnet enviorment. As you must be aware...no where does anyone on here state that this is a final release.  I'm sure there have been individuals on this forum and possibly others that may have been pumping that as such for their own gain...but no one from the official team has EVER mentioned that.

Again...Beta is a Beta...can we at least agree on that shojayxt?

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:33:17 PM

The last time I checked LTC didn't move any goal posts and its value has gone from $40-$50 to $5.

Also, I did ask before....can someone point me to the finished Bitcoin project please, you know the one where there are no devs working on anything.
Magiklair

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:33:46 PM

I hope everyone understands RC4 HAS NOT LAUNCHED YET... its out in spork mode. It is meant to be this way. Roll out RC4 to the adventurour to play with and report bugs "large scale" - which are just little pestering things and nothing major.

No one need to update unless they dont want to. Except pools if they dont want orphaned blocks when the fork is set.

So RC4 beta-testing now?

^^ This 100%.

The problem is that you can't keep moving the goal posts.  RC4 was supposed to be a big deal.  It wasn't and now people are talking about v1.0 instead.  That's not going to fly.  It's been next week for several months now.  Either you have a working product or you don't.  It's actually a very simple concept.
I would respectfully disagree with this.  RC4 is a release candidate.   Its beta, and you've probably been around software development before, I assume.  Evan and the dev team stated what was going to be included in RC4 and they have delivered, there is expected to be bugs in mainnet because NO ONE can replicate mainnet real world in a testnet enviorment. As you must be aware...no where does anyone on here state that this is a final release.  I'm sure there have been individuals on this forum and possibly others that may have been pumping that as such for their own gain...but no one from the official team has EVER mentioned that.

Again...Beta is a Beta...can we at least agree on that shojayxt?

I agree it is. A release candidate and therefore classified usually as beta
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:35:39 PM

Yes. And, no.

We've had Beta.

Now we are RC, almost ready to rock and roll, just tweaking after seeing what happens in public distribution.
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:36:39 PM

Yeah...we've been talking about that...my thoughts are there is a seed change happening in some of the bigger investors and initial investors.  I have several friends that have been playing out this game now for 5 years and are frankly burnt out....It seems instead of the road forward being clearer, its become cloudier in some ways.  I think the biggest thing we need to work on...and it has to start with BTC is grow the acceptance of this ecosystem.  BTC must/has to succeed, tho I'm sure there are those that would disagree...  We can't have businesses...like mine for example always wanting to change BTC or any coin for fiet.  This is are single biggest challenge.  Neutrino, is has very interesting concept up their sleeve, and I've video chatted with them several times a few months back, I wouldn't dismiss them so easily.  They have had some very successful ventures in the past and have a great base, although small, around them.   We'll see.  Its interesting times... and I think the whole crypto community should band together to promote this to the masses.  Our in fighting has collateral damage to those outside of our community.  Its hurting us by not painting a positive picture of the ecosystem.  It sucks because there are so many bad operators out there, that we all get jaded.  But folks...we need each other...we need to promote Crypto coin to the masses.  I'm not sure how we are going to bridge our in fighting.  no clue.
I don't think it's gotten cloudier. It simply arrived at it's destination and has nowhere else to go since it refuses to innovate further. Speaking of BTC.

Most people can still barely send an email. Over half the population doesn't even own a computer. Of those who do, how many maintain them in a manner that putting money on it would be safe?

We are less than 0.01% of the population, and that's just how it is. The idea of "mass adoption" is and always has been a pipe dream. BTC only got as expensive as it did due to speculative investments, not mass adoption.

Most people would fill their winblows computer full of malware and lose their coins, just like they do with everything else they own and don't know anything about, then abuse until it fails. We are the people that, absent technology, would be self-sufficient farmer types. We learn. We improve. We take care of. We don't work 80 hours a week to blow money on dumb shit and then destroy it out of stupidity, whine to customer service, not get our way, buy another somewhere else only to repeat the cycle of failure hoping not to be told to grow up this time, or at least get our way an have the thing we destroyed replaced at the cost of someone else.

This is the kind of person you would need to reach if you wanted mass adoption, because they are the mass. The mass does not learn. The mass does not accept responsibility for anything, ever. This is why it is content to be a slave of the state; freedom from responsibility means giving up the rights and freedoms you would have to take responsibility for in the first place! They're all too happy to give it all up to be a slave and have it all taken care of for them. This kind of person is the opposite of what cryptocurrency can service. Crypto just can't reach these people, because they refuse to step up far enough to reach crypto.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:41:57 PM

So RC4 beta-testing now?
^^ This 100%.

The problem is that you can't keep moving the goal posts.  RC4 was supposed to be a big deal.
RC4 is a big deal. A huge deal. But if the shitcoiners aren't smart enough to understand it, and we know they're not... Well...

They're just looking for a wave to ride. They consider DRK a has-been because they already pumped and dumped it, and never paid one whit of attention to what the devs are doing, just like every other coin they pumped and dumped. That's the nature of the shitcoin community.

Even if DRK stands apart in very obvious ways, none of them are paying attention. And it's just as well, because they likely wouldn't understand it even if they did pay attention... They're some of the dumbest animals to ever live.

The goal posts are not moving. Shitcoiners are just too stupid, too short-sighted, to realize that passing each yard line is just step in the process to reaching the end zone. They freak out every time there is a plan to get a 1st down. Then complain that it wasn't a touchdown... Fucking stupid.

Since March, we've had Masternodes and pre-denomination mixing. DRK is a completely new coin than it was 4 days ago. It barely resembles how it started, and this was the plan from the beginning! My one and only concern, and you can see it expressed over 2000 pages ago, was that it would be so much innovation that even people in the crypto community wouldn't be able to grasp it. This is EXACTLY what is happening right now.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:42:05 PM

Yes. And, no.

We've had Beta.

Now we are RC, almost ready to rock and roll, just tweaking after seeing what happens in public distribution.

I always see it as ...if its not a RTM/GA release...especially General Availability to public its still in development stage.  So technically your right that I used the wrong terminology.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:45:56 PM

The problem is that you can't keep moving the goal posts.  RC4 was supposed to be a big deal.  It wasn't and now people are talking about v1.0 instead.

1. How do you judge that it wasn't a big deal? By market reaction? Market reaction, in this economic micro-climate says nothing. LTC went from 0.013 to 0.009 just because. What did the market react to during that fall? No RCsomething... no nothing... same with other coins that had no development.

2. There is no moving the goal posts. RC4 promised to

a) lift the 10 DRK limit
b) improve anonymity

...it did both. As a bonus we also got increased practicality due to coin premixing / coin denomination. This allows transactions to occur right away, instead of the way transactions occurred in RC3 and prior versions (waiting for DarkSend participants). Separating the two phases of anonymizing and transacting was brilliant.

Btw increased anonymity and IP obfuscation was on the cards for V2 of DarkSend, so DarkSend+ implemented in RC4 and IP obfuscation being considered for next RCs is actually ahead of schedule.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:49:58 PM

Adam Back (bought first Bitcoin for $100, Oct 2013)
Wei Dai
Hal Finney
Anon
Anon

Invite list, Sept 2009

http://youtu.be/k-BGhj8HGnY?t=12m10s

~12mins

+101

Worth remembering that in its 5 years since its release, plus 2-4 years of development work, Bitcoin was an overnight success.  

It was such an overnight success that even those who contributed to it, Adam Back's hash concept, didn't think it had any chance of taking off until several years after it launched.

Having purchased his first bitcoin for $100 in 2013, Adam Back was one of the few invited to mine Bitcoin by Satoshi when difficulty was 1.

I think Satoshi has remained anonymous (how about that for irony) because he instamined Bitcoin, he also only had a bloody windows client at launch. Cheeky bastard.

Still one of my fav pieces of Bitcoin history, the guy whose hash is central to Bitcoin, and all alt-coins, didn't think it was worth mining at difficulty 1.

Sellers - come back to DRK when the price is a lot higher, lol.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:52:29 PM

I think Satoshi has remained anonymous (how about that for irony) because he instamined Bitcoin, he also only had a bloody windows client at launch. Cheeky bastard.
He knows how to leverage the stupid...

He stays anonymous, but doesn't have the decency to extend the same to the users of his creation.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
salmion

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:53:09 PM

I think current price is part of the less dramatic and safer spork. You get to release and fix. Which is great. But there isn't the build up followed by the finality of it works! Or fork argh! The drama. Which plays to the crazy psyche of the crypto markets. Instead this is going to take a few more updates to kill all niggles. And then RC4 is properly launched. Right now I think the market is looking at this and going does it work? Doesn't it?
Essentially looking for the finality.

Which will take a few days to get it purring but we aren't far off.

.29 so far is working a lot better for me at least. And the more happy customers and positive feedback the closer we'll get to that big tick of it's a go!

I think Kristov's review will be key. That provides the rubber stamp.

I think the market needs a proper success story at the moment . And if niggles can be removed quickly and we can get the word out DRK will be that success story.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:54:08 PM

Still one of my fav pieces of Bitcoin history, the guy whose hash is central to Bitcoin, and all alt-coins, didn't think it was worth mining at difficulty 1.
It says something about trolls when even the creator shows less faith than the trolls do... And it still wins.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 11:56:36 PM

Right now I think the market is looking at this and going does it work? Doesn't it?
That's exactly my point. Even when it hits them square in the face, they still don't know what they're looking at... They're too stupid to even realize what it is, much less make a call on what to do about it...

This has been my only long-standing concern for DRK; are even the crypto-people too stupid to see what it can do?

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:56:54 PM

It will be only when big sell and buy walls support that price range...

A 200 BTC buy only takes it to 0.0011. Not much of a movement. That's enough market depth for it to be stable for a while.

On the other hand I'm just reading drkwarrior's post which I find quite fascinating. Don't know what to make of it other than - it could be true. Time will tell.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:59:39 PM

Anyone selling something interesting?  Wink

Got some eCash burning a hole in my wallet.
Pages: « 1 ... 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 2597 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 [2609] 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 2648 2649 2650 2651 2652 2653 2654 2655 2656 2657 2658 2659 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: