Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:11:17 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722711 times)
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:09:28 AM

Dear DRK community, I have something I need to get off my chest.

I sold some of my coins at 0.02 the other day.  It has been bothering me a lot that I momentarily lacked the faith and vision to hold.  It was only a few coins but I am asking for forgiveness please.

I am stronger now and will hold the remainder of my coins and continue to mine at a loss.

I feel better that I have shared.  

Thank you for listening.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:14:22 AM

I sold some of my coins at 0.02 the other day.  It has been bothering me a lot that I momentarily lacked the faith and vision to hold.  It was only a few coins but I am asking for forgiveness please.

I am stronger now and will hold the remainder of my coins and continue to mine at a loss.

Thank you for listening.

Dude, seriously, this is not a matter of religion ("faith" and "vision"). Sorry that I pick on you, nothing personal, but the amateurish attitude in this thread is really becoming a contraindicator to me. Sentiment wise this sounds like seriously overbought to me, but I guess the mania has not even started so I`ll keep my masternodes...but please, man up folks.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:14:25 AM

I want to buy dark but I'm having problem with creating a paper wallet. can anyone help? This is the problem I am having: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg6887362#msg6887362

PM eduffield
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:17:11 AM

Something is broken. Not sure if it is the wallet or the paper wallet generator, but if I dumpprivkey in the console and load it into wallet details at http://paper.darkcoin.io/ it won't load. "Not a valid private key." I tried both clients, and same thing. It's important for me to print the wallet details for my safe keeping if I am going to buy into a coin. Any suggestions?

I don't quite understand.  You made a paper wallet, and you are trying to import it into a wallet?  Does it have any coins in it?  It might be that if the wallet was never used, no coins ever went into it, that it will reject when you try to import it into a wallet.

Try putting a very small amount into it perhaps if that's the case, then try again to import it.  Never use the paper wallet more than once.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:18:49 AM

Something is broken. Not sure if it is the wallet or the paper wallet generator, but if I dumpprivkey in the console and load it into wallet details at http://paper.darkcoin.io/ it won't load. "Not a valid private key." I tried both clients, and same thing. It's important for me to print the wallet details for my safe keeping if I am going to buy into a coin. Any suggestions?

I don't quite understand.  You made a paper wallet, and you are trying to import it into a wallet?  Does it have any coins in it?  It might be that if the wallet was never used, no coins ever went into it, that it will reject when you try to import it into a wallet.

Try putting a very small amount into it perhaps if that's the case, then try again to import it.  Never use the paper wallet more than once.

It's not working chaeplin (or it was someone else) tested it for him yesterday.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:21:07 AM

Hi folks,

first of all...I like VTC AND DRK and I don`t quite get why people see the need to choose one and only one coin they like and "defend".
I just read this post on the VTC reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2690jj/vertcoin_darkcoin/

OP has a point, but damn those comments are beyond horrible and almost everyone of them has dangerous superficial knowledge. They're probably butthurt Litecoin2.0 aka Vertcoin didn't take off.

Yeah, I know, but that is/was not the point of my post.

I am an investor and I prefer not to fall too much in love with my investments, so I do not take it as the best indicator that there are no substantial answers to my questions.
I really like DRK, but fanboi behavior makes me worry. To me, not only those spreading "FUD" are trolls. The immature "to da moon" and "drk über alles" guys are as well (not talking about you in particular, even if your comment about "butthurt" vtc investors does not add any substantial info and I`am saying this as someone who dumped almost all his VTC to jump on the DRK bandwagon a few weeks ago).

Edit: I`m actually bottom fishing and rebalancing a bit towards VTC again. This Stealth Adress concept sounds interesting and so far no DRK expert could answer whether DRK is going to be able to replicate that.

Contemplate this: Dark is simultaneously being "attacked" by Bytecoin clones for not being anonymous enough and then Vertcoin comes along and says "oh you are too anonymous for our preference".

Darkcoin is the main river right now, carrying on with the anonymity. Everyone is trying to be the tributary river who gains money off Drk by inventing "problems" that they can "improve upon".

Vertcoin discovered that the "problem" of Darkcoin is too much anonymity and it has the solution to "fix it": Privacy.

Bytecoin clones discovered that the "problem" of Darkcoin is that it's level of anonymity is not like NSA-proof grade, and thus "not anonymous" (yet BCN + clones aren't NSA proof either and if they say they are = it's snake oil). But that's secondary to the huge other problems they have in terms of being an untested blockchain platform (or those of usability and scaling).
lunswor

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:21:54 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 02:24:20 PM by lunswor

Dark Coin Pool
0% FEES
US and EU Stratum servers.
SSL secured
Multiple SSD servers in cluster
Top level of support

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
c0inwhale

Activity: 12
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:23:56 AM

It's not working chaeplin (or it was someone else) tested it for him yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up, I missed that post in the sea.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:26:39 AM

Thank you for listening.

Dude, seriously, this is not a matter of religion ("faith" and "vision"). Sorry that I pick on you, nothing personal, but the amateurish attitude in this thread is really becoming a contraindicator to me. Sentiment wise this sounds like seriously overbought to me, but I guess the mania has not even started so I`ll keep my masternodes...but please, man up folks.
No. Get it through your thick skulls that darkcoin is the Swiss banking of the crypto world. Those of you who never owned significant assets before may not realise what you own. Don't give up your darks for chump change. Open the EYES.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:28:17 AM

Contemplate this: Dark is simultaneously being "attacked" by Bytecoin clones for not being anonymous enough and then Vertcoin comes along and says "oh you are too anonymous for our preference".

Darkcoin is the main river right now, carrying on with the anonymity. Everyone is trying to be the tributary river who gains money off Drk by inventing "problems" that they can "improve upon".

Vertcoin discovered that the "problem" of Darkcoin is too much anonymity and it has the solution to "fix it": Privacy.

Bytecoin clones discovered that the "problem" of Darkcoin is that it's level of anonymity is not like NSA-proof grade, and thus "not anonymous" (yet BCN + clones aren't NSA proof either and if they say they are = it's snake oil). But that's secondary to the huge other problems they have in terms of being an untested blockchain platform (or usability and scaling).

I don`t actually care if DRK is "attacked" by someone. I would care on a personal level if Evan was "attacked". That`s why I do not like those instamine rumours. But DRK is not my local football team. It`s a coin competing with others.
"Vertcoin" did not discover anything, the OP in the reddit did point out the difference between privacy and anonymity and I think he has a point. I actually like DRK because to me Evan is the kind of guy who would not feel "attacked" by such a comment but say "ok, intersting, let`s implement that as well".
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:28:49 AM

Hi folks,

first of all...I like VTC AND DRK and I don`t quite get why people see the need to choose one and only one coin they like and "defend".
I just read this post on the VTC reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/vertcoin/comments/2690jj/vertcoin_darkcoin/

OP has a point, but damn those comments are beyond horrible and almost everyone of them has dangerous superficial knowledge. They're probably butthurt Litecoin2.0 aka Vertcoin didn't take off.

Yeah, I know, but that is/was not the point of my post.

I am an investor and I prefer not to fall too much in love with my investments, so I do not take it as the best indicator that there are no substantial answers to my questions.
I really like DRK, but fanboi behavior makes me worry. To me, not only those spreading "FUD" are trolls. The immature "to da moon" and "drk über alles" guys are as well (not talking about you in particular, even if your comment about "butthurt" vtc investors does not add any substantial info and I`am saying this as someone who dumped almost all his VTC to jump on the DRK bandwagon a few weeks ago).

Edit: I`m actually bottom fishing and rebalancing a bit towards VTC again. This Stealth Adress concept sounds interesting and so far no DRK expert could answer whether DRK is going to be able to replicate that.

Bytecoin clones discovered that the "problem" of Darkcoin is that it's level of anonymity is not like NSA-proof grade, and thus "not anonymous" (yet BCN + clones aren't NSA proof either and if they say they are = it's snake oil). But that's secondary to the huge other problems they have in terms of being an untested blockchain platform (or those of usability and scaling).

I enjoy reading your posts. AlexGR - the sound of reason.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:30:00 AM

Thank you for listening.

No. Get it through your thick skulls that darkcoin is the Swiss banking of the crypto world. Those of you who never owned significant assets before may not realise what you own. Don't give up your darks for chump change. Open the EYES.

He's a holder. You are preaching to the choir. And he does have a point that the silly one-liner messages have escalated after the price rise, but that's, up to a degree, normal because there were a lot of new arrivals due to the attention.
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 12:31:23 AM

Vertcoin is that funny green coin no one heard about. Darkcoin are the guys who had the guts to do WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE: give ordinary people a right to privacy with their funds.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Macno
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:36:05 AM

Dude, do you even know what you are talking about? Swiss banking? Try and get a swiss bank account as an american citizen for instance. DRK is in fact far superior to the swiss franc in many ways, but in others it is not. I actually agree with most of your comments, especially those ones about people selling to early, but try staying rational. I am not even a talented short term trader, just a pretty seasoned investor, but selling some DRK into parabolic rises and buying them back much cheaper IS nice and easier than I ever thought with such irrational behavior around here.
And keep your mind open for doubts. DRK might be THE thing. But maybe not. It`s not about faith, it`s about facts and fundamentals. Let`s discuss those.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:39:38 AM

Vertcoin is that funny green coin no one heard about. Darkcoin are the guys who had the guts to do WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE: give ordinary people a right to privacy with their funds.

I hold some Verts so I don't want to bad-mouth them or anything, but I remember vividly that when we were both around #20-25 in coinmarketcap that they were saying that they will not go for anonymity etc because it's shady, it'll go nowhere etc etc. Their prediction fell tremendously off because they never did their homework regarding explosive growth in new markets and transparent vs anonymous market share in terms of total marketcap. Even if they didn't, they could have read it (from me - if they read the DRK thread, as I don't post DRK market analyses on the vert thread).

Now they are jumping on the bandwagon, but with a twist so that they don't admit their mistake.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:41:13 AM

Darkcoin are the guys who had the guts to do WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE: give ordinary people a right to privacy with their funds.
This is what it boils down to for me. I'm supporting what I genuinely (mock me all you like, I'm far too old to care  Tongue) believe is important to society at large. Making a bit of extra pocket money along the way is just the icing.

I haven't had the time yet to read up on this stealth address thing, but I'm confident that if it's deemed worthwhile, DRK can implement it too. As TanteStefana and others keep pointing out, Evan isn't religious about his code, he's ruthless. What needs doing gets done.

Macno
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:46:31 AM

Now they are jumping on the bandwagon, but with a twist so that they don't admit their mistake.

Yes, maybe, who cares if "they" admit it or not, but isn`t this stealth adress concept interesting? And again...my original question...I am not programmer, but couldn`t it be made an option with DRK? I`d like a coin with this feature and I would prefer having ONE having both features and yes, I`d be fine if the coin was DRK.

PS:
Sometimes many discussions here remind me discussions with gold bugs who do not like silver bugs who do not like bitcoin bugs who do not like altcoin bugs...it`s almost like the factions in the Life of Brian.
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:46:57 AM

Those of you who never owned significant assets before may not realise what you own. Don't give up your darks for chump change. Open the EYES.
I like that phrase "significant asset". Very good descriptor.  And clearly the fact that we are staying up here after such an amazing rally tells me there are many large investors quietly and consistently buying up DRK being sold for "chump change".
These large investors will need to boost their offer price by 500x to get 1 DRK out of me. Yes, 500x. FTW
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:49:57 AM

Thank you for listening.

He's a holder. You are preaching to the choir. And he does have a point that the silly one-liner messages have escalated after the price rise, but that's, up to a degree, normal because there were a lot of new arrivals due to the attention.

With my blurring vision and fat fingers....can I just point out that, recognising that I can be a bit of a one-liner cheerleader, the rise in the price (which has helped to gain media attention and provided tons of free marketing which saves on the planned PR costs) is helping to secure the master nodes network from spotty faced hacks potentially causing problems when they go live - because they can't afford too many of them.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:51:16 AM

Those of you who never owned significant assets before may not realise what you own. Don't give up your darks for chump change. Open the EYES.
I like that phrase "significant asset". Very good descriptor.  And clearly the fact that we are staying up here after such an amazing rally tells me there are many large investors quietly and consistently buying up DRK being sold for "chump change".
These large investors will need to boost their offer price by 500x to get 1 DRK out of me. Yes, 500x. FTW
JL

Just on the off chance, are you Nr.1?
Pages: « 1 ... 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: