Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:15:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 [4224] 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722508 times)
cnerd

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:25:22 AM

Per Fernando, Tao, and others "Some big payment processor and exchanges we have approached have repeatedly complained about the name. This doesn't mean they will adopt us straight away, but we would be making it easier for them."
Yea, sure, they are quite worried about the name, but not about these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_Laundering_Control_Act
http://www.europarl.europa.eu/news/en/news-room/content/20140307IPR38110/html/Parliament-toughens-up-anti-money-laundering-rules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proceeds_of_Crime_Act_2002
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-terrorism,_Crime_and_Security_Act_2001
No matter how you twist and turn it, Darkcoin, Dish, Dash, Darkash or whatever, payment processors will always stay away from this coin, because they don't want to deal with the aforementioned bullshit.
Many people burned because of these acts, everybody with half a working brain knows how bad things can turn when playing hide and seek with ML legislation. If you dont believe me, ask Moneygram Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thekingjayd

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:30:08 AM

that dump was the price levelling out if you go sell your coins and value it to currency its still worth exactly the same as it was before the btc price rise....
mpr20rt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:31:52 AM

Ok so here's another one:

D(c)ash... - 'c' is silent
D{c}ash
D[c]ash

Then there's a marketing campaign:

We have a bunch of people each representing a certain group in a society: teenagers, collage kids, young profesionals, working class, middle class, seniors etc...
So everyone buys something that's not illegal but wouldn't want to parade about that and keep it on a hush hush.. Smiley
And at the end of a short video clip we have each protagonist putting a finger to his mouth in a sshhhh. fashion Cheesy

An the final curtain:

D[c]ash - [c] is silent...
      [c] - cryptography
      [c] - cash
      [c] - caution (maybe not)
      [c] - ....

Of course it has to be done with fancy graphics and animation Smiley

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash."  -  Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:34:41 AM

Give me a break. It eludes me how such an intelligent man as yourself could have made such ridiculous arguments:

"TOXIC NAME"
If it was a "totally toxic name" for the last 12 months why you're in it?

Tell me, please, how this totally toxic name has stopped Darkcoin's growth?

Darkcoin hasn't grown much in adoption. It's grown in valuation and development.

The only significant exchange it's on right now is Bitfinex. Although the name may not be "toxic" amongst early adopters (thats ourselves) it's a different story amongst the broader market.

BTCe, Chinese exchanges, US exchanges - none of them show the remotest hint of taking it. Of course that might be for reasons other than the name, but according to the accounts of 'coin staff' who've been 'out there' trying to get it promoted and adopted, the name categorically is a barrier to adoption.

If you think otherwise you need to come up with a better justification than simply "it's worked up till now". The only growth that occured was a) price, b) development which are largely under the control of the developer community and early adopters.

As I say - I'm not unhappy with the Darkcoin name but I'm not overly attached to it  either. All I'm saying is: there's a problem with the next phase of growth because it has to come from sources that are different from those of the last year. The name is a documented issue. So do something about it.

Wrong again. Merchant Directory is growing, slowly like any other matrics I shared, but
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/merchant-directory-listing-updated-8th-march-2015.3445/

Exchanges, 27 of them include Darkcoin:
https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/darkcoin/#markets
And at the end, how many do you think will stay? How many will pop up, and be happy to include the 5th biggest alt-coin on the market? If BTC-E is ignoring Darkcoin, well, they might change their minds. Why does that matter at this phase? On how many exchanges  you have accounts? On 2, 4, 10 or 40?

I have no clue who approached whom ("documented issue") and who replied what to whom regarding Darkcoin inclusion. But if the future Saint Coin approaches the same people and they would laugh into the Saint Coin's face, how that would reflect for the new brand, being a laughing stock?

Once should ASSESS the value of say BTC-E inclusion (24.80% of the BTC trading volume on Bitfinex) and have an agreement that the Saint Coin would be included once it drops its Darkcoin name. Same with merchants, providing these are not my friend's dive in Mexico but something of assessable value. Otherwise, yes, "doing nothing" and let the technology grow might be the best solution.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:35:39 AM

No matter how you twist and turn it, Darkcoin, Dish, Dash, Darkash or whatever, payment processors will always stay away from this coin, because they don't want to deal with the aforementioned bullshit.

You might be right but I doubt it.

I think the name is far more of an issue than the nature of the network.

For a start, as far as most legistlators are concerned, Bitcoin is an anonymous payments system. Ok, you can trace the flow from one address to the next (you can in Darkcoin as well) but there's no legal, identifiable entity associated with those addresses the way there is with a bank account. That's what they're worried about, not anonymous blockchains. I don't think they give a sh*t whether a blockchain is anonymous or not.

They DO however give a sh*t about a name like Darkcoin because it has a direct association with the dark web and dark markets. For politicians, media, legislators and even exchanges - thats toxic whatever way you roll it.

We can always say "stuff them", they're full of BS and we don't care. Fine. But don't start expecting us to get to Litecoin's market cap and level of liquidity or asking the team to get it adopted here there and everywhere etc etc.
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:38:56 AM

SELL YOUR DARKCOINS !!!!!

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:43:23 AM

I'm not a millionaire now because for two years I thought Bitcoin was the silliest thing ever, starting with its name.

Until I looked beyond the name, by then, I was too late for a Tesla...

(and for reference, I dont want to be a millionaire, that is why I didnt say Ferrari - I'm a libertarian at heart)
emmo

Activity: 53

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:43:57 AM

WHY ?  Grin
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:44:04 AM

Holy Moly Batman, I haven't had to use the ignore feature in months but today i put almost 15 people on ignore, LOL  Cheesy

It is too early to change the name! Darkcoin will get a lot of "negative" publicity. Lets not ruin this chance by changing the name! The name can be changed when everyone knows Darkcoin!

I love the name darkcoin (Best name in crypto) and agree it is too early. It will eventually need to be changed but for at least the next 2-3 months we need to keep darkcoin and associate it with bitcoin every chance we get. While transitioning we can use both as we slowly rebrand to DASH - Digital Cash (DASH in all caps, Branded with the phrase Digital Cash)
Then in a few months when the video is ready we can fully rebrand and introduce the world to DASH - Digital Cash.
The more i hear/see DASH the more i like it and the future potential it represents. We're so early in the game that it could become like coke, Like when someone ask if a business accepts dash what they are really asking is if they accept digital cash like bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, DASH ETC ETC. That's what all the TV pundits call crypto  already... Digital Cash.

The other day i was watching a youtube video of this little dog getting rescued and i was going to ask in the comments if they had a darkcoin address but it just sounded too sinister for people who aren't into the crypto world. Instead i asked if they had a "Bitcoin or Darkcoin address". To non crypto people (most people) darkcoin sounds a bit nefarious unless used in conjunction with bitcoin.

Anyways, Here's a logo i put together from some of the others logos that were posted. I just changed the regular D to the darkcoin D. It needs work.

Here's the original

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
thekingjayd

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:44:16 AM

never using this time to buy more buy more buy more take advantage of the spring fresh sale
emmo

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:45:45 AM

BUY NOW  !  Wink
sangoku

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:46:24 AM

Because with a detergent name, how you can believe ?

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
sangoku

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:47:50 AM

Holy Moly Batman, I haven't had to use the ignore feature in months but today i put almost 15 people on ignore, LOL  Cheesy

It is too early to change the name! Darkcoin will get a lot of "negative" publicity. Lets not ruin this chance by changing the name! The name can be changed when everyone knows Darkcoin!

I love the name darkcoin (Best name in crypto) and agree it is too early. It will eventually need to be changed but for at least the next 2-3 months we need to keep darkcoin and associate it with bitcoin every chance we get. While transitioning we can use both as we slowly rebrand to DASH - Digital Cash (DASH in all caps, Branded with the phrase Digital Cash)
Then in a few months when the video is ready we can fully rebrand and introduce the world to DASH - Digital Cash.
The more i hear/see DASH the more i like it and the future potential it represents. We're so early in the game that it could become like coke, Like when someone ask if a business accepts dash what they are really asking is if they accept digital cash like bitcoin, litecoin, dogecoin, DASH ETC ETC. That's what all the TV pundits call crypto  already... Digital Cash.

The other day i was watching a youtube video of this little dog getting rescued and i was going to ask in the comments if they had a darkcoin address but it just sounded too sinister for people who aren't into the crypto world. Instead i asked if they had a "Bitcoin or Darkcoin address". To non crypto people (most people) darkcoin sounds a bit nefarious unless used in conjunction with bitcoin.

Anyways, Here's a logo i put together from some of the others logos that were posted. I just changed the regular D to the darkcoin D. It needs work.

Here's the original

DASH for DAESH Huh

Who is DAESH ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_State_of_Iraq_and_the_Levant

For Wash their money ?

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:49:49 AM

I have no clue who approached whom ("documented issue") and who replied what to whom regarding Darkcoin inclusion. But if the future Saint Coin approaches the same people and they would laugh into the Saint Coin's face, how that would reflect for the new brand, being a laughing stock?

Once should ASSESS the value of say BTC-E inclusion (24.80% of the BTC trading volume on Bitfinex) and have an agreement that the Saint Coin would be included once it drops its Darkcoin name. Same with merchants, providing these are not my friend's dive in Mexico but something of assessable value. Otherwise, yes, "doing nothing" and let the technology grow might be the best solution.

OK - you've posted some interesting facts and I respect your view. You've also quantified a few things that I haven't done which is admirable.

When I said "documented barrier to adoption" I was referring to cases like this:

Quote from: masternode link=https://bitcoin-forums.net/index.php?topic=421615.msg10717745#msg10717745
I should bring up a situation that I came across which highlights the need for a rebrand.  I was at recently at a dinner with the CEO of Expresscoin (whom added Darkcoin months ago as per my suggestion).  He directly informed me that he'd been getting pressure from his investors to drop Darkcoin as they were worried about the legal scrutiny it could bring Expresscoin.  I asked him to hold off for a bit before doing anything as there would be some announcements made, to which he agreed.  So as you can see, Darkcoins problems are a lot like racism.  You show up for endless interviews and everyone seems nice but you can't understand why you never get hired.  Evan has done a fantastic job of pushing out features which are important to users and will clearly lead to consumer adoption.  The problem is that this is meaningless if there is little to no adoption on the merchant side.  A rebrand helps balance this issue.

With a rebrand we can reach out to industries that previously wouldn't consider using Darkcoin due to the fact that Dark is often associated with something sinister.  A good example of this is the medicinal marijuana industry.  They have massive problems because MMJ is illegal on a federal level but not on the state level.  As a result, banks are completely unwilling to work with them.  This industry is desperate for a solution and using crypto / DASH should be an easy sell, creating a HUGE opportunity for us.  However, consider this: As a dispensary whom already has considerable legal scrutiny, would you be willing to take a risk and start doing business using a cryptocurrency named Darkcoin?  This shows how important the brand is, and how we really need to consider what is on the horizon and where we want to go from here. 

I'm not trying to be contentious and I share a lot of the sentiments in views such as yours. I'm just saying if people who are actually doing groundwork to promote adoption say that the name is a problem (as opposed to people sitting in their armchairs at home watching charts) then I'm ok with them changing the name.

rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:54:57 AM

I'm on board with the name change.  I think the dev team (Evan) could have went about it better but I think that it is the right move.  It also separates us from the droves of (xxxxxx)coins out there.  To me, Dash seems more unique then Darkcoin, since there are a billion other xxxxxxcoins out there.

That being said, I understand the discontent from a lot of people, it has been over a year we have been putting our time, efforts, and money into Darkcoin and now we are starting again with Dash.  In the long run, I agree, it is a good move.

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
emmo

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:55:29 AM

Because with a detergent name, how you can believe ?

if you're smart, you now need to buy.This is a technology , is not Gucci/ Nike or something like that.if you can. . . . thinking thinking and then buy buy, mark my words !
sangoku

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 11:57:53 AM

Darkcoin change his name for not to be associated with the darknet and takes a name of detergent and almost similar at Daesh.
Very good idea...

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:58:10 AM

Here's a few famous name changes where they were needed to ditch "adverse baggage" but also look at the trend - from longer, more complex names to shorter, snappy ones.

Dash sure is a lot more snappy than "Darkcoin" at least as a mouthful. It's a natural progression. One is slow, lumbering and has the word "coin" in the title. The other is single sylable, starts with D, rhymes with cash and isn't synonymous with Dark web, dark money or dark markets so can't be sunk by default.

Check them out... http://www.famousnamechanges.net/html/corporate.htm

ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:00:28 PM

Wow what a crazy 24 hours or so since the name change announcement.

Personally I like the name darkcoin but I do agree a name change is required to really capture the market in the same way bitcoin is slowly growing.

DASH? Well I'm not sure, it's kinda ok but a bit lame. At the end of the day it is just a name and the technology behind it is sound. So if the decision has officially been made by Evan and the team then let's just move on and run with it.

So is DASH 100% official then ? Can Evan or a dev confirm coz if so then the debate needs to stop now.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
thekingjayd

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 12:02:47 PM

dash.... really ? ouh how dashing. Wont go down to well with Britain. Us brits hate words that reflect the posh. What next sunday evenings for a game of croquet?
Pages: « 1 ... 4174 4175 4176 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 [4224] 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: