Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:28:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 [4249] 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:40:47 AM

is there an easy way to set up masternodes on my own or is it kind of technical

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:41:50 AM

Have you no shame? You've been caught out lying. You've come in here claiming "Oh....I've only just heard....I'm disappointed...."

You're wasting everyone's time trying to start the whole branding discussion all over again from the beginning yet you're over on Spreadcointalk saying "Hey guys, Darkcoin's changing their name.....we should leverage off this....yeah, this could be our great moment...."

It's just dishonest, lame and true troll behaviour.

If you're invested in DRK then add to DRK's success by taking part honestly and positively; not like some snake in the grass.

First of all, I did just hear about it. And I am disappointed. I think Darkcoin got its name from being anonymous and that's what people wanted. It fulfilled a need. Secondly referring to a coin as "Dash" is cause for concern. I would never insist that anyone call there coin; dash, dodge, ditch, run away, get out, leave, etc. Thirdly I am a capitalist. It would be foolish of me not to Capitalize on this opportunity. I think DRK would be making a terrible mistake by changing there name and I for one have no problem profiting off of fools.  Fourthly here is my positive contribution: Do not change the name, it would be foolish.

So you're "invested" in Darkcoin....

Thirdly I am a capitalist. It would be foolish of me not to Capitalize on this opportunity.

....and you're looking to "Capitalize" on this situation which sounds awfully like you're looking to grab hold of Darkcoin's old name and leverage off all the hard work that's gone into that? Yes?

I think you have the mindset of a domain name squatter.

No wonder Spread's not working out very well with this low-down, poverty/theft based mindset.

You can be quite sure that Evan Duffield and the Foundation will take numerous steps to ensure Darkcoin's name change will not expose the existing IP and brand cache to rogue elements like that.

Maybe you should head back on over to Spread because I don't think your intentions here are even remotely honourable and you've clearly been caught out.

Why the hell would I grab Darkcoin's name? If Darkcoin dumped it that would give us no leverage.

End of discussion. You're not here to help, you're here to hinder and we don't need that.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

Darkcoin's CNY market has been opened at https://bter.com/trade/drk_cny , deposit at https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/DRK … , withdraw at https://bter.com/myaccount/withdraw/DRK

oooh!  A CNY pair Cheesy
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:43:41 AM

There are easy to follow guides, but for sure you need some experiance using linux.
If you do not have, there are a lot of guys here setting up one for you on a low cost.
njs811

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:44:27 AM

Have you no shame? You've been caught out lying. You've come in here claiming "Oh....I've only just heard....I'm disappointed...."

You're wasting everyone's time trying to start the whole branding discussion all over again from the beginning yet you're over on Spreadcointalk saying "Hey guys, Darkcoin's changing their name.....we should leverage off this....yeah, this could be our great moment...."

It's just dishonest, lame and true troll behaviour.

If you're invested in DRK then add to DRK's success by taking part honestly and positively; not like some snake in the grass.

First of all, I did just hear about it. And I am disappointed. I think Darkcoin got its name from being anonymous and that's what people wanted. It fulfilled a need. Secondly referring to a coin as "Dash" is cause for concern. I would never insist that anyone call there coin; dash, dodge, ditch, run away, get out, leave, etc. Thirdly I am a capitalist. It would be foolish of me not to Capitalize on this opportunity. I think DRK would be making a terrible mistake by changing there name and I for one have no problem profiting off of fools.  Fourthly here is my positive contribution: Do not change the name, it would be foolish.

So you're "invested" in Darkcoin....

Thirdly I am a capitalist. It would be foolish of me not to Capitalize on this opportunity.

....and you're looking to "Capitalize" on this situation which sounds awfully like you're looking to grab hold of Darkcoin's old name and leverage off all the hard work that's gone into that? Yes?

I think you have the mindset of a domain name squatter.

No wonder Spread's not working out very well with this low-down, poverty/theft based mindset.

You can be quite sure that Evan Duffield and the Foundation will take numerous steps to ensure Darkcoin's name change will not expose the existing IP and brand cache to rogue elements like that.

Maybe you should head back on over to Spread because I don't think your intentions here are even remotely honourable and you've clearly been caught out.

Why the hell would I grab Darkcoin's name? If Darkcoin dumped it that would give us no leverage.

End of discussion. You're not here to help, you're here to hinder and we don't need that.

Nope I was actually here to discover why the price dropped to decide whether or not to buy up more DRK. Apparently any inquiries of a negative nature are taken as a hostile threat.  Clearly this community is a waste of anyone's time.
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:45:53 AM

My masternode count shows 2092 masternodes. So we lost a bit more than 200 nodes.
But consider that it is much easier to close one than open a new one.
After redistributing a lot of coins it will take a bit longer until the new nodes are online again.
Maybe otoh can say something if he has set up new ones.

I think it should seriously be considered lowering the amount needed for a MN. If it were half of the original value then sales would increase and there would be far more masternodes in existence.
I don't think we lost a single node. We are still well above 2300. You guys are really running out of ideas.
EDIT : Well played Flowerpots! Beaten by a smidge!

2305 MN's on my 0.11.1.25

Holding strong Smiley  Why do they bother lying?
I did not try to lie. I only post my result of masternode count. Its now 2087.
To double check i did delete my peers.dat and did start the ./darkcoind again
Will post results soon while over time the number is growing slowly over time
If you restart too often you might get banned by some clients/MNs and this can affect number of masternodes visible to you. Check you debug.log.

PS. for me it is:
2323 - total
2063 - uniq IP

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 07:47:55 AM

There you go https://darkcointalk.org/threads/masternode-guides-all-formats-all-options-updated-28th-feb.4164/

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:52:37 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 08:29:11 AM by Otoh

My masternode count shows 2092 masternodes. So we lost a bit more than 200 nodes.
After redistributing a lot of coins it will take a bit longer until the new nodes are online again.

According to https://drk.mn/masternodes.html we have 2323 active masternodes, so we did not lose 200...

I added 15 today, but they were from coins that I bought last week, I will be putting at least another 31 live later this week which came from from the dump in to my wall, some other buying plus cancelling any asks that I had up on the exchanges, there will also be a few more next week most likely - approx 4 or 5 if the price stays low.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:56:37 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 08:22:53 AM by Otoh

Darkcoin's CNY market has been opened at https://bter.com/trade/drk_cny , deposit at https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/DRK … , withdraw at https://bter.com/myaccount/withdraw/DRK

Many thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for this :-)

Put a bid wall in there for 7,645 DRK at above market price of 20 CNY/DRK

https://bter.com/trade/drk_cny

let's see if China wants to sell or arb some of that devil coin Cheesy

if so these will also be additional masternodes

thanks BTer for coming back!

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:57:58 AM

Go Otoh Cheesy

Those dumpers coins are gone for a good while then... All the less for the non believers to play with!

Hopefully my xpool mining will see a little increase in what I am getting too..

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
kointrend

Activity: 655

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:04:01 AM

Many thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for this :-)
You're welcome sir. Smiley
theskillzdatklls

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:07:57 AM

JFC. could there ever conceivably be a day where i just put 1000 drk somewhere on a wallet, i know its safe/under my control and its in a masternode?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
LiteMine

Activity: 380
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:13:19 AM

I think it should seriously be considered lowering the amount needed for a MN. If it were half of the original value then sales would increase and there would be far more masternodes in existence.
I don't think we lost a single node. We are still well above 2300. You guys are really running out of ideas.
EDIT : Well played Flowerpots! Beaten by a smidge!

2305 MN's on my 0.11.1.25

Holding strong Smiley  Why do they bother lying?
I did not try to lie. I only post my result of masternode count. Its now 2087.
To double check i did delete my peers.dat and did start the ./darkcoind again
Will post results soon while over time the number is growing slowly over time

Ouch, I'm really sorry, it's hard to tell friend from foe in here sometimes and I've had a few beers after work. I sat there all night reading FUD (blood boiling) and couldn't wait to jump in.

Really impressed with the resilience of the D the last few days and the price is bouncing back!

2323 now
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:14:07 AM

JFC. could there ever conceivably be a day where i just put 1000 drk somewhere on a wallet, i know its safe/under my control and its in a masternode?

What do you mean ?

Masternode collateral is held in cold wallets these days.
kiindje

Activity: 166
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:40:07 AM

small question guys:

when you break your masternode (withdrew funds accidentally from the 1K transaction) and you take everything off and deposit a clean 1K again.

Do you have to create a new masternode genkey? or can the same one be used?

As i would think, only the collateral output would be changed, but i could be wrong here.

greetz
theskillzdatklls

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:41:55 AM

What do you mean ?

Masternode collateral is held in cold wallets these days.

i looked at the directions to set one up and i was just like holy god wtf is this shit. in my mind, i would send 1000 drk to a wallet and hit a button that says "masternode activation sequence begin" and then it would start to lottery coins every now and again.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:44:47 AM

Noobie.io is now accepting Darkcoin with IX !!

www.noobie.io

Bump
guys ! relax !
go shopping, they say it make you happy !!
 Grin
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:45:47 AM

Do you have to create a new masternode genkey? or can the same one be used?

No need to create new genkey, or new address, or new wallet, or new ip.

Just use the same genkey, same address, and same ip and all is fine again.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 08:45:57 AM

The significance is that BTER have enabled DRK, after their hack.
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 08:47:27 AM

price is picking up a bit again now.

I think as a community, we are all here because of the technology Dark/Dash offers not specifically because of the name.  If Dark kept its original 'Xcoin' name it would still have the same technology and most likely the same people investors and people interested.

I've followed Dark since the beginning and although I am not a huge fan of the name 'dash' it is slowly growing on me and I think there are alot of other names that could be a lot worse too.

So, for those that want to dump their coins and sell off Masternodes, i personally think that is a very short sighted view.  You will also be regretting your actions in the coming months i believe.

I have not sold a single coin and will not as long as dark/dash/whatever keeps on the path it's on with groundbreaking new technology and world crypto firsts.

If you wanna jump ship then please also jump ship from this thread too.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
Pages: « 1 ... 4199 4200 4201 4202 4203 4204 4205 4206 4207 4208 4209 4210 4211 4212 4213 4214 4215 4216 4217 4218 4219 4220 4221 4222 4223 4224 4225 4226 4227 4228 4229 4230 4231 4232 4233 4234 4235 4236 4237 4238 4239 4240 4241 4242 4243 4244 4245 4246 4247 4248 [4249] 4250 4251 4252 4253 4254 4255 4256 4257 4258 4259 4260 4261 4262 4263 4264 4265 4266 4267 4268 4269 4270 4271 4272 4273 4274 4275 4276 4277 4278 4279 4280 4281 4282 4283 4284 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: