Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 [3905] 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722505 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:07:03 AM

Being a Greek I always found Varoufakis to be full of shit (even a puppet of the Elite that plays controlled opposition role) - and I'm from the "anti-memorandum / anti-troika" group so to speak.

The reason is that his agenda is more pro-european than pro-greek. He is pro-euro (the currency) in a degree that is disgusting. Greece needs to have a sovereign currency. The euro and the euro-policies have buried us alive. His "no" to the troika this afternoon is actually a no to the low-level employees and beaurocrats that were checking in on the government progress. He said he is committed to the ecb, imf and eu and keeping government surpluses running though.

By the way he dislikes bitcoin, its apolitical nature and he has drawn parallels to tulip mania. That's another reason why he is full of shit.

Funny how to everyone outside of a particular country, their politicians look like saviours whereas to their own country people they are hated.

I actually thought this was a genuine piece of progress. So you're saying it's all just posturing ? They're really full of B.S. and the rejection of the bailout isn't genuine ?

If so, that is depressing as f*ck.

B.T.W. I completely agree with you on Greece just launching its own currency. That's what I was hoping they would end up doing.

...and who the hell would accept it outside of Greece?

Uh, try spending US dollars outside the US, or £'s outside of the UK...

Seriously? When I traveled through Latin and South america, I had no problem spending USD freely. I'm just questioning the "value" Greece's currency would hold outside of its own country should they opt to Grexit--most likely, little if any for those counter parties willing to accept it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 02:12:56 AM

...and who the hell would accept it outside of Greece?

oblox - I realise you're trying to make a practical point which is undeniable.

However, before you can spend "any" money at all, it has to have some value. Worst case - you just change it for another currency and pay a couple of points for the exchange (if you happen to be rich enough to feel like venturing outside of your borders).

The fact is, as AlexGR correctly points out, the Euro has bulldozed an entire generation of european youth and sacrificed them at the 'altar' of common currency. That is not a price worth paying.

Greece is a low latitude Mediterranean country with a coastline. What that means is that they would normally have no problem in feeding and housing themselves. The fact that they can't even do that more than 2000 years on from the time of the Greek and Roman empires is testament to the scam that is known as the "European Union".

That scam is no more than a scaled up market for highly leveraged debt into which the Mediterranean countries - otherwise abundantly self sufficient - have been trapped. Characterising it as "a handy way to avoid currency exchange" in no way does justice to it.

The only way these countries will be able to prize themselves free from the trap is by ordinary people changing their patterns of behaviour to the extent that it becomes impossible to centralise power into a minority executive. I have always seen crypto as a huge tool in that process because it is a "creeping" growth, just as the world wide web was. It won't be a big sledgehammer event - people will just wake up one day to find themselves using crypto "quite alot" and won't even remember how they got there.

Put it this way, can you remember when you made your first airline booking on the world wide web ? I cant. But I can sure remember a time when the world wide web didn't exist.

Sure, a new currency could function it its own country and establish value for day-to-day transactions but at the same time, have such a risk premium built in to the exchange to traditional fiat currencies outside of one's own country. It's still very, very early to even be having these discussions.
weequ

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:08:33 AM

Finally fixed my masternode issues with -reindex after receiving no payments for more than a week.
drk.mn says there is 1711 unique IPs out of 1900+. Is it possible to run multiple masternodes on the same ip?
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:15:36 AM

From http://www.deepdotweb.com/2015/01/28/shadowcash-zero-knowledge-anonymity/

Despite not being widely publicized, the creator of Darkcoin, Evan Duffield, one the leading altcoin projects and marketcap leader for privacy coins, attempted to acquire Shadow, which speaks volumes for the project’s future.

This guy needs to get his facts straight.   Someone needs to get an article about DRK with fancy graphics in front of that audience.  Many will hate me saying it but this is our market, at least initially.

If I wasn't scared of prison, I would open up a drk only market.   Roll Eyes

*Edit*  They accept articles but I'm no writer:  http://www.deepdotweb.com/write-for-us/

triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:28:17 AM

anyone copying evan's work will rot and get chicken gox

i have put a curse on alt's that copy evan, they will all fall into the satochi 1 digit by april

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 03:59:52 AM

Being a Greek I always found Varoufakis to be full of shit (even a puppet of the Elite that plays controlled opposition role) - and I'm from the "anti-memorandum / anti-troika" group so to speak.

The reason is that his agenda is more pro-european than pro-greek. He is pro-euro (the currency) in a degree that is disgusting. Greece needs to have a sovereign currency. The euro and the euro-policies have buried us alive. His "no" to the troika this afternoon is actually a no to the low-level employees and beaurocrats that were checking in on the government progress. He said he is committed to the ecb, imf and eu and keeping government surpluses running though.

By the way he dislikes bitcoin, its apolitical nature and he has drawn parallels to tulip mania. That's another reason why he is full of shit.

Funny how to everyone outside of a particular country, their politicians look like saviours whereas to their own country people they are hated.

I actually thought this was a genuine piece of progress. So you're saying it's all just posturing ? They're really full of B.S. and the rejection of the bailout isn't genuine ?

If so, that is depressing as f*ck.

B.T.W. I completely agree with you on Greece just launching its own currency. That's what I was hoping they would end up doing.

This is probably posturing. SYRIZA (Tsipras, Varoufakis etc) as a party is committed to the eurozone / euro etc. Varoufakis' theories in particular were shot down in 2013 when Cyprus was facing a liquidity crisis. Varoufakis always maintained (prior to that) that the ECB will never resort to that - yet it did. And people were crowding his blog and telling him "Yannis, what do you have to say now?"... and he said "Aaaahhh Greece might be different because it's bigger than Cyprus", LOL.

Costas Lapavitas, another economist that has been elected with SYRIZA, is a straight shooter in relation to the euro and the national currency. He said that it is in Greece's best interest to erase debt and leave the euro. Dimitris Kazakis, another economist (not of SYRIZA) also maintains the same position. Lafazanis of SYRIZA is also in the same wavelength.

The whole political spectrum in Greece is sold-out. To give you an idea, in the question of whether Greeks prefer

-memorandums and the euro
or
-no memorandums and the drachma

...the majority says the later. Yet the parliamentary representation of a ~52-60% wave in society is just ...5% in terms of parliament seats. Why? Because unlike Italy, where ITexit is the political position of most opposition parties and leaders, in Greece most parties are aligned to the euro which has destroyed us.

The treaty of Maastricht predicted sovereign debt level at <60% as a barrier of entry to the euro. Greece signed up for the euro at 100% debt which was 70% over the target. At that point (2001), a mountain of drachma-denominated debt was converted to euros that could never be repaid - only rolled over to the next bond buyer. It was the scam of the century. 8-9 years later it all collapsed as bond buyers didn't want to take the risk.

SYRIZA and Varoufakis maintain that if we erase half the debt we can actually have a viable debt. This is bullshit. With 90% (instead of 180% now) debt-to-gdp ratio we are going nowhere. Even if the entire debt was erased, Greece would still have to go out and get brand new debt. Why? Because of its banking system that is not supported by ECB directly. The ECB requires the country to guarantee the loans, creating new government debt.

Cyprus didn't have an issue of debt, yet due to a few billions of liquidity missing from the Cyprus banking system, they now have a debt issue for this very reason.

With the national currency you can automatically guarantee your banks (in the new currency, say the Drachma) and then proceed with your economic planning to restore development. You might face a -20 / -30% one-off drop in GDP but then you climb back up in a very rapid manner. As it happened here, we have the -30% in GDP since 2009 but no recovery in sight. Debt went from 120% to 180% and unemployment from 7-8% to 30%.

Everything that we were told that would happen if we left the euro, actually happened while in it: Unemployment, problem in acquiring fuel, food, medicine (not because they were not available on the market, but because people's purchasing power dropped dramatically), drop in purchasing power, people losing their houses etc. The whole situation would have been resolved and Greece would be ok if in 2010 we erased the debt and got on to the national currency.

As for Oblox's question about the national currency and trade, well, international trade is always conducted through the "buffer" of foreign reserves that a country has. All the european countries outside the euro do that, as did the eurozone countries prior to entering the euro, as do all other countries globally. It's not an issue as long as your trade of goods and services is balanced. In other words if you import 50bn euro stuff and export 40bn euro stuff, you need 10bn euro in loans - or you'll have to prioritize imports. Greek imports are larger than the exports but in the services sector (primarily ships and tourism) we have a huge surplus which balances both out. So goods+services together are balanced in terms of in/outflows.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:17:45 AM

As for Oblox's question about the national currency and trade, well, international trade is always conducted through the "buffer" of foreign reserves that a country has. All the european countries outside the euro do that, as did the eurozone countries prior to entering the euro, as do all other countries globally. It's not an issue as long as your trade of goods and services is balanced. In other words if you import 50bn euro stuff and export 40bn euro stuff, you need 10bn euro in loans - or you'll have to prioritize imports. Greek imports are larger than the exports but in the services sector (primarily ships and tourism) we have a huge surplus which balances both out. So goods+services together are balanced in terms of in/outflows.

True, but who would want to loan to Greece if they cannot repay their existing debts. Where do you draw the line?
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:32:45 AM

True, but who would want to loan to Greece if they cannot repay their existing debts. Where do you draw the line?

well not really ... USA owes trillions to china and .ea and they still buy debt. china is keeping theyr currency deflated by buying american debt, once they auto sufficient, they will let the baloon pop and yuan will move from 1 CNY = 0.159973 USD to 1 CNY = 159.973 USD making them the richest of the planet.. they tend to see long term (3-4 generations if not more) than usa wich see 3-4 years ( elections )

anyhow everyone still lend to USA even if they print funny money to inflate liquidities....

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:21:34 AM

That's why you go the balanced trade route after a national currency, because you can't go the "new loan" way. You import less or equal compared to what you export. All the other things are serviceable in the new national currency (bank accounts, government employees, pensions etc).

New loans can be taken but they'll require strong collateral (like a country's gold, land etc). The issue here is to avoid it altogether.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:10:34 AM

well not really ... USA owes trillions to china and .ea and they still buy debt. china is keeping theyr currency deflated by buying american debt, once they auto sufficient, they will let the baloon pop and yuan will move from 1 CNY = 0.159973 USD to 1 CNY = 159.973 USD making them the richest of the planet.. they tend to see long term (3-4 generations if not more) than usa wich see 3-4 years ( elections )

anyhow everyone still lend to USA even if they print funny money to inflate liquidities....

You're missing the point. The US hasn't defaulted on its debt, no matter how large it is. The scenario we are talking about is if Greece decides to completely walk away from their obligations in Euros.
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:41:06 AM

Every time I check this topic, I get good news about Darkcoin.

I believe that Darkcoin is the most promising coin.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:29:47 AM

We had a BTC veteran in here not long ago saying the Darkcoin Project is what Bitcoin should have been, I couldn't agree more  Wink

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:36:53 AM

We had a BTC veteran in here not long ago saying the Darkcoin Project is what Bitcoin should have been, I couldn't agree more  Wink

Every altcoin compared to Bitcoin is promising in it's own way and the way it aims to be used but Darkcoin seems to be up there in how Bitcoin "should" adapt to but that's never going to happen so DRK is one of the coins everyone should keep their eye on, especially if it get's listed and used widely on the new i2p based SilkRoad Reloaded.

Darkcoin even has it's own Dedicated Developer Evan Duffield that constantly pushes updates when needed & is working with everyone else on next generation stuff for cryptocoins that he will implement into DRK.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 08:47:52 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 09:27:55 AM by toknormal

This is probably posturing. SYRIZA (Tsipras, Varoufakis etc) as a party is committed to the eurozone / euro etc. Varoufakis' theories in particular were shot down in 2013...........As for Oblox's question about the national currency and trade, well, international trade is always conducted through the "buffer" of foreign reserves that a country has. All the european countries outside the euro do that, as did the eurozone countries prior to entering the euro, as do all other countries globally. It's not an issue as long as your trade of goods and services is balanced. In other words if you import 50bn euro stuff and export 40bn euro stuff, you need 10bn euro in loans - or you'll have to prioritize imports. Greek imports are larger than the exports but in the services sector (primarily ships and tourism) we have a huge surplus which balances both out. So goods+services together are balanced in terms of in/outflows.

Thanks - very interesting post.

in the question of whether Greeks prefer

-memorandums and the euro
or
-no memorandums and the drachma

.the majority says the latter.

With good basis...$8000 on ebay right now  Wink

If I sold all my Bitcoin and Darkcoin I might be able to afford one of those. Not a bad store of value over 2000 years !

gustopaz

Activity: 417

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 09:21:48 AM

Hello,what is last working wallet? im not sync. ver. 11.0.14 win7 ,pls help!
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:41:23 AM

Yes, 0.11.0.14 is the latest one
Try one by one:
- remove peers.dat
- remove peers.dat and run with -reindex
- use bootstrap https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
fuzzyduck

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:46:48 AM

Bump, we need reviewers for Dutch (100%), German (100%) and Russian (100%).
Translations almost finished, go, go, go: Italian (96%), Protuguese (76%), Vietnamese (68%) and French (58%).
I wonder why there are no translators for Polish (0%), Czech (0%), Chinese (0%), Arabic (0%) or Turkish (0%) yet?
Reviewing Dutch, what if I find mistakes for Dutch and I edit them? Do I have to edit them for Dutch, Dutch (NL), and Dutch (BE)?

Where can I report grammar/spelling mistakes for English strings?

For example:

Shouldn't that be &Close and &Sluit?

That's what I proposed a few pages back. Ditch Dutch Belgian and Dutch Netherlands. Just keep Dutch. It all the same!

Run a masternode on a raspberry pi 2 @home! Follow my noobfriendly tutorial @ https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083
gustopaz

Activity: 417

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:57:59 AM

Yes, 0.11.0.14 is the latest one
Try one by one:
- remove peers.dat
- remove peers.dat and run with -reindex
- use bootstrap https://github.com/UdjinM6/darkcoin-bootstrap

Done,thanks!
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:02:22 AM

Darkcoin Core translation is very quick.
LucD88

Activity: 525
Merit: 510

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:58:32 AM

Darkcoin Core translation is very quick.
Yeah, with such amazing contributions by the community it's a piece of cake! Smiley

Dutch is now 100% translated but I'm still busy reviewing, reviewed 25% so far.

EDIT:
Anyone that feels like contributing to Darkcoin by translating to his/her native language(s), contact Vertoe for more information!
Pages: « 1 ... 3855 3856 3857 3858 3859 3860 3861 3862 3863 3864 3865 3866 3867 3868 3869 3870 3871 3872 3873 3874 3875 3876 3877 3878 3879 3880 3881 3882 3883 3884 3885 3886 3887 3888 3889 3890 3891 3892 3893 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 [3905] 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 3944 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: