Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:09:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 [5599] 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722720 times)
moocowmoo

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

bovine quadruped, professional loafer, dash dev

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:00:47 PM

A masternode in failure make an error.
By delisting it  in masternode.conf give good result.

fixed.  https://github.com/moocowmoo/masternode_conf_check/commit/397606746125dfafb15b3ff70d8811264de12411

Code:
cd masternode_conf_check
git stash
git pull
git stash pop
python masternode_check.py

tips: XmoocowYfrPKUR6p6M5aJZdVntQe71irCX | identity: https://keybase.io/moocowmoo
service: https://masternode.me -- The first automated masternode service. Ugly website, stellar uptimes and hands-on support. Over 150 nodes with 300+ days uptime!
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:19:52 PM

A little bummed out.

I did what you're suppose to do and diversified my funds and sold off 2300 of dash into btc, ltc, and another coin that ended up turning my dash into ash.

I still have a large bag of dash, but still Sad

Hopefully ltc and btc will come up crazy style in 2016.

Warren Buffett > Quotes > Quotable Quote “Keep all your eggs in one basket, but watch that basket closely.”

BTC 2011 - 2013 (or earlier if you're lucky), LTC 2013, but we are now in the age of DASH Kiss don't look back dood Wink

Edit> Trolerio = past its sell-by date

Otoh , out in interest , did you finally get all yr withdraws out of Cryptsy ?

Nope, unfortunately not, nothing from them since they sent 10 DASH about three weeks ago, I still have 16.9 BTC & 2,740 DASH + 230 DASH pending withdraw that I've been trying to get out for nearly 3 months now, a total of over 39.175 BTC worth or $16,600 - I gather that Doge withdrawals have stopped a few days ago when I last checked so even that 20% haircut option is out atm.

At least I was able to get approx half of the 200 BTC value that I had on there out so there's still hope for the rest, at the end of January I will be in the States for a few months and if there's been no further progress I will be sicking all the relevant regulators and law enforcement plus my lawyers there on them most likely.

https://i.imgur.com/Cb2ygx7.png

Hi There OTOH ,

thanks for the info , Myself I have only about 10 BTC on Cryptsy , don't know wether to Withdraw or not.
been doing some research and there seems to be 1 guy who filled a complaint and got his BTC fast.
I asked him how he succeeded and this is what he said :

Quote :

Not that hard to do. First of all you need to track deposit address on the blockchain that is on cryptsy website and you would see that they immediately withdraw your deposit and split it up into other other wallets. Then you need to open a withdrawal ticket on cryptsy support and right down your finding that you got on the blockchain. Do a print screen of those support tickets and file a complaint on consumerfinance.gov. You are done. Smiley

Unquote

Too bad Im no technical wizzkid otherwise I would have done myself, maybe one day someone could assist me using teamviewer or something.
Maybe its helpful for you if you are tech enough to arrange as above.
If it works I would really like to hear , or if yr lawyers succeed if they could help me would be great ! :-)

One mistake there in the deposit address and how it actually works.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but the deposit addresses are hot wallets for the exchange.  Even though a deposit address is unique to an individual, the funds are transferred off into other wallets from that address.  So if you deposit 5 btc to address x, and then proceed to send 2 btc to another address, the source of the transfer most likely won't be address x, but another hot wallet.  I believe most exchanges operate this way.  When someone else from the exchange sends 5 btc, it may actually come from your deposit address. 

Someone please double check I'm posting the correct information.  Please expand also if needed.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:29:54 PM

This analysis popped up in another forum.

http://blog.makemoneywhileyouwork.com/2016/01/11/using-alt-coins-to-mix-bitcoins/

Comparison of XMR vs DASH for mixing.

what a joke. that's like comparing apples to oranges.
somebody should tell that guy you don't have to wait for it to complete 100% before  having a usable darksend balance.
i did not know that it took ~ 10 minutes to send a monero transaction though.

i'm going to do my own test right now and see how long it takes me to mix 4 rounds and send it.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:33:57 PM

just started mixing at 3:33pm

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:41:43 PM

what a joke.

I think it's a fair assessment given what the guy was trying to do (unless you think he's lying about the times). If the wallet interface reports a fractional mixing progress then users are justified in considering their holdings "unmixed" if that indicator is not at 100%.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:50:30 PM

i sent my coins to a fresh address so i will need to wait for it to confirm.
as soon as i get 6 confirmations i will start the test.

edit: still waiting, i should have sent it instantX  Grin

Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 09:56:51 PM

what a joke.

I think it's a fair assessment given what the guy was trying to do (unless you think he's lying about the times).

The entire rest of the blog is plastered with Monero entries. And lately "Slow DarkSend" has been the trolls main talking point. What a coincidence. Not.

Staged hit piece combined with fundamental ignorance on how DarkSend actually works.

Queue "Smoothie - Has It Sent Yet"

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:02:07 PM

what a joke.

I think it's a fair assessment given what the guy was trying to do (unless you think he's lying about the times). If the wallet interface reports a fractional mixing progress then users are justified in considering their holdings "unmixed" if that indicator is not at 100%.

it shows you your "darksend balance" available to be sent before the total balance is 100% complete.
plus, once it's mixed you don't have to wait 10 min like with monero. you can send it instantly with instantX. so like i said it's like comparing apples to oranges.

for on the fly mixing monero may be faster we'll see. but i think he was using a centralized monero web wallet right?

i'm gonna do 2 rounds since on the fly speed is what he is measuring. although if he had to sync both wallets from the start it looks like he said monero takes 24 hours and DASH takes 1-2 hours. he says 2-24 hours but i think that is with a centralized web wallet. once again apples to oranges.

MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:05:07 PM

ok i just got full confirmation at a fresh address and clicked start darksend mixing at 4:04

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:07:31 PM
Last edit: January 11, 2016, 10:44:17 PM by toknormal

i sent my coins to a fresh address so i will need to wait for it to confirm.
as soon as i get 6 confirmations i will start the test.

edit: still waiting, i should have sent it instantX  Grin

Don't waste your time. Read this instead.

That kind of petty race is a war Dash does not have to win right now. It competes on monetary properties, not technological ones. The guy wasn't investing to hold, buy goods, earn interest or trade. He was using it as a laundry.

A more apt comparison (monetarily) is how long it takes to make the entire bitcoin supply untraceable with no loss of transparency as far as the protocol is concerned.

The global fungibility of the supply is far more important than the traceability of any particular wallet because that characteristic then matures into an inherent property of the monetary medium. i.e. even at the point someone takes ownership of a holding they know it has a fungible (low traceability) pedigree. The fact that they can additionally target the particular part of the supply that they control is just icing on the cake. (i.e. it's a bonus feature over and above what you usually get with regular, anonymous 'cash'  Wink  ).

Dash will win that war (the "real one") hands down.
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 10:48:32 PM

what a joke.

it shows you your "darksend balance" available to be sent before the total balance is 100% complete.
plus, once it's mixed you don't have to wait 10 min like with monero. you can send it instantly with instantX. so like i said it's like comparing apples to oranges.

for on the fly mixing monero may be faster we'll see. but i think he was using a centralized monero web wallet right?

i'm gonna do 2 rounds since on the fly speed is what he is measuring. although if he had to sync both wallets from the start it looks like he said monero takes 24 hours and DASH takes 1-2 hours. he says 2-24 hours but i think that is with a centralized web wallet. once again apples to oranges.

Monero doesn't take 24 hours to sync from scratch. There have been several reports of syncing from scratch within the hour with an SSD on a decent pc with decend bandwith. HDD takes a bit longer, most reports were around 4-6 hours to sync from scratch.

The centralized web wallet only takes a few minutes to sync.

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2016, 10:57:34 PM

I would bet & trust that Evan has alot more knowledge and experience behind him to make the right decisions.

Hashfast scammer knows what he says, as he is talking from his experience! Scam first and call other people scammers later! 

Whatever his motives, I think the lesson is to opt for a "trustless" structure at every possible decision point. The moral hazard issue is real otherwise, and with human beings involved it will eventually come into play - even if not for a very long time. If it can't happen (structurally) then it won't happen, and nobody needs to lie awake at night wondering whether it was safe to trust (pick a name, any name). As a bonus, trolls can't convincingly plant that particular doubt about trustless structures.

Yes, IMO you got JR's "lesson" exactly right.

I didn't write the tweet, JR did.  I didn't even write a single word of commentary on it, yet somehow my alleged biographical details are far more (to the point of exclusion) important than the content of the tweet?   Huh

Am I the only one reminded of Fundamentalist Young Earth Creationists calling evolution experts Godless Devil Worshipers, in order to avoid an inconveniently factual debate about biology and objective reality?

How do you feel about the Dash community's propensity to attack the messenger and speculate about motivations, in order to deflect from (particularly in this case) overwhelmingly valid criticism/advice?

Justus even pointed out those who resent the requirement to continually demonstrate other-than-Karpeles potential are those most likely to Gox.

Would you agree this observation is a spot-on critique of the incredibly resentful, cult enforcement analogue behaviour we've seen here?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:46:50 PM

what a joke.

Monero doesn't take 24 hours to sync from scratch. There have been several reports of syncing from scratch within the hour with an SSD on a decent pc with decend bandwith. HDD takes a bit longer, most reports were around 4-6 hours to sync from scratch.

The centralized web wallet only takes a few minutes to sync.

well that's what the guy said on his test "monero ~ 2 – 24 hours". either way the test has so many different variables (centralized web wallets vs official GUI wallets, syncing from scratch, ahead of time mixing, instant transactions etc etc etc) that it's like comparing apples to oranges.

i would say if you want to laundry/mix a "small amount" of btc the fastest "on the fly" way to do it would be using shapeshift with bytecoin. not sure how much shapeshift lets you send but with the low market cap of bytecoin (the highest marketcap cryptonote coin) it could cost you a lot and move the market too much to be useful except for very small amounts.

i forgot to change my setting from 4 rounds to 2 rounds so i will start fresh and do it again tomorrow when i have more time.

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:18:27 AM

I just want to report my experience as a user, I mixed around 1100 DASH last week that I wanted to keep for future spending. It took me 24 hours to mix the coins with 4 rounds.  Now they just sit on my wallet for me to spend instantly whenever I want in the future, I had no particular need at the moment I decided to mix them I just wanted to have them ready for later.

I don't know how people use to send their BTC to tumblers I would never send my private keys to someone else for something like that.  Dash mixing was safe and trust-less, I think it works as designed and I had a good user experience. It is designed for the user to mix ahead of time and keep a private balance on their wallet for future spending, for that, it works great.

I think there may be specific use cases in which a different solution might be a better fit, although I can't think of anything at the moment. So be it this is just one of our features and I find it to be really convenient for any general user needs.

Time will tell what coins bring more overall value and are able to grow their user bases by having the right combination of added value features and ease of use.

gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:47:40 AM

A masternode in failure make an error.
By delisting it  in masternode.conf give good result.

fixed.  https://github.com/moocowmoo/masternode_conf_check/commit/397606746125dfafb15b3ff70d8811264de12411

Code:
cd masternode_conf_check
git stash
git pull
git stash pop
python masternode_check.py

thanks for fixing.
monitoring 'dashd'  also run well.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:49:00 AM
Last edit: January 12, 2016, 01:16:16 AM by toknormal

I just want to report my experience as a user, I mixed around 1100 DASH last week that I wanted to keep for future spending. It took me 24 hours to mix the coins with 4 rounds.  Now they just sit on my wallet for me to spend instantly whenever I want in the future, I had no particular need at the moment I decided to mix them I just wanted to have them ready for later.

We must also look at this from the perspective of the cryptocurrency as a whole. Note the difference in impact on the coin supply fungibility between what you did and what "the tester" did:

[1] - his actions had no impact whatsoever on bitcoin's fungibility
[2] - your actions had a direct impact whereby in only 24 hours you cycled 1/6000th of the entire Dash supply

You see the thing is - and this goes to the heart of the difference between a peer to peer, decentralised asset and regular money - you didn't really mix "your" coins. You mixed a portion of the supply over which you have temporary control. That portion of the supply happened to be passing through your hands and you were incentivised to mix them, thereby improving the quality of the currency for everyone else, whereas the bitcoin guy wasn't. He was incentivised to sell  Shocked

Do you see the difference ?

His actions didn't work out for bitcoin (no fungibility improvement) and didn't work out for monero (he didn't invest for any monetary reason - he just needed a washing machine), but your actions worked out for both you and the Dash supply. That right there is a direct measure of success in terms of monetary design.

It's transparency, fungibility, accountability and value all working in a virtuous cycle. Bitcoin does not have these properties all so precision balanced, monero does not and even ethereum does not.

P.S. Consider what would a sidechain (confidential transactions) user be incentivised to do ? = Take their coins out of circulation and recast them with a different identity - adversely impacting fungibility (by definition) and liquidity (from the bitcoin economy's perspective). Thats because technological priorities were brought to bear on that design instead of monetary ones = fail, again.
Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:13:06 AM

We must also look at this from the perspective of the cryptocurrency as a whole. Note the difference in impact on the coin supply fungibility between what you did and what "the tester" did:

[1] - his actions had no impact whatsoever on bitcoin's fungibility
[2] - your actions had a direct impact whereby in only 24 hours you cycled 1/6000th of the entire Dash supply

You see the thing is - and this goes to the heart of the difference between a peer to peer, decentralised asset and regular money - you didn't really mix "your" coins. You mixed a portion of the supply over which you have control. That portion of the supply happened to be passing through your hands and you were incentivised to mix them, thereby improving the quality of the currency for everyone else, whereas the bitcoin guy wasn't. He was incentivised to sell  Shocked

Do you see the difference ?

His actions didn't work out for bitcoin (no fungibility improvement) and didn't work out for monero (he didn't invest for any monetary reason - he just needed a washing machine), but your actions worked out for both you and the Dash supply. That right there is a direct measure of success in terms of monetary design.

It's transparency, fungibility, accountability and value all working in a virtuous cycle. Bitcoin does not have these properties all so precision balanced, monero does not and even ethereum does not.)

You make some great points, to be honest I was super happy with my experience, a smaller amount of around 250 DASH was ready really quick like after 2 hours. I think that was the system mixing the smaller inputs 0.1, 1, 10. The 100 DASH inputs took longer, I guess there is less availability of  100 DASH inputs on the mixing network than of smaller ones.  For this coins their history is now erased forever up to this point and as other people do the same thing from time to time, the supply remains fungible over time. While at the same time we retain the public blockchain and the ability for anyone to audit the system with no counterparties participating in any point of the process. If you think about it in terms of FIAT value I mixed more than 3K USD in one day without having to ask permission or trust anyone with my money. Now I can spend it whenever I want at any point in time.

I know things can always be improved and they will be improved to make them faster and more efficient, but I like our model a lot I think is better balanced and more compatible with the general crypto ecosystem.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:32:36 AM

I know things can always be improved and they will be improved to make them faster and more efficient, but I like our model a lot I think is better balanced and more compatible with the general crypto ecosystem.

When designing systems, you work to priorities. If you have a good monetary design with the right objectives, it's possible to improve performance and security over time as they are technological dimensions which can be revised without impacting on the primary commercial function of the currency.

On the other hand, if you have a sub-optimal design that compromises monetary priorities for technical ones, it's almost impossible to revise later on. Thats why Dash has got "the right problems" at the moment because it has done the difficult monetary stuff first - the things you just cannot revise later.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:40:51 AM

Ready for Miami ?
Dash will be present (Booth + Keynote Speech) at the TNABC late next week !
(Handout Material is printed, Speech prepared, Meetings arranged, Booth organised and 'decoration' in the works,....)
See you there ?
http://btcmiami.com/speakers

Minotaur26
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:07:09 AM

Have you guys been following all the drama in r/bitcoin from Peter Todd double spending Coinbase to show how zero conf are really insecure. It is a must read for anyone interested in InstantX and how important this Dash feature really is.

Check it out here:

https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/40ejy8/peter_todd_with_my_doublespendpy_tool_with/cytlhh0

There is an interesting conversation with Charlie Lee, as Peter seems to have used the most basic double spending technique against them and kind of exposed coblee.
Pages: « 1 ... 5549 5550 5551 5552 5553 5554 5555 5556 5557 5558 5559 5560 5561 5562 5563 5564 5565 5566 5567 5568 5569 5570 5571 5572 5573 5574 5575 5576 5577 5578 5579 5580 5581 5582 5583 5584 5585 5586 5587 5588 5589 5590 5591 5592 5593 5594 5595 5596 5597 5598 [5599] 5600 5601 5602 5603 5604 5605 5606 5607 5608 5609 5610 5611 5612 5613 5614 5615 5616 5617 5618 5619 5620 5621 5622 5623 5624 5625 5626 5627 5628 5629 5630 5631 5632 5633 5634 5635 5636 5637 5638 5639 5640 5641 5642 5643 5644 5645 5646 5647 5648 5649 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: