Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:57:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 [5170] 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:25:55 PM

Damn , this looks sick and awesome Grin I wish Bitcoin was working on the same way . Thanks both Taylor05 & Solarminer .
last question , When you guys say that I need 1000 Dash which is basically equal to 10 BTC , does it mean that I need to spend them or something ? or I can keep those on my wallet and use them once I stop using Masternodes
Exactly, keep them. Your masternode is alive as long as you have 1000 in your wallet.you can spend them normally.

yep, keep them safe in a cold wallet.

Now another last question lol Shocked User above said :

Running a masternode is work... you have to keep it updated, monitor it, and pay to host it,

What does that means exactly (I get the hosting part), I mean it's not like Bitcoin node  ? just opening ports and running the wallet all the time ?

it means you will need to find änd hire a VPN server (some 5$ per month), install  firewall, install Dash software and upgrade the Dash software in case of new Dash versions (or in case of upgrades on your rented server) .
These VPN servers normally have a variety of OS to choose from, we normally choose Linux. There are some good manuals on Dashtalk which describes every step to take.

https://dashtalk.org/forums/masternode-guides.66/

My advice, read through this manual to get a feeling whats needed  : TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES  
https://dashtalk.org/threads/taos-masternode-setup-guide-for-dummies.2680/

And see my signature for some basic Linux commands to use in case of upgrading a masternode ...

Awesome stuff man , I really regret that I didn't go into Darkcoin when it first was released It's always like that .. I always see the potentional on something when it's too late . Sad anyway thank you again
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:41:47 PM

Damn , this looks sick and awesome Grin I wish Bitcoin was working on the same way . Thanks both Taylor05 & Solarminer .
last question , When you guys say that I need 1000 Dash which is basically equal to 10 BTC , does it mean that I need to spend them or something ? or I can keep those on my wallet and use them once I stop using Masternodes
Exactly, keep them. Your masternode is alive as long as you have 1000 in your wallet.you can spend them normally.

Running a masternode is work... you have to keep it updated, monitor it, and pay to host it,

What does that means exactly (I get the hosting part), I mean it's not like Bitcoin node  ? just opening ports and running the wallet all the time ?

it means you will need to find änd hire a VPN server (some 5$ per month), install  firewall, install Dash software and upgrade the Dash software in case of new Dash versions (or in case of upgrades on your rented server) .
These VPN servers normally have a variety of OS to choose from, we normally choose Linux. There are some good manuals on Dashtalk which describes every step to take.

My advice, read through this manual to get a feeling whats needed  : TAO'S MASTERNODE SETUP GUIDE FOR DUMMIES  

And see my signature for some basic Linux commands to use in case of upgrading a masternode ...

Awesome stuff man , I really regret that I didn't go into Darkcoin when it first was released It's always like that .. I always see the potentional on something when it's too late . Sad anyway thank you again
Too late?!? It's just the begining! Smiley
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:47:25 PM

I'am not sure what's your definition of being late on the Cryptoo currency world but for what comes to mine then it's being late for being able to mine using your PC Grin
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 08:03:54 PM

Congratulations to all involved in that fantastic promotional video! It was well worth the wait. It is now being used in the Dash Twitter PR Initiative, with new followers given a link to check out the vid. It should keep a steady stream of eyeballs on it. LOVE the end, with the classic Dash to Cash flip! Beautiful.

Top job, all, really fantastic!

pille

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:06:19 PM

I want to say that I'm currently pretty happy with the masternode bandwith. After 14 days this month they have used 25GB, a little less, a little more, so my 100GB limit is not in danger. Thank you Evan and the Core Team for everything.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 08:08:17 PM

Hello guys,

Here is a new promo for you at https://www.dashcurex.com, our exchange dedicated to Dash:

Lower fees and free weekends!

0,15% - from 8k DASH volume monthly

0% - weekends

Promo is valid until further notice.

Smiley
Bumped for visibility. Dash-only exchange! Free trading on weekends! Soon to implement InstantX! Let's get some volume there... Thanks, Dashcurex!

kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 08:34:53 PM

I'am not sure what's your definition of being late on the Cryptoo currency world but for what comes to mine then it's being late for being able to mine using your PC Grin
Well, if you wont get some penny with your PC there are a lot of joke coins out there to mine. But if you want invest in something serious, if not the best coin, Dash is that, with his enormous technical and economic potential... the begining of a new world.  Cheesy
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:12:50 PM

snip

After all the hills and valleys - YEP - GREAT TIME TO BUY

My break even is at $4 a coin - so - you'll be better off than me - lol
[/quote]

Lucky SOB...my cost basis is $6.88 apiece!! I discovered Dash (aka Darkcoin) too early--wish I wouldn't have found it until now =) haha

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
WastedLTC

Activity: 776
Merit: 536

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:15:26 PM

Congratulations to all involved in that fantastic promotional video! It was well worth the wait. It is now being used in the Dash Twitter PR Initiative, with new followers given a link to check out the vid. It should keep a steady stream of eyeballs on it. LOVE the end, with the classic Dash to Cash flip! Beautiful.

Top job, all, really fantastic!

Agreed,   well done!   
Starin

Activity: 266

Infected Mushroom

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 09:27:26 PM

Hello guys,

Here is a new promo for you at https://www.dashcurex.com, our exchange dedicated to Dash:

0% - weekends

Smiley
Bumped for visibility. Dash-only exchange! Free trading on weekends! Soon to implement InstantX! Let's get some volume there... Thanks, Dashcurex!

I really liked the site's idea too, but the design is awful. If they fix that and make it look professional, I am sure the exchange will get a lot of volume. Also adding alt pairs would be cool too (if that is not the future development).

dazbarlby

Activity: 460

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 09:54:48 PM

Bump... @eduffield can you please add this video to the OP.
Official Newcomer Introductory Video Release

One of our main objectives going forward is sharing the good work we are doing in Dash with the public. Part of our vision is to cultivate adoption of this ecosystem through education, promotion and engagement of potential users on the benefits of cryptocurrencies and the functionality our solutions enable. This is very important for the future of the Dash project.

More info: https://dashtalk.org/threads/official-newcomer-introductory-video-release.6142/#post-67122

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GACaNvBlwc

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 10:16:26 PM

New “Getting Started” Section for Newcomers

One of our main goals going forward is to raise awareness about the advantages of digital currencies and the Dash project. We felt our website dashpay.io was really missing a lot of information on the project, so that newcomers either to the world of crypto or to the community could easily understand what we are doing and what are the main advantages and differentiators of Dash.

More Info: https://dashtalk.org/threads/new-getting-started-section-for-newcomers.6145/

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:22:13 PM

What a great promotional video! Excellent work and it will surely help many new (and old!) users to cryptocurrencies in general and Dash in particular! With the promotion budget approved, I'd love to see more high quality pieces like this come out  Cool
italeffect

Activity: 255

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:39:43 PM

I don't know about you all... but I'm getting excited.

Dash: Xdopotr3eAHpsSCMkUyU2YWP3WQWb5X3t8
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:47:19 PM

why?
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:04:47 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2015, 11:28:13 PM by stealth923

Congrats to the Dash team, great video and excited about the amazing things to come!

Well done.

Edit: And we are at another Masternode record 3097!!
razen489

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:22:39 AM

Nice! Meanwhile DASH price still holding in above 0.01 BTC https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/dash/btc
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 12:30:09 AM

Hello guys,

0% - weekends

Smiley

I really liked the site's idea too, but the design is awful. If they fix that and make it look professional, I am sure the exchange will get a lot of volume. Also adding alt pairs would be cool too (if that is not the future development).
I agree with you. They have told me that they are working on the websites design. They have an opportunity here to win a lot of marketshare so they need to listen to those complaints. I'll keep on them.

Follow them on Twitter @Dashcurex for updates.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:18:24 AM

I don't see why it's "too late"?  There has hardly been any attention given to Dash/Darkcoin.  The price is extremely low.  For most people in the world, a masternode is well within reach, but totally not required.  Hell, I'd buy $5 worth and tuck it away somewhere, you might have a leg up in a few years.  I bought a few, 10-20, and given them to my nephews.  Of course, we're stone cold broke, so that was all I could do, but I'm hoping that it will turn into something that might help them buy themselves something nice in a few years too Smiley  And, though everything I have is also the kid's, I've just made them wallets, each one, and am putting 10 coins in each so that they might have a nice chunk of money to pay back for never getting any allowance, LOL.  Only have one kid still in High School, none of them ever got allowance.  Poor things.  So here is my chance to make up for that Smiley

You have to understand, Dash intends to become the #1 currency in the world for everyone, EVERYONE to use.  Think on that.  Even if we only get 1/100th of the world's population to use Dash, that's 70 million people.  Using Dash for everyday expenses, because Dash is the only coin with instant transactions, and the only coin with such a mature network that you know your coins are safe.  There is no way anyone can catch up now.

So too late?  Ha!  It won't be too late for some time still Smiley  Because we're not going to stop growing and offering better and better services.  Because Dash has a way to raise funds, not through altruism but through the blockchain, reliably and consistantly to fund projects that improve and support the Dash network.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 04:28:03 AM

Oh gosh, that was never a money maker.  That was pure luck for those who mined in the begining, and those people didn't know what they had, they all sold it.  And they had expensive equipment.  They already put a lot of money into it and didn't have the luxury to hold, most of them.  It wasn't their mindset anyway.  Evan bought up coins like crazy in the begining, I think because he couldn't mine up as much as he wanted to himself.  There was already competition with those people with the equipment.  That was their thing.  I was there from the begining, but my little PCs all trying to mine, LOL, I made a little over 1500 coins all together, then bought the rest to enable me to have 2 masternodes.  Then sold what I earned to pay back what I bought (thank god I was able to)  So no, mining wasn't the way in, but rather - those who heard Evan's vision, and followed, and bought coins - those are the ones who hold a lot of coins right now.  And many of them bought at a much higher price than it is right now.  But we're so enamored with the long term goal of this project that we don't even seem to care about price anymore.  We're not doing anything with the coins anyway, it's all about the end game for us.

Well, a lot of us, LOL, I'm sure not all of us ;P

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Pages: « 1 ... 5120 5121 5122 5123 5124 5125 5126 5127 5128 5129 5130 5131 5132 5133 5134 5135 5136 5137 5138 5139 5140 5141 5142 5143 5144 5145 5146 5147 5148 5149 5150 5151 5152 5153 5154 5155 5156 5157 5158 5159 5160 5161 5162 5163 5164 5165 5166 5167 5168 5169 [5170] 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: