Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722497 times)
HollowStorm

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:56:47 PM

Does anybody know why my darkcoin p2pool puts the CPU at 100% usage? Sad
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:00:16 PM

Found a couple of explanations here, so just forwarding the quotes:

None of that addressed my questions.

A lack of response to some technical questions raised a few pages back seems to be tanking confidence in DRK...

And what question might that be?

Several points, which I disagree with, relating to darksend integration and anonymity protections.

I'm satisfied from my own research, but I didn't see any response to the questions raised...

Correct. Astute.

Zerocoin is around the corner, which doesn't suffer from the issue of being able to track amounts using coinjoin which is what Darkcoin is using. So that already means there is going to be a superior anonymous coin out there.

It also doesn't suffer from the issue of having to have 2 or more transactions occur at the same time for a darksend transaction to go through(otherwise there will be delays).

Zerocoin doesn't provide IP anonymity either.

Also subject to timing and pattern analysis.

Can be honeypotted too, etc..

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 04:15:03 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 04:28:35 PM by eduffield

It appears the technical design of this DarkCoin is fundamentally flawed and can't be fixed.

There must be some proof that senders sent transactions for all peers on the network to verify before they can accept the block and begin working on the next block solution. Such proof must exist otherwise balances could be stolen by rogue peers.

Thus I must assume you are doing a CoinJoin-like proof for all senders that in that block. And I assume these proofs are transmitted with the block, even if you purge them later (using a proof-of-work chain such as in the mini block chain design).

The problem is that CoinJoin is subject to denial-of-service attack in that if any sender fails to sign in the second step, then no senders can send.

Thus CoinJoin can't scale to a larger number of senders joined. It works best with a few senders and the probability of denial-of-service (rogue sender) is low.

My proposed solution to this issue is to have a deterministic master and slave node based on each block that is solved. When entering the pool, a user will be required to make out a multisig 2 of 2 payment to master and slave nodes. So for example, User A wants to pay User B 50DRK, to enter the pool the user must provide the 2 of 2 multisig transaction for $1 to the master and slave. Only in the case that the user doesn't provide outputs or sign will that check be cashed and it must be redeemed by both parties. This process would be deterministic and tamper proof and would add great cost to messing with the network.

Did you even read the CoinJoin thread carefully?

Of course.

There is a second insoluble flaw that CoinJoin does nothing to obscure IP address and thus you have no anonymity against powerful entities.
There is no reliable anonymity possible in Bitcoin against the NSA+GCHQ+G20 tax and law enforcement. Forget it.
There is anonymity in Bitcoin against other less powerful entities.

First off Darkcoin uses a peer-to-peer protocol layer for DarkSend, so the inputs/outputs/signatures are broadcast at different stages then relayed through the network. It’s impossible to tell if you’re getting the input/output/signature from the one who originated it. So you seem to be implying that some government would have packet sniffing technology recording everything happening in Darkcoin. That’s pretty crazy and far fetched and completely invalidated if your traffic is coming through encrypted channels.

However, the goal of Darkcoin is not to do illegal things, the goal is to make a “dark blockchain” , that is less visible and improves privacy. I think you're taking this overboard. If you're wanting to do something and you're scared the government is going to put the pieces together then you shouldn't be doing it, that's not what this was designed for.

This whole arguement is a false dichotomy, we're not talking black and white here but shades of grey. Darkcoin still adds 95% to the privacy of users and in the future that will only increase. I don't have the perfect solution, but I have the best one that currently exists. Darkcoin’s anonymity is still worlds ahead of every other crypto, so I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:24:35 PM

Darkcoin’s anonymity is still worlds ahead of every other crypto, so I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.

Pretty sure that guy believes Bitcoin itself is a scam run by the NSA to create a New World Order currency where everything is tracked, at least that's what I got from reading his posts.  It's hard keeping up with his threads.  He doesn't seem to like Bitcoin, and offers no developmental solutions to any of the supposed problems he talks about, while claiming to be an authority figure and/or developer himself.  Not sure why he even posts on this site.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
slyA

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:26:55 PM

Darkcoin’s anonymity is still worlds ahead of every other crypto, so I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.

Pretty sure that guy believes Bitcoin itself is a scam run by the NSA to create a New World Order currency, at least that's what I got from reading his posts.  It's hard keeping up with his threads.  He doesn't seem to like Bitcoin, and offers no developmental solutions to any of the supposed problems he talks about, while claiming to be an authority figure and/or developer himself.  Not sure why he even posts.

Right? I read it too. The bloke is an abrasive twat. He tends to huff and puff. Classic bold letter tactic. I expect this drama to continue.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:33:49 PM

Pretty sure that guy believes Bitcoin itself is a scam run by the NSA to create a New World Order currency, at least that's what I got from reading his posts.  It's hard keeping up with his threads.  He doesn't seem to like Bitcoin, and offers no developmental solutions to any of the supposed problems he talks about, while claiming to be an authority figure and/or developer himself.  Not sure why he even posts.

Right? I read it too. The bloke is an abrasive twat. He tends to huff and puff. Classic bold letter tactic. I expect this drama to continue.

It's probably like that Hal Turner guy.  The radio guy that was supposedly a far right "extremist" that talked about far right issues, then mixed in racial genocide and white power to try and poison the issues to the general public.  He threatened the lives of judges, so they try to throw him in jail , meanwhile it turns out the FBI is paying him to do it.

When the govt wastes money on having thousands of cops pretending to be little girls on the internet every day, they probably have 1000 of those people on this site.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:37:03 PM

Wait for my reply. I am studying his response now. I am not Hal Turner. My real name is clearly written at the top of my Bitcoin : The Digital Kill Switch thread.

Truth is (Damned Facts are) abrasive. Sorry about that. You can complain to the Gods for that.

There are major flaws in his design.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
slyA

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:39:35 PM

Wait for my reply. I am studying his response now. I am not Hal Turner. My real name is clearly written at the top of my Bitcoin : The Digital Kill Switch thread.

Truth is (Damned Facts are) abrasive. Sorry about that. You can complain to the Gods for that.

There are major flaws in his design.

o_o...

Haha! Okay guys, where are the cameras? This has to be a prank.

Guys? ... Guys?!
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:44:28 PM

Truth is abrasive. Sorry about that. You can complain to the Gods for that.

o_o...

Guys? ... Guys?!

He is clearly raising important issues about privacy, so instead of trying to circlejerk around you might want to either answer him or stay out of the conversation.

Bitcoin is clearly easily tracked by agensies such as the NSA and this might become a huge issue in the future.

Would this forum be better if it was mindless pro bitcoin "to the moon" rethoric?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
slyA

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:53:37 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 05:07:45 PM by slyA

Truth is abrasive. Sorry about that. You can complain to the Gods for that.

o_o...

Guys? ... Guys?!

He is clearly raising important issues about privacy, so instead of trying to circlejerk around you might want to either answer him or stay out of the conversation.

Bitcoin is clearly easily tracked by agensies such as the NSA and this might become a huge issue in the future.

Would this forum be better if it was mindless pro bitcoin "to the moon" rethoric?

Oh fuck off with that trite nonesense mate. I don't pretend to have an Nth of knowledge in the inner workings of computers but to say I am cirlce jerking is just plain stupid.

He came in here with bolded texts talking about how there is a major flaw in the design. The dev answered him and from what I gleaned, it's an argument on perspective.

What you and him are frothing at the mouth for is a laughable imagination borne from too much Jean La Carre novels and reading one too many Gordon Gekko fan fics with your stylistically dystopian vision of an anti-libertarian autocracy.

He did not raise important issues except felate himself on his rudimentary knowledge. That much is evident by reading his cringe worthy de jure dick flaunt here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=160612.20

His responses are manic and extremely narcissistic to the point of self parody. He barely responded to responses he got and  shifted goal posts which I'm pretty sure he is going to want to do here.

Reading the carefully directed reference to his name in the thread above, his motives were as clear as his day. He proposed his failed "anonymous" experiment(anonymint.org) in lieu of bitcoin but I'm pretty sure it did not take off. So his next step? To try and come here with the same adorably obnoxious rantings about the eye in the sky taking a voyeuristic gander into our private wallets. He is an opinionated dreamer with too much time on his hands.

You on the other hand align clearly with his call to arms and your haughty attempt at elevating your status as a mere spectator in this gladiator match of lion vs blow horn is laughable.

So why don't you get off your goddamn high horse and not take my comments so seriously? Cunt.
Kartoff

Activity: 187

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:58:16 PM

Hi all, I managed to set up minerd to CPU to mine for DRK, but is is a waste of time (5 hours and nothing), so I bought a graphics card to up my hash rate, but I seem to be having issues?

cgminer doesn't seem to be detecting my card?

I'm running linux mint 32bit, my graphics card is an GeForce GT 610.

How do I set up AMD-APP-SDK for my card?

Is there a really good "noob" friendly guide to setting up my graphics card to mine on linux? (I love linux, but it can be a pain in the ass installing software).

Many thanks in advance for any info to help a noob miner out Smiley

Dude you totally messed up things !!! I do not understand why you doing that in this way but this is the firs time in my life when someone try to do something and did every single step wrong Cheesy

First of all you must have 64bit OS instead of 32bit !
You bought totally wrong card, 1st it is NVidia but should be AMD and 2nd you get GT 610 wich is so funny because it is a crap and very cheap and maybe it will be less powerful than some CPU's... Card for mining should be at least $300, i mean R9 280x R9 290, R9 290x...
Yes you cannot expect put AMD software on NVidia card Wink
trademark
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:01:37 PM

Is there something wrong with the darkcoin official pool?  http://pool.darkcoin.io/index.php
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:02:51 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 06:26:33 PM by AnonyMint

I am sorry to have to explain this bad news to you, because I understand you have good intentions. It is better you know as early as possible. Apologies I didn't see your thread until now, otherwise I would have told you sooner.

It appears the technical design of this DarkCoin is fundamentally flawed and can't be fixed.

There must be some proof that senders sent transactions for all peers on the network to verify before they can accept the block and begin working on the next block solution. Such proof must exist otherwise balances could be stolen by rogue peers.

Thus I must assume you are doing a CoinJoin-like proof for all senders that in that block. And I assume these proofs are transmitted with the block, even if you purge them later (using a proof-of-work chain such as in the mini block chain design).

The problem is that CoinJoin is subject to denial-of-service attack in that if any sender fails to sign in the second step, then no senders can send.

Thus CoinJoin can't scale to a larger number of senders joined. It works best with a few senders and the probability of denial-of-service (rogue sender) is low.

My proposed solution to this issue is to have a deterministic master and slave node based on each block that is solved.

Any thing deterministic violates the Byzantine General's solution of proof-of-work and can be defrauded. What will happen is the fraudsters will game this deterministic selection to put themselves in control. Understand that the fundamental genius of Satoshi's invention is that nothing can be known about the next block winner a priori. I explained in great detail why all non-PoW systems, e.g. proof-of-stake, are thus not secure. If you introduce determinism (e.g. a pseudorandom number generator is controlled by whom ever controls the initial seed) then you've lost that key attribute of PoW w.r.t. to your use in controlling the denial-of-service of enjoining transactions in the CoinJoin algorithm.

When entering the pool, a user will be required to make out a multisig 2 of 2 payment to master and slave nodes. So for example, User A wants to pay User B 50DRK, to enter the pool the user must provide the 2 of 2 multisig transaction for $1 to the master and slave. Only in the case that the user doesn't provide outputs or sign will that check be cashed and it must be redeemed by both parties. This process would be deterministic and tamper proof and would add great cost to messing with the network.

I considered this approach and may have even written about it in my comments in the CoinJoin thread. I dismissed it because anything deterministic can be gamed. The problem of gaining consensus in untrusted networks is precisely what the Byzantine General's problem is all about. From 1975 when it was discovered no one had a solution until Satoshi published.

Not understanding this, is fundamentally not understanding Bitcoin and decentralized crypto-currency.

This is not a small mistake. It is fundamental.

And as far as I can see, most altcoins are created by amateurs who do not have the mathematical ability and should not be entrusted with such a task. Primecoin is an exception and a genuine advance, although I feel prime chains may be less secure due to the hidden order in them which could be found one day.

There is a second insoluble flaw that CoinJoin does nothing to obscure IP address and thus you have no anonymity against powerful entities.
There is no reliable anonymity possible in Bitcoin against the NSA+GCHQ+G20 tax and law enforcement. Forget it.

First off Darkcoin uses a peer-to-peer protocol layer for DarkSend, so the inputs/outputs/signatures are broadcast at different stages then relayed through the network. It’s impossible to tell if you’re getting the input/output/signature from the one who originated it. So you seem to be implying that some government would have packet sniffing technology recording everything happening in Darkcoin. That’s pretty crazy and far fetched and completely invalidated if your traffic is coming through encrypted channels.

No it is not crazy nor far-fetched.

https://blog.torproject.org/blog/one-cell-enough

Low-latency Chaum mix-nets are in fact very easy to foil with traffic analysis, sometimes even only needing to see the entry and/or exit nodes.

Encrypting the packets doesn't stop the traffic analysis from working. And especially so in this case, because the recipients (who can decrypt the packets) of the encrypted packets are not trusted websites, but rather untrusted nodes on the P2P network.

However, the goal of Darkcoin is not to do illegal things, the goal is to make a “dark blockchain” , that is less visible and improves privacy. I think you're taking this overboard. If you're wanting to do something and you're scared the government is going to put the pieces together then you shouldn't be doing it, that's not what this was designed for.

Okay if you are saying this is for anonymity against everything except the very powerful entities such as the intelligence services of governments, then I can agree with you that your mixer probably adds anonymity (but I reserve a caveat that I haven't see your code nor all the details of your design in order to know if it might actually be worse, i.e. the security hole I mentioned above and ability of the I guess the pool to decrypt the packets).

But I am exactly concerned about the ability of governments to take over crypto-currencies due to the fact they can identify the owners of the coins. So for me, I am not satisfied with your design.

Also as I said above, you have a serious flaw in the security of your design.

This whole arguement is a false dichotomy, we're not talking black and white here but shades of grey. Darkcoin still adds 95% to the privacy of users and in the future that will only increase. I don't have the perfect solution, but I have the best one that currently exists. Darkcoin’s anonymity is still worlds ahead of every other crypto, so I’m not sure what you’re complaining about.

It adds probably only 5% if we are talking about the capabilities of the NSA. For less powerful adversaries, I can agree to the conceptual figure of 95%.

You are not ahead of my crypto on mixing. But mine is not released.

darkproton

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:09:07 PM

My proposed solution to this issue is to have a deterministic master and slave node based on each block that is solved. When entering the pool, a user will be required to make out a multisig 2 of 2 payment to master and slave nodes. So for example, User A wants to pay User B 50DRK, to enter the pool the user must provide the 2 of 2 multisig transaction for $1 to the master and slave. Only in the case that the user doesn't provide outputs or sign will that check be cashed and it must be redeemed by both parties. This process would be deterministic and tamper proof and would add great cost to messing with the network.

Did you even read the CoinJoin thread carefully?

Of course.

Great explanation!
slyA

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

JUST AS I PREDICTED. LMFAO.

Your advertisement is so contrived that I wont do you the pleasure of asking for your coin... Anonymint*wink wink*
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:17:54 PM

Your advertisement is so contrived that I wont do you the pleasure of asking for your coin... Anonymint*wink wink*

I have refused to tell any one, so why would I tell you (you jealous, technically ignorant imbecile).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.msg5458902#msg5458902
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.msg5442231#msg5442231
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=455141.msg5436637#msg5436637

If you understood math, you would realize that I just explained that DarkCoin can't be secure against denial-of-service attacks (on enjoining transactions), at least as I understood the design as described in summary form.

But since you are ignorant of the technical details, you blissfully spout off like a good Dunning-Kruger idiot should.

HollowStorm

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:22:26 PM

Help with setting up p2pool: Do p2pools run with 100% CPU Usage?
slyA

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:25:43 PM

I have refused to tell any one, so why would I tell you.

The stupidity in what you're trying to do is making my giggle. Basically you're trying to reverse advertise your product by hinting at it and basically going around and attacking your competitors. True or yes?

You tried the same thing when you saw bitcoin crossed the 1 billion dollar market cap true or yes?

You heard of dark coin and felt the need to rabble with a problem where in you will produce your coin as the solution true or yes?

It is at this point that you will drum up interest based on intrigue and curiosity via all your BOLD TEXT CLAIMS of world wide government collusion and conspiracy. True or yes?

You have already steered the conversation to your post disparaging bitcoin as a mold waiting for the cartels to bend to their whims true or yes?

This has to be the most laughable attemt at marketing an idea I've ever seen. Again. I will not ask you for your coin. If you were a serious individual, you would not need to piggy back off the publicity of already established properties to raise awareness for your "solution". Release it and let it speak for itself.
AnonyMint

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:28:18 PM

Dunning-Kruger dolts are not concerned about the important details of technology, instead only politics and promotion.

Try re-reading my prior post.

I promise you this. I will never announce an altcoin, nor use my reputation to promote one. So you are just full of horseshit.

slyA

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:31:26 PM

Dunning-Kruger dolts are not concerned about the important details of technology, instead only politics and promotion.

Try re-reading my prior post.

I promise you this. I will never announce an altcoin, nor use my reputation to promote one. So you are just full of horseshit.

Strike 2 for retardation. Are you looking at the thread you are in? Dark coin has had next to no politics and promotion. Have you scrolled through this thread? Have you seen any major piece on darkcoin?

This coin has been propelled by sheer details but you are too stupid to realise it. So keep it up you predictable isiot. Link more of your histrionic technobabble.

You have tried to use your "reputation" to promote your agenda which is to stir up intrigue in your "coin" so dont be a fucking idiot. Not everyone is a gullible as you think.
Pages: « 1 ... 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 [298] 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: