Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:42:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 [5265] 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:03:16 PM

In the petty battle to get attention for a certain other coin, the trolls are winning - because instead of talking about the new Dash innovation and development, everyone is now talking about the "instamine", and that other coin - so in that sense they are winning.

Why should Dash divert everything now and try to defend against this fake attack and start changing our literature?

That's exactly what they want - if you remember, Monero dev Smooth was here recently threatening to post a daily "warning" here unless "the media" started to report the Dash "instamine" - now look where we are.

The real battle, is developing innovative software that makes people's lives better, and Dash is obviously the winner here, and that is what will count in the end.  

I don't think anyone here really needs to give a damn about these trolls because their incentive is to pump their coin through massive trolling instead of having to put effort into innovating something, and certainly not keep talking about the issues they are raising - it's just a typical BCT organized, fake, paid attack - that will just be a sidenote in history of some failed coin that couldn't develop the right software.

EDIT: Wow - just as I post that, look ^ who happens to pop in lol Wink

Are you saying we shouldn't put those arguments up on the OP?  Thing is, if it's there, one could assume that newbies could find the relevant information easily for themselves. We could also answer back on the forum, please read the OP.  I don't think it looks bad on us to admit to the instamine, and to explain how it actually benefited the project.

Yes - because it's been covered 100s of times already, it's not an issue coming from Dash users but from external trolls, and that is the exact strategy that this group, led by a certain "developer", want.....

....without these attacks, Dash would be just focused 100% on innovation.  

But by spamming "instamine" literally thousands of times on BCT, exchanges, and even in real life now, they are slowing Dash development down.

And they are doing it, because it's the only attack vector they have, in lieu of being able to compete on a technical or commercial level - trying to find any weakness, and making people panic about that.

It's just a side show, forget the newbies on BCT, let the Dash team just build this thing and let's get into the mainstream.  I don't think anything else matters.  Just link Evan's explanation to the instamine if anyone wants it, and lets carry on...

(just my opinion Cheesy)

The trolling doesn't seem to slowing anybody down except for the members here who are obsessed with the trolls. Just put them on ignore. I did. They no longer bother me even a little bit, because I can't see their lies =)

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:06:22 PM

I absolutely LOVE all the trolling !! Cheesy

It's becoming so comical I truly truly come here to take a break from daily shenanigans.

LOL!! Trollero actually went with anti-Dash propaganda to a meetup? Along with a free lottery handout ?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:10:15 PM

Are you saying we shouldn't put those arguments up on the OP?  Thing is, if it's there, one could assume that newbies could find the relevant information easily for themselves. We could also answer back on the forum, please read the OP.  I don't think it looks bad on us to admit to the instamine, and to explain how it actually benefited the project.

I wouldn't bother, for 2 reasons:

[1] - there is no case to answer as far as the 'instamine' is concerned. A badly launched coin can be a far more secure and viable investment than a so called 'well launched' one - in fact most "well launched" coins have been utter disasters as a long term investment. The only reason it gets thrown in our faces is that it's all there is for those who are attempting to push their own competing agendas, most of which have 'scam factors' that are far more terminal than Dash's early fastmine. None of those are going to go on the header of an ANN thread, you can be sure of that.

[2] - Dash's future markets are not the readers of bitcointalk. They are commercial economic sectors who will adopt a cryptocurrency on grounds of pure economic advantage - nothing else. If a monetary media can demonstrate a proven profitability in a sector, it will get used. If it doesn't it won't. Dash's mission is to acquire the technological properties that deliver such a gain. It has jack to do with the launch.

All those instamine spammers make me sick.

Many on these forums expect a dev with a brilliant mind and good work ethic to just create something and for some reason...not have some for themselves. The work these guys do in a month is on par or even more than most other *devs do in a year.  Do you as users pay his salary? NO, do you as users make any contributions to the devs monetary needs? or even just token compensation for the time spent and talents used? Yet you expect him to work for free? Anyone who complains about the claimed instamine be it intentional or otherwise is lacking in  intelligence and basic reasoning. Tell me, what should motivate the dev then if he doesn't have vested interest in the project?......his kind heart perhaps? While you go wild screaming "Moon, Moon"! ?

Just be happy the devs are there working their asses off everyday to bring you this service. You are literally going after a developer for partaking in of his invention.....his OPEN SOURCE invention.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:17:47 PM

hmmm, to go or not to go ?  Undecided (i happen to have a free day tomorrow)
decisions, decisions, decisions......

edit : looks like i made the decision for me (not that many chairs left to think long about it anyways)
You gotta go, we need live cryptic updates and photo expo coverage, and I accidentally booked the flight back too early, so its down to you now    Grin
TIA.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:18:03 PM

I absolutely LOVE all the trolling !! Cheesy

It's becoming so comical I truly truly come here to take a break from daily shenanigans.

LOL!! Trollero actually went with anti-Dash propaganda to a meetup? Along with a free lottery handout ?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

i was there and tbh you could pretty much hear all the people in there sighhh when that dude just kept pushing the instamine topic
and getting rather emotional about it too. The free lottery and anti-Dash got totally pass me, i guess he noticed i was a Dash fan and just
skipped me altogether. To be honest the first thing that popped up in my head when i heard him speak was .. oh no.. who invited Adam White ?  Grin
(no offence Adam)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Sub-Ether

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:22:19 PM

and getting rahter emotional about it too. The free lottery and anti-Dash got totally pass me, i guess he noticed i was a Dash fan and just skipped me altogether.
He kept staring at me and giving the evil eye, I think he overheard when I shouted my nickname and doesn't like the signature, haha  Grin

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
hack_

Activity: 501
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:23:52 PM

If you're sick of hearing about the fraudulent instamine, maybe you should blame the instamine scammers instead of the whistleblowers  Roll Eyes

@icebucket, yeah i'm sure eduffield put a lot of thought into that explanation.. what exactly do you expect, that he'll admit it?

It's very obvious to anyone with a brain that the instamine was intentional. Keep trying to promote an instamined scam coin.. Darkcoin/Dash supporting scam deniers are one of the reasons why crypto is seen as a complete joke. Good job!

Tell me ......of all the cryptos you use, in which one do you pay for a second of the dev's time? Or are you just that special that people should work for you for free...?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:25:10 PM

and getting rahter emotional about it too. The free lottery and anti-Dash got totally pass me, i guess he noticed i was a Dash fan and just skipped me altogether.
He kept staring at me and giving the evil eye, I think he overheard when I shouted my nickname and doesn't like the signature, haha  Grin

so i guess you didnt get any free lottery tickets either huh ?  Roll Eyes

edit : and by the way .. i dont know who that black-haired girl was that you guys had with you but damn she is a hottie

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Sub-Ether

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:27:02 PM

He kept staring at me and giving the evil eye, I think he overheard when I shouted my nickname and doesn't like the signature, haha  Grin
I don't smoke so there was no need Grin

Edit:Do you mean Minotaur's wife ? lol.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:33:52 PM

I don't smoke so there was no need Grin

Edit:Do you mean Minotaur's wife ? lol.

eh, on second thought lets not tell her i said that .. and lets definetely not tell him  Tongue
( i fought a minotaur in my previous life once.. i lost)

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:39:29 PM

nobody bumped this in the last 5 pages ? that .. thats.. just wrong !!  Grin

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:49:39 PM

Either of you have anything to share on the 1700 transactions a second info? That ones only really sinking in now, if the devs really can achieve that kind of performance out of Dash its fairly mind blowing.

This "instamine" shit is getting boring too, 5453 pages in this thread and it's been brought up in more than half of them, way beyond flogging a dead horse at this stage and seriously, that 1700 tps is on par with the card networks and how much did it cost them to get that kind of performance? I doubt $2.5 x 1.7mil would even cover the lunch bill.

i remember hearing Evan say that the specifics will be introduced to all us in a serie of video's, so i guess we will all be waiting on those video's.
But then again it could be entirely possible that some information was shared during that last meeting that i forgot so maybe its best to
wait for the video of that last meeting and see for yourself

Macrochip

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2015, 05:53:11 PM

... i'll never post in this topic again.

REALLY? You will finally shut the fuck up then?
But what about the trillions of people Evan scammed with the bugmine, you lying sack of shit?
Aren't you concerned about the gazillions of poor souls that got scammed by receiving 1.9 millions of well distributed coins? I thought you're here to protect investors for fucks sake!! And now you declare you'll desert us if Evan "admits" something for you to ejaculate over?

I am disappointed in you...

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 05:58:36 PM

So... tok: Still feeling protective towards that fat, acne-faced Moronero-pig?

No. Although I wouldn't feel the need for such overtly personalised language. His actions speak for themselves.

BagHolder010

Activity: 283

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:08:53 PM

Showing this again here, because it pisses of low grade trollelo developers  + their paid trolls.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Sub-Ether

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:10:43 PM

So... tok: Still feeling protective towards that fat, acne-faced Moronero-pig?
No. Although I wouldn't feel the need for such overtly personalised language. His actions speak for themselves.
It did surprise me, he had the courage to leave the dark depths of his cave, this must be one of the more daring ones.
Even Gollum was known to leave the innards of the Misty Mountain occasionally although he hated the light and didn't stay out long Grin

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:11:49 PM

Zero Fees !!

Freckleg

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:20:34 PM

Monero fudders from a dying coin, let  the coin die in peace. It is in a slow-mo death already

At least we know the stereotype that support this coin..... fat, ugly lying and scamming individuals. They have no life, their life is the coin which success was briefly sparked by attacking other coins.
I urge them to go downstairs and ask permission from their parents to invest in a real project. But unfortunately they will not, and they will always be following the wrong track in life. Take Adam, he is insecure about himself, has no self-esteem. Fudding helps him to belong to a group. The group is so important to him that it does not matter it is a group that makes profit by screwing him and others over.

Adam and followers need the attention, it is all they want in life. That is why they can afford the incredible amount of time spent fudding. The sad part is that in time Adam and followers will be abandoned by 'their group'. Their hunger for attention will then drive them to another abusive group, could be a coin, could be something different, and it all starts over again. Have pity on them.
the-baker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:26:54 PM

Fsck! I'd forgotten that bit already... one mind cannot contain it all, he decentralised storage part hadn't sunk in yet either! Are the vids out yet? Are the vids out yet? Are the vids out...

Let's pass the time with a little guessing game and try to reverse-engineer the architecture from the slide. I'm guessing that the high throughput numbers are achieved by letting groups of masternodes work in parallel (what is called sub quorum on the slide), sort of what instantx is already doing, but involving all masternodes. What I don't see yet is how this all gets consolidated back together again for the blocks, and also not what prevents miniature versions of 51% attacks on the individual subquorums, but well, like I said, this is only idle speculation to pass the time anyways :-)
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 06:28:35 PM

If anyone still dares to visit the Altcoin Discussion section, go visit this one : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1203793.0

Pages: « 1 ... 5215 5216 5217 5218 5219 5220 5221 5222 5223 5224 5225 5226 5227 5228 5229 5230 5231 5232 5233 5234 5235 5236 5237 5238 5239 5240 5241 5242 5243 5244 5245 5246 5247 5248 5249 5250 5251 5252 5253 5254 5255 5256 5257 5258 5259 5260 5261 5262 5263 5264 [5265] 5266 5267 5268 5269 5270 5271 5272 5273 5274 5275 5276 5277 5278 5279 5280 5281 5282 5283 5284 5285 5286 5287 5288 5289 5290 5291 5292 5293 5294 5295 5296 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: