Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:31:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 [4227] 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722619 times)
kludzins

Activity: 274
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:04:20 PM

Having haters is just a part of the business, and the more haters you have, the more people like you - that's how I view it, because I try to see the positive in things. Cool
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:05:18 PM

trolls are overcoming the htread !

All we need is Ebolajax defending Darkcoin now...

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
CryptoChronic

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:09:47 PM

First post with my new account after someone stole mine, and got blocked... (started in DRK when gpu miner got out, 10DRK a day with a 280x)

As for the name change, IMHO I think it shows ambition! Chalenge Bitcoin for the Global market.

With the name Darkcoin we're trying to reach a market niche, the darkmarket, the illegal stuff, where transactions can't be traced to you.

But now with InstantX, this coin tecnology is much more than just an anonymous coin.

The new ideas from Evan, if he can deliver (like he did EVERYTIME) can put the balance towards this coin, making it the trully Digital cASH.

Hope we can change the world! getting some money in the process!

Too many people are chasing some pump dream...nothings going to replace bitcoin or come even close to its cap..Its got first mover advantage and too much money. resources, power and now institutions behind it, Shoulda stuck with our niche market...The undergorund which we hadn't even tapped into that potential... were we just making big strides and having the DNM's start looking our was.. now you can kiss that goodbye no one on DNMS will use this dash crap

The name change isn't final. https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-followup.4266/

As for the DNM, they will use whatever has the most liquidity, and you can't get a BIG ASS trade volume just from DNM.

I love the Darkcoin brand, I don't really like Dash that much, but I think a change for wider adoption would be great.

Napster was the first mover too, but better tecnology arrived...

As for bitcoin slow transations and lack of privacy, a coin with darksend, Instantx and a Dev team with Evan can be a sucessful incumbent, if people just try it.

Napster never had millions and millions of $ invested in them let alone Institutions ... Open a fucking econ book and look up first mover advantage you fuck tard..None of these coins will surpass bitcoin
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:15:25 PM

First post with my new account after someone stole mine, and got blocked... (started in DRK when gpu miner got out, 10DRK a day with a 280x)

As for the name change, IMHO I think it shows ambition! Chalenge Bitcoin for the Global market.

With the name Darkcoin we're trying to reach a market niche, the darkmarket, the illegal stuff, where transactions can't be traced to you.

But now with InstantX, this coin tecnology is much more than just an anonymous coin.

The new ideas from Evan, if he can deliver (like he did EVERYTIME) can put the balance towards this coin, making it the trully Digital cASH.

Too many people are chasing some pump dream...nothings going to replace bitcoin or come even close to its cap..Its got first mover advantage and too much money. resources, power and now institutions behind it, Shoulda stuck with our niche market...The undergorund which we hadn't even tapped into that potential... were we just making big strides and having the DNM's start looking our was.. now you can kiss that goodbye no one on DNMS will use this dash crap

You do realize underground markets do not not care what the fucking name of the currency they use to transact in as long as it serves the purposes of being anonymous. It could be called FluffyBunnyRainbowUnicornCoin and if it served its purpose and was stable enough to take on exchange risk, people in those markets could use it. It doesn't work the other way though for the masses. Most already have the preconcieved (and wrong) notion that "Dark" is sinister. Anyone that has spent time actually trying to engage new merchants, the very people that will provide goods and services that are required for a currency's success, will know how challenging it is to convince them to take Darkcoin. I'm not referring to talking to your friends or family members about "investing" in a coin... I'm talking about recruiting actual merchants. Any sales person will tell you most people have their minds made up in the first 30 seconds and it's already an uphill battle trying to first explain that Dark doesn't mean what you think it means.

While the name was fitting for a year when Darkcoin was solely a privacy-centric coin, Darkcoin has branched out far larger than just the privacy-niche. There is nothing preventing merchants on underground markets and the deep web from taking whatever the new name of the coin is... especially since... wait for it... nothing has changed from a technological standpoint.
Vinte6

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:18:34 PM

The name change isn't final. https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-followup.4266/

As for the DNM, they will use whatever has the most liquidity, and you can't get a BIG ASS trade volume just from DNM.

I love the Darkcoin brand, I don't really like Dash that much, but I think a change for wider adoption would be great.

As for bitcoin slow transations and lack of privacy, a coin with darksend, Instantx and a Dev team with Evan can be a sucessful incumbent, if people just try it.

Napster never had millions and millions of $ invested in them let alone Institutions ... Open a fucking econ book and look up first mover advantage you fuck tard..None of these coins will surpass bitcoin

=) Calm down, I'm a economist! The first mover advantage last until someone delivers a better or cheaper product, in this case, a more usefull one.

Nokia was not the first one to make phones.
Apple was not the first one to make phones.
Samsung was not the first one to make phones.

They all became market leaders at some point.

This is tecnology, what is true today, maybe ridiculous tomorow.
mrcashking

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:20:44 PM

Microsoft was sort of the first mover and Apple Inc has double the marketcap now. Aol, Yahoo first movers and google runs the world now. lol Just sayin.
bizz

Activity: 492
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:22:53 PM

CryptoChronic

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:24:51 PM

Microsoft was sort of the first mover and Apple Inc has double the marketcap now. Aol, Yahoo first movers and google runs the world now. lol Just sayin.

You see how long that took? Fucking years 10-20+... which none of these alts have
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:25:43 PM

=) Calm down, I'm a economist! The first mover advantage last until someone delivers a better or cheaper product, in this case, a more usefull one.

Nokia was not the first one to make phones.
Apple was not the first one to make phones.
Samsung was not the first one to make phones.

They all became market leaders at some point.
This is tecnology, what is true today, maybe ridiculous tomorow.

Yer and Blackberry made the first smart phone.
And this guy also had so called 'first mover' advantage in the electric vehicle sector, look where that got him,

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:31:08 PM

I don't think the debate about whether an alt can overtake bitcoin or not has any bearing on the merits of the name change.

The question is if DRK can get away with a name change and not loose its support.

Some think it can't. I think it can because there isn't anything else going thats going to offer what it's developing.
crowning

Activity: 212

Activity: -42

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:39:06 PM

The question is if DRK can get away with a name change and not loose its support.

Some think it can't. I think it can because there isn't anything else going thats going to offer what it's developing.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-and-scalability.4254/page-9#post-45246

This would easily halve followers, dev-team and market-cap.

IOW, we ourselves would create this "anything else".

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:39:32 PM

I don't think the debate about whether an alt can overtake bitcoin or not has any bearing on the merits of the name change.

It will weaken our core market and make us vulnerable to attacks by vested interests, and lets be honest thats almost everyone else thats not Darkcoin really, isn't it.

Edit : Jezzzz, the trolls have made it through the main outer perimeter wall (BCT) and into the courtyard,they are aiming for the inner sanctum of Darkcointalk now   Angry

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:45:01 PM

It will weaken our core market and make us vulnerable to attacks by vested interests

How ?
drkwarrior

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:48:32 PM

spoke to a friend who has a few drk...he pissed , he says....i hope this isnt a rebrand because darkcoin is broken or isnt annonymous, it doesnt work so... time to make a new coin and begin again with speed as our main focus.....He sold
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:56:57 PM

If the re-branding is going to coincide with a shift away from anonymity I think the DASH dev knows something we don't, perhaps some flaw not yet disclosed to general public was discovered which is so fatal to anonymity that only re-purposing and re-braning the whole project makes sense.

oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:59:08 PM

spoke to a friend who has a few drk...he pissed , he says....i hope this isnt a rebrand because darkcoin is broken or isnt annonymous, it doesnt work so... time to make a new coin and begin again with speed as our main focus.....He sold

Your friend's an idiot... nothing has changed from a technological standpoint. I told you this. Addresses, blockchain, etc, all the same.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:00:00 PM

If the re-branding is going to coincide with a shift away from anonymity I think the DASH dev knows something we don't, perhaps some flaw not yet disclosed to general public was discovered which is so fatal to anonymity that only re-purposing and re-braning the whole project makes sense.

lol, leave it to the Monero crew to try to insinuate shit. No, it's because Darkcoin as it currently stands has branched out from JUST a privacy-centric coin.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:00:51 PM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-and-scalability.4254/page-9#post-45246

This would easily halve followers, dev-team and market-cap.

IOW, we ourselves would create this "anything else".

Again, you think Evan is just going to "give up" the Darkcoin repo on github and there's magically going to be a masternode network to power a clone? Really?
crimi

Activity: 147

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:01:36 PM

Did evan change his opinion? Because before it did really sound like he will rebrand "his" coin.

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-followup.4266/
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:01:47 PM

I bet the Monero people would be partying hard now. And I'm pissed off too.
Pages: « 1 ... 4177 4178 4179 4180 4181 4182 4183 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 [4227] 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: