Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:51:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 [4336] 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:25:32 PM

I'm sure you are really happy with your investments, and thats good to hear.

But this is the drk/dash thread, not the general chat room for alts.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:25:48 PM

Interesting recent MyFarm quotes:

1. "Whoever owns the most Dashcoin can potentially make Darkcoin's entire legal argument moot."

2. "I SUSPECT that whoever owns 50.000000001% of Dashcoin is going to own the Dash financial trademark"

3. "Willing to buy up to 51% of all outstanding DSH at .00000025 XMR/DSH.  That is my bid on Poloniex, feel free to hit it"

4. (@dashcoin thread) "I only need 24 billion more.  At that point it becomes so much easier."

5. "...I have to step in and protect my investment and Darkcoin from you dumbfucks.  If I'm going to do that, rest assured I'm going to prove a painful point in the process because I'm pretty pissed about having to do it."

Just me and BigTimeProducer think something might be 'funny' here?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:28:14 PM

toknormal, forgive me Smiley

********* AMBER ALERT ************
The number of subscribers on http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKcoin has skyrocketed in recent weeks from ~2700 to 5000 today.
Keep a close eye on this barometer.

Be my guest !  Smiley
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:29:26 PM

It's why I said this to MyFarm:

The important point in all this is to now focus on the future of Dash and go forward to support the team in everything they're doing. And I'd be pleased if you're here doing that (and disappointed if you're hedging in the background with greater emphasis on taking part in undermining activities against Dash).

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:30:14 PM

He thinks there is going to be a famous MyFarm vs Dash case, that will be make into a movie and the MyFarm role is going to be played by Bradley Cooper.

But it really is not going to happen.

He can go buy the Bitcoin trademark too, after he is done buying all DSH. I must say that is a really nice gesture that he gave all DSH holders a nice exit in the name of the Darkcoin community. I do think that was nice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10859773/Bitcoin-trademark-up-for-sale-at-580000.html

RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:33:32 PM

He thinks there is going to be a famous MyFarm vs Dash case, that will be make into a movie and the MyFarm role is going to be played by Bradley Cooper.

He can go buy the Bitcoin trademark too, after he is done buying all DSH. I must say that is a really nice gesture that he gave all DSH holders a nice exit in the name of the Darkcoin community. I do think that was nice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/10859773/Bitcoin-trademark-up-for-sale-at-580000.html

MyFarm's clearly a serious investor and will be looking out for "number 1" (which is the usual driver of what makes most people tick....it's understandable)

So this...

I must say that is a really nice gesture that he gave all DSH holders a nice exit in the name of the Darkcoin community. I do think that was nice.

...will have an agenda and something to leverage off associated with it.

BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:35:38 PM

It's why I said this to MyFarm:

The important point in all this is to now focus on the future of Dash and go forward to support the team in everything they're doing. And I'd be pleased if you're here doing that (and disappointed if you're hedging in the background with greater emphasis on taking part in undermining activities against Dash).
Ok so people already new and I am late to catch on Cheesy

Yes it's dumb to think if you own 51% of a coin you own the trademark, maybe he thinks coins are companies where shares convey legal rights, IDK.  I'm ignoring....
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:37:05 PM

MyFarm's clearly a serious investor and will be looking out for "number 1" (which is the usual driver of what makes most people tick....it's understandable)

So this...

I must say that is a really nice gesture that he gave all DSH holders a nice exit in the name of the Darkcoin community. I do think that was nice.

No he does not get any leverage at all, 0. Other than trying to convey a feeling of uncertainty and fear into the more inexperienced holders. It is shameful, just like the whole SPR business, and now this. He is a vulture investor, which is fine but is not really my taste.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 04:40:16 PM

The latest shift for the Xpool Multipool paid out over 20+ DRK, 60+ BTCD, 120+ FIBRE & 0.115+ BTC.

** We are merge mining on all algos. X11: Unitus - SCRYPT: Dogecoin & ViaCoin & SysCoin & PesetaCoin & GreenCoin - SHA256: DevCoin & NameCoin.

Any problems, please PM as I may miss your post.

Cheers!

www.xpool.ca

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:43:55 PM

original dashcoin logo

Now if you're splitting hairs on copying shit, your thread, July 05, 2014, 06:31:39 AM, our original Darkcoin logo:

Really?
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:45:30 PM

So this...

No he does not get any leverage at all, 0. Other than trying to convey a feeling of uncertainty and fear into the more inexperienced holders. It is shameful, just like the whole SPR business, and now this. He is a vulture investor, which is fine but is not really my taste.

Yes.....as you say though, the movie with Brad Cooper should be riveting! Can hardly wait for its release!

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:46:25 PM

original dashcoin logo

Now if you're splitting hairs on copying shit, your thread, July 05, 2014, 06:31:39 AM, our original Darkcoin logo:

Really?

posted this earlier..anyway why people only notices the logo? how is my comic?  Wink
MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 04:57:15 PM

So this...

How you can conclude there is zero leverage when there is no legal precedent in this space is fascinating to me.

It's like when the domain name wars began.  There was no legal precedent as it was an emerging technology, but it sure ended up being created.

What I'd like to know is: how are the holders of a decentralized asset NOT the owners and in control who simply choose to allow the dev to do as they please as long as the community determine they're doing what is in the interest of the asset?  If the majority owners of a decentralized asset don't want their decentralized asset's trademark sold, can it be sold?  As far as I know, there is no legal precedent to answer this question.  Yet.

Ethically, not purchasing Dashcoin was a terrible decision.  What Darkcoin has done may very well be perfectly ok from a legal standpoint.  However, as there is zero legal precedent for decentralized assets, what I'm saying is the deep-pocketed company Darkcoin is picking a fight with may choose not to walk away from their trademark registration without a serious fight.  And that serious fight may result in legal precedent being set.  I'd be dumb not to buy a boatload of the very cheap underlying asset the fight is over just in case the legal precedent would be in my favor.

Or Darkcoin could properly acquire Dashcoin and close the potential argument of the opposing company.  There's two ways I can win.  Of course, I could be completely wrong, lose and very well may.  I lose more than I win.  But when I win, I tend to win big.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:01:40 PM

blah

We are not here to help you define your dumbass legal challenge to our own investment MyFarm lol.  From how you write about it you have the legal mind of a potato because owning % a coin conveys zero legal rights, give it a rest mate.  (or go pay a lawyer to tell you the same thing)
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:05:00 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 05:22:14 PM by Minotaur26

So this...

How you can conclude there is zero leverage when there is no legal precedent in this space is fascinating to me.

It's like when the domain name wars began.  There was no legal precedent as it was an emerging technology, but it sure ended up being created.

What I'd like to know is: how are the holders of a decentralized asset NOT the owners and in control who simply choose to allow the dev to do as they please as long as the community determine they're doing what is in the interest of the asset?  If the majority owners of a decentralized asset don't want their decentralized asset's trademark sold, can it be sold?

Ethically, not purchasing Dashcoin was a terrible decision.  What Darkcoin has done may very well be perfectly ok from a legal standpoint.  However, as there is zero legal precedent for decentralized assets, what I'm saying is the deep-pocketed company Darkcoin is picking a fight with may choose not to walk away from their trademark registration without a serious fight.  And that serious fight may result in legal precedent being set.  I'd be dumb not to buy a boatload of the underlying asset the fight is over just in case the legal precedent would be in my favor.

But there is legal precedent. I don't know if it was new information to you and you are still processing, but the Bitcoin trademark is owned by MtGox, not any of the Bitcoin holders. It has been reviewed by high profile lawyers and they still concluded MtGox can sell the trademark without asking any of the BTC holders. When you get coins you get property, not any voting rights as you said so yourself.  Plus you just own X amount of the DSH in existence, not the future emission and  DSH could print a Super Block with  1000000000 Billion coins and then what?  It is just not as you initially thought.

Instead of constantly trying to take advantage of vulnerable situations. Would it hurt to use all this experience and capital to actually help in a positive way for once?
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:06:29 PM

What I'd like to know is: how are the holders of a decentralized asset NOT the owners and in control who simply choose to allow the dev to do as they please as long as the community determine they're doing what is in the interest of the asset?  If the majority owners of a decentralized asset don't want their decentralized asset's trademark sold, can it be sold?  As far as I know, there is no legal precedent to answer this question.  Yet.

Ethically, not purchasing Dashcoin was a terrible decision.  What Darkcoin has done may very well be perfectly ok from a legal standpoint.  However, as there is zero legal precedent for decentralized assets, what I'm saying is the deep-pocketed company Darkcoin is picking a fight with may choose not to walk away from their trademark registration without a serious fight.  And that serious fight may result in legal precedent being set.  I'd be dumb not to buy a boatload of the very cheap underlying asset the fight is over just in case the legal precedent would be in my favor.

I hope you know how to code and stuff because it only takes a couple lines of code to render those gazillion coins null because the network is no longer there.

It seems to me you need devs a whole lot more than you think. Remember, this is their project/hobby/passion, not yours or ours. We may be crazy fanatical and loyal to a fault, but they are the ones that work for mostly free and created our fun from
Code:
RenegadeMan

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:09:03 PM

blah

We are not hear to help you define your dumbass legal challenge to our own investment MyFarm lol.  From how you write about it you have the legal mind of a potato because owning a coin confers zero legal rights, give it a rest mate.  

I think that's a little harsh BlockaFett. It's an understandable response to MyFarm, but he clearly has a far greater handle on legal issues than a potato! (obviously)

His points are important and his take on the situation is worthy of discussion. My concern (and by now most other DRK/DASH community members' concern) is whether his potential to use his possible Dashcoin >51% position to somehow set up a legal precedent against DRK/DASH has any legs (and furthermore is of obvious dubious moral value). I agree his line of thinking (coin holders have as much right to the IP as the original dev) is way out there and not likely to be taken too seriously but, this discussion is an important one and needs to be had (even though there's potentially more uncertainty being raised we have to get past it).

MyFarm

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:10:21 PM

So this...

It's like when the domain name wars began.  There was no legal precedent as it was an emerging technology, but it sure ended up being created.

What I'd like to know is: how are the holders of a decentralized asset NOT the owners and in control who simply choose to allow the dev to do as they please as long as the community determine they're doing what is in the interest of the asset?  If the majority owners of a decentralized asset don't want their decentralized asset's trademark sold, can it be sold?

Ethically, not purchasing Dashcoin was a terrible decision.  What Darkcoin has done may very well be perfectly ok from a legal standpoint.  However, as there is zero legal precedent for decentralized assets, what I'm saying is the deep-pocketed company Darkcoin is picking a fight with may choose not to walk away from their trademark registration without a serious fight.  And that serious fight may result in legal precedent being set.  I'd be dumb not to buy a boatload of the underlying asset the fight is over just in case the legal precedent would be in my favor.

But there is legal precedent. I don't know if it was new information to you and you are still processing, but the Bitcoin trademark is owned by MtGox, not any of the Bitcoin holders. It has been reviewed by high profile lawyers and they still concluded MtGox can sell the trademark without asking any of the BTC holders. When you get coins you get property, not any voting rights as you said so yourself.  Plus you just own X amount of the DSH in existence, not the future emission and  DSH could print a Super Block with  1000000000 Billion coins and then what?  It is just not as you initially thought.

Instead of constantly trying to take advantage of vulnerable situations. Would it hurt to use all this experience and capital to actually help in a positive way for once?
Hmmm.  So the bitcoin trademark is less than 1 million dollars?  How about I use my capital in a positive way, purchase the bitcoin trademark, and we rename Darkcoin to Bitcoin, send a cease and desist to all bitcoin holders/exchanges/companies and this entire argument is moot?

And just because some high profile lawyers deemed something to be so doesn't mean it is.  There has been no case law.  No case law means no legal precedent.  And this case isn't exactly like the bitcoin case.  There are some very important differences.
BlockaFett

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:11:23 PM

Hmmm.  So the bitcoin trademark is less than 1 million dollars?  How about I use my capital in a positive way, purchase the bitcoin trademark, and we rename Darkcoin to Bitcoin, send a cease and desist to all bitcoin holders/exchanges/companies and this entire argument is moot?

And just because some high profile lawyers deemed something to be so doesn't mean it is.  There has been no case law.  No case law means no legal precedent.  And this case isn't exactly like the bitcoin case.  There are some very important differences.

My farm you can't cease and desist people who bought property to stop using their property that's called property law!  You are thinking of incorporated companies with shares and confused. Stop using legal terms if you don't have the first clue how they apply in law!
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 05:13:11 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 05:35:45 PM by Minotaur26

So this...

What I'd like to know is: how are the holders of a decentralized asset NOT the owners and in control who simply choose to allow the dev to do as they please as long as the community determine they're doing what is in the interest of the asset?  If the majority owners of a decentralized asset don't want their decentralized asset's trademark sold, can it be sold?

Ethically, not purchasing Dashcoin was a terrible decision.  What Darkcoin has done may very well be perfectly ok from a legal standpoint.  However, as there is zero legal precedent for decentralized assets, what I'm saying is the deep-pocketed company Darkcoin is picking a fight with may choose not to walk away from their trademark registration without a serious fight.  And that serious fight may result in legal precedent being set.  I'd be dumb not to buy a boatload of the underlying asset the fight is over just in case the legal precedent would be in my favor.

But there is legal precedent. I don't know if it was new information to you and you are still processing, but the Bitcoin trademark is owned by MtGox, not any of the Bitcoin holders. It has been reviewed by high profile lawyers and they still concluded MtGox can sell the trademark without asking any of the BTC holders. When you get coins you get property, not any voting rights as you said so yourself. Plus you just own X amount of the DSH in existence, not the future emission and  DSH could print a Super Block with  1000000000 Billion coins and then what?  It is just not as you initially thought.

Hmmm.  So the bitcoin trademark is less than 1 million dollars?  How about I use my capital in a positive way, purchase the bitcoin trademark, and we rename Darkcoin to Bitcoin, send a cease and desist to all bitcoin holders/exchanges/companies and this entire argument is moot?

And just because some high profile lawyers deemed something to be so doesn't mean it is.  There has been no case law.  No case law means no legal precedent.  And this case isn't exactly like the bitcoin case.  There are some very important differences.

Well there is no convincing you, so what can we do.  Good luck with your taking advantage of those in vulnerable situations it must be great for your spirit.

Edit: Plus there is legal precedence as the  Mtgox  bankruptcy case is a formal legal case where the trademark is being authorized to be sold as part of the liquidation of assets of the company. The process is being advance in front of a judge and guess what not even the MtGox BTC holders get the money, the creditors will get the trademark money
Pages: « 1 ... 4286 4287 4288 4289 4290 4291 4292 4293 4294 4295 4296 4297 4298 4299 4300 4301 4302 4303 4304 4305 4306 4307 4308 4309 4310 4311 4312 4313 4314 4315 4316 4317 4318 4319 4320 4321 4322 4323 4324 4325 4326 4327 4328 4329 4330 4331 4332 4333 4334 4335 [4336] 4337 4338 4339 4340 4341 4342 4343 4344 4345 4346 4347 4348 4349 4350 4351 4352 4353 4354 4355 4356 4357 4358 4359 4360 4361 4362 4363 4364 4365 4366 4367 4368 4369 4370 4371 4372 4373 4374 4375 4376 4377 4378 4379 4380 4381 4382 4383 4384 4385 4386 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: