Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:33:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722501 times)
baddw

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:41:54 PM

Oke let's see. I'm holding my btc for months now (before Doge, nice community,  but i'm not into crypto to lose money but to save money). So DRK appeared on my radar a few weeks ago (still kicking myself from not bying) and I purchased a decent amount a couple a days ago.

My only concern is: why wouldn't it crash like ALL the other altcoins did, that's the only reason why i'm not really into altcoins and was/am a big bitcoinbeliever. But I could really see Bitcoin as the big brother and DRK as the anonymous little brother.

I really love the concept of DRK but I'm just concerned about the fact that all the other altcoins have been pumped and dumped.

Could someone convince me to HODL! or even buy more...

Mate, I've been here from almost the beginning. If there is one thing I'll tell you honestly, it's that the coin is being pumped. That is the truth. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying to you.

I have quite a bit of DRK and I've made some money off it. Just don't listen to people speaking good tidings. This is reminiscent of the vertcoin pump in february. Don't get caught in all the hoopla.

What's surprising is the sensible regulars who I thought wouldn't get caught up in the "to the moon" craze are also cheering people on in this pump.

IMO what puts the lie to the "this is just a pump" statement is volume.  DRK has seen multiple $1M+ days and topped out at almost $5M volume in one day.  Vert had a single $1M+ day, and nothing else has come close.

http://coinmarketcap.com/drk_90.html
http://coinmarketcap.com/vtc_180.html

There is a ton of money being put into DRK right now.  If the volume were low then it would be easy to say that it's being manipulated and pumped.  The volume is so high that there's no way that a single person or small group of people is responsible for everything that we've seen.  Not to say that it's immune from manipulation (I do think the price is being shepherded by some whales) but we would not be seeing the kind of volume that we're seeing if this was just a few people trading back and forth.  There is significant new money entering the DRK ecosystem, and that is what is really driving the price.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:43:06 PM

Mate, I've been here from almost the beginning. If there is one thing I'll tell you honestly, it's that the coin is being pumped. That is the truth. Anyone who tries to tell you otherwise is lying to you.

I have quite a bit of DRK and I've made some money off it. Just don't listen to people speaking good tidings. This is reminiscent of the vertcoin pump in february. Don't get caught in all the hoopla.

What's surprising is the sensible regulars who I thought wouldn't get caught up in the "to the moon" craze are also cheering people on in this pump.

Comparing Darkcoin to Vertcoin... their only common point is the suffix "coin". You claim since the 15th of this month that it's a pump so I suppose that you already dumped all you had @ 0.013-0.014...

Come on guys. Even the long termers here are claiming its not a pump? really? can you not remember black coin? those weird walls are stable pump and dump signs. ride the waves but don't get greedy. it always happens.
cryptodruti

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:43:49 PM

0.02 in the next 24hrs  Grin
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:44:18 PM

When the ring signatures have appeared ? What are the advantages ring signatures have over darksend and what disadvantages ? I can hear only trolls with posts like (...) .

You can find your answers here:

http://wiki.darkcoin.eu/wiki/FAQ#Is_Darkcoin_technologically_superior_to_other_anonymous_solutions.3F

I can see it now. There is only shitclones like monero what implemented a quarter of what is need it to became a true anonymous coin .

This is as dumb as saying DRK is a clone of BTC.
DRK uses BTC as a base
MRO uses BCN as a base

get your facts straight.
What, exactly, has MRO added to the BCN code base? Please tell me.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:44:31 PM

Anyone know a way to export the trade history from Mintpal?
solo20

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:46:40 PM

Let me get a mercedes benz. I'm selling 7800 units DRK!

mercedes benz is a money pit when it comes to repairs don't waste your money on that junk
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:47:31 PM

Let me get a mercedes benz. I'm selling 7800 units DRK!
Get a Mercedes now. Or wait and buy an island in a year.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:49:50 PM

It's a feature there going to implement in the future. 
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:51:03 PM

I just cut'n'paste it straight into LibreOffice Calc. (My trade history that is, apologies if you meant the entire trade history of DRK)
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:53:31 PM

Oke let's see. I'm holding my btc for months now (before Doge, nice community,  but i'm not into crypto to lose money but to save money). So DRK appeared on my radar a few weeks ago (still kicking myself from not bying) and I purchased a decent amount a couple a days ago.
My only concern is: why wouldn't it crash like ALL the other altcoins did, that's the only reason why i'm not really into altcoins and was/am a big bitcoinbeliever. But I could really see Bitcoin as the big brother and DRK as the anonymous little brother.
I really love the concept of DRK but I'm just concerned about the fact that all the other altcoins have been pumped and dumped.

This has been over and over again.
1) 5 or so pump attempts and no dump. Any other coin done that?
2) Other coins are purely about speculation/trading. This one brings value as it has a real use for it. Actual business use cases.
3) Darkcoin is constantly developed, with a real people behind it, not hiding behind forum nicknames.

One could expand and go on and on, but I think these clues are enough.
Think and make your own mind.

So you're telling me those walls of 100 +btc are just people looking to buy in? come on mate don't be ridiculous.

Have you not seen the flash crashes that always happen once the walls get removed?

Everytime the price dipped 40 to 50 percent, it's because someone sold into the walls or the walls were removed. That is it.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:57:05 PM

It's been an amazing month, but let's not create hopes that can't be fulfilled. If it falls I expect it to rise again, but there will be price drops along the way! And it will be ok  Smiley

yeb, that is a correct statement.

...but on the other hand we are at 0.016 at the moment
aaaaand at 0.017 there is a #4 spot a snarier occupied to long  Grin

Your ambitions need to be adjusted higher.

On the 'to the moon' thing. Lets face it, the free marketing the price rise has provided is worth some of the risks for speculative action? Happy to stand corrected on that. But being in the top 10 on coin market cap has:

1. provided exposure to those that never knew darkcoin existed. The hash rate has gone up.
2. The sustained price at higher levels has brought in significant trading volume, those with issues about early adopters having had more time to mine waiting for the right time to dump the coin into hell - well that argument has a few holes in it now.
3. The threat of being drowned out as a copy coin by high profile zercoash - well that just got kicked into the long grass.
4. Wired would never have written about Darkcoin and provided extensive exposure. Watch other trade press follow suit. Coindesk as already retweeted the Wired article.

On the negative side, the price increase does put a little more pressure on everyone on the development side. There is a fine balance with these things sometimes, but as we still have a way to go before reaching that $1bn valuation, I say this is the kind of exposure any start-up would get if a VC had just invested $30m into it, that is where we are at, IMO: first / second round of funding.

slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 07:57:29 PM

Comparing Darkcoin to Vertcoin... their only common point is the suffix "coin". You claim since the 15th of this month that it's a pump so I suppose that you already dumped all you had @ 0.013-0.014...

Come on guys. Even the long termers here are claiming its not a pump? really? can you not remember black coin? those weird walls are stable pump and dump signs. ride the waves but don't get greedy. it always happens.

There's no need to get snarky mate. If you went trawling through my history to dig up THAt quote then you must really need to convince yourself that this is not a pump.

I won't say anything anymore since I like the coin and have defended it quite a bit.

Black coin was pumped for 1 month straight from 500 satoshi to 80k satoshi. Where is black coin now?

Do you remember those huge buy walls? Do you remember that black coin was also POS?

Darck coin does not yet have enough marketing infrastructure to support the relative scarcity and price rise. It is being propped up and we all know it.

At least lets not stick our heads in the sand here. Cheers.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:00:54 PM

I just cut'n'paste it straight into LibreOffice Calc. (My trade history that is, apologies if you meant the entire trade history of DRK)

yeah yeah loool my own history Wink
luke997

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:01:10 PM

2) Other coins are purely about speculation/trading. This one brings value as it has a real use for it. Actual business use cases.
3) Darkcoin is constantly developed, with a real people behind it, not hiding behind forum nicknames.

So you're telling me those walls of 100 +btc are just people looking to buy in? come on mate don't be ridiculous.
Have you not seen the flash crashes that always happen once the walls get removed?
Everytime the price dipped 40 to 50 percent, it's because someone sold into the walls or the walls were removed. That is it.

Did you even bother to read this?

IMO what puts the lie to the "this is just a pump" statement is volume.  DRK has seen multiple $1M+ days and topped out at almost $5M volume in one day.  Vert had a single $1M+ day, and nothing else has come close.

There is a ton of money being put into DRK right now.  If the volume were low then it would be easy to say that it's being manipulated and pumped.  The volume is so high that there's no way that a single person or small group of people is responsible for everything that we've seen.  Not to say that it's immune from manipulation (I do think the price is being shepherded by some whales) but we would not be seeing the kind of volume that we're seeing if this was just a few people trading back and forth.  There is significant new money entering the DRK ecosystem, and that is what is really driving the price.

Wow... so many financial geniuses come here speaking of pumps when they dont even understand how this coin works.

... a fake pump of a 7 million market cap to 43 million in 2 weeks.  Yes, its a fake pump. Please dump!! Pleeeeeease !!

Have a look at the charts. Check the volume and price history.
Please show the graph with sale and 50% dip.

Finally, once you have done your homework, compare the charts to any pump in the altcoin history.
If you've been in the altcoin for a while, or have a basic knowledge of pattern, you would realise how ridiculous your "arguments" are.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:08:08 PM

You probably know I've done my homework on darkcoin, and because of it I've been continually buying on the price rise. If you haven't seen my homework, I'll spam it here again. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.msg6335710#msg6335710

The current price is like a first /second round start-up valuation. If you go out to silicon valley with a project that has the potential - that is all it needs, potential - to be the future eCash system of choice, even a second runner behind Bitcoin, then VCs would give you $100m and more. And you know that is possible, because that is how they work.

Darkcoin is undervalued right now. If it can get to $1bn in a few years time, a $50m valuation buy price now is worth the high risk gamble.
solo20

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:08:21 PM

darkcoin is being pump so what is the big deal .this happens to every coin out there
a person can do 3 things

1.hold  and hope for the best its not a scam
2.sell high buy back low <--- iam doing this
3.cash out

slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:08:29 PM

Wow... so many financial geniuses come here speaking of pumps when they dont even understand how this coin works.

... a fake pump of a 7 million market cap to 43 million in 2 weeks.  Yes, its a fake pump. Please dump!! Pleeeeeease !!

Please show the graph with 50% dip.

Finally, once you have done your homework, compare the charts to any pump in the altcoin history.
If you've been in the altcoin for a while, or have a basic knowledge of pattern, you would realise how ridiculous your "arguments" are.

Because the person who wrote that is attributing the transaction money to "money being put in". Transaction volume indicates how much worth of transactions are occurring not how much is being injected. Just the same way market cap can jump 1million dollars when 20k dollars was injected into it.

Secondly, screaming about "fake pump" dump please!! is just childish. I never said anyone should dump. All I said is people should be careful. Insider trading is the name of the game and once the buy walls disappear the coin will slowly defalte. You can't expect perpetual upward motion. That is not sensible. Especially given the time frame.

Thirdly, was it not just 2 days ago that the coin went from 6 dollars to 3.50 before going back up once the walls resurfaced?

How can you sit there and tell me the coin is naturally growing when all the signs point to intense manipulation?

Other coins that got pumped were also averaging 1m+ daily movements. At least have the honesty to admit that instead of beign reviosionist mate.

Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:14:22 PM

Because the person who wrote that is attributing the transaction money to "money being put in". Transaction volume indicates how much worth of transactions are occurring not how much is being injected. Just the same way market cap can jump 1million dollars when 20k dollars was injected into it.

Secondly, screaming about "fake pump" dump please!! is just childish. I never said anyone should dump. All I said is people should be careful. Insider trading is the name of the game and once the buy walls disappear the coin will slowly defalte. You can't expect perpetual upward motion. That is not sensible. Especially given the time frame.

Thirdly, was it not just 2 days ago that the coin went from 6 dollars to 3.50 before going back up once the walls resurfaced?

How can you sit there and tell me the coin is naturally growing when all the signs point to intense manipulation?

Other coins that got pumped were also averaging 1m+ daily movements. At least have the honesty to admit that instead of beign reviosionist mate.

This is natural growth, if you think those "whales" with 100 btc($48,000) are manipulating a coin with a marketcap of 30million, and 4,000 btc daily movement, then you need a reality check, simple..

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:14:47 PM

You probably know I've done my homework on darkcoin, and because of it I've been continually buying on the price rise. If you haven't seen my homework, I'll spam it here again. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=579976.msg6335710#msg6335710

The current price is like a first /second round start-up valuation. If you go out to silicon valley with a project that has the potential - that is all it needs, potential - to be the future eCash system of choice, even a second runner behind Bitcoin, then VCs would give you $100m and more. And you know it that is possible, because that is how they work.

Darkcoin is undervalued right now. If it can get to $1bn in a few years time, a $50m valuation buy price now is worth the high risk gamble.

Yes you have. And you should know that I have been active here too. I was even a rather rabid person at times defending this coin against the likes of anoncoinlover and hyuksunnum or whatever.

Looking at the market movements, the movement of the particular buy walls is more than enough proof that the coin is being propped up. The pumpers don't need to "dump" coins.

If they put their buy walls at 17 and people buy up their coins at 19, that is how they cash out. When they take out the buy walls, the coin deflates, thay buy in cheaper and reestablish the buy walls. Rinse and repeat.

The people here getting angry at what I'm saying are already enamoured with dollar signs and I won't blame them. I am giddy about it too. Just hoping we can keep a little sanity here.

As for your valuation, if there are not enough markets using DARKCOIN, the high price would be unsustainble. LTC is currently sitting pretty up there because it was basically the second and rode the "bitcoin alternative" train.

DRK has a long way to go but understanably it just might get there. Question is, when?
slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:15:35 PM

This is natural growth, if you think those "whales" with 100($50,000) btc are manipulating a coin with a marketcap of 30million, and 4,000 btc daily movement, then you need a reality check, simple..

That is the dumbest statement I have read all weak. Simple.
Pages: « 1 ... 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 [1243] 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: