Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:44:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 [5155] 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:45:34 PM

you actualy love Dash but want cheap coins

I'd put that mouldy clown on ignore and not quote him if I were you. His patter is already fungus-ridden from over use.

ddlink made a long post which makes for quite profound reading. Let it not be lost amongst the nonsense.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:57:16 PM

trolls are good for one thing and one thing only :

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 03:59:19 PM

trolls are good for one thing and one thing only :

unifying and strenghtening a community

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
valentino008

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:01:43 PM

you actualy love Dash but want cheap coins

I'd put that mouldy clown on ignore and not quote him if I were you. His patter is already fungus-ridden from over use.

ddlink made a long post which makes for quite profound reading. Let it not be lost amongst the nonsense.

He's is a nob i know,i want to iritate him in saying he love's Dash,i will repeat the message over and over again so it will frustrate the hell out of him,hahahahahaha. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Maybe if i can find the time i will setup a blog where we can anoy the Dash haters here that come here over and over again saying the same things that are not true.(icebreaker included).
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:10:22 PM

Guys, there was a service which accepted the paypal payment in change of dash....
Do you remember the address of this site?

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dazbarlby

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:11:33 PM

Great Post... Bump...

Evan has recently hinted at some earth shattering new things that are coming to Dash. In his own words: "Let's just say we're changing our tagline from 'Reinventing cryptographic currency' to 'Reinventing Money.'"

The last time he got so excited about something, we ended up with InstantX. The time before, we ended up with Darksend and a two-tier network. Just because I enjoy speculating, I've gone back through Evan's posts, both here and on dashtalk, and came up with some ideas.

Part of the Big Thing (TM) that's coming is apparently related to confirmationless wallets which would make 51% attacks impossible:

The goal is to make a confirmationless wallet, where all transactions are protected by IX. 51% attacks become much less powerful in that case, they can't really touch IX. That would protect our millions of users we're currently shooting for (valid / non-illegal users btw), which leaves an attacker one option... to buy masternodes to attack Dash. We know how that will go.

We really do have an end-to-end solution to all problems within crypto now. I'm working on a 50+ page whitepaper that details the rest of the solution, I'm quite excited about it   Grin

Here's another one for good measure. We have sub-quorums for super secure tasks, but we could implement full-quorum based actions the masternode network can take as a whole. For example, banning attacking pools from the network, people, countries, etc.

This alone would be HUGE. All Proof of Work currencies are plagued by the threat of a bad actor (or several in collusion) wrecking the network by double-spending or other malicious behavior which is made possible when they control 51%+ of the network's hashrate. Our very own currency is no exception: coinmine.pl has had over 50% of the hashrate for many weeks now, with no signs of that changing anytime soon.

The Duff apparently hasn't stopped with just one Big Thing but has come up with a second major idea as well:

Dash v13 will have a different type of blinding. I've reinvented the way it works and it's a million times better, literally. It's going to be really slick.

Some sort of improved masternode blinding system will enhance the privacy of Darksend by not allowing masternode operators to "snoop" on any mixing that is happening on their masternode. When successfully implemented, this will take Dash's privacy features to the next level.

The combination of these two things, and possibly more? leads to Evan's comment about not just reinventing crypto, but reinventing money itself! Apparently he's confident enough to put his money where his mouth is:

Well, I'm a buyer. I'm pulling out part of my savings and putting in back in. This is nuts.

And in addition to buying his own product/currency (dogfooding as the tech industry calls it), has spent his own money to improve Dash in other ways too:

When we had originally setup the foundation we had hoped at some point we could be paid back for the incorporation and legal fees. Originally when it was set up, Ed Moncada of the foundation funded it from his own pocket, which was paid to our lawyer Harold. A few months later, I agreed to pay Ed back out of my own pocket, which was $7000.

And:

The community originally was working on the electrum client, but eventually we realized that the project had stalled out. I offered to put up a bounty for $750 for the completion of this project.

And:

My wife and I are personally covering about 50% of the expenses for this trip beyond what’s needed for me to get there and give the presentation.

With respect to branding and PR:

Meh, we haven't done any brand building yet. That's the next step in our evolution, we'll show up in all of the right places soon enough

In the more distant future, we know that Evan also has a plan for greater scalability. When asked how many transactions per second Dash might be able to support someday, he replied:

The design in my head is nearly unlimited. Smiley

More specifically, with respect to scalability, we have a hint at how it might be implemented:

https://youtu.be/YozN5VX1VU4  100 IX transactions in 10 seconds using my new "sendtoaddressix" command

We know that InstantX requires the participation of 20 masternodes, and that as of 9/10/15 there are 3050 masternodes, and that each masternode can participate in multiple IntantX quorums. We'll see what exactly Evan comes up with, but it sounds like the masternode network is pretty much limitless in terms of its ability to send InstantX transactions.

He says even more about scalability here:

As for our position in this debate, we’re not in any immediate danger and have a plan for how to deal with this issue when it comes up. In fact we’re already planning the tools for how we will support a massive amount of transactions. What if we kept the blocksize limit at 1MB and had a great wallet for general users that used off-chain transactions the majority of the time? As a result we would have a small blockchain, low fees and nearly limitless transaction support. The goal is to stay lean and allow for growth at the same time.

Additionally, we know from the Let's Talk Bitcoin interview that Evan is working on some form of blockchain pruning, which would go hand-in-hand with the transaction-per-second improvements. He talks more about it on BCT as well:

That's the on-chain size, but by then we'll have pruning. So we'll just be storing unspent outputs. Even if the blockchain is a terabyte pruned, it's only being stored by the masternodes on this separate chain.

Additionally, we have the Decentralized Governance By Blockchain (DGBB) fully implemented now, where the Dash network will itself pay for the development and promotion of the Dash ecosystem, pending approval by the masternodes. This system has only just launched, and like the launch of masternodes a year ago, I think we have only begun to see the possible uses for it.

We aren't 100% sure when The Future of Dash (including the two new whitepapers) will be released. Many of us were thinking that he would announce everything and release the whitepapers to coincide with his October 7 speech at Bitcoin Wednesday in the Netherlands, but after rereading all his posts I don't see any confirmation of this. The only thing we know is:

Actually this paper is quite special and we're going to release this the correct way. This is going to be huge

Evan implies that everything that has been accomplished with Dash so far has just been a matter of laying a foundation. In a move that went largely unnoticed, Evan reinvented the way development works by creating a professional project management team and:

As a decentralized, open source project one of the greatest challenges is coordinating a distributed team and making sure we work according to industry standards. Thanks to the efforts of our project management team we have implemented a full suite of professional tools to ensure delivery excellence.

JIRA - an industry leading tool - will be used for assisting the development and quality assurance by organizing to-dos and prioritizing issues. It will also be open up to the public so the community can easily help in bug testing/reporting.
JIRA Service Desk addon will handle community submissions to the teams working on Dash, whether they be bugs, ideas, or suggestions.
Confluence will be used for both internal and external documentation, with the intention of improving overall project documentation, and having a central place where community members can find information.
Confluence Questions will be used as a place where community members can ask and answer questions about Dash. It's like a community maintained FAQ, where both team and community members can contribute by answering the questions raised. Combined with the superb search functionality of Confluence this tool can be used as the central place for distributed knowledge related to Dash.
Bamboo will be used by the development team for automated tests and builds
The entire platform is professionally hosted by Atlassian with multiple administrators on the team to provide redundancy. There is still a lot of work to do but we are taking firm steps in this direction.

The truly extraordinary things are to come:

What's really cool is we will use this to expand the narrative to the general public, create a great website and make some really easy conversation pathways to get people into the ecosystem. When we see some price appreciation, we'll actually have more money to work with, that will allow us to do even more and use better services and reward those that work on the project to a greater extent.

And:

We are officially the most decentralized project in crypto and probably even the world? We're planning on solving all of the problems in crypto in ways that are scalable and decentralized and believe we have the solutions for these already, unlike Bitcoin, with centralized Lightning, centralized mixing, centralized instant transactions, soon to be centralized infrastructure (larger blocks will create that),  centralized governance and centralized funding.

And:

By the way, we have the technology we need now to show the world, the killer app for Bitcoin is Dash. We are Bitcoin 2.0. We can't allow something to take over that is so centralized by design, when there are other far superior ways of doing things. The future needs pure decentralized system. We also now have a very stable foundation to work with, while we implement the next generation of crypto. Buckle your seat belts, we're ready to go

And, responding to a troll on BCT:

The true irony is knowing about this project so early in it's life and not seeing what is right in front of you. That's going to sting in five years...

With respect to trolling:

FUD is what powers Dash. I've gotten a bunch of ideas from it including the one about the masternode network being an active force to deflect attack. Keep it coming people

Regarding skeptics like Peter Todd:

I think he just didn't understand the masternode quorum system's security model, it's not very complicated but it's a brand new model compared to the blockchain. That's OK, the nice thing is DarkSend, InstantX and the governance system will work whether he understands them or not. It took years for the general public to understand that Bitcoin wasn't a scam/breakable, it will probably take the same amount of time. I'm going to start doing a lot more presentations and videos about how all of this works to educate, hopefully that helps.

I think we can safely say that the next year or two is going to bring about big things for Dash. I also want to be clear about something: this is no longer a one-man project. I quoted only Evan, because that was the purpose of my post. Evan is essentially the genius visionary behind the project. But there are many developers, testers, project managers, writers, public relations workers, legal experts and the like who are working to improve Dash as well.

This project has matured far beyond one man. A combination of our large core team and Decentralized Governance By Blockchain system gets us past the "what happens if Evan gets hit by a bus" stage!
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:16:43 PM

Guys, there was a service which accepted the paypal payment in change of dash....

they are now https://wesellcrypto.com/
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:29:12 PM

they are now https://wesellcrypto.com/
thnx woozek Wink
LOL they are quite expensive Sad
pitty that shapeshift does not accept paypal hmmmm.... yet ... Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
dashwhale

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:12:10 PM

Dashwhale.org masternode monitoring Android app released

Paregov did some awesome work with this app. Please have a look at it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.paregov.android.dashwhalemonitor

Best,
Rango

P.S. Somebody seems to have disabled image posting for my account  Sad In case somebody want's to post the screenshot of the app on behalf of me: https://www.dashwhale.org/downloads/dw_screenshot4.png
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:13:19 PM

Dash-only exchange! I deposited, sold, and withdrew without any problems. There is a decent buy order there for 100 DASH at .01 ATM. Let's get some volume over there!

https://dashcurex.com/buysellview/?market=BTC

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:14:35 PM

Dashwhale.org masternode monitoring Android app released

Paregov did some awesome work with this app. Please have a look at it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.paregov.android.dashwhalemonitor

Best,
Rango

P.S. Somebody seems to have disabled image posting for my account  Sad In case somebody want's to post the screenshot of the app on behalf of me:
FTFY! Cheers!

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:35:34 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 06:54:03 PM by qwizzie

CoinWallet.eu's No Stress Test .. Honestly, is pretty hilarious :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175321.0  / CoinWallet.eu Stress Test Cancelled + Bitcoin Giveaway
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175973.0 /  Coinwallet continues its giveaway/spam by revealing hundreds of private keys

Edit 1

Wait a second : Mangled Blue is that you in there ?  No wonder it got so silent in here..  Roll Eyes
well, at least you are promoting Dash in there... with your signature Tongue

Edit 2

+ AlexGr
+ Oblox
+ ddink7

damn, our Dash community is transgressing towards the Bitcoin community .. come backkkkkk !!!!  Angry  Angry   Grin

Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:43:43 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 07:15:42 PM by Solarminer

Btw, I am trying to import one of them free priv keys Wink
Dude I'm importing them all.  lol  My wallet can hardly handle it.  Well actually it can't.
Got some btc buts its conflicting when I send it and disappearing from the wallet all the time,
 figured I would be too late  Roll Eyes

This dude keeps robbing me blind  Grin
1Efci3dbnS9E77BEhyY4LMkjrvCx5LDDMW

I got some too, but I dont hold high hopes to be in time to claim by sending it off.
There are more private keys released if you want to keep trying.

This is the stress test.  They are just having anyone that wants to claim the bitcoin do the test for them.  Plus now there are multiple users trying to get the same transactions.  Smart in a way.  So we had a backlog of 60MB(10hrs) of transactions last night.  Now we are at 160MB(26.6hrs).  It looks like the back log increases an hour every hour.  Anyone actually wanting to send bitcoin should raise the fee to at least .00004, this will need to be higher as the test goes on.

For anyone interested, each private key is filled with .00001 transactions.  You can only transfer about 675 inputs out at at time, which is about $1 in BTC after fees.  You spend your time selecting inputs and waiting for the wallet to manage the enormous amount of inputs.  By sending BTC you are feeding the test and delaying transactions.

Edit:  Corrected Fee that was off by a decimal point.  And has now increase to .0000483.
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:53:56 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175321.0  / CoinWallet.eu Stress Test Cancelled + Bitcoin Giveaway
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175973.0 /  Coinwallet continues its giveaway/spam by revealing hundreds of private keys

Edit 1

Wait a second : Mangled Blue is that you in there ?  Grin No wonder it got so silent in here..  Roll Eyes

Edit 2

+ AlexGr
+ Oblox
+ ddink7

damn, our Dash community is transgressing towards the Bitcoin community .. come backkkkkk !!!!  Angry  Angry   Grin
Depends on how you look at it.  Does DASH do well if Bitcoin dies from this test?

I am so conflicted.  Free BTC while causing havoc with the bitcoin network, possibly helping DASH.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:56:08 PM

Edit 1

Wait a second : Mangled Blue is that you in there ?  Grin No wonder it got so silent in here..  Roll Eyes

Edit 2

+ AlexGr
+ Oblox
+ ddink7

Depends on how you look at it.  Does DASH do well if Bitcoin dies from this test?

I am so conflicted.  Free BTC while causing havoc with the bitcoin network, possibly helping DASH.

i thought about it and i feel its our duty to help the bitcoin community out, we should all grab some of those private keys
We are after all part of one big happy family..

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:57:59 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175321.0  / CoinWallet.eu Stress Test Cancelled + Bitcoin Giveaway
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175973.0 /  Coinwallet continues its giveaway/spam by revealing hundreds of private keys

Edit 1

Wait a second : Mangled Blue is that you in there ?  Grin No wonder it got so silent in here..  Roll Eyes

Edit 2

+ AlexGr
+ Oblox
+ ddink7

damn, our Dash community is transgressing towards the Bitcoin community .. come backkkkkk !!!!  Angry  Angry   Grin
Depends on how you look at it.  Does DASH do well if Bitcoin dies from this test?

I am so conflicted.  Free BTC while causing havoc with the bitcoin network, possibly helping DASH.

If DASH had a higher fiat exchange activity than the majority of the volume priced in BTC, yes, it could be beneficial but right now, fiat follows the BTC rate and when BTC is at risk, it's not good for any of the alts priced in BTC.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 06:58:22 PM
Last edit: September 10, 2015, 07:14:57 PM by eduffield

Edit 1

Edit 2

+ AlexGr
+ Oblox
+ ddink7

Depends on how you look at it.  Does DASH do well if Bitcoin dies from this test?

Yes. They are finding the issues but not the solutions 

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:00:42 PM

For anyone interested, each private key is filled with .00001 transactions.  You can only transfer about 675 inputs out at at time, which is about $1 in BTC after fees.  You spend your time selecting inputs and waiting for the wallet to manage the enormous amount of inputs.  By sending BTC you are feeding the test and delaying transactions.

I need to transfer some BTC of Poloniex to a cold wallet. Is there any problem doing that while all this is going on ? (If it's a regular transaction - not one with hundreds of inputs and outputs).
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:01:36 PM

For anyone interested, each private key is filled with .00001 transactions.  You can only transfer about 675 inputs out at at time, which is about $1 in BTC after fees.  You spend your time selecting inputs and waiting for the wallet to manage the enormous amount of inputs.  By sending BTC you are feeding the test and delaying transactions.

I need to transfer some BTC of Poloniex to a cold wallet. Is there any problem doing that while all this is going on ? (If it's a regular transaction - not one with hundreds of inputs and outputs).

Up your TX fee so you get priority in a block.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 07:10:43 PM

For anyone interested, each private key is filled with .00001 transactions.  You can only transfer about 675 inputs out at at time, which is about $1 in BTC after fees.  You spend your time selecting inputs and waiting for the wallet to manage the enormous amount of inputs.  By sending BTC you are feeding the test and delaying transactions.

Up your TX fee so you get priority in a block.

from dazbarlby : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1175321.msg12384136#msg12384136

It looks like the back log increases an hour every hour.  Anyone actually wanting to send bitcoin should raise the fee to at least .00004, this will need to be higher as the test goes on.

I hate to see anyone get stuck trying to convert BTC into Dash through an exchange and getting stuck on their BTC on too low fees somehow ...

Pages: « 1 ... 5105 5106 5107 5108 5109 5110 5111 5112 5113 5114 5115 5116 5117 5118 5119 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 [5155] 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: