Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 11:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 [5146] 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:18:48 AM

Woozek23, no, I'm not the coinmine.pl admin. I do not hold any miningpool TBH.

Thanks for letting me know Slawek.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:40:00 AM

So, any long term negative price movement indicates that something is rotten.

Just to put things in perspective, I happen to remember around this time last year (possibly August) a similar price drift-down to around 0.003 and me scooping up a pile at that price.

So here we are exactly a year later, back from holidays, same price drift-down except this time to 0.009 - a 300% gain on last years summer "drift-down". So using your theory in converse that must mean that "any long term positive price movement indicates that something is healthy".

Don't get me wrong - there is never room for complacency in crypto and you make a very good point about promotion having to match development. It does look to me like that's very much on the cards though - Amsterdam presentation, "official" video and subsequent planned distribution of that.

I think you're just rattled that Otoh decided to offload a few thousand of his holdings and punctured the 1 support in doing so. As I said above, you have my respect for that position, but the real time to be rattled is when the fundamentals and the market trend are in agreement - i.e. when the project is going sh*t and everybody starts cashing out. Thats not what's happened here. What's happened is:

- a large holder decided to reposition their holdings more optimally from their perspective and they found buyers for their trade and they could be transparent about it.

To me, thats cause for confidence, not worry.

while I have zero reasons to doubt him (and I do not doubt him) isn't it naive of anyone to believe in anyone's benevolence?

I suppose so - these things can only work themselves out over time. All I can say is I once shared a pizza with him and he didn’t exactly strike me as “dangerous” Wink

Whatever is going with the price, whatever is the reason behind -- strategic positioning of one investor, intended manipulation of another, dropping of illegals obtained, hijacked DASH you fill in the blanks -- this points to an intrinsic weakness of the whole project

First of all, I don't think that malevolent miner thing has anything to do with this price drop - it's just a distraction. ALL miners dump all the time whether they're legit or not legit so I'd just forget about that. I watched the trades and they were very specific - ~1000 Dash at a time for a fixed time period. Miners dump much more granularly and over longer periods of time - they don't stand out like that. So I'd say the movement from 0.01 to 0.009 is almost all Otoh's repositioning. Just look at the volume chart on cryptsy - it stands out like a skyscraper in a desert.

Secondly - a movement of barely 10%-15% for a known trader performing a favourable repositioning (in terms of trading sentiment) is not very much. I think people are more freaked out by the symbolic breach of the 0.01 support line - if it had gone from 0.0128 to 0.015 they'd hardly have barked.

Thirdly - I don't think people realise how much of a symbiotic relationship any cryptocurrency has with the fortunes of the cryptocurrency market as a whole (and in that regard I mean bitcoin). Take a look at the 12 to 18 month history of any altcoin, in particular the older ones such as Peercoin (PPC) and you'll see that we're to a large extent bucking the trend.

Having said all that, I respect your points on promotion and market buoyancy. Someone has to be the voice of non-complacency and for the moment you're it, so I'm grateful in that regard even though you're currently "out" (despite referring to the project numerous times in the first person plural  Wink ).
wozzek23

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 10:48:00 AM

Again, all very valid points Tok, thanks. (what Tok wrote is above, so no need to quote big blocks of text)

To clarify - I am not "rattled" by Otoh's selling or buying. Don Corleone teachings: "It does not matter to me what a man does for living," is an approach I agree to. So, in order to celebrate your optimistic view and sober evaluation of what's going on I am going to make the biggest mistake an investor could be making and am back, based on your words. And I will not even blame you if this thing goes back to 0.003   Wink

/ being "in" again makes me more comfortable in voicing a non-complacency views, once I have a stake in an asset I comment on /
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:13:52 AM

To clarify - I am not "rattled" by Otoh's selling or buying. Don Corleone teachings: "It does not matter to me what a man does for living," is an approach I agree to. So, in order to celebrate your optimistic view and sober evaluation of what's going on I am going to make the biggest mistake an investor could be making and am back, based on your words.

Ok you've made me nervous now since apparently you're about to put your money where my mouth is, so I think I'll give you some trading advice to mitigate my guilt in case it all goes Pete Tong.

(Sorry if you're already on the case and I'm teaching my "granny to suck eggs" but just in case it's of assistance....)

... as far as trading momentum goes, both the 1-hour and 4-hour charts are still pretty raw. The shorter range indicators however are starting to turn up, though we can't fully tell if this is the bottom till the longer ones start to confirm which won't be for another day or two (or 5 !). I would only make a minority entry to start with (say 25% of your proposed buy) and then let the 1-hour chart (e.g. the 1-hour MACD histogram) come round (this takes patience and steady nerves because sometime the market can appear to be "jumping up" on temporary lower-order panic buy cycles). When it starts to stabilise, enter with another 25% and make sure it goes to green (the 1-hour MACD histogram that is). Then wait with the other 50% till the 4-hour correction is almost fully complete before you start spending the other half of your investment.

Once you're "all in", monitor the 1 and 4 hour charts for comfort - to check that there's no trend reversal on the cards.

As I say - just my 10cents and I'm sure others may offer equally valid or better alternative approaches. Always do what feels most in your own comfort zone ! Smiley
alex-ru
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:44:34 AM

Total Masternodes: 3038 = 3038 actives  Grin

Somebody just wants to accumulate more cheap Masternodes.  Grin

(Some minutes ago number went back to 3016 - Who is playing games?  Cool)

Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:51:46 AM

Moli posted this
http://biersteker.tweakblogs.net/blog/11915/hidden-cryptominers-in-game-torrents
at dashtalk. I think that is reason for dash price going down. ( everyday sells )
According to your link, it looks like he is active on this pool https://www2.coinmine.pl/dash/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool  with names
 overvlad
 overbtc12345
 overcoinvlad
 overbtc123
 overcoin

...and there are probably more of them
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:53:36 AM

Just to put things in perspective, I happen to remember around this time last year (possibly August) a similar price drift-down to around 0.003
So here we are exactly a year later, back from holidays,

Not everyone is back yet. Cannot send any btc to exchange now and can only watch this show.
Xdragon

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:57:48 AM

Just to put things in perspective, I happen to remember around this time last year (possibly August) a similar price drift-down to around 0.003

Not everyone is back yet. Cannot send any btc to exchange now and can only watch this show.

Where it is Montenegro, Croatia?
r4vani

Activity: 348

Play Poker Games at Bitoker.com

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 11:58:12 AM

it's new? and what is it? Shocked

BITOKER.COM[

Enjoy the ultimate online play bitcoin poker
Anonymous  /  US Player Friendly  /  Instant Play
[

]
sangoku

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 12:01:29 PM

Where are the beautiful ladies ? I see only fat men

DΛSH is digital cash. Transactions are obscured in the blockchain, making them private from the wallet. You can send Dash to family or friends, or pay for goods or services, anywhere in the world. DΛSH Anonymous and Untraceable. The Perfect Digital Cash And The Best Way To Protect Your Privacy https://www.dashpay.io DΛSH is 59.5 times faster with syncing and updating  than Monero.
My DΛSH Address: XgF6sNzGHU58dn36WsC16no9FHct6nPeZD
johnambush

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:14:57 PM

Croatia...my country Cheesy
dihydrogenmonoxide

Activity: 197
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:35:29 PM

it's new? and what is it? Shocked

Like it states: It's syncing the masternode winners list, the replacement for the reference node Smiley

"The best way to convince a fool that he is wrong is to let him have his own way." - Josh Billings
tombtc

Activity: 471

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:45:57 PM

Where it is Montenegro, Croatia?

Hvar, Croatia.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:58:35 PM

Which Cryptocurrency Should You Invest In?
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/09/07/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest-in/

PUBLISHED BY
Sarah Jenn
She loves DASH and mathematics.
 Wink
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 01:28:53 PM

Which Cryptocurrency Should You Invest In?
http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/09/07/which-cryptocurrency-should-you-invest-in/

PUBLISHED BY
Sarah Jenn
She loves DASH and mathematics.
 Wink

Could she get our name right?? ugh

----------------
These days you have bitcoin, litecoin, darkcoin, dogecoin, and many others to choose from. Which one should you invest in?
----------------

edit: - uh, it doesn't say anything useful....

lol
is this the most hilarious news update EVER ??
lol
what are they doing in that office ?
smoking crank ?
 Wink
wozzek23

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:26:40 PM

... as far as trading momentum goes, both the 1-hour and 4-hour charts are still pretty raw. The shorter range indicators however are starting to turn up, though we can't fully tell if this is the bottom till the longer ones start to confirm which won't be for another day or two (or 5 !). I would only make a minority entry to start with (say 25% of your proposed buy) and then let the 1-hour chart (e.g. the 1-hour MACD histogram) come round (this takes patience and steady nerves because sometime the market can appear to be "jumping up" on temporary lower-order panic buy cycles). When it starts to stabilise, enter with another 25% and make sure it goes to green (the 1-hour MACD histogram that is). Then wait with the other 50% till the 4-hour correction is almost fully complete before you start spending the other half of your investment.

Thanks for your tech analysis Tok. However, this concerns me most:

First of all, I don't think that malevolent miner thing has anything to do with this price drop - it's just a distraction. ALL miners dump all the time whether they're legit or not legit so I'd just forget about that. I watched the trades and they were very specific - ~1000 Dash at a time for a fixed time period. Miners dump much more granularly and over longer periods of time - they don't stand out like that. So I'd say the movement from 0.01 to 0.009 is almost all Otoh's repositioning. Just look at the volume chart on cryptsy - it stands out like a skyscraper in a desert.

See, I do worry about it.

I am - like 99% of the people - a n00b. I have no clue what all all these fancy terms mean, mining, whining, you name it. I hear that an asset, a network of some strange "Masternodes", a crypto environment I am (the n00b) consider investing into but am hearing about something "malevolent" in the eco-system of this esoteric investment at the same time the value of the potential investment is going down.

So I, the n00b, will stay put for I do not understand what's (really) going on.

Before the smarter of me start with even smarter remarks, allow me to remind all of us that we're talking abut that famous "adoption" that should come from the n00bs that have no clue about the tech behind DASH and only want to use a useful, SAFE substitute to cash / currencies / money. They might think someone is stealing the very investment they consider investing into. They have no clue about differences in between "honest" miners and "malevolent" miners...

This does worry me greatly.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:31:04 PM

Dash's NBT (Next Big Thing)  will be revealed 7th of october 2015 and appearently consists of a juicy 50 pages of whitepaper.
Exciting times ahead...

Actually this paper is quite special and we're going to release this the correct way. This is going to be huge  Wink

When Evan says something is going to be huge, I listen. The man does not exaggerate. (The last "huge" thing, IIRC, was InstantX. That should be a good comparative!)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 02:47:49 PM

Forwarding the info from dashcurex.com

Hello friends,

We are happy to announce that you can now trade on BTC/DASH pair. Smiley

BTC deposits and withdrawals are carried out by Bitcurex, please check out this simple GUIDE how to export accounts and transfer funds between services (instant and free).

Minimum BTC price - 0,0001 BTC
Minimum offer value - 0,0001 BTC

Next step: InstantX Smiley

Hope you like it!

oryginal post here: https://dashtalk.org/posts/66626/

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
xsedivy

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:10:50 PM

Hi folks, I just finalized wallet translation into Slovak on Transifex, so hopefully it'll be integrated into the next version Wink Cheers
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 03:15:59 PM

See, I do worry about it.

I am - like 99% of the people - a n00b. I have no clue what all all these fancy terms mean, mining, whining, you name it. I hear that an asset, a network of some strange "Masternodes", a crypto environment I am (the n00b) consider investing into but am hearing about something "malevolent" in the eco-system of this esoteric investment at the same time the value of the potential investment is going down.

So I, the n00b, will stay put for I do not understand what's (really) going on.

Before the smarter of me start with even smarter remarks, allow me to remind all of us that we're talking abut that famous "adoption" that should come from the n00bs that have no clue about the tech behind DASH and only want to use a useful, SAFE substitute to cash / currencies / money. They might think someone is stealing the very investment they consider investing into. They have no clue about differences in between "honest" miners and "malevolent" miners...

This does worry me greatly.

Fair enough. It's always better to be concerned and vigilant than laid back in this business, but I'll just explain the logic behind my remarks.

The reason I didn't get too concerned about that report of "hidden miners" is that cryptocurrencies are an open, decentralised kind of thing. That means that everybody, whomsoever, wherever, whenever is free to mine them - and that includes mining viruses disguised as video games.

Secondly, people seem worried about those miners accumulating much coin and "dumping" because they have a high hashrate. But I couldn't care a monkeys about that either because the coin emission is the same whatever the hashrate is. If it wasn't those bot miners it would be somebody else. In fact it's good that the coin is getting a high hashrate - it shows that Duffanomics is working in that miners have not been discincentivised despite sharing the reward with other network service contributors - be they realtime ones or strategic ones.

Thirdly, the "malevolent" aspect of those bots is not directed at Dash, the cryptocurrency, it is being directed at the poor sods playing Grand Theft Auto who don't realise they're not getting full whack out of their GPU since while they're busy running from cops their GPU's busy mining Dash - not on their behalf.

So the "malevolence" of these bot miners is not directed at the cryptocurrency itself. There is no illegitemacy in terms of protocol, no rules are broken, no extra supply is created etc. It's a case of one person stealing another's computer for a while to mine on. Worry if you play a lot of Grand Theft Auto.

Pages: « 1 ... 5096 5097 5098 5099 5100 5101 5102 5103 5104 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 [5146] 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: