Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:51:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
cryptoPrecise

Activity: 69
Merit: 100

Cryptocurrencies since 2013 @cryptoPrecise

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:22:41 PM

cheap dash!
GBattaglia

Activity: 735
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:40:23 PM

Guys. Dash has gone up from .02 to .0476 in less than two weeks. Evolution had a finalization announcement on January and the price remained flat at .017 weeks after the fact. This price rise did not correlate with Evolution or its upcoming release. Dash has been historically cheaper than this by a LARGE margin. Invest what you will, but remember to only invest what you can afford to lose.

And after this post we are now at almost .03 for Dash. See how long it takes to lose 30%+ of your investment? Not long. And lets look at what people were saying at this time. They weren't advising you of the dangers or telling you to exercise caution. This is what was said in this thread:

Buy the dipppp baby. Get on before next round up. 200 will be next few leg up

and here we go again ... 0.039 --> 0.040 --> 0.041

I just sold a handful of Dash to cover the cost of my initial investment, and now I am holding 20 Dash completely free. Dump or no dump, I have broken even and everything after this is profit  Cool

That's the way to do it... Now you can sit back, relax and wait for $2500 per dash in a few years, especially if bitcoin doesn't get it's act together :-)

Emotion moves hands. People want you to feel excited at the notion of a rise, and fearful that you may have missed the boat. They want you to make a jump for the ship already leaving the harbor; knowing full well it is about to sink once in the ocean.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:50:46 PM

Guys. Dash has gone up from .02 to .0476 in less than two weeks. Evolution had a finalization announcement on January and the price remained flat at .017 weeks after the fact. This price rise did not correlate with Evolution or its upcoming release. Dash has been historically cheaper than this by a LARGE margin. Invest what you will, but remember to only invest what you can afford to lose.

And after this post we are now at almost .03 for Dash. See how long it takes to lose 30%+ of your investment? Not long. And lets look at what people were saying at this time. They weren't advising you of the dangers or telling you to exercise caution. This is what was said in this thread:

I just sold a handful of Dash to cover the cost of my initial investment, and now I am holding 20 Dash completely free. Dump or no dump, I have broken even and everything after this is profit  Cool

That's the way to do it... Now you can sit back, relax and wait for $2500 per dash in a few years, especially if bitcoin doesn't get it's act together :-)

Emotion moves hands. People want you to feel excited at the notion of a rise, and fearful that you may have missed the boat. They want you to make a jump for the ship already leaving the harbor; knowing full well it is about to sink once in the ocean.

I would much rather have had slow and steady price appreciation than what we just experienced. But do you want to know what impresses me about Dash? The Core Team just kept their heads down and kept on working.

Dash has a LOT in store for the future. For me personally, the recent rise was a vindication, but its impact was minimal otherwise. Why? Because I believe we'll see $1000 DASH at some point in the next 5-10 years. If you sit down and think about what we've accomplished, what we're building, and the incredible amount of blockchain-generated funding we have to build with, Dash has some real room to grow. Not hockey stick in a week...but long term over many years.

Cheers!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
bobitza202

Activity: 489
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 09:51:04 PM

Price could go down (good for buying) Grin
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2017, 10:01:22 PM

http://daia.group/2017/03/02/review-dash/

Potential risk-factors

Before re-branding to Digital Cash, DASH was launched as XCoin and then shortly later re-branded to DarkCoin (DRK) due to its focus on anonymity.

During the initial launch, the XCoin blockchain got stuck and a relaunch was scheduled. Although DarkCoin was launched with no premine, there was a massive instamine of nearly 2 million DRK within the first day. With a current supply of ~ 7,100,000, this means that 28% of all DASH currently in existance was mined in a single day.

This presents obvious concerns:

- High possibility that DASH supply is heavily centralized due to instamine
   - Due to MNs earning 40% of block rewards, centralization of supply is only more likely to have increased
   - If MNs are heavily centralized, DASH’s alleged privacy features are at the mercy of whoever is operating majority of MNs

There is no way to verify or guarantee that each masternode is operated by a unique individual making DASH masternode system highly susceptible to forms of sybil attack.

After the instamine, DRK block emission was lowered from 500 DRK to 5 DRK and maximum supply was reduced from 80m to 20m.

Although centralization of supply does present risks, there are some resulting benefits in regards to price. Nearly 4000 MNs are active which means majority of the current DASH supply is ‘locked up’ resulting in lower amounts of DASH being available for exchange. This would allow DASH to have a more ‘inflated’ valuation per coin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:02:11 PM

That also from the other side. You want us jump from the ship, knowing it will sail far away. 
Walter_S

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:11:13 PM

I think too many Dash detractors are a little quick to come on here waving the victory flag...

Traders just got handed their asses... So what? That doesn't have any effect on the prospect of Dash. No matter what anybody paid for a Dash today we can be pretty sure it'll be worth a lot more 1,2,3,5,10 years from now... That's all that matters... That's investing.

If you're going to go hunting with wolves prepare to get eaten!

Walter
Kyune

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 02, 2017, 11:42:39 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 12:06:51 AM by Kyune

So yes, I was one of those Amazon miners that people complained about early on.  Here are my January and February 2014 bills:

Thanks for sharing this.  I played around with Amazon mining back in 2014 and this brings back memories.  Was never willing to spend thousands of USD on it in a single month though.  In hindsight...I probably should have! Roll Eyes

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:12:01 AM

Just starting to catch up with the thread today and noticed that we have lots of new trolls. They seem to be coming out of the woodwork from many different competing projects not just monero as usual. Debating in the trenches of youtube and reddit etc i have noticed a sharp uptick in BTC trolls and maximalist the last few weeks. We are attracting a higher class of troll now and making the btc people nervous.  Grin

"We're not just here to take part — we're here to take over."  Conor McGregor

Is there any news that just pushed the price past 33 USD ? +15% +20% against BTC in a few minutes ?? Huh

Successful fork to 12.1.2 Sentinel, next fork will be Evolution!
Major Exchange Integration in few weeks
Dash partnership with BlockPay
Dash partnership with BlockCypher
Wall of Coins Integration complete
New Dash offices at ASU Skysong.
Amanda B Johnson marketing Dash and getting noticed by long time Bitcoiners + Cryptopulco talk soon.
Dash added to General Bytes ATM Machines

Evolution development is full steam ahead.

Proposal: Business Development - Major Exchange

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-major-exchange.12881/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash into a major exchange with fiat trading.

Why Aren't We Seeing Greater Adoption of Cryptocurrency?
https://youtu.be/zrIul2OGsQE

Published on Jan 23, 2017
Ryan Taylor defines two reasons crypto hasn't gone mainstream yet -- and it may not be the reasons you've been told elsewhere. This is the speech delivered by the Director of Finance of Dash at The North American Bitcoin Conference, 2017.

Learn more by visiting http://dash.org

Original presentation here: https://youtu.be/Tn2s6IHAL4A

Get social with us:
- Dash Slack: http://dashnation.com/chat
- DASH: Detailed Homepage: http://dashdetailed.com
- DASH: Detailed Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashdetailed
- Dash Homepage: http://dash.org
- Dash Twitter: http://twitter.com/dashpay

Dash Nation slack invite
http://dash-nation-invite.herokuapp.com/

Two things i don't want to get buried with all the Dash drama and the totally off topic trolling post.

LIVE Interview and QA: Amanda B. Johnson of DASH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRhi6_E8il4

This last one is really good, packed with info for the newbie's and old heads alike....
Dash: The new Cryptocurrency player with more Features than Bitcoin - Amanda Johnson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6d-DCRNAKiM

I like this one too...

Dash Unveils Largest Software Upgrade Since Inception
http://paymentweek.com/2017-2-6-dash-unveils-largest-software-upgrade-since-inception/

Another good one to add to my collection. This is huge and could potentially lead to purse.io, coinbase and many others integrating Dash!!!

Proposal: Business Development - BlockCypher Integration

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-business-development-blockcypher.13253/

This proposal funds the integration of Dash with BlockCypher, an API hot-wallet service.

More Great news...
I'm really glad to see that the law firm we've employed to research our compliance with US law is nearing completion.  Quoting Daniel:

"Many of our investors have been following this project closely and I can give you an advance by saying that the results of the research are very positive for masternode operators and they should not be concerned about any liability as the result of the transactions they relay or the mixing sessions they host under US law. Please give us a few days to process this information and prepare an official communication for the community."

Updates are posted here: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/legal-research-marco-santori-cooley-llp.12691/

Also, please note:
  Daniel posted previously that they wouldn't be able to post the original memos, but that is no longer the case.  When the memo is completed, they will be posted directly, so that everyone can view them, not through a filter of the Dash Foundation.  So please don't worry about that.  Daniel is very busy and said he'll update the post eventually.  The core team are really working like busy bees!

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 01:13:55 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 02:17:30 AM by MasterMined710

p.s. don't quote the trolls as i have several of them on ignore and don't need to see their FUD repeated in giant letters.  Cool

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2017, 02:17:25 AM

Hey...Icehat, how does it feel to have been trolling here for 2 years, watching the object of your venom breakout and make many of us original holders hit pay dirt, when you could have been on the winning side.   Huh  Nothing you do seems to have pan out.... Undecided

Grin  Here's a toast to you my troll friend.  No one can say that if nothing else..that you didn't stick to your guns, even when doing so kept you from being wealthy beyond you dreams.  Maybe next time.

Hello dear old Instamine Wine Company.  Don't worry about me, the XMR rise already put my net worth well into the vineyard-shopping range I always felt entitled to.

I've never been more proud of the work I've done to help make the crypto-community aware of Dash's scumbag Instamine.

Here is the glorious result of my (among many others') efforts.

Pump all you want.  Dash has no fundamentals; nobody uses it for anything except a HYIP.

Don't try to use the current pump as evidence Dash isn't a scam.  That not how it works; PayCoin pumped in its day too.

As Homero wrote in his essay Evan’s and Dash’s scam story

Taking advantage of all the hype created by its community can be very profitable in the short term, as Evan is focusing on promoting and developing things that will increase the value of his coins.

So Cheers right back at you.  Congratulations on finally getting the golden donkey after putting so much effort into the Evan's Gate cult.

D.A.S.H. = Digital Avarice Scamming Humanity

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:19:35 AM

i'm tempted to take you off ignore icy, but i'm just too busy counting all my dash  Grin

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:41:52 AM

i'm tempted to take you off ignore icy, but i'm just too busy counting all my BTCs  Grin

fix that for you .....

so anyone of you newbs wanna buy some more expensive DASH?  Cheesy
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 02:52:04 AM

Congratulations to the Dash community, over the past 3 years there has great progress.  I check in on Dash periodically and it is one of the few communities that has delivered.  While the price is exciting, of real interest is the technology that is being built. 

Sadly there seems to still be people that try to twist what happened at the beginning.  So like someone else that recently posted I thought I would admit to my early involvement with Dash.  I recently stumbled upon one of my old empty Xcoin wallets so it seemed like a good time to show what it was like in the beginning.   

Dash was easy to mine and anyone could have picked up a lot at the beginning, I know because I did.  Though because my obsession was with mining I let this long term opportunity pass me by.  I sold a lot to cover my Amazon bills, kept some for a bit and even had some masternodes for a while.  So while this coin looked very promising the mining bug hit me again so I sold the rest a while back.  I happily profited in the end but of course it is hard to not look back at what I could have had. 

So yes, I was one of those Amazon miners that people complained about early on.  Here are my January and February 2014 bills:

That buys a lot of hours of mining time, here is how many hours I racked up in January:

My peak was over 2000 hours of EC2 time across various instances on February 8th.   That included various smaller instance types, not just the large cc2.8xlarge's.  It fluctuated day by day because I was using Spot instances and sometimes was getting out bid so my instances would get terminated. 

I could not find my original solo mining wallets as I moved those coins and deleted them but I did find one of my early ones.  So for those wondering what mining got you back in the beginning here are a few snapshots of what I was getting:

So for those of you who bought coins from me early on, you’re welcome.  It was fun.  For those of you wondering about any truth to what the trolls say just remember their strongest tool is to mix a little bit of truth with a lot of speculation and lies.   

Good luck to Dash, I hope to see many great things come from it and hopefully will be a masternode holder again in the future. 

Pretty sure you're feeling that knife in your stomach for not holding onto any of that right now and probably for the next few days (pretty sure you've been crying yourself to sleep lol).

Good luck being a masternode, it'll just set you back around $44k at current prices.
MasterMined710
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:02:42 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2017, 03:03:10 AM by MasterMined710

I'm putting you on ignore temporarily, someone else will have to report your post. There's still time for you guys to get in early before the evolution release, like your dev smooth did.
We have been begging you guys to buy since the $2 bottom not much more than a year ago. I know it hurts to swallow your pride and buy now but..... buy now and thank me later. Start buying in slowly right now and you will be good, buy the dips. All you will need is 1 masternode and in a few years you will be set for life, 2 or 3 is better though!  Smiley

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:34:50 AM

Pretty sure you're feeling that knife in your stomach for not holding onto any of that right now and probably for the next few days (pretty sure you've been crying yourself to sleep lol).

Good luck being a masternode, it'll just set you back around $44k at current prices.

can't blame him for dumping those coins...Evan did not mentioned masternodes until Feb 21 , 2014, that's the result of the "information blackout" by Evan so he and his friends can accumulate during that certain period as if the instamine wasn't enough...or a waiting period for those talented people who caught some of the instamine bug to dump due to lack of information about the "vision and milestones" aka roadmap of Xcoin-Darkcoin as I mentioned in DASH Masternodes - the perfect motive for the instamine

i'm tempted to take you off ignore icy, but i'm just too busy counting all my BTCs  Grin

fix that for you .....

so anyone of you newbs wanna buy some more expensive DASH?  Cheesy

I'm putting you on ignore temporarily, someone else will have to report your post. There's still time for you guys to get in early before the evolution release, like your dev smooth did.
We have been begging you guys to buy since the $2 bottom not much more than a year ago. I know it hurts to swallow your pride and buy now but..... buy now and thank me later. Start buying in slowly right now and you will be good, buy the dips. All you will need is 1 masternode and in a few years you will be set for life, 2 or 3 is better thought!  Smiley

what? can't handle the truth? LOL!

you mean, you bought into that pump? you've been here as a DASH shill for a very long time. nobody is gonna believe your statement haha

don't worry, i made money on other coins out there...why do you think I'm still here at BTCtalk if all I do is lose money?

you win some, you lose some, and you miss some..but that's alright because etc. etc. etc.
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 03:55:00 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2017, 04:27:20 AM by gusterdd

Dash become 4th score.
Speculator show pumpping and dumpping.
Peak value show mid-term target price to dash.
My analysis was wrong : hold coin as long as possible.
Big pumpping is bad for long time holder.
BTC is real winner now.

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
pinwc4

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:08:32 AM

Nope, not at all, my post was not for a pity party or sympathy.  As I mentioned I am happy with my choices.  I sold coins to cover initial bills, sold some for profit and kept some for well past when masternodes started before selling that for some profit.  I am not going to live in the past, just look forward towards what to do next.  

Just though some would find it interesting to hear what happened from one of the lurking miners that was around early.  There is too much noise trying to distort the truth, I see they even are trying to twist what I said.  Probably get some more direct attacks next.  At least they are predictable.  
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:31:02 AM

Finally, the opportunity to  buy cheap is coming.  Grin   
pavan@hosur

Activity: 499

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 04:35:36 AM

Why Dash Increase too much... What tech have a Dash coin?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 6173 6174 6175 6176 6177 6178 6179 6180 6181 6182 6183 6184 6185 6186 6187 6188 6189 6190 6191 6192 6193 6194 6195 6196 6197 6198 6199 6200 6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206 6207 6208 6209 6210 6211 6212 6213 6214 6215 6216 6217 6218 6219 6220 6221 6222 [6223] 6224 6225 6226 6227 6228 6229 6230 6231 6232 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: