Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:10:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 [6673] 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
start the art

Activity: 395
Merit: 408

Bitcoin OG artworks collection

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 02:17:59 PM

Original and Unique abstract paintings
400 USD

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NibiruHybrid

Activity: 1204
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 05:50:11 PM

Dash Passes 3,600 Merchants 18 Months Ahead of Lightning Network 1,000 Merchants Bet

Dash is now accepted at over 3,600 merchants worldwide, far exceeding a popular projection of Bitcoin Lightning network adoption at the end of next year.

According to popular merchant listing site DiscoverDash, at time of writing 3,619 merchants around the world now accept Dash as a payment method. This represents 619 merchants added in the last month alone over the 3,000 merchant milestone early last month. The majority of the new businesses added have been in hyperinflation-plagued Venezuela, with 563 now accepting Dash since the same time last month. This brings the total number of Venezuelan Dash merchants to about 54% of the global total.

Roger Ver and Charlie Lee bet on Lightning network adoption passing 1,000 merchants

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2018, 06:53:50 PM

Now it seems that all the altcoins, in relation to the cue ball, have gone down! I hope will change!

"in relation to the cue ball" - A unique observational spin. You're a pool player? Using this analogy, Dash would have to be a striped ball, with all the different facets it has... ;-)

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 09:44:26 AM

@qwizzie Thanks for the support, my friend. I really appreciate it.

NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:16:01 PM

Poll: Majority of Investors Believe Cryptocurrency will Appreciate During a Recession, Begs Usability Questions

Fundstrat Global Advisors found in a poll among institutional investors and twitter users that a majority of individuals believe that cryptocurrency prices will rise during a recession.

The poll found that 72% of institutional investors believed that cryptocurrency prices will increase during a recession, while 59% agreed via the twitter poll. The institutional investor sample size was 25, while the twitter poll size was 5,382. The poll also found that central banks were viewed as the most heavy influence on cryptocurrency prices (35%), followed by emerging markets (28%).

However, Mati Greenspan, a senior market analyst at eToro, said that a price rise during an economic recession is not a certainty. He does not “think it’s so binary” since looking “over the past few years crypto has had a unique correlation with high-risk assets. They have risen as investors sought additional risk”. Nevertheless, he did say that he “sees why investors think that” and that “if there was a catalyst that would make people question the role of these institutions then he can see them moving higher”.

afbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1061

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 02:47:41 PM

I'm trying to get a handle on the 'censorship' debate.

I understand that :

• DashNation Discord is moderated by Tao of Satoshi's team.
  • DashTalk  forum is moderated by Tao of Satoshi's team.
  • DashPay subreddit is moderated by Tao of Satoshi's team.
  • Dash Central is moderated by ___ (who?)
  • ANN DASH on btctalk (here) is unmoderated, (ignored by disinterested bitcoin moderators). This is the place for free speech!
  • DashTalk on Discord (part of DashForce) is moderated by DashForce team.

Am I right with all this? Who moderates Dash Central ? Have I missed any others?

So on with some random thoughts. Too many places with the same moderation team is not ideal. For examle If you as a poster are unhappy with censorship by Tao of Satoshi's team you are effectively unhappy with the 3 main places to talk Dash. In my view the rule about stating speculation as fact might have a good intent behind it but is annoying many users and most often is very subjective how to interpret. It has been a winning formula in Tao's own Dash Nation area. This doesn't mean it is also right for reddit and Dash forum.

The new 'Dash Talk' on discord can be confused with 'Dash Talk' official forum. This seems underhanded doesn't it?Why are they named so similarly? Its llke Dash Force are trying to affiliate themselves with Dash Talk official forum and give extra legitimacy to their own discord channel. Also  I have been lead to believe they are trying to take control of the moderation of Dash Talk forum via a silent change to an already existing proposal. Can I say underhanded again.

The problems are that Tao of Satoshi has spread his reach too far which is not unexectedly drawing comparisons to a dictator and accusations of censorship (controlling all major discussion platforms).
Dash Force appear to be making power grab to take away some of that power, which is fair enough I suppose but doing so in what appear to be sneaky ways via a back door.

All this time when I thought user demo was just a moneron trying to spread the usual FUD. When in fact there are real issues

What is the solution to this mess?

For starters I would like to see Dash Force act more openly, they are not shining themselves in a good light here. Their discord channel should be called Dash Force Discord. They should not try to sneakily obtain moderation rights for other forums. If anyone is acting consistently and with dignity it is Tao. I wonder if a seperate team from both should be created to moderate the official forum? Anyone have the answers?
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 02:54:01 PM

Dash Nation DFO (Dash Funded Organization) Contract Renewal Offer Terms

We would appreciate your support again, @qwizzie, and any other MNOs who still come here. Cheers.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-Nation-DFO-2018-2019

#DashNation #DashDecentral

A yes from me. Its a shame this proposal is struggling. Regardless if you agree or disagree to other moderation /censorship issues, Dash Nation 'is' an asset to the community.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:25:23 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2018, 06:38:25 PM by qwizzie

I understand that :

• DashTalk  forum is moderated by Tao of Satoshi's team.
  • ANN DASH on btctalk (here) is unmoderated, (ignored by disinterested bitcoin moderators). This is the place for free speech!

Am I right with all this? Who moderates Dash Central ? Have I missed any others?

So on with some random thoughts. Too many places with the same moderation team is not ideal. For examle If you as a poster are unhappy with censorship by Tao of Satoshi's team you are effectively unhappy with the 3 main places to talk Dash. In my view the rule about stating speculation as fact might have a good intent behind it but is annoying many users and most often is very subjective how to interpret. It has been a winning formula in Tao's own Dash Nation area. This doesn't mean it is also right for reddit and Dash forum.

The new 'Dash Talk' on discord can be confused with 'Dash Talk' official forum. This seems underhanded doesn't it?Why are they named so similarly? Its llke Dash Force are trying to affiliate themselves with Dash Talk official forum and give extra legitimacy to their own discord channel. Also  I have been lead to believe they are trying to take control of the moderation of Dash Talk forum via a silent change to an already existing proposal. Can I say underhanded again.

The problems are that Tao of Satoshi has spread his reach too far which is not unexectedly drawing comparisons to a dictator and accusations of censorship (controlling all major discussion platforms).
Dash Force appear to be making power grab to take away some of that power, which is fair enough I suppose but doing so in what appear to be sneaky ways via a back door.

All this time when I thought user demo was just a moneron trying to spread the usual FUD. When in fact there are real issues

For starters I would like to see Dash Force act more openly, they are not shining themselves in a good light here. Their discord channel should be called Dash Force Discord. They should not try to sneakily obtain moderation rights for other forums. If anyone is acting consistently and with dignity it is Tao. I wonder if a seperate team from both should be created to moderate the official forum? Anyone have the answers?

With regards to who moderates Dash Central, that would be rango who actually owns Dash Central. He rarely moderates Dash Central, although he did make it so that only masternode owners and whitelisted persons could comment on budget proposals,
after it got a bit out of hand with trolls commenting on budget proposals in Dash Central.

I dont remember rango doing much personal moderation, except for the time when he banned one of iCEBREAKER's poppet accounts, together with denying Icey access to Dash Central remote monitoring and restart scripts due to Icey's consistent use of profanity (using blasphemous or obscene language).
Icey was asked to remove his masternodes from Dash Central as well, if i remember correctly.

With regards to Dash Nation, i find Tao and TroyDASH completely transparant and honest. Not only with the budget proposal, but also with the answers they provide in the comments. People may disagree with Dash Nation's moderation style (the 10 rules and with Tao as end-responsible for his moderation team), but it has been clear from the start what it exactly involves. The Dash Nation moderator team includes some well known and respected community members as well :

TroyDash
Splawik21
jeffh
solarguy
Arthyron
MooCowMoo
JGCMiner
DeltaEngine
krish
ThisMustBeTrue

With regards to Dash Force i find them lacking transparancy, lacking in communication and i lost my trust in them after they updated their own Dash Force budget proposal to suddenly include agreeing to a Dash Force moderation style change on Dash Reddit and Dash.org/forum.
Mind you that their Dash Force budget proposal was running for many weeks already, garnered a lot of support (i also voted yes somewhere in august on this specific Dash Force proposal) and out of nowhere they introduced a few days ago this new moderator style that had nothing to do with
their original Dash Force operation costs / activities proposal. I feel like they abused my vote this way. They should have just made a seperate polling proposal on such an important topic as a change in moderation style on Dash forums, instead they went this rather shady / sneaky way.

With regards to demo : i think he gets more credit then he deserves. I have little doubt demo will manage to break even Dash Force rules, when it comes to posting and behaving on a public forum. I saw him once upload a picture from PIVX.org through his demo16 account, so i think he comes from the PIVX community.  

I dont really see a solution for the moderation style that Dash Force wants and the moderation style that Dash Nation currently provides. I just know that the Dash Nation moderation style worked well on their own Dash Nation Discord channel and masternodes did vote affirmative to have this moderation style & rules extended to Dash Reddit and Dash.org/forum. There was overwhelming support for.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:39:29 PM

We would appreciate your support again, @qwizzie, and any other MNOs who still come here. Cheers.

A yes from me. Its a shame this proposal is struggling. Regardless if you agree or disagree to other moderation /censorship issues, Dash Nation 'is' an asset to the community.

Yeah, i feel the same way.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
NibiruHybrid

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:50:44 PM

Jimmy Song and Greg Maxwell: Credit Cards Are Better for Purchases Than Bitcoin

Bitcoin Core contributors Jimmy Song and Greg Maxwell encouraged using credit cards over Bitcoin for purchases, highlighting areas for growth for payments-focused cryptocurrencies.

In a recent tweet, Song, a Bitcoin Core contributor, encouraged users to employ credit cards for purchases and selling Bitcoin to pay off the bill, rather than use it for the payment directly:

Hanna_Money

Activity: 462
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 05:56:26 PM

Dash is one of the most famous and legendary crypto projects. I am very surprised at such a low price for a coin as it is now.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 07:10:54 PM

Very much appreciate your support, @afbitcoins. Respect.

afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 08:25:14 PM

I understand that :

• DashTalk  forum is moderated by Tao of Satoshi's team.

The new 'Dash Talk' on discord can be confused with 'Dash Talk' official forum. This seems underhanded doesn't it?Why are they named so similarly? Its llke Dash Force are trying to affiliate themselves with Dash Talk official forum and give extra legitimacy to their own discord channel. Also  I have been lead to believe they are trying to take control of the moderation of Dash Talk forum via a silent change to an already existing proposal. Can I say underhanded again.

With regards to who moderates Dash Central, that would be rango who actually owns Dash Central. He rarely moderates Dash Central, although he did make it so that only masternode owners and whitelisted persons could comment on budget proposals,
after it got a bit out of hand with trolls commenting on budget proposals in Dash Central.

I dont remember rango doing much personal moderation, except for the time when he banned one of iCEBREAKER's poppet accounts, together with denying Icey access to Dash Central remote monitoring and restart scripts due to Icey's consistent use of profanity (using blasphemous or obscene language).
Icey was asked to remove his masternodes from Dash Central as well, if i remember correctly.

With regards to Dash Nation, i find Tao and TroyDASH completely transparant and honest. Not only with the budget proposal, but also with the answers they provide in the comments. People may disagree with Dash Nation's moderation style (the 10 rules and with Tao as end-responsible for his moderation team), but it has been clear from the start what it exactly involves. The Dash Nation moderator team includes some well known and respected community members as well :

TroyDash
Splawik21
jeffh
solarguy
Arthyron
MooCowMoo
JGCMiner
DeltaEngine
krish
ThisMustBeTrue

With regards to Dash Force i find them lacking transparancy, lacking in communication and i lost my trust in them after they updated their own Dash Force budget proposal to suddenly include agreeing to a Dash Force moderation style change on Dash Reddit and Dash.org/forum.
Mind you that their Dash Force budget proposal was running for many weeks already, garnered a lot of support (i also voted yes somewhere in august on this specific Dash Force proposal) and out of nowhere they introduced a few days ago this new moderator style that had nothing to do with
their original Dash Force operation costs / activities proposal. I feel like they abused my vote this way. They should have just made a seperate polling proposal on such an important topic as a change in moderation style on Dash forums, instead they went this rather shady / sneaky way.

With regards to demo : i think he gets more credit then he deserves. I have little doubt demo will manage to break even Dash Force rules, when it comes to posting and behaving on a public forum. I saw him once upload a picture from PIVX.org through his demo16 account, so i think he comes from the PIVX community.  

I dont really see a solution for the moderation style that Dash Force wants and the moderation style that Dash Nation currently provides. I just know that the Dash Nation moderation style worked well on their own Dash Nation Discord channel and masternodes did vote affirmative to have this moderation style & rules extended to Dash Reddit and Dash.org/forum. There was overwhelming support for.

Thanks for that comprehensive response qwizzie
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 08:29:37 PM

Bitcoin Core contributors Jimmy Song and Greg Maxwell encouraged using credit cards over Bitcoin for purchases, highlighting areas for growth for payments-focused cryptocurrencies.

In a recent tweet, Song, a Bitcoin Core contributor, encouraged users to employ credit cards for purchases and selling Bitcoin to pay off the bill, rather than use it for the payment directly:[/size]

...so they "solved" it. Nevermind that is so opposite to bare idea of bitcoin.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 09:11:41 PM

In a recent tweet, Song, a Bitcoin Core contributor, encouraged users to employ credit cards for purchases and selling Bitcoin to pay off the bill, rather than use it for the payment directly:[/size]

...so they "solved" it. Nevermind that is so opposite to bare idea of bitcoin.

Yeah great solution. Use a credit card for payments.   Roll Eyes
Or. Use DASH  Cool

But wait..  Protection against fraud? I was  a victim of fraud on a localbitcoins transaction, not only no protection, the bank kicked me out. It was quite traumatic, my money frozen for weeks with no explanation. I had no idea what or if I was accused of anything. F*ck the banks. Use Dash
demo16

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 09:50:08 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2018, 10:37:28 PM by demo16

The masternodes never voted for Tao to impose his own set of rules to dashtalk. Furthermore the way Tao imposed his own rules was both inconsistent and unfair! Thats the reason many people revolted against him.

Fortunately, Tao will never become again a moderator. This is the fate of all dictators, who dare to opress our right of free speech. The voting results in the dash budget system are clear. No more Tao anymore! https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Dash-Nation-DFO-2018-2019

Free speech is one of the most important rights to have. Brave men in the past gave their life for it, they fought and died for our essential rights, including freedom of speech. And every unfair, unjustified or untraceable/sneaky censoring of somebody is like a spit in the face of those men who sacrificed their life for conquering this right for all of us. In my case, the censorship proponents may think that my ban was fair, or justified. But what about the sneaky part of Tao's action? He did not announced my ban in dashtalk!!! Who knows how many like me he banned, in the same sneaky way? Even a censorship proponent should not accept Tao's sneaky attitude of killing without leaving any traces!

I recommend everyone over here not to use any Dash channel or forum any longer, where any biased kind of censorship is being applied. Because in being a partaker of such a platform, every participant (to some extent) agrees and condones its practices. Not liking somebody is OK, but seriously believing in having the right (or duty) to silence somebody or preventing him to express a challenging opinion or view, is not just plain wrong, but is pathetic. We should just leave these over-eager mods to themselves, so they can censor their own comments and ban each other until they are left with nothing but silence for moderation. Maybe they get a clue by then.

Never forget, death is a form of censorship. And censorship is a form of death. The one who fights for free speech, he fights for life. Vote for life and free speech, not for death and censorship! Long live the dash community!

Spit the cancer of censorship and of spamming out of the dash forums.
Let's LIBERATE the users/readers of the dash forums, NOW!

bittoyski

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 10:40:26 PM

hi, I am really glad the coin got such a great new dev!

I just saw there is a new windows miner xcoin-miner - but it has like 25/50 detection rate in virustotal - thats preety dark Wink I still have the old miner drk1.2b and it only has 7/50 so what happened? I am using the old miner for now, but should the new one be much faster? Seems to be complete different than previous. I also do not find the page where the new miner got released and discussed, so please someone tell me there is no trojan or whatever.

What do you mean new dev? I think Dash developer eduffield is a legend and very active dev since the Darkcoin days and one of the forerunners in the crypto field, having invented X11 and masternode technologies, he is irreplaceable.
afbitcoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2018, 10:58:32 PM

sneaky

Whats your thoughts on pivx?

Oh and you forgot to sign your message, how will  I know which demo poster I am in conversation with?

I agree with your sentiments though. Challenging opinions should not be censored. What do you think of the DashTalk sorry DashForce, no DashTalk discord. Anything sneaky there?
charlie137

Merit: 220

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 01:02:47 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2018, 05:11:58 PM by charlie137

pushed a few updates - everything looks dandy, but would be great to have some feedback from signers https://github.com/charlesrocket/dash-gitian
dropped kvm and lxc from init tasks, since docker is faster

/__      ___ (  /    
\\--`-'-|`---\\ |      AXErunners
 |' _/   ` __/ / 
 '._  W    ,--'     
    |_:_._/
Oranium80

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 01:30:04 AM

i dont know about others but i am impressed and loving the adoption were seeing in Venezuela and a few more countries are jumping on board which is what everyone has been waiting for, i know its a bad thing to say but im going to be happy to see another crash like 2008 that was the beginning of the good old bitcoin, the next time this happens crypto in general will have its chance to show the world its the better solution for the shit financial system we currently have which is old, outdated and only makes the banks stronger and us the little people under their control and basically using our money to grow their wealth while risking money that does not belong to them.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
Pages: « 1 ... 6623 6624 6625 6626 6627 6628 6629 6630 6631 6632 6633 6634 6635 6636 6637 6638 6639 6640 6641 6642 6643 6644 6645 6646 6647 6648 6649 6650 6651 6652 6653 6654 6655 6656 6657 6658 6659 6660 6661 6662 6663 6664 6665 6666 6667 6668 6669 6670 6671 6672 [6673] 6674 6675 6676 6677 6678 6679 6680 6681 6682 6683 6684 6685 6686 6687 6688 6689 6690 6691 6692 6693 6694 6695 6696 6697 6698 6699 6700 6701 6702 6703 6704 6705 6706 6707 6708 6709 6710 6711 6712 6713 6714 6715 6716 6717 6718 6719 6720 6721 6722 6723 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: