Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:50:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 [5347] 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722622 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:37:53 PM

Mass post deletion going on...

See, there are moderators around...

But why do they allow trolling still??? 

Adviews ?
Although the trolling is kind of annoying and disruptive for the general DASH discussion, the constant troll-posting keeps the thread on top and generates a ton of viewing, and ad-revenue as well.
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:47:21 PM

i reported about 20 post on this thread the last few days but i don't think anything has been done.
it's out of control.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:50:52 PM

Adviews ?
Although the trolling is kind of annoying and disruptive for the general DASH discussion, the constant troll-posting keeps the thread on top and generates a ton of viewing, and ad-revenue as well.

It does but at least half of what was being viewed was destructive. It causes a really bad atmosphere as well, Stef commented on it on dashtalk.org, it was making folks snappy and quick to go on the defensive and folks don't want to hang around anywhere like that.
the masternodes should vote on thread moderation and also who the mods could be. trolls will still bump the thread to the top but then they will be deleted unless they have legitimate questions. repeated instamine quotes is not a legitimate question.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 10:54:57 PM

looks like they are finally doing something, not enough. my accuracy rating went from 80%+ to 75% so at least they are doing something now.
i got sick of it and went on a reporting spree. since nothing was being done i just put them all on ignore.

Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:01:01 PM

The door goes both ways though, as if the thread was moderated there would likely be a ton of posts screaming about censorship instead. Although I do find the idea interesting, it would be possible to keep a saner atmosphere in the discussion.
In the meantime, the ignore-button is doing wonders Wink
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:03:45 PM

Trolls trolling the ANN Dash Forum : Week 44 Year 2015

* YourMother
* AdamWhite
* iCEBREAKER

Dash instamine facts : https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Probleminfected

Activity: 89
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:13:30 PM

The door goes both ways though, as if the thread was moderated there would likely be a ton of posts screaming about censorship instead. Although I do find the idea interesting, it would be possible to keep a saner atmosphere in the discussion.
In the meantime, the ignore-button is doing wonders Wink

There can be a balance.

This is the only forum I'm involved with that is the wild west.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:13:57 PM

Here's to the next 5000 pages of constant instamine reminder posts... At least half this thread is dedicated to it and anyone even considering taking a position has already had enough time to determine whether or not the beginnings of the coin are enough of a deterrent to prevent taking a position.

I think YourMother said that if Evan would have created the budget system at the launch, none of this would have been an issue... and how do you propose it to work without a masternode network? This coin is no where near the same coin it was back in January of 2014 and assigning a current value to the instamine 18 months ago is ridiculous.

I haven't been posting much anymore but I see I haven't missed a whole helluva lot in terms of thread content. Same 'ol, same 'ol.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:16:19 PM

the masternodes should vote on thread moderation and also who the mods could be. trolls will still bump the thread to the top but then they will be deleted unless they have legitimate questions. repeated instamine quotes is not a legitimate question.

I think our thread is fine, there will be trolling in any popular project, I would be worried if there was not.  I don't think our official announcement thread should ever be moderated as we have nothing to hide. People that make it all the way into a crypto currency forum are smart people they should be able to judge the work we are doing and decide if they want to support the project or not.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:21:17 PM

This is awesome.... Keep the trolls engaged boys it's driving our page count up and up.

Everyone knows that the following are being paid to troll and spread FUD by another coin:
AdamWhite
ICEBREAKER
YOURMOTHER
Dnaleor

Though unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keep us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is never bad publicity!  Thanks...

Just curious how some posts presenting facts are being deleted yet this ^ theory of paid "trolls" is obvious trash.

I don't agree with everything Adam does or says and the same goes with Ice but there are times when facts are being presented and it is ignored and called "trolling".

Yet this post above trolling people who have opposing views is allowed to be here with no problem?

Just because someone disagrees with you does not mean they are a "troll".

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Probleminfected

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:22:12 PM

I think our thread is fine, there will be trolling in any popular project, I would be worried if there was not.  I don't think our official announcement thread should ever be moderated as we have nothing to hide. People that make it all the way into a crypto currency forum are smart people they should be able to judge the work we are doing and decide if they want to support the project or not.

Spamming the same thing over and over and over for months with multiple different accounts should be moderated.
Probleminfected

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:25:28 PM

This is awesome.... Keep the trolls engaged boys it's driving our page count up and up.

Everyone knows that the following are being paid to troll and spread FUD by another coin:
AdamWhite
ICEBREAKER
YOURMOTHER
Dnaleor

Though unprofessional behaviour by other Crypto-Currency devs,  thanks for funding the promotion of DASH... We would like to thank you for keep us top of mind on this forum. As the saying goes... There is never bad publicity!  Thanks...

Just curious how some posts presenting facts are being deleted yet this ^ theory of paid "trolls" is obvious trash.

I don't agree with everything Adam does or says and the same goes with Ice but there are times when facts are being presented and it is ignored and called "trolling".

Yet this post above trolling people who have opposing views is allowed to be here with no problem?

Anybody can disagree, but to spam spam spam spam spam spam their opinion over and over and over and over should never happen
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:26:03 PM

Spamming the same thing over and over and over for months with multiple different accounts should be moderated.

I guess the same thing should go for all the "BUY BUY BUY DASH TO DA MOON!" comments that have been put into this thread as well?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:26:35 PM

AdamWhite
ICEBREAKER
YOURMOTHER
Dnaleor

Anybody can disagree, but to spam spam spam spam spam spam their opinion over and over and over and over should never happen

Then people who support dash should not be able to spam their opinions too then right?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:28:00 PM

By the global moderators, sure, but not by us directly as we would have a conflict of interest in trying to decide what to delete and what not, is better just not to have that power and let people say whatever they want. Just my 2 cents.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:28:30 PM

There's a fair bit of pent up frustration with the spamming the thread was getting smoothie, it's bound to take a while to flush out and there's a good discussion going on in another Dash thread about the initial distribution with smooth. There where about 60 trolling posts today, same stuff repeated over and over and it adds nothing.

Btw, the travelling salesman problem is the shortest rout between a group of points, I played around with it on openstreetmap before and there's some good libs for working with it but as far as I know nothing really compact (saw it in the Monero thread and its an interesting problem).

Just curious how you see this fitting into crypto?

Shortest path between payer and receiver?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:29:49 PM

Please, smoothie, don't insult the intelligence of our readers. Don't insult us.

We are dealing with your comrade trolls (90% people from monero) for months. Posting the same ideas every day like clerks doing a job (adam for sure)

I am a regular reader of your main thread and the "speculation" one (this is really funny) and never heard any single word against Icetroller et al. On the contrary, he is a well respected member of your community.

Probleminfected

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:30:42 PM

AdamWhite
ICEBREAKER
YOURMOTHER
Dnaleor

Then people who support dash should not be able to spam their opinions too then right?

Correct.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:35:18 PM

Please, smoothie, don't insult the intelligence of our readers. Don't insult us.

We are dealing with your comrade trolls (90% people from monero) for months. Posting the same ideas every day like clerks doing a job (adam for sure)

I am a regular reader of your main thread and the "speculation" one (this is really funny) and never heard any single word against Icetroller et al. On the contrary, he is a well respected member of your community.

Dig deeper me and Ice have had our disagreements over the years.

Your presumption just goes to show your lack of information or intentional ignorance.

Please look into both of our post histories and you will see most of what me and ICE have talked about we dont see eye to eye on.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:36:17 PM

Just curious how you see this fitting into crypto?

Shortest path between payer and receiver?

I'd seen you discussing it so I thought I'd mention it. I can kind of imagine how it would come up but not sure how it would apply exactly, was it to do with ring signatures? Never really got my head around the workings of the database but when I was reading up on quorums it kind of made sense that they would be an economic way of doing something like that.

AP brought it up in one of our discussions and he never clarified why he brought it up.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 ... 5297 5298 5299 5300 5301 5302 5303 5304 5305 5306 5307 5308 5309 5310 5311 5312 5313 5314 5315 5316 5317 5318 5319 5320 5321 5322 5323 5324 5325 5326 5327 5328 5329 5330 5331 5332 5333 5334 5335 5336 5337 5338 5339 5340 5341 5342 5343 5344 5345 5346 [5347] 5348 5349 5350 5351 5352 5353 5354 5355 5356 5357 5358 5359 5360 5361 5362 5363 5364 5365 5366 5367 5368 5369 5370 5371 5372 5373 5374 5375 5376 5377 5378 5379 5380 5381 5382 5383 5384 5385 5386 5387 5388 5389 5390 5391 5392 5393 5394 5395 5396 5397 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: