Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 [3944] 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:41:24 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 10:22:35 PM by BrainShutdown

I finally managed to get my hands on one Raspberry Pi 2 and the first thing I did was:

to put a testnet masternode up & running  Wink

This hardware is clearly enough for now  Cool

Be aware that this is just a PoC type of project, I don't have any knowledge about stability long term yet.

Quick reference:

Download Raspbian from the official site
http://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/

Follow the instructions to get it running on your Rpi 2.

Update the system
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Install the necessary libraries
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential
(this should be already present and updated)

sudo apt-get install libtool autotools-dev autoconf
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev

sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev

sudo apt-get install libdb-dev

sudo apt-get install libdb++-dev

sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev

This will install libdb5.1. The version used in darcoind is 4.8 so the databases created with this binary will not be compatible with the official binaries but it works just fine.

Then get the source and build

Code:
git clone https://github.com/darkcoin/darkcoin.git -b v0.11.1.x

cd darkcoin

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-incompatible-bdb
make

After starting the build, go get some coffee outside, spend time with your family or go and do some other thing you like because it's going to take a while to finish...

Once the binaries are ready follow the instructions to get the masternode running.

Enjoy  Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 08:55:09 PM

-snip-
I finally managed to get my hands on one Raspberry Pi 2 and the first thing I did was:

Cool.

Will be buying a couple.

Cheers
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:13:31 PM

Enjoy  Cool

That's so epic!
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:21:06 PM

Hey guys, I finally finished the guide on how to use the Darkcoin wallet on Windows. Please leave me some feedback to improve it even further!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/guide-for-darkcoin-wallet-windows-rev1-1-updated-06-february-2015.3881/

Now.. back to translating the wallet! Grin

That looks amazing!

Good Guide...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:32:13 PM

After some deep, deep analysis, I'm seeing a 1 week Troll candle go green.

Given InstantX release testing is looking like it's nearing completion, we may just see a rise in posts from the usual suspects:

shills
the insane
Xbox vs Ps3 type fanboys
Purist zealots from the order of Bitcoin - "You shall not pass!'

to name a few......

Do not fear as I firmly believe that this insta mined and X11 copy of a coin is robust enough to carry on through to the other side of the Instant X release.  Now I'm off to InstaIsland to party like it's err, well, insta mined.

Haha Brilliant analysis and extremely true...  Expect it to reach fever pitch before InstantX goes live...

I still have one question... Where in the world is Shojayxt Sandiego???

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 09:48:54 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 09:59:55 PM by Jestah

2. Victims of prohibition comprise a huge market – one that should be served. The state “prosecutor” Timothy Howard and FBI employee Ilhwan Yum claimed that blockchain evidence linked supposed drug payments to Ulbricht personally.

That's the thing about open ledgers – they're available for review by the ill-intentioned, as well.

In response to this very conundrum, cryptocurrencies like Darkcoin and BitcoinDark have cropped up, promising to make the oppressed lives of those who buy and sell drugs just a little easier.

And “Bitcoin maximalists” scoff at these coins, decrying that they detract from Bitcoin's “market cap.” That so-called altcoins hurt cryptocurrency's potential by diluting the “network effect” of Satoshi's coin.

These maximalists are in effect shunning a gargantuan (and growing) market for cryptocurrency.

Those seeking anonymous payments should instead be catered to, marketed to, and courted as customers, not swept under the rug as a kind of reputation stain.

You want mass adoption? Then look to drugs. It doesn't get more mass adopted than that.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113447/4-lessons-to-learn-from-ross-ulbrichts-trial

This. ^^ Period.  It's why btc grew and it'll be why the next well marketed anon altcoin will grow.

I worry about DRK missing the boat in this area.

*edit: Perfect application for DRK as I doubt Coinbase would even entertain the thought of you using their BTC for your legal weed.  http://cointelegraph.com/news/113437/bitcoin-friendly-cannabis-vending-machines-makes-historic-debut-in-seattle
HashEngineering

Activity: 350

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 10:11:29 PM

Follow this link if you are interested in trying the newest beta program of the Android Wallet.  It has been updated to include the newest features from the Bitcoin Wallet for Android.  It does not yet have InstantX or DarkSend.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/android-wallet-v4.3899/

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
MisfiringNeuron

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:48:41 PM

Does anyone have a list of VPS providers out there that accept Darkcoin?  I want to setup a couple more masternodes but want to use a different provider from my current one.

Thanks.
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 10:50:06 PM

Does anyone have a list of VPS providers out there that accept Darkcoin?  I want to setup a couple more masternodes but want to use a different provider from my current one.

Thanks.

Here's one:
http://www.qhoster.com/linux-vps.html

edit

Two more:
https://www.flokinet.is/servers
http://libertyvps.net/offshore-vps/
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:04:22 PM

Does anyone have a list of VPS providers out there that accept Darkcoin?  I want to setup a couple more masternodes but want to use a different provider from my current one.

Thanks.

Here's one:
http://www.qhoster.com/linux-vps.html

edit

Two more:
https://www.flokinet.is/servers
http://libertyvps.net/offshore-vps/

Actually I took the last two from https://darkcointalk.org/threads/merchant-directory-listing-updated-3rd-feb-2015.3445/. I can't see anywhere on the LibertyVPS site where it says that Darkcoin is accepted though. Maybe it's staring right at me. Does anyone know if DRK is actually accepted?
strix

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:12:41 PM

Hey guys, I finally finished the guide on how to use the Darkcoin wallet on Windows. Please leave me some feedback to improve it even further!

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/guide-for-darkcoin-wallet-windows-rev1-1-updated-06-february-2015.3881/

Now.. back to translating the wallet! Grin

That looks amazing!

Good Guide...
Thank you! This opens a world of possibilities. Grin Grin Grin

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
strix

Activity: 231

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:17:33 PM

I still have one question... Where in the world is Shojayxt Sandiego???
I suspect in either Carmen Idaho or Carmen Oklahoma.  Roll Eyes

Je le hibou, suis ↄash; because while the days are evil good must hurry, lest evil parading as an agent of light restrict its activity.
XnUjqiYV5mvXAWrWUbGFmitPvmWSthxhBi
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 11:23:38 PM

Sent 25MH into xpool.ca Let the dark roll in...

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
droptable

Activity: 363

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 12:09:37 AM

Enjoy  Cool

That's so epic!

nice!

makes the masternode-network even more hard to take down...

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
HashEngineering

Activity: 350

Independent Cryptoveloper

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 12:31:30 AM

Thanks for clearing up the premined issue for me, so many coins out there i must be getting mixed up.
I will look into this offical wallet tomorrow.

Its not safe to keep all your coins on that android wallet. There were some issues not long time ago, where the wallet could not connect to the network... Plus theres is no darksend and probably never will be...

The Android Wallet is being upgraded with PIN support, which will make it safer.  As far as DarkSend, I am just one programmer and could use a lot of help adding in the Darkcoin Specific features to the wallet app. (https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoinj)

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/android-wallet-v4.3899 - beta program for upgraded android wallet.

GRS:  FrFpTbfEAni5Ruf8mNdwVQazJVJaQyEM2Y
BTC:  128Ptecsv4j6NoxdBxdvGzBtipfaAarZMJ
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336215 - Android Wallet Creation Service
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 03:18:51 AM

2. Victims of prohibition comprise a huge market – one that should be served. The state “prosecutor” Timothy Howard and FBI employee Ilhwan Yum claimed that blockchain evidence linked supposed drug payments to Ulbricht personally.

That's the thing about open ledgers – they're available for review by the ill-intentioned, as well.

In response to this very conundrum, cryptocurrencies like Darkcoin and BitcoinDark have cropped up, promising to make the oppressed lives of those who buy and sell drugs just a little easier.

And “Bitcoin maximalists” scoff at these coins, decrying that they detract from Bitcoin's “market cap.” That so-called altcoins hurt cryptocurrency's potential by diluting the “network effect” of Satoshi's coin.

These maximalists are in effect shunning a gargantuan (and growing) market for cryptocurrency.

Those seeking anonymous payments should instead be catered to, marketed to, and courted as customers, not swept under the rug as a kind of reputation stain.

You want mass adoption? Then look to drugs. It doesn't get more mass adopted than that.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113447/4-lessons-to-learn-from-ross-ulbrichts-trial

This. ^^ Period.  It's why btc grew and it'll be why the next well marketed anon altcoin will grow.

I worry about DRK missing the boat in this area.

*edit: Perfect application for DRK as I doubt Coinbase would even entertain the thought of you using their BTC for your legal weed.  http://cointelegraph.com/news/113437/bitcoin-friendly-cannabis-vending-machines-makes-historic-debut-in-seattle

I read postings like these with comments like this:

and

Perfect application for DRK

and I just cringe and cringe and cringe.

In fact more than cringe, I start thinking "forget it, if that's the main driver of Darkcoin, count me out".

I know all the arguments and have heard all the "we can't control what people use it for" reasoning but honestly guys, if you're excited that the black market for illicit drugs will grab hold of Darkcoin and adopt it as the mainstay crypto because of all the great anon features in Darkcoin and Darkcoin will rally and this drug-based adoption will push it to new highs (and you're believing this is a great thing for Darkcoin) I think you're a bunch of fuckwits with even less intelligence than your obvious naivety suggests.

If Darkcoin becomes THE main drug currency and replaces BTC mostly on the back of the drug trade I think it will be a travesty as we will have completely lost control of what it is and it will be impossible for it to be seen as anything other than a totally nefarious and criminal enterprise. Many many good people will probably walk away at that point as they don't want to be involved in something that's just so on-the-nose and destructive.

I just don't think people are "thinking" clearly about this. It could turn into an unrecoverable disaster for Darkcoin.

(standing by to be hit with a barrage of "You're not understanding what an anon crypto really achieves"...blah blah over-the-top-libertarian-rhetoric-blah. Bottom line is that if DRK is primarily a drug currency, I'm out as I just cannot and don't want to support it).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 03:32:30 AM

Sent 25MH into xpool.ca Let the dark roll in...

Thnx!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 03:52:26 AM

The latest shift for the Darkcoin multipool paid out over 15 DRK.

We have the new multipool now running full steam so now all my pool's hash rates are combined and already showing great results and payments are flowing. This should increase and stabilize the profitability  

Miners that use X11, get paid DRK above and beyond what I mention here. This is because when we find a DRK block, you instantly get allocated your DRK share and it gets paid within a few hours of a block maturing. You don't need to wait for any exchanging so you'll get more frequent DRK payments as more DRK blocks are found.

Any problems, please PM as I may miss your post.

Cheers!

www.xpool.ca

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
Bridgewater

Activity: 133

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 05:32:29 AM

In fact more than cringe, I start thinking "forget it, if that's the main driver of Darkcoin, count me out".

Hi RenegadeMan,

You have made your position about the negativity aspect of drugs very clear. I can truly appreciate that and am in no way condoning that behavior.  I completely understand your concern about widespread adoption, however I feel that this particular issue is one of the freedom-oriented aspects of crypto that simply cannot be compromised on because it defeats the whole purpose.

At the risk of citing libertarian rhetoric, I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase "guns don't kill people, people do."  The same could be said for knives, rocks, cars, sticks, and so on.  So what do rocks have in common with Darkcoin? They're untraceable facts of nature that simply exist in the world where we humans live.  Instead of trying to blame rocks for the downfall of humanity, try talking to the person and see what's bothering him. 

If you start regulating/restricting/confiscating/tracking all of the "tools" which someone whose behavior you don't agree with uses, then pretty soon you will be left with nothing but empty space and no air to breathe.

It is fine to be upset about negative behavior, but please, please don't blame the cash!  It didn't do anything but exist for people to use it!

Completely fungible money is a unversal right for everyone which should never be taken away.  You should be very proud of the fact that you are actively contributing in a community that is gifting something to the world which will benefit 100% of society by improving productivity.  100% is one-hundred-percent, good and bad.  What they choose to do with it is up to them.  If you can decide WHO uses it and for WHAT, then you are back to square one with an opportunity for centralized authoritarian control, social engineering, and worse. 

let me ask you this: If Darkcoin's unversal fungibility spurs economic growth that eventually amounts to us becoming a space-faring race with 25 colonized planets and 500 billion humans, but the same 10~15% of that population uses drugs or does nefarious things, is that still unacceptable to you?
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2015, 06:07:37 AM

Hi RenegadeMan,

You have made your position about the negativity aspect of drugs very clear. I can truly appreciate that and am in no way condoning that behavior.  I completely understand your concern about widespread adoption, however I feel that this particular issue is one of the freedom-oriented aspects of crypto that simply cannot be compromised on because it defeats the whole purpose.

At the risk of citing libertarian rhetoric, I'm sure you're familiar with the phrase "guns don't kill people, people do."  The same could be said for knives, rocks, cars, sticks, and so on.  So what do rocks have in common with Darkcoin? They're untraceable facts of nature that simply exist in the world where we humans live.  Instead of trying to blame rocks for the downfall of humanity, try talking to the person and see what's bothering him. 

If you start regulating/restricting/confiscating/tracking all of the "tools" which someone whose behavior you don't agree with uses, then pretty soon you will be left with nothing but empty space and no air to breathe.

It is fine to be upset about negative behavior, but please, please don't blame the cash!  It didn't do anything but exist for people to use it!

Completely fungible money is a unversal right for everyone which should never be taken away.  You should be very proud of the fact that you are actively contributing in a community that is gifting something to the world which will benefit 100% of society by improving productivity.  100% is one-hundred-percent, good and bad.  What they choose to do with it is up to them.  If you can decide WHO uses it and for WHAT, then you are back to square one with an opportunity for centralized authoritarian control, social engineering, and worse. 

let me ask you this: If Darkcoin's unversal fungibility spurs economic growth that eventually amounts to us becoming a space-faring race with 25 colonized planets and 500 billion humans, but the same 10~15% of that population uses drugs or does nefarious things, is that still unacceptable to you?

BOOM! +1

Pages: « 1 ... 3894 3895 3896 3897 3898 3899 3900 3901 3902 3903 3904 3905 3906 3907 3908 3909 3910 3911 3912 3913 3914 3915 3916 3917 3918 3919 3920 3921 3922 3923 3924 3925 3926 3927 3928 3929 3930 3931 3932 3933 3934 3935 3936 3937 3938 3939 3940 3941 3942 3943 [3944] 3945 3946 3947 3948 3949 3950 3951 3952 3953 3954 3955 3956 3957 3958 3959 3960 3961 3962 3963 3964 3965 3966 3967 3968 3969 3970 3971 3972 3973 3974 3975 3976 3977 3978 3979 3980 3981 3982 3983 3984 3985 3986 3987 3988 3989 3990 3991 3992 3993 3994 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: