Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:06:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 [4335] 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:49:40 PM

What do you guys think will come first?

0.02 or 5000 pages ?

Remember, the clock is ticking, 9 days left.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:54:53 PM

I've said my piece.  I can be ignored which is fine.

I'm not ignoring you  Wink (even though I may have drawn slightly different conclusions from recent events)

You've made some very important points and engendered a necessary debate about all this stuff.

"Points" as he's begging people to sell him all their dash. Ulterior motives abound.

MyFarm is quite concerning looking at his posts, his involvement in spreadcoin (drk clone?) coupled with saying he is in the old dashcoin and drk should pay them $1m, researching which lawyers are involved in the drk rebrand and asking a lot of legal questions, offering to buy people's dashcoins up (as I understand it) and saying that there might be legal challenges in the future lol?Huh
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:55:21 PM

I've read all your posts MyFarm and I can appreciate where you're coming from but I think you're taking a line of thinking that is classic big business / corporate boardroom style of modus operandi where corporate group-think rules and left-field innovation, brilliance and nimble responsiveness is basically trampled on. Some of what you're saying (about needing to get a high level "professional" in and ensure they're well paid) is the sort of line VCs or bankers would push when they're shelling out see capital. It's what an IBM would do to a small start up upon acquiring them and, in the process, the brilliant minds, advanced thinkers and the innovation would all exit stage right because they can't possibly exist amongst "the suits".

That's exactly my line of thinking and the direction I come from.  Brilliance and nimble responsiveness is not trampled on if the right person is brought in.  They just make sure mistakes like that of the last week are not made.  Being acquired by a large company and having a seasoned executive brought in so the startup doesn't make amateur mistakes are VERY different things.

As for Vertoe rage quitting, as I mentioned elsewhere, it wasn't this single instance that caused them to rage quit.  It was a host of issues building up over time.  A lack of communication and feeling of appreciation were paramount.  A good executive would also greatly reduce the chance of that happening again.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:01:17 PM

I'm not ignoring you  Wink (even though I may have drawn slightly different conclusions from recent events)

You've made some very important points and engendered a necessary debate about all this stuff.

"Points" as he's begging people to sell him all their dash. Ulterior motives abound.

MyFarm is quite concerning looking at his posts, his involvement in spreadcoin (drk clone?) coupled with saying he is in the old dashcoin and drk should pay them $1m, researching which lawyers are involved in the drk rebrand and asking a lot of legal questions, offering to buy people's dashcoins up (as I understand it) and saying that there might be legal challenges in the future lol?Huh

Jesus, you're all a bunch of dumbasses.  Do I really need to spell it out?

1.  I still own a lot of Darkcoin and want to protect my investment.
2.  Darkcoin has a very dubious legal, "Ownership" of the Dashcoin name. 
3.  That dubious ownership is being used to legally contest a trademark of a company with venture capital backers with deep pockets.
4.  Whoever owns the most Dashcoin can potentially make Darkcoin's entire legal argument moot.

Stop and think things through for a bit.

If Darkcoin would have properly taken over the coin, NONE of this would be transpiring.  If you had a seasoned business executive onboard, I assure you they would have made Darkcoin take over Dashcoin properly and it would have been done for insanely cheap.

Instead, I have to step in and protect my investment and Darkcoin from you dumbfucks.  If I'm going to do that, rest assured I'm going to prove a painful point in the process because I'm pretty pissed about having to do it.
BigTimeProducer

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:02:23 PM

lollolololoo
Thanks Daddy Warbucks!
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:04:14 PM

As for Vertoe rage quitting, as I mentioned elsewhere, it wasn't this single instance that caused them to rage quit.  It was a host of issues building up over time.  A lack of communication and feeling of appreciation were paramount.  A good executive would also greatly reduce the chance of that happening again.

This is very true.

The ONLY argument I have, is the way that vertoe left. He retaliated. And that showed the true character in him. Despite the talent, I care not for such weak morals.

Everyone and his dog called out to him and cool it off, to come back. He did have valid arguments, and I dont mean code.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:05:06 PM

Jesus, you're all a bunch of dumbasses.  Do I really need to spell it out?

1.  I still own a lot of Darkcoin and want to protect my investment.
2.  Darkcoin has a very dubious legal, "Ownership" of the Dashcoin name. 
3.  That dubious ownership is being used to legally contest a trademark of a company with venture capital backers with deep pockets.
4.  Whoever owns the most Dashcoin can potentially make Darkcoin's entire legal argument moot.

Stop and think things through for a bit.

If Darkcoin would have properly taken over the coin, NONE of this would be transpiring.  If you had a seasoned business executive onboard, I assure you they would have made Darkcoin take over Dashcoin properly and it would have been done for insanely cheap.

Instead, I have to step in and protect my investment and Darkcoin from you dumbfucks.  If I'm going to do that, rest assured I'm going to prove a painful point in the process because I'm pretty pissed about having to do it.

you addressed none of my points.  And you claim to be a drk investor even though you are heavily involved in a drk clone and you say things like 'If you had a seasoned bus exec' not 'if WE had a seasoned bus exec'...sorry just saying something stinks, but just my opinion and i'm often frank Smiley
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:06:32 PM

Jesus, you're all a bunch of dumbasses.  Do I really need to spell it out?

Excuse me... who went off crazy spinned out of his mind into SPR ?

this certainly IS dubious territory, thats the main reason we have a Foundation and lawyers into the mix ...  but seriously LOL .... you think buying 50%+ market cap of Dashcoin is any better ??

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:07:09 PM

As for Vertoe rage quitting, as I mentioned elsewhere, it wasn't this single instance that caused them to rage quit.  It was a host of issues building up over time.  A lack of communication and feeling of appreciation were paramount.  A good executive would also greatly reduce the chance of that happening again.

This is very true.

The ONLY argument I have, is the way that vertoe left. He retaliated. And that showed the true character in him. Despite the talent, I care not for such weak morals.

I agree the manner in which he quit was not the best.  But it happens, is understandable, and forgivable.  Hell, Steve Jobs sold every Apple share except one when he left the first time.

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:09:13 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 04:19:53 PM by g4q34g4qg47ww

I am really not on-board with the whole buying the other coins github, locking it and bulldozing that small community. I don't think he who owns the github gets to decide whether a coin is alive or not. I'm also not onboard with entering into legal battles with people who were rightfully using the name Dash, and who have about a dozen VC firms backing them up. What's the deal? Things were going so well.
Kienbui

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:09:30 PM

What do you guys think will come first?

0.02 or 5000 pages ?

Remember, the clock is ticking, 9 days left.

Very interesting question!

I think 5000 pages come first.
MyFarm

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:10:26 PM

Jesus, you're all a bunch of dumbasses.  Do I really need to spell it out?

Excuse me... who went off crazy spinned out of his mind into SPR ?

this certainly IS dubious territory, thats the main reason we have a Foundation and lawyers into the mix ...  but seriously LOL .... you think buying 50%+ market cap of Dashcoin is any better ??
I'm not 100% loyal to any digital currency, company, or asset.  Make no mistake, if a digital currency comes along and does what Darkcoin does, but better in all respects and Darkcoin doesn't properly counter, I'll kick Darkcoin to the curb.  And I'm constantly on the lookout for exactly that.

I'm an investor, not your friend.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:11:00 PM

I agree the manner in which he quit was not the best.  But it happens, is understandable, and forgivable.  Hell, Steve Jobs sold every Apple share except one when he left the first time.

Absolutely forgivable. If he would answer and dialogue!!  He's still listed in the official team! No-one wants him gone!

Everyone fucks up, I'm no exception. I'd gladly have him back, just not access to anything sensitive...

Anyone who behaves like he did is an instant natural liability.

Many are the cases of that true raw talent comes along with tempestuous personality. But he's no prodigy. There's lots of talent out there.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:11:06 PM

It is all smoke and mirrors. No worries.

Edit: Again, Bitcoin trademark owned by MtGox not people that buy or own Bitcoin. There is precedent, not really dubious territory at all:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10859773/Bitcoin-trademark-up-for-sale-at-580000.html

And as you can read in the article high profile lawyers with more experience than MyFarm already looked into the Bitcoin case.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:11:13 PM

I've read all your posts MyFarm and I can appreciate where you're coming from but I think you're taking a line of thinking that is classic big business / corporate boardroom style of modus operandi where corporate group-think rules and left-field innovation, brilliance and nimble responsiveness is basically trampled on. Some of what you're saying (about needing to get a high level "professional" in and ensure they're well paid) is the sort of line VCs or bankers would push when they're shelling out see capital. It's what an IBM would do to a small start up upon acquiring them and, in the process, the brilliant minds, advanced thinkers and the innovation would all exit stage right because they can't possibly exist amongst "the suits".

That's exactly my line of thinking and the direction I come from.  Brilliance and nimble responsiveness is not trampled on if the right person is brought in.  They just make sure mistakes like that of the last week are not made.  Being acquired by a large company and having a seasoned executive brought in so the startup doesn't make amateur mistakes are VERY different things.

Mmmm.....yes.....sort of.

I've just seen so many examples of "hired gun" personalities being brought in that then change the ethos and overall culture to a point where the nature of the beast changes substantially and (often) negatively. I think that has even more risk than us continuing on with Evan making the decisions he's making. Sometimes subtle intuition and quiet genius carries the day through the minefields better than someone with a more formal "best man for the job" approach that boards and shareholders demand (and I specifically said "man" and not "man/woman" because the prejudices so often at work with that sort of pressure being applied are usually extremely narrow-minded and negate female executive skill being brought in too). The risks you're highlighting though are very real and I'm not saying lets all just ignore the points you're making. Like Toknormal has said, they're important and a worthwhile part of this debate.

With regards to Vertoe, I wasn't there for whatever build up of issues over time he was experiencing. Regardless, just dumping a very large volume of DRK like that within a tiny market that can be affected by just one masternode being sold was a dramatic bridge-burning exit. That's a liability in any team and not something we would have wanted to continue on. Brilliant people can often be very flighty in their manner and style but there's a point at which they've crossed a line into "bad apple" territory and perhaps this is what we saw happen. I don't know, it's purely speculation on my part.

The important point in all this is to now focus on the future of Dash and go forward to support the team in everything they're doing. And I'd be pleased if you're here doing that (and disappointed if you're hedging in the background with greater emphasis on taking part in undermining activities against Dash).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:13:02 PM

you addressed none of my points.

Even so, MyFarm makes some points that are not unreasonable.

I've said before on this thread that I don't give a frig what the name is and none of us are in any position to rule out a challenge - it's something that's beyond our control.

It will all play itself out over the coming weeks and all I'm saying is I've got my seatbelt firmly fastened.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:14:27 PM

i would repost my short comic here for the people who are saying that darkcoin will simply rebrand to DASH..why the need for evan to buy github account? what would happen to DASH/DRK and dashcoin holders out there..go figure guys..
You are going to need to come up with something more unique than Dash, since Dashcoin already exists and other people will confuse it for this or simply call it dashcoin anyway!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232.0

There are thousands of failed altcoin projects by now, the names are starting to be like old domain names. The development team acquired the rights to the name from a small abandoned crypto project "Dashcoin" although it was never intended to use the suffix "coin".

Thus we are now DASH, but thanks for watching our backs, it is all taken care of though.

day 1

person a: what is DASH?

dark guy: digital cash..etc. etc.

person a: what is digital cash?

dark guy: well.....it is a cryptocurrency like bitcoin and litecoin

person a: so it is a coin?

dark guy:...yyyyyyes..

day 2

person a: hey person b i heard there is a coin out there named DASH, it claims to be anonymous etc.

person b: so how much is this DASH coin? a piece?..

person a: 3 bucks..... (person b buys)

day 3

person b: hey person c i bought some DASHcoin it is 3 bucks a piece, bought 10..that's 30 bucks   Cheesy

person c: WHAT! fucking rip off...i bought 10 million dashcoins for 1$ at poloniex.com

LOL

the original dashcoin logo

proposed DASH logo

[/quote]
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:16:22 PM

It is the investor's responsibility to do his own due diligence.

Teenagers on the other hand, jump in at the first dance-floor beat.

That is NOT the proposed logo. A series of them shall be presented for voting.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:22:19 PM

Darlidada, you are cool and everything, but try not to spam the thread, there is no need.  I assure you the crypto-not project can be successful on their own merits no need to spam here. You are welcome here, but we can discuss DASH here and we can discuss Cryptonote in any of their threads, that is what the forum is for.
HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:24:37 PM

toknormal, forgive me Smiley

********* AMBER ALERT ************
The number of subscribers on http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKcoin has skyrocketed in recent weeks from ~2700 to 5000 today.
Keep a close eye on this barometer.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Pages: « 1 ... 4285 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 [4335] 4336 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: