Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 09:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 [6283] 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722549 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:45:47 AM

Charlie Shrem Tweets about Dash again ; )
https://twitter.com/CharlieShrem/status/843479447764455425

irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:10:05 AM

You just don't get it, right?
This is similar to nothing else. DASH is on its own way. Nothing else. Except the part where Bitcoin weaknesses did it to all top alts.
PIVX seems similar in some ways. They have a lot to do, but the proposal to implement zero knowledge transactions and the "seesaw"  could be  improvements. https://pivx.org/

But they have along way to go. Implementing zero knowledge might be tricky
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:43:51 AM

This is similar to nothing else. DASH is on its own way. Nothing else. Except the part where Bitcoin weaknesses did it to all top alts.
PIVX seems similar in some ways. They have a lot to do, but the proposal to implement zero knowledge transactions and the "seesaw"  could be  improvements. https://pivx.org/

My bet is they will collapse before anything like that will happen.

They cant even get Governance working even though its a direct pull from Dash.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 06:04:16 AM
Last edit: March 20, 2017, 08:22:47 AM by TanteStefana2

If we didn't have competition, all currencies would continue to suck.  Because there IS competition, Bitcoin has to watch it's back, Dash has to watch it's back and soon, the Dollar and Euro, Yen, etc will have to modernize and get better if they want to survive, though they have more leeway.  But even fiat hasn't got much leeway, this competition is heating up quickly!  All this means is that the people, the users, everyone gets better money period!  Being one of the people of the world, I like that Smiley

If you read F. Hayek on currency competition (did Amanda coin that phrase?) you will see why this is all GOOD!  And it is only happening now because of Satoshi solving the byzantine generals problem, and the rest has been waiting to happen since personal computers were available Cheesy  This literally might MIGHT mean we can fix problems in the future with technology / remove control of money from centralized authorities and actually make the world a better, fairer place without central powers that create wars.  This is the new world I would like to leave my grandchildren, or anyone's grandchildren (as I may never get any, LOL)

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 08:58:09 AM

I still don't get if the guys are serious or just want a quick buck. It's not like the world needs another crypto clone or do they really think they can compete with some minor changes and that funny name? And what about Evolution? Is Pivxolution coming as well?
irukandji

Activity: 629
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 09:19:53 AM

I still don't get if the guys are serious or just want a quick buck. It's not like the world needs another crypto clone
It's not about whether the world needs one .it's whether they want one or even believe they want one
BitcoinFX
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1720

https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 12:37:29 PM

Hello DASH community,

Thoughts ...

"EU Parliament states Virtual Currencies cannot be anonymous" ...

- https://bravenewcoin.com/news/eu-parliament-states-virtual-currencies-cannot-be-anonymous/

"Virtual currencies' means a digital representation of value that is neither issued by a central bank or a public authority, nor attached to a legally established currency, which does not possess the legal status of currency or money, but is accepted by natural or legal persons as a means of exchange or for other purposes, and can be transferred, stored or traded electronically. Virtual currencies cannot be anonymous." - EU member states must be compliant by June 26, 2017 - European Parliament.

Anyway, wondering how many DASH holders / users are based in the EU or how many of you are currently hosting your Masternodes or mining pools within EU countries ?

Looks like this could be the start of the 'Crypto Wars' 2.0, this time targeting anon crypto-currency ? - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crypto_Wars !

Privacy is an important human right ...

"The United Nations has underlined the importance of encryption and anonymity in the digital age. Penned by a UN special rapporteur on freedom of expression, the document underlines the importance of private communications and calls on member states to protect their use under law."

- http://www.ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HRC/RegularSessions/Session29/Documents/A.HRC.29.32_AEV.doc

“The Special Rapporteur, recognizing that the value of encryption and anonymity tools depends on their widespread adoption, encourages States, civil society organizations and corporations to engage in a campaign to bring encryption by design and default to users around the world and, where necessary, to ensure that users at risk be provided the tools to exercise their right to freedom of opinion and expression securely,”

Regards,

"Bitcoin OG" 1JXFXUBGs2ZtEDAQMdZ3tkCKo38nT2XSEp | Bitcoin logo™ Enforcer? | Bitcoin is BTC | CSW is NOT Satoshi Nakamoto | I Mine BTC, LTC, ZEC, XMR and GAP | BTC on Tor addnodes Project | Media enquiries : Wu Ming | Enjoy The Money Machine | "You cannot compete with Open Source" and "Cryptography != Banana" | BSV and BCH are COUNTERFEIT.
Vinte6

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:43:11 PM

As OnePlus uses DASH Charge.

Why wouldn't they accept Dash to pay for their smartphones.

Instant pay and fast charge your smartphone!

Can someone try to budget this?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 12:59:54 PM

Dash Evolution, or the Importance of Just Working

Modern technology can do amazing things, but it's gotten so complicated that for many over 30 it's quite difficult to use. Speaking as a 34-year old, we all used to roll our eyes when our parents couldn't figure out the TV remote, or how to program the VCR (or Tivo). But these days things have gotten to a whole new level.

Last night, my 10-year old wanted to watch Apollo 13. No problem. I used my Roku to do a "movie search" and it immediately popped up. I clicked the "FandangoNOW" option, and was prompted for my email and password. Odd, I don't remember ever signing up for FandangoNOW. Nonetheless, I tried a couple of possible passwords and nothing worked. I then tried to register, and it said my email address was already in use. I searched my email and found that I created an account back in 2015. OK, no problem. I go to the PC (easier to work from) and try to reset my password. After being promised a password reset link, I wait. Nothing. I keep waiting. Nothing. I check my spam folder. Nothing. (Twelve hours later, still nothing!).

Well wait a minute--my wife has a Fandango account. So I long in to her account on the Roku and bam! I'm given the option to pay. I do so, the payment goes through, Roku emails me a receipt, and we're off to the races! Except that when I click "play" I get a message "This device is linked to a different FandangoNOW account. Sign in to FandangoNOW to deactivate this device." Great--I can't sign in because they won't send me my password. In the meantime, I've already been charged $2.99 for renting a movie I can't play.

I go back to my PC and sign up for Vudu. After about five minutes of filling in forms, I'm now ready to go. I go back to the Roku and log in to Vudu, and finally it's working. We watched our movie and had a good time. But this got me thinking about how complicated everything is. I have to sign in to FandangoNOW on my Roku. If all works well, I have to put in my Roku PIN to authorize the purchase. If all doesn't work well, I have to reset my FandangoNOW password. If I don't ever get a password reset email, I'm dead in the water. I can't even use my wife's account because my account is linked to the Roku and it never occurred to anybody to make that work.

When Dash Evolution comes along and simplifies the process of using digital currency, the sky is the limit. Right now you have to ACH money from your bank to an exchange. If using Bitfinex you can buy DASH directly. If not, you have to buy BTC and send it to another exchange to convert to DASH. Either way, you then have to transfer the DASH to a wallet, which if using the QT wallet requires a download of the full blockchain. You then have to learn how to use crazy cryptographic addresses, learn the nuances of change addresses (back in the day, I sure was freaked out when my main LTC address showed a zero balance after I made a small transaction!). Et cetera, et cetera.

To afreer and all you folks working hard on evo, keep it up. Make it so things "just work."

P.S. Yes I should use a password manager. I use Lastpass on and off, but it sucks on my mobile. It tries to fill any blank field with a username and password, which doesn't work out so well.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:01:41 PM

Anyway, wondering how many DASH holders / users are based in the EU or how many of you are currently hosting your Masternodes or mining pools within EU countries ?

really ? to big problem to run VPS in Singapore : ) - come on?
i don't believe that anyone will give EU fuck and their BS

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
cabron

Activity: 2828
Merit: 600

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 01:04:08 PM

Dump is coming.. it took days already staying at such price! Big dump is comming.

FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 01:09:13 PM

Last 2 days to get these at $50 each price point. On March 22nd price goes up to $60.

(2017) Limited Edition of 100 - 5" DASH Bars:

DASH bars are individually engraved (1 - 100), made of a copper/brass alloy that is antique silver plated and each come unfunded with a numbered hologram for customer placement on the bar. The customer can add a private key if they desire to add funds to the physical piece.

f*D's 5" DASH Bar Specs:
* 192 grams
* 5" diagonal
* 4-3/8" long
* 2-1/4" wide
* 1/4" thick

PRE-ORDER ONLY - To reserve a bar a full payment is required. Shipping is estimated to begin on April 10th.

NOTE: Pricing will go up as we approach April 10th per the below schedule, so early purchasers will get a lower cost per unit.

March 13th - March 21st : $50 each
March 22nd - March 31st : $60 each
April 1st - April 9th : $70 each
April 10th and after : $75 each

Please place order and make payment via the website link http://finitebydesign.net/product/5-dash-bar/
DASH is also accepted, only use this address to avoid scammers: XyAPBj2fBpf7w2zgH3WpPknZhDkBfT1Vyq

Mockup image below:

Hologram:

jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:13:07 PM

Dump is coming.. it took days already staying at such price! Big dump is comming.

Run away little boy... Dash Price would be hard to dump because there isn't that much available in supply.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:26:56 PM

Price isn't moving for two days Cheesy Are they now buying BCU?

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
huxdy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:16:57 PM

***0+ weeks later I have doubled my investment. Thanx mostly to DASH  YAHOO!! "Shitcoins" rule! Can't thank r/btc and r/bitcoin enough for pointing me in the right direction LOL. ***

Man good timing you had Smiley Dash gave good profits for investors that is sure.
In 2013 I was noob I was looking for coins and I was thinking that PPC LTC DOGE Namecoin can be thing Cheesy...
now we have another 4 year cycle and New coins comes now people have new top picks like Eth Dash Monero
and none give a fuck to LTC Doge PPC they have no attention now.
I don't regret to much because i lost most of them on cryptsy.

Let's see in 4years if Dash will still be here in to 3 - i won't give any shit prediction ang good luck for Dash  ^^

PS: LTC in 4dec2013 had market cap at 1100m so potential with DASH is to hit LTC market cap or go even higher.

I was very optimistic about the prospects for the development of dash in 2015, but I did not buy Cry Cry Cry
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:46:05 PM

Let's keep on topic please, stop posting about other coins.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 02:54:10 PM

For all of the "why is dash @ 100 $" questions:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/606fz4/my_final_margin_call/

Thats one of the dash shorters who lost 150 btc and bring us to higher prices, and im quite sure there are many more of these kind .

"All because of one position, I lost it all. Yes, I know it was stupid. Yes, I know you shouldn't short, especially in a bull market. Yes, I know that I should have cut my losses fast. From the first worrying -2 BTC to the slightly terrifying -20 BTC, watching my losses grow and grow. Everyone told me to close the position: but I told them, are you retarded? Do you want me to close out with a $2,000 loss when it's so clear DASH is going to crash? Do you want me to close with a $10,000 loss when this is clearly a bubble? Do you want me to close with a $50,000 loss when I can easily make $20,000 if I just wait this out?"

^^ Thats what i mean if i say this bull run is driven by shorters (ofc thats not the only cause, but its a big multiplier), who can't believe dash has potential, because there is so much hate against dash and so much fud, they can't believe it went to 20 $ to 30 $ ... to 100 $ ... these are the ones who are squeezed hard on that run and did a good job in making dash price x10 !

I'm realy sorry for them, and i blame iceshitter and his troll crew for destroying thousands of lifes with theire fud against dash !!!

I would feel sorry for this guy--I really would--except that he posted on /r/BitcoinMarkets that he was "shorting a shitcoin." In other words, he lost $150,000 shorting something he knew nothing about and was already emotionally predisposed to dislike. Traders are supposed to make decisions based on what the market says, not based on their belief that Bitcoin is God and all others are "shitcoins."

P.S. In this time of craziness--Dash's hockey stick rise which should eventually correct, continually improving fundamentals/announcements from Core Team/upcoming Evo which should cause price to rise, continual uncertainty in Bitcoin which should cause BTC price to fall (or rise, if/when controversy is ever resolved)--it can be hard to figure out where to put your money. I'd like to quote toknormal, who said in the Dash Nation slack that it's a good idea to put your assets where you want to be long term. If you want to be in DASH at the end of the year, keep your money in DASH and ride the ups and downs. Of course, if you want to be in BTC, or fiat, or ETH...that's fine, put your money in those.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2017, 04:09:58 PM

so they are now buying pivx and bitsend this time Smiley its also becoming stable. been this way for two days too. don't you think its time to get out of dash, it feels like something is going on after bitcoin unlimited was available in the market of some exchange. the split give us something which is harder to decide lol

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Digital_Currency_LTD

Activity: 798

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:13:41 PM

I never thought that dash can go 100 dollar...
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 04:29:12 PM

I never thought that dash can go 100 dollar...

Well now you know... The thing is, it has the potential to go much higher within a couple of weeks.
Pages: « 1 ... 6233 6234 6235 6236 6237 6238 6239 6240 6241 6242 6243 6244 6245 6246 6247 6248 6249 6250 6251 6252 6253 6254 6255 6256 6257 6258 6259 6260 6261 6262 6263 6264 6265 6266 6267 6268 6269 6270 6271 6272 6273 6274 6275 6276 6277 6278 6279 6280 6281 6282 [6283] 6284 6285 6286 6287 6288 6289 6290 6291 6292 6293 6294 6295 6296 6297 6298 6299 6300 6301 6302 6303 6304 6305 6306 6307 6308 6309 6310 6311 6312 6313 6314 6315 6316 6317 6318 6319 6320 6321 6322 6323 6324 6325 6326 6327 6328 6329 6330 6331 6332 6333 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: