Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:28:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 [2597] 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722499 times)
Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:28:04 PM
Last edit: August 14, 2014, 01:49:25 PM by Equate

To be honest, privacy aside, I'm just glad to have options to avoid having to use that piece of shit tax exile company called Paypal.

Paypal is just shit with their higher fees .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:48:52 PM

OMG toknormal spreads FUD. Dump for him guys. LOL. This guy's desperate.

I am indeed.

Only had about 3.7 BTC left on the exchange so had to spread some temporary FUD to make sure I got enough DRK dumped on me for No2 masternode.

That last post seemed to do the trick so thanks to all who obliged  Wink

EDIT: I'm still about 100 short. More DRK please. PI order in place.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:57:21 PM

To be honest, privacy aside, I'm just glad to have options to avoid having to use that piece of shit tax exile company called Paypal.

I hate Paypal with a passion. Ebay as well. Can't wait until cryptocurrencies and decentralized markets make those fuckers bleed.
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:11:00 PM

Guys, while you watch your wallets denominating, could you vote for DRK here: https://www.coingateway.net/
+1
How does Reddcoin have more votes?
Probably used a lot of proxies.

Only 40 votes missing. Com'on guys Smiley
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:12:39 PM

I hate Paypal with a passion. Ebay as well. Can't wait until cryptocurrencies and decentralized markets make those fuckers bleed.

its never going to happen dude.  welcome to the world of capitalism and power.  cryptocoins are NOTHING in this scheme of things.  a little measly drop in a grand ocean.

~CfA~

Crypt0Arb

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:15:32 PM

Guys, while you watch your wallets denominating, could you vote for DRK here: https://www.coingateway.net/
+1 http://i46.tinypic.com/okqyc1.jpg
How does Reddcoin have more votes?
Probably used a lot of proxies.
We should see +100 in no time. DRK community is impressive!
Brilliantrocket

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:17:57 PM

its never going to happen dude.  welcome to the world of capitalism and power.  cryptocoins are NOTHING in this scheme of things.  a little measly drop in a grand ocean.

~CfA~
What kind of moron is going to continue dealing with the world's worst customer service as well as 10% fees when a free alternative is available? There have been times where they placed holds on my money for 2 months at a time. You call them and they bullshit you, nothing gets done. I listed an expensive item once, and they wanted proof of where I got it. I told them to go fuck themselves (literally) and sold it on Craigslist for free. Took longer, but I saved nearly 10%.
From Above

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:22:28 PM

its never going to happen dude.  welcome to the world of capitalism and power.  cryptocoins are NOTHING in this scheme of things.  a little measly drop in a grand ocean.

~CfA~
What kind of moron is going to continue dealing with the world's worst customer service as well as 10% fees when a free alternative is available? There have been times where they placed holds on my money for 2 months at a time. You call them and they bullshit you, nothing gets done. I listed an expensive item once, and they wanted proof of where I got it. I told them to go fuck themselves (literally) and sold it on Craigslist for free. Took longer, but I saved nearly 10%.

yes i hate paypal too its pure crap.  BUT cryptocoins cant compete with it and they never will even slightly.  its a nobrainer.

mainstream gives a shit for bitcoin and cryptocoins.  this will not change believe me and see paypal keep on thriving even in 5 years.

~CfA~

Brilliantrocket

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:24:56 PM

yes i hate paypal too its pure crap.  BUT cryptocoins cant compete with it and they never will even slightly.  its a nobrainer.

~CfA~

They're already competing. I've already denied Paypal thousands of dollars in money transfers thanks to crypto. Fuck Peter Thiel with a rusty knife.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:26:14 PM

~CfA~

yes i hate paypal too its pure crap.  BUT cryptocoins cant compete with it and they never will even slightly.  its a nobrainer.

mainstream gives a shit for bitcoin and cryptocoins.  this will not change believe me and see paypal keep on thriving even in 5 years.

~CfA~

Remember myspace? Altavista? Vinyl? VHS? ...

Things move on mate. Have fun in your cave!  Wink
From Above

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:28:08 PM

~CfA~

mainstream gives a shit for bitcoin and cryptocoins.  this will not change believe me and see paypal keep on thriving even in 5 years.

~CfA~

wrong comparison buddy.  u have no idea how much slow blockchain technology lags behind modern virtual payment technologies used by credit card companies. bitcoin is 5 year old technology, it's not really going anywhere. mainstream couldn't care less!  keep your eyes opened Wink

'things move on' indeed - mostly in the non-crypto world where all the power, money and skilled developers are residing.

~CfA~

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:35:20 PM

~CfA~

mainstream gives a shit for bitcoin and cryptocoins.  this will not change believe me and see paypal keep on thriving even in 5 years.

~CfA~

wrong comparison buddy.  u have no idea how much slow blockchain technology lags behind modern virtual payment technologies used by credit card companies. bitcoin is 5 year old technology, it's not really going anywhere. mainstream couldn't care less!  keep your eyes opened Wink

'things move on' indeed - mostly in the non-crypto world where all the power, money and skilled developers are residing.

~CfA~

These payment processing companies you seem to worship all charge a fortune, and just because it takes 5 seconds at the till doesn't mean the whole process is that quick - it isn't by a long shot.

Claiming that 5 year old technolgy can't compete with 20+ year old technology despite being faster, much cheaper, and more secure seems a bit daft.
From Above

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:37:26 PM

~CfA~

~CfA~

~CfA~

These payment processing companies you seem to worship all charge a fortune, and just because it takes 5 seconds at the till doesn't mean the whole process is that quick - it isn't by a long shot.

Claiming that 5 year old technolgy can't compete with 20+ year old technology despite being faster, much cheaper, and more secure seems a bit daft.

plz dont forget that PoW technology uses utter energy and is not sustainable by any means; therefore completely useless for modern world transactions on a large global scale.  

there are fast and sustainable models used today and in the future and i know you know it cuz u are smart Wink

~CfA~

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:42:03 PM

plz dont forget that PoW technology uses utter energy and is not sustainable by any means; therefore completely useless for modern world transactions on a large global scale.  

there are fast and sustainable models used today and in the future and i know you know it cuz u are smart Wink

~CfA~

National banks printing increasingly worthless paper money at top speed isn't exactly sustainable or eco-friendly either...  Grin

If you're talking about proof of stake coins I don't know where to begin with how technically and economically broken that whole model is, at least in any current implementation.

Remember that PoW relies on distribution, not total hashpower. The first is critical, the second irrelevant. More thought needs to go into mechanisms to keep that hash evenly and cheaply distributed I'll admit,
From Above

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:44:17 PM

~CfA~

National banks printing increasingly worthless paper money at top speed isn't exactly sustainable or eco-friendly either...  Grin

If you're talking about proof of stake coins I don't know where to begin with how technically and economically broken that whole model is, at least in any current implementation.

pow/pos whatever- it's all utterly worthless for this global economy of today.  decentralized attempts will not work in this capitalistic world.  u will see.  it will never happen.

~CfA~

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:47:14 PM

~CfA~

pow/pos whatever- it's all utterly worthless for this global economy of today.  decentralized attempts will not work in this capitalistic world.  u will see.  it will never happen.  bitcoin will never be used on a global scale.

~CfA~

So why exactly do you think businesses will scorn a technology that is faster, much cheaper, and more secure than the current centralised system? Most CFO's would sell their firstborn to shave a few percent off company overheads.
From Above

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:48:48 PM

~CfA~

pow/pos whatever- it's all utterly worthless for this global economy of today.  decentralized attempts will not work in this capitalistic world.  u will see.  it will never happen.  bitcoin will never be used on a global scale.

~CfA~

So why exactly do you think businesses will scorn a technology that is faster, much cheaper, and more secure than the current centralised system? Most CFO's would sell their firstborn to shave a few percent off company overheads.

the technology is there.  its not bitcoin/cryptocoins.

~CfA~

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:49:08 PM

~CfA~

I think your just tossing out random challenges as they come into your head without thinking much about them.

Blockchain technology adoption is growing at about as fast a rate as could be reasonably imagined. Just because it hasn't turned up in your local supermarket yet doesn't mean that that isn't the case.

Secondly, in terms of potential social impact, Bitcoin is probably the biggest single invention since penicillin. That may sound over the top - I don't think it is. Over the last 30 years, a revolution has taken place in terms of migrating the world's trade from paper to electronic networks. Every single one of the millions of trades that occur each day has to be managed by a counterparty, thus incurring associated fees, transaction delay and counterparty risk.

The fact that a technology now exists to eliminate all counter parties from the equation is bound to have a huge impact. CLearly, adoption has to reach a critical mass before that impact is substantially felt, but that it will do so is beyond doubt even amongst the most conservative of commentators.
From Above

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:50:25 PM

Secondly, in terms of potential social impact, Bitcoin is probably the biggest single invention since penicillin.

LOL let me quote that.  This made my day! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Blockchain technology adoption is growing at about as fast a rate as could be reasonably imagined. Just because it hasn't turned up in your local supermarket yet doesn't mean that that isn't the case.

Analysis of Bitcoin blockchain reveals that it has about 500k users in total.  That, seen globally, is absolutely nothing at all.  it's totally irrelevant.  the technology is interesting no doubt- it will not revolutionize the world's economy though as one can see clearly.

~CfA~

Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 02:51:56 PM

Secondly, in terms of potential social impact, Bitcoin is probably the biggest single invention since penicillin.

LOL let me quote that.  This made my day! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Analysis of Bitcoin blockchain reveals that it has about 500k users in total.  That, seen globally, is absolutely nothing at all.  it's totally irrelevant.

~CfA~

CfA - do you have a source for this claim?
Pages: « 1 ... 2547 2548 2549 2550 2551 2552 2553 2554 2555 2556 2557 2558 2559 2560 2561 2562 2563 2564 2565 2566 2567 2568 2569 2570 2571 2572 2573 2574 2575 2576 2577 2578 2579 2580 2581 2582 2583 2584 2585 2586 2587 2588 2589 2590 2591 2592 2593 2594 2595 2596 [2597] 2598 2599 2600 2601 2602 2603 2604 2605 2606 2607 2608 2609 2610 2611 2612 2613 2614 2615 2616 2617 2618 2619 2620 2621 2622 2623 2624 2625 2626 2627 2628 2629 2630 2631 2632 2633 2634 2635 2636 2637 2638 2639 2640 2641 2642 2643 2644 2645 2646 2647 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: