Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:06:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 [4234] 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722501 times)
Darkfella

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:52:34 PM

I dont understand this. The name Dash isnt even avaible. It's used.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.0
http://dashcoin.net/

[BTW, there is also DOSH. Wink]

Apparently Evan the dev bought the rights to dashcoin and its name, substantial amount of money too. Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through in order to use a certain name.  Kind of strange.

How much money?
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:54:47 PM

we also have the most wonderfull trolls gathered here .. its really a sensational feeling meeting them all in one place.
they range from the very low skilled troll (see post above) to the very high skilled troll

btw : i'm selling anti-troll shields for a discount right now, get them while they are hot

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:02:17 PM

One similar case to ours is OpenBazaar. The software was released at a Toronto hackathlon by Amir Taaki and a few others. It was called DarkMarket. One developer, Brian Hoffman, soon renamed it (he also forked from the original, but there was no development on the DarkMarket repository, so it is effectively a rebranding exercise). He's said many times he did that to avoid the negative press. Very shortly he got a lot attention and people contributing. Most of those people probably would have not showed up if he had kept the old name. Please consider too the positive aspect of being able to recruit among people who were not comfortable being associated with dark.

In our case, we have lost Vertoe along the way and pissed off a few people I respect, which I deeply lament. But this has happened mostly because we did the discussion process wrong, not because changing the name is a bad idea.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:13:45 PM

One similar case to ours is OpenBazaar. The software was released at a Toronto hackathlon by Amir Taaki and a few others. It was called DarkMarket. One developer, Brian Hoffman, soon renamed it (he also forked from the original, but there was no development on the DarkMarket repository, so it is effectively a rebranding exercise). He's said many times he did that to avoid the negative press. Very shortly he got a lot attention and people contributing. Most of those people probably would have not showed up if he had kept the old name. Please consider too the positive aspect of being able to recruit among people who were not comfortable being associated with dark.

In our case, we have lost Vertoe along the way and pissed off a few people I respect, which I deeply lament. But this has happened mostly because we did the discussion process wrong, not because changing the name is a bad idea.

I'm sorry, I can't bottle it up any more.

it's been killing me for about 6 months now. But this post, well it just nails it:

http://youtu.be/dQsjAbZDx-4?t=1m20s

Phew, glad that's off my chest.
miningpros

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:19:13 PM

can someone help me out here ??

is it separate, bought by evan, exchanged on Poloniex ?

Don't get it

thanks !
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:19:31 PM

LOL  Grin
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:20:03 PM

Although I would not go as far as to say its a "bad" idea, I equally do not think its a good one.. So I would suggest your suggestion that the only reason is that the process is wrong is not entirely correct.

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:25:29 PM

It seems that sober second thought appears to be kicking in around the community. oblox, Minotaur, and my own attempts to explain our thinking as to why this name change is a good thing seems to be making an impact.

Guys, let's face it, this is a huge change for a lot of people. They were attracted to this coin because of the tech, and they thought that Darkcoin name represented it perfectly. And they were right.

But then something changed. Evan realized that he could make this coin something better, something more than just a "Dark" coin. InstantX was born, and like he said in the Rebranding thread, he has now found a way to scale this technology, which has always been a problem.

We are now so much more than Darkcoin. I think people are starting to realize that.

My PMs have been going of the hook this morning with potential investors, this will be so much easier to market. And don't forget, nothing is changing with the underlying technology.

We have so much more to do, lets not dwell on this for too long. DASH is Digital Cash.

GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:25:35 PM

I was pissed and even got to the point of remove myself from the extended team and resigning from the foundation.
 Emotions were high and flowing.

With sense and sensibility I thought

"hmm.. why the heck have I become such an strong hand (unfortunately not big bag holder) despite this crazy crazy tumultuous year?? why oh why ??"

... a quick deep search and, quite frankly, 'cos in Evan I believe and trust, from interviews to forum posts, this is a project I believe in to the core of my existance, and it goes way waaaaay beyond the sphere of crypto-la-la-land.

Despite a foot in a bucket with the "semi-official" announcement yesterday, I believe this project can overtake BTC in adoption. It already has by a long shot, technologically.

Being fungible and instant, nicely pruned blockchain and especially, the sheer power still to be unveiled of the 2-nd tier network... this is the only project out there worth it for me.

I came into crypto as an act of rebellion against the system. As a libertarian, fuck the system! But also empowerment of human right everyone, to subjugated women, unbanked african tribes, decentralized civil liberties like buying illegal drugs, as its been proven much safer than the street corner in terms of the quality and lowering the criminality, banditism and violence. To each his own to do as he freely wills. Who am I to judge. A dildo for your favourite troll on valentines.

Evan has never steered away from this, in fact quite the contrary. As a visionary, he's show the good sense of a name change before, and the validity of it again. I trust his vision.

Heck, he seems to be the only dev with balls enough to fork the network numerous time and fix what needed fixed, like its a sport. Created the most technologically advanced crypto and infrastructurally already in place for mass adoption.... we're almost almost there!  

So go and dump your coins, 'ye of squinted eye-sight.

fernando

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:27:05 PM

I'm sorry, I can't bottle it up any more.

it's been killing me for about 6 months now. But this post, well it just nails it:

http://youtu.be/dQsjAbZDx-4?t=1m20s

Phew, glad that's off my chest.

I knew this would happen eventually  Grin Grin Grin Grin
BiteMyShinyMetalAss

Activity: 617
Merit: 509

Crypto Card - https://platinum.crypto.com/r/28cz7d

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:32:06 PM

I was happy from the first moment hearing of rebranding! Like - have you ever tried to explain to public Darkcoin?
Its for the better!

The best lending rates in 1 place www.21bitcoin.eu/interests
NEXO, CELSIUS, CDC and other tax reports www.21bitcoin.eu
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:33:38 PM

Although I would not go as far as to say its a "bad" idea, I equally do not think its a good one.. So I would suggest your suggestion that the only reason is that the process is wrong is not entirely correct.

In your opinion, just as much as what Fernando wrote is his opinion, and this post is mine.  Evan has been considering everyone's opinion on this matter for months.  I think we are sending an extremely positive message to the market. That this project is willing to reconsider, adapt and adjust to changing market conditions. You need to have balls to make the tough calls.

Leadership is doing a proper job, checking with patent attorneys, and such, how many altcoin projects do that. I for one feel well represented. No one can run a project and keep 100% of the people happy and on agreement all the time.

Potential investors will see the fact that the hard decisions are made with the long term best interest of the project at heart, even though it is clear that it would be controversial short-term.  Sometimes you need to compromise, not every decision is black or white, but I think this one will open more doors than it closes.

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:36:05 PM

i had some time to cool off after that little bomb went off yesterday and i admit that some good points were given for a rebranding,
which means i changed my view about rebranding from rather against it to pretty much torn about it (to be honest i think
i will always feel conflicted about this topic).

And yes, i do agree  about the discussion process being wrong which both hurt and upset a lot of people in both here and in the dev team
but whats done is done, lets not allow ourself to get divided about this as a community.

Instead let us look forward and find out what awaits us, according otoh's cards a bold and dashing adventure awaits us  Wink
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=615879.0)

qwizzie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:36:27 PM

I love the irony that (the old) Dashcoin is a official CryptoNote coin. Smiley
wpalczynski
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:38:22 PM

I dont understand this. The name Dash isnt even avaible. It's used.

http://dashcoin.net/

[BTW, there is also DOSH. Wink]

Apparently Evan the dev bought the rights to dashcoin and its name, substantial amount of money too. Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through in order to use a certain name.  Kind of strange.

How much money?

He didnt give an amount.  I believe he said it was quite a bit out of his own pocket a while back, few pages.

etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:39:55 PM

Some teenager mind here found this bad because darkcoin is an 'coolest' name.

This is so chilish,this is a fact... Think more from your computer of your basement mommy,you as libertarian anarchist who want to change world,you'll need to adapt a bit to do something first,to grab attention,because nobody listen you with this name(3000 fanboysm when there's over a milions potential user)

What ever name can be a lot more 'cool' than darkcoin when we'll see billion dollars will enter in this market,because the technology behind is all that people want.

Rebranding is the most exciting thing it can be happen to darkcoin before instant X. We're going to move on soon,confidence will rebuilt fast on a more serious concrete base.  Smiley

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:41:35 PM

i had some time to cool off after that little bomb went off yesterday and i admit that some good points were given for a rebranding,
which means i changed my view about rebranding from rather against it to pretty much torn about it (to be honest i think
i will always feel conflicted about this topic).

And yes, i do agree  about the discussion process being wrong which both hurt and upset a lot of people in both here and in the dev team
but whats done is done, lets not allow ourself to get divided about this as a community.

Instead let us look forward and find out what awaits us, according otoh's cards a grand adventure awaits us

qwizzie

Great! Good to see you're not about to jump ship. Would hate to lose you.  

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 06:41:41 PM

Am I not understanding Darksend correctly? I have the latest Darkcoin-QT running with the -test switch. The startup screen is orange and the client says testnet. I've obtained 1001 testnet coins from one of the faucets. I set the Darksend amount to 200 with 3 rounds. After clicking Start Darksend all the client does is sit there and say that Darksend is idle. Is Darksend available in test mode? Do I need to perform another additional step? Am I missing something?

Oh, you missed a lot.  While you waiting, check my signature  Grin

I just started with DRK. What have I missed?

Welcome! Want to introduce myself... Im a troll. Thanks!

I never ever get people that troll or FUD. I don't understand the reason.  What is the psychological makeup of these people.  Do they thing it's an effective way of interacting with people.  I wonder what your wife,  spouse of mom or dad would think of this,  your work peers... Would they look at it as funny,  whity or productive.  Are these people that troll have other deeper psychological issues from childhood?  Anti social behaviour triggered by some traumatic past experience that are now Mal adjusted and feel the need to see read their misery to others? I don't really know... But Mr. White would be a great case study....

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Brilliantrocket

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:43:26 PM

I never ever get people that troll or FUD. I don't understand the reason.  What is the psychological makeup of these people.  Do they thing it's an effective way of interacting with people.  I wonder what your wife,  spouse of mom or dad would think of this,  your work peers... Would they look at it as funny,  whity or productive.  Are these people that troll have other deeper psychological issues from childhood?  Anti social behaviour triggered by some traumatic past experience that are now Mal adjusted and feel the need to see read their misery to others? I don't really know... But Mr. White would be a great case study....
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/your-online-secrets/201409/internet-trolls-are-narcissists-psychopaths-and-sadists
crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 06:45:47 PM

I think dark has to grow up now... It will hurt but rebranding could be a game changer. DarkMarket and Openbazaar are good examples...
Pages: « 1 ... 4184 4185 4186 4187 4188 4189 4190 4191 4192 4193 4194 4195 4196 4197 4198 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 [4234] 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 4249 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: