Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:20:43 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 [5216] 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722683 times)
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:42:25 AM

I cannot recommend this unit highly enough if anyone is brave enough to order a ton of ASICs.  Plug in a beefy power supply and you can run 49 USB miners at once.  Back in the day, this was a goldmine!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 12:58:01 AM

^

I was a big fan of Darkcoin/Dash in the past. If i remember correctly, i was the one that revived the whole name changing thing last year and i was very glad that it finally happened, although i thought for a while that Dash sounded pretty stupid.

I admit the fact that i find Evan to be a hard working and talented guy, but he did some big mistakes in the beginning, whether intentional or not, that made this whole project look very shady. The kind of suspicion that will always shadow over the innovations that this guy is bringing.

We all remember that in 2014, the main traits of a scam coin were: "Instamine" (happened with Dash), "Reduction of supply" (happened with Dash) and "Rebranding" (happened with Dash). The thing is that in 2014 we were all naive and beginners in the altcoin scene and maybe Evan saw that and took advantage of it, without ever imagining the repercussions that he would suffer after. This is the story of a visionary young man that started a project with a lot of greed in his mind.

I always thought that the only way to change this is for Evan to quit this project and start another one with a clean distribution and conscience. The current marketcap is at 13.5 million dollars, which should never be a problem considering that Bitcoin is about to fork with a 3.5 billion marketcap. Yes, some people would suffer as a result of this, but not many. 13.5 million dollars in marketcap is nothing. Start another blockchain, use the same code/vision and simply own the altcoin scene, unless you still want to make a lot of profit from those masternodes and you just cannot stop.

If that happens, i will be the first one to invest all my money into it. Probably many more after me...
Agree with everything you said here except bolded.

Am I trip'n or what??

You agree that Evan should quit??

what has this thread come to
Huh

I must say Tao I was somewhat alarmed too. Maybe you didn't think through your "agree with everything except..." statement terribly well?
That is an opinion for a solution, which would clean the slate. I know it will never happen, but if it did, Evan could start fresh, free of the mistakes of the past.

I don't think Evan should quit, I should clarify. EDIT: I've altered my post.

RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 12:59:41 AM

I will delete my response  - as I think RenegadeMan would also if you wish to reconsider your statement(s)

I'm deleting my comment now.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:05:58 AM

I always thought that the only way to change this is for Evan to quit this project and start another one with a clean distribution and conscience....

Thoughtful remark. As it happens I think Satoshi should have just "quit" and start again with a properly fungible 2-tier network that would have saved us all a lot of time and effort. While we're at it - all those perfectly launched coins with nice emmission curves that had 100's of thousands of dollars invested in them and then went straight to zero could also ideally just have "expired" prior to ripping off their holders.

Although there is some tiny semblance of merit to what your proposing within the incestuous confines of bitcointalk, be advised that the general public 'out there' regard all of crypto as 'instamined'. Nothing to do with stumbling starts - just that nobody told them about it and there's about 7 billion of them and about 5 thousand of "us" (if you're lucky).

If there's one thing thats for sure, it's that if any of these projects make it out of the "nursery", it won't be the one with the 'perfect launch'. It will be the one that best addresses all the challenges that face a fledgling monetary token in a way that markets evaluate as having a future viability.

As for distribution - if you think that a mining emissions curve has a hope in hell of having anything to say about a "clean distribution" in a market of this size and age then I urge you to have a go at sweeping a porch in a tornado. It might help you to put a few things in perspective. Over the last year anyone that wanted to has been able - and still can - to pick up practically any amount of alt coin for peanuts. Emissions curves are one route to distribution but thats all they are. Markets are another and are equally viable, if not more so, because they price in all that has gone on in that coin's history.

If crypto’s ever get anywhere near the levels of valuation and liquidity that the holders with their tongues hanging down to the floor are anticipating, then emissions curves may become far more important, obviously. But the idea of ditching as promising a technology as this in its early stages when there is no other competitor anywhere near it would have been sheer idiocy - for developers AND investors.
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:07:32 AM

^

I was a big fan of Darkcoin/Dash in the past. If i remember correctly, i was the one that revived the whole name changing thing last year and i was very glad that it finally happened, although i thought for a while that Dash sounded pretty stupid.

I admit the fact that i find Evan to be a hard working and talented guy, but he did some big mistakes in the beginning, whether intentional or not, that made this whole project look very shady. The kind of suspicion that will always shadow over the innovations that this guy is bringing.

We all remember that in 2014, the main traits of a scam coin were: "Instamine" (happened with Dash), "Reduction of supply" (happened with Dash) and "Rebranding" (happened with Dash). The thing is that in 2014 we were all naive and beginners in the altcoin scene and maybe Evan saw that and took advantage of it, without ever imagining the repercussions that he would suffer after. This is the story of a visionary young man that started a project with a lot of greed in his mind.

I always thought that the only way to change this is for Evan to quit this project and start another one with a clean distribution and conscience. The current marketcap is at 13.5 million dollars, which should never be a problem considering that Bitcoin is about to fork with a 3.5 billion marketcap. Yes, some people would suffer as a result of this, but not many. 13.5 million dollars in marketcap is nothing. Start another blockchain, use the same code/vision and simply own the altcoin scene, unless you still want to make a lot of profit from those masternodes and you just cannot stop.

If that happens, i will be the first one to invest all my money into it. Probably many more after me...

Core developer and frontier miner in dash  deserve to  big reward whether it is instamine or not.
If big holder of dash dump dash, this coin will die.
frontier miner had good profit in last year pumping.  
It is dumping time these days.  Good luck... sell many coins now if you have initial mined coin with 500 reward per block.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:25:51 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:15:15 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:38:46 AM

Or is this the second inverse shoulder of the inverse head and shoulders pattern that started on the 6th of August?

I think you can save your breath.

smoothe's probably got enough worrying to do about his own bags right now.

Sir Alpha_goy

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:01:10 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 09:14:26 PM by Sir Alpha_goy

thimo

Activity: 490

thimo the dev

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:17:13 AM

seems the end of DASH is coming Sad
loved this coin tho

i can rent this1
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:23:45 AM

If their specs are correct, overclocked to 400MHz (and cooled very well!) will produce 9M hash, or about .16 dash per day at current difficulty.

ROI in about 110 days if diff stays in the same ranges (doubtful. will probably be double or triple that depending on how many come online.)
(each stick represents about 0.01385% of the current total network hash)

I'd grab a couple for $39...... lol take my money please!  Where to order?

https://squareup.com/market/pinidea

YOUR ORDER #XXXX WILL BE READY BY OCT 03

Can't wait to see what this will do....

Already Out of stock. ..??... Hmmm was interested to suport the network... But it was only shiping for US residents?.. Grrrr
Did we know how many did they have/sold in total? And if they will have more?

Also they say "dash miner" and not X11 miner  Wink
BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:27:30 AM

Just like I said about a week ago...

Price is starting to roll over.  Trend broken and head and shoulders broken, look out down below...

https://i.imgur.com/lNJTd4N.png

Or is this the second inverse shoulder of the inverse head and shoulders pattern that started on the 6th of August?

If volume clears 20k DASH in the next few days from cowards bailing and price snaps back to .018 then I say game on.

Then you can meet me back over in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1118138.140 and we can discuss what happened when the bottom didn't fall out.

If I'm wrong still come back and tell me I was a fool for not listening to you.

In the end its all in good fun  Grin

Ignore that Monero hater, price goes down 1% on Dash and they come here saying crap like this, but then price goes down 10% on Monero and it's good time to accumulate.
I guess the monero bull run is not in play...

more time for people to accumulate.

Ofcourse they also come here since their ANN thread is dead so they spam others as well

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:38:31 AM

^

Agree with everything you said here except bolded.

Am I trip'n or what??

You agree that Evan should quit??

what has this thread come to
Huh

WOW -- this is getting really interesting now, since the biggest cheerleader(s) agree(s) with the smarter piece of anti-propaganda thus far.

At this moment, it seems, the DASH's destiny is indeed completely linked with Even and his decisions. (perhaps Richard would be also able to destroy DASH by dumping his masternodes) So, the risk - and with it a potential risk reward ratio - is increasing every passing day. The advances on the tech side were staggering and really revolutionary so I ask myself, what if the "revolution" (IX, Darksend, Decentralized...) arrived too early and there were no people ready to join it? With the world's insanity focus moving from egregious financial crimes toward even worse migrant crisis in Europe and by far the worst, pan-American war(s) against the Middle East that might escalate in more proxy wars against Russia and China, the people could not care less about the "revolution" they do not understand?

On the bad side of this: trading volume is pathetic. Market cap is irrelevant. A long time #4 is now a #6. A delusional idea that "scarcity" (more coins locked in, OK, placed in MNs = increased price) will result in the rise in the DASH's value is slowly being destroyed. Just think:

DATA:            September 27th, 2015       March 19th, 2015 (a few days after re-branding)
Price in BTC         0.0100800                       0.01215272  (17.05% loss since)
Price in USD         $2.35                             $3.11          (24.43% loss since)
Trading volume     50,584                           151,886        (66.69% decrease)
MN coins %          54.20%                          45.27%        (19.72% increase)    
Dashtalk members  3,314                             2,602          (27.36% increase)

When I look at - highly unscientific - correlation in between the six months long price drop and # of MN rise it seems to me DASH has became a "niche" of a very narrow group of people having MN income, increasing the number of MN (coinmine.pl gets 56% of all coins), making even more DASH, selling the DASH thusly decreasing its price in both BTC and USD terms. The rest are dreamers or speculators, all of whom hope for the price to go up. There isn't an instrument of short-selling the DASH so one can't really gauge the real market value of this asset. So, near-term price movement is completely let to the whim of a few people willing to play with a few thousands of dollars.

On the good side, again, the efforts Evan and the development team is putting into this is heroic. A perpetuum mobile - funding via MN income - might be enough to keep this project going for months and months if not longer (unless the price drops below $1.00 when all bet would be off) so, we're back again to Evan. A "young man" (he's 35) seems to have the money to live independently of his DASH holdings (his financial background) and it seems he is totally undisturbed with day to day or month to month price movements (he does seem puzzled over it, though) and his long-term outlook will come into play soon.

Decentralized governance, at the end, depends on a few people: Evan who's the father of all of this, Richard and several other big investors and the influence a few prominent Foundation members are having over Evan's decisions. My own take is still that this project has 40% - 60% chances of a long-term survival and I will be keep nibbling back, but as a cold hearted investor yet again, and not as someone who loved Darkcoin and was ready to fight 'til the end for it, if its idea were to be to change the world, fight for the financial freedom and against the Financial Crime Cartel etc.

As such, as the BTC competitor that DASH in its core is going to be, it still has a chance for huge profits but these chances might be diminishing daily. Only the time will tell. I had to lower my exposure to DASH, as the percentage of my overall portfolio, to the amount I am ready to lose in its entirety.

I am very, very curious to see how this will develop... for I have no clue Smiley Smiley
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:43:48 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 08:02:47 AM by TanteStefana2

I always thought that the only way to change this is for Evan to quit this project and start another one with a clean distribution and conscience....

Thoughtful remark. As it happens I think Satoshi should have just "quit" and start again with a properly fungible 2-tier network that would have saved us all a lot of time and effort. While we're at it - all those perfectly launched coins with nice emmission curves that had 100's of thousands of dollars invested in them and then went straight to zero could also ideally just have "expired" prior to ripping off their holders.

Although there is some tiny semblance of merit to what your proposing within the incestuous confines of bitcointalk, be advised that the general public 'out there' regard all of crypto as 'instamined'. Nothing to do with stumbling starts - just that nobody told them about it and there's about 7 billion of them and about 5 thousand of "us" (if you're lucky).

If there's one thing thats for sure, it's that if any of these projects make it out of the "nursery", it won't be the one with the 'perfect launch'. It will be the one that best addresses all the challenges that face a fledgling monetary token in a way that markets evaluate as having a future viability.

As for distribution - if you think that a mining emissions curve has a hope in hell of having anything to say about a "clean distribution" in a market of this size and age then I urge you to have a go at sweeping a porch in a tornado. It might help you to put a few things in perspective. Over the last year anyone that wanted to has been able - and still can - to pick up practically any amount of alt coin for peanuts. Emissions curves are one route to distribution but thats all they are. Markets are another and are equally viable, if not more so, because they price in all that has gone on in that coin's history.

If crypto’s ever get anywhere near the levels of valuation and liquidity that the holders with their tongues hanging down to the floor are anticipating, then emissions curves may become far more important, obviously. But the idea of ditching as promising a technology as this in its early stages when there is no other competitor anywhere near it would have been sheer idiocy - for developers AND investors.

Exactly.  The whole subject is completely stupid.  What matters is that Dash is being developed at super speed and nobody will catch up with us.  Nobody can duplicate us either because we have the most secure network via the heavy investment and commitment locked inside Masternodes and high hash rates (though we do have too much hash on coinmine.pl.)  This will all work itself out in the end though.

Everything else doesn't have anything to do with the security and functioning of Dash, and in the end, what Dash can do is all that matters.  So you can be petty and say "I didn't get in on this early like these other lucky people" or you can get with the program.  

I couldn't figure out mining in time and got none of the spillage.  And it was over 2 months before I learned you could rent servers to mine.  By then, it was too late.  In the end, I only mined up about 1500 coins, buying the rest I needed for my second masternode.  1000 coins, my son bought at my suggestion at over $4 a coin.  That's how it goes.  If I had money I'd be buying up like crazy.  (we're broke, except for what I initially invested - then luckily, was able to pull out and pay back again - then spent on bills, and I mean broke) My sister buys us ground beef at costco, my mom slips me $5 every once in a while so I can buy myself a coveted diet coke because it's not in the budget.  It's seriously sad over here, but we survive and are holding on to our dilapidated old house, yaay!  But the last thing I'd do is complain, because this is so exciting and awesome and I got in on it!  It's wonderful!  If I had $6k, and discovered Dash now, I'd invest immediately. and that's the truth!

Whining just leaves you in the dust buddy.

And for Evan to start all over again would be nothing short of stupid. (Edit: misunderstood)  Number of coins doesn't matter, what matters is how much money it takes to grab enough Masternodes to have a chance at successfully attacking the network.  You can always add zeros to the number of coins.  And right now, that's pretty much impossible.  THAT is all that matters regarding the price.  

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:58:16 AM

If their specs are correct, overclocked to 400MHz (and cooled very well!) will produce 9M hash, or about .16 dash per day at current difficulty.

ROI in about 110 days if diff stays in the same ranges (doubtful. will probably be double or triple that depending on how many come online.)

This could be really good for the network specially for that price, is really accessible for anyone.  Lets see what happens.
Its interesting on a number of fronts, this would mean someone believes in Dash enough to throw quite a lot of investment money and time into it, as Dash is the number one X11 coin (only other high volume mining option is startcoin?)

You know what they say about something when it seems to good to be true!
Looking forward to the feedback on this, TIA.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:18:08 AM

This could be really good for the network specially for that price, is really accessible for anyone.  Lets see what happens.
Its interesting on a number of fronts, this would mean someone believes in Dash enough to throw quite a lot of investment money and time into it, as Dash is the number one X11 coin (only other high volume mining option is startcoin?)

You know what they say about something when it seems to good to be true!
Looking forward to the feedback on this, TIA.

October 3 is quite fast, maybe this is the reason for the hash increase from one entity on coinmine.pl?  I really should stop mining, it's such a waste of time and energy, LOL.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:03:24 AM

I only mined up about 1500 coins, buying the rest I needed for my second masternode.  1000 coins, my son bought at my suggestion at over $4 a coin.  That's how it goes.  If I had money I'd be buying up like crazy.  (we're broke, except for what I initially invested - then luckily, was able to pull out and pay back again - then spent on bills, and I mean broke) My sister buys us ground beef at costco, my mom slips me $5 every once in a while so I can buy myself a coveted diet coke because it's not in the budget.  It's seriously sad over here, but we survive and are holding on to our dilapidated old house, yaay!  But the last thing I'd do is complain, because this is so exciting and awesome and I got in on it!  It's wonderful!  If I had $6k, and discovered Dash now, I'd invest immediately. and that's the truth!

I'm not quite sure if it would be healthy to wish you to end up a new DASH-illionaire because I do not see your approach as being any different that that of a Gambler. (Dostoyevsky's Gambler http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2197, that is)

But than, it would be unfair. You shared your situation and your hopes and who am I to doubt you? I can only take what you wrote - I am aware this might sound awfully cynical but honest to god I am feeling sad and not cynical at all - as an investment advice. As much as you told your son to buy at $4.00 and caused him a paper loss of 41% thus far, your suggestion to buy now ("if I had...") tells me I have to wait until the price is well below 0.01 BTC before buying more.

DASH might end up being the best financial tool that there is, I don't doubt its potential, but it will not replace any other forms of money that are out-there, not during our life spans. It might end up being co-opted in the overall financial structure of this world or be destroyed. Most likely outcome - it will be one of the many financial tools, alongside the dollar or whatever comes after it, BTC or whatever comes after it, or gold, milk, cell phone minutes or anything else one human is willing to exchange with another...

If you'd want to be both philosophical and productive, think of the origins of the money. The debit is in the very core of the idea of money and its very existence and try to fit the DASH into that wast equation...
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:05:15 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 09:20:04 AM by TanteStefana2

I only mined up about 1500 coins, buying the rest I needed for my second masternode.  1000 coins, my son bought at my suggestion at over $4 a coin.  That's how it goes.  If I had money I'd be buying up like crazy.  (we're broke, except for what I initially invested - then luckily, was able to pull out and pay back again - then spent on bills, and I mean broke) My sister buys us ground beef at costco, my mom slips me $5 every once in a while so I can buy myself a coveted diet coke because it's not in the budget.  It's seriously sad over here, but we survive and are holding on to our dilapidated old house, yaay!  But the last thing I'd do is complain, because this is so exciting and awesome and I got in on it!  It's wonderful!  If I had $6k, and discovered Dash now, I'd invest immediately. and that's the truth!

I'm not quite sure if it would be healthy to wish you to end up a new DASH-illionaire because I do not see your approach as being any different that that of a Gambler. (Dostoyevsky's Gambler http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/2197, that is)

But than, it would be unfair. You shared your situation and your hopes and who am I to doubt you? I can only take what you wrote - I am aware this might sound awfully cynical but honest to god I am feeling sad and not cynical at all - as an investment advice. As much as you told your son to buy at $4.00 and caused him a paper loss of 41% thus far, your suggestion to buy now ("if I had...") tells me I have to wait until the price is well below 0.01 BTC before buying more.

DASH might end up being the best financial tool that there is, I don't doubt its potential, but it will not replace any other forms of money that are out-there, not during our life spans. It might end up being co-opted in the overall financial structure of this world or be destroyed. Most likely outcome - it will be one of the many financial tools, alongside the dollar or whatever comes after it, BTC or whatever comes after it, or gold, milk, cell phone minutes or anything else one human is willing to exchange with another...

If you'd want to be both philosophical and productive, think of the origins of the money. The debit is in the very core of the idea of money and its very existence and try to fit the DASH into that wast equation...

Not really gambling, at least not with any money, as I've returned the money I had purchased my ~500 coins with, but I did talk my son into buying in so I do hope it will go up again.  Regardless, Dash isn't going anywhere, IMO, and it will be a great service some day.  Ultimately, what I have, I got without any cash investment (well, it was paid back)  But I will feel bad if my son loses his investment.  I don't think he will though, and he can afford to.

Don't be sad, I was the bread winner, then I became sick, shit happens.  Hubby working on his career but dedicated his life to our son, who is autistic but ended up amazing and the most well rounded incredible person I've ever met!  I chose well for my husband.  Money is far from everything!  Life is good, don't be sad!

The point was that the reason I don't put my money where my mouth is is because I can't Cheesy  I honestly can't Smiley

I think I dwell on this too much, but it's because I feel so guilty that I can't constantly tip, etc... I'm trying to build up a few extra dash for monthly expenses all the time, so I cling to them, LOL, and feel like a nasty miser.  So yah, I divulge too much information, but it's kind of guilt driven, sorry!

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:09:31 AM

On the good side, again, the efforts Evan and the development team is putting into this is heroic. A perpetuum mobile - funding via MN income - might be enough to keep this project going for months and months...As such, as the BTC competitor that DASH in its core is going to be, it still has a chance for huge profits but these chances might be diminishing daily.

Interesting post wozzek23. I won't reproduce our well rehearsed exchanges, but I think I need to point out that your appraisal seems to be missing one core aspect - your own view of a technical ideal. i.e. if you don't have a vision to act as a reference for where you think a project like this 'should be going' (other than "up in price" that is), how can you possibly gauge its performance against intended objectives ?

Markets work best when everyone makes their own valuation as to the merits of an asset - thats when the price most closely reflects the real fundamental value as opposed to a speculative one driven by day traders.

As you know, I've posted plenty on what I think the technical objectives for a cryptocurrency should be and how Dash most closely matches these (for my part in the market depth chart). That is with my "cold hearted investor" hat on. I'm not saying it guarantees ultimate success, I'm just saying it guarantees it better than anything else that's currently on offer at the moment.

On the bad side of this: trading volume is pathetic. Market cap is irrelevant...

Are you serious ? I don't believe you actually believe this. About a year ago (which is pretty much an eternity in this economy) I started to notice a consistent pattern across all the new hundreds of coins that were starting to appear. That pattern was that once gained, a high markap cap always "stuck" with regard to a first mover relative to its clones. I'm speaking in relative terms - everything across the board follows a standard profile of a big peak followed by a slow loss of value - but take a look at the top 10-12 coins on marketcap and what do you notice ? They're ALL originals in their class. They've survived a battering from a flotilla of clones, not by virtue of having the best tech or best distribution or best anything, but by virtue of having been the first to achieve a high marketcap. If you think that "Market cap is irrelevant" when comparing Peercoin to Cinni Coin, Deutche eMark and Fluttercoin then with respect, I don't think you've properly considered all dimensions of what marketcap represents. Sure, in theory it doesn't matter, but in practice it does - especially if it's earned (as opposed to temporary 'fixed in place' by a huge coin supply and minimal trading).

Dash could loose half its value from here and still retain primacy in its class. Thats a pretty good cushion to be working off of IMO. The question of trading volume is more one that affects all cryptos outside of Bitcoin and Litecoin because those are the only two high liquidity markets in the entire world to speak of. I don't think that means jack for adoption, though. All its done for Litecoin is batter it to death over the last 3 years while making a lot of money for speculators. If there were another 20 coins with that type of volume and Dash wasn't amongst them then I might worry.

As it is, Dash is currently number 6 in marketcap and ALSO number 6 in trading volume according to today's stats. Not bad for a project that's doing everything right on 'fundamentals' as well IMO  Wink
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:14:34 AM

.... cut.....
Markets work best when everyone makes their own valuation as to the merits of an asset - thats when the price most closely reflects the real fundamental value as opposed to a speculative one driven by day traders..... cut....

And this is why market value means nothing at this point.  (in other words I totally agree with you)

Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:19:02 AM

well written post Tok
Pages: « 1 ... 5166 5167 5168 5169 5170 5171 5172 5173 5174 5175 5176 5177 5178 5179 5180 5181 5182 5183 5184 5185 5186 5187 5188 5189 5190 5191 5192 5193 5194 5195 5196 5197 5198 5199 5200 5201 5202 5203 5204 5205 5206 5207 5208 5209 5210 5211 5212 5213 5214 5215 [5216] 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 5265 5266 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: