Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:50:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722501 times)
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:17:14 PM

OT but wow, Doge falling like a rock now...
I dumped the last of my Doge after the nascar race.  When we didn't see any sort of pop from that, I figured it would be a gradual decline from there.

Hopefully they prove me wrong as it's a great community of people.

I'm down to DRK and BTC as my crypto holdings.

I know, I would love it if we could somehow merge with the Doge community!  They're so creative and fun!  

Yeah, the DOGE community is great.
They've done a lot for thy crypto community, getting a lot of media attention and introduced wider audience into it.
Not to mention, unlike some other communities they are very positive and don't play low/troll etc.

+1.
A win-win situation will be a potential merge. Scrypt is going nowhere and the Doge community is big,educated and really nice.
Somebody propose a merge between LTC and Doge, but neither side will won at the end.

Hmm, Darkcoin + Dogecoin .......  DORKcoin

Yes, I support this 100%

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:17:21 PM

What part of, Darkcoin has real world utility, and thus actual value, potentially to us all, do you not understand?

Comparing it to shitcoins is obtuse. You say you've been around crypto for a while, maybe that's the problem, you're so used to garbage you don't recognise true worth when you see it.

luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:18:18 PM

Because the person who wrote that is attributing the transaction money to "money being put in". Transaction volume indicates how much worth of transactions are occurring not how much is being injected. Just the same way market cap can jump 1million dollars when 20k dollars was injected into it.
Secondly, screaming about "fake pump" dump please!! is just childish. I never said anyone should dump. All I said is people should be careful. Insider trading is the name of the game and once the buy walls disappear the coin will slowly defalte. You can't expect perpetual upward motion. That is not sensible. Especially given the time frame.
Thirdly, was it not just 2 days ago that the coin went from 6 dollars to 3.50 before going back up once the walls resurfaced?
How can you sit there and tell me the coin is naturally growing when all the signs point to intense manipulation?
Other coins that got pumped were also averaging 1m+ daily movements. At least have the honesty to admit that instead of beign reviosionist mate.

The consensus is, there were a pump & dumps attempts.
The results are however, just the pump attempt succeeded, there was never dump.

Now, it is important to ask question why, once you've done that, it's clear than having DRK is much safer than any other alt.
The reasons, have been all over again, and I'm sure you are aware of it. If not, just have a read.

There will be manipulation, but DRK is very resilient, so as far as I'm concerned, this is a good for everyone involved, except the weak hands who panic sell after panic buy.
Other than that, you could have only gain on DRK so far. Again, fundamentals play part.

If DRK has good prospects for investors, traders and pumpers - why would anyone dump. And this is what you see.
Anyway, good luck trading/investing.
Joshuar

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

eidoo wallet

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:18:26 PM

This has been over and over again.
1) 5 or so pump attempts and no dump. Any other coin done that?
2) Other coins are purely about speculation/trading. This one brings value as it has a real use for it. Actual business use cases.
3) Darkcoin is constantly developed, with a real people behind it, not hiding behind forum nicknames.

One could expand and go on and on, but I think these clues are enough.
Think and make your own mind.

So you're telling me those walls of 100 +btc are just people looking to buy in? come on mate don't be ridiculous.
Have you not seen the flash crashes that always happen once the walls get removed?
Everytime the price dipped 40 to 50 percent, it's because someone sold into the walls or the walls were removed. That is it.

Did you even bother to read this?

IMO what puts the lie to the "this is just a pump" statement is volume.  DRK has seen multiple $1M+ days and topped out at almost $5M volume in one day.  Vert had a single $1M+ day, and nothing else has come close.

http://coinmarketcap.com/drk_90.html
http://coinmarketcap.com/vtc_180.html

There is a ton of money being put into DRK right now.  If the volume were low then it would be easy to say that it's being manipulated and pumped.  The volume is so high that there's no way that a single person or small group of people is responsible for everything that we've seen.  Not to say that it's immune from manipulation (I do think the price is being shepherded by some whales) but we would not be seeing the kind of volume that we're seeing if this was just a few people trading back and forth.  There is significant new money entering the DRK ecosystem, and that is what is really driving the price.

Wow... so many financial geniuses come here speaking of pumps when they dont even understand how this coin works.

... a fake pump of a 7 million market cap to 43 million in 2 weeks.  Yes, its a fake pump. Please dump!! Pleeeeeease !!

Have a look at the charts. Check the volume and price history.
Please show the graph with 50% dip.

Finally, once you have done your homework, compare the charts to any pump in the altcoin history.
If you've been in the altcoin for a while, or have a basic knowledge of pattern, you would realise how ridiculous your "arguments" are.

Because the person who wrote that is attributing the transaction money to "money being put in". Transaction volume indicates how much worth of transactions are occurring not how much is being injected. Just the same way market cap can jump 1million dollars when 20k dollars was injected into it.

Secondly, screaming about "fake pump" dump please!! is just childish. I never said anyone should dump. All I said is people should be careful. Insider trading is the name of the game and once the buy walls disappear the coin will slowly defalte. You can't expect perpetual upward motion. That is not sensible. Especially given the time frame.

Thirdly, was it not just 2 days ago that the coin went from 6 dollars to 3.50 before going back up once the walls resurfaced?

How can you sit there and tell me the coin is naturally growing when all the signs point to intense manipulation?

Other coins that got pumped were also averaging 1m+ daily movements. At least have the honesty to admit that instead of beign reviosionist mate.

This is natural growth, if you think those "whales" with 100($50,000) btc are manipulating a coin with a marketcap of 30million, and 4,000 btc daily movement, then you need a reality check, simple..

That is the dumbest statement I have read all weak. Simple.

If you think charts and graphs apply to cryptocurrencies, my friend, you are delusional.

This isn't stocks, there's a reason wall street hasn't gotten into Bitcoin.

If it was so easy to predict, then we'd all be multi millionaires...You don't know what you're talking about...maybe you'd like to bring a stock analyst to come in here and tell you just how wrong you are?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:19:10 PM

Wait, are you saying that a closed source, instamined, Bitcoin clone with a questionable CoinJoin implementation is going to be the conclusion to the genius of Satoshi?

slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:22:31 PM

What part of, Darkcoin has real world utility, and thus actual value, potentially to us all, do you not understand?

Comparing it to shitcoins is obtuse. You say you've been around crypto for a while, maybe that's the problem, you're so used to garbage you don't recognise true worth when you see it.

You're a stupid fool. I'm sorry you're actually an idiot if you think that is what I wa scomparing. I never compared dark coin to vert or any other shit coin.

I was comparing the market movement. And only an idiot will ignore that. We've all been on these trains before. When vert coin was pumped to 10 bucks, everyone said the same thing. ASIC utility proof. In the end it deflated when the buy walls vanished. I am not saying it will happen with DRK. I am saying it is a possibility.

Market patterns repeat themselves. Dark coin is currently an asset and not yet money. Don't bury your head in the sand and claim it is the second coming when its main features are not yet online. And yes, don't act like a twunt because you jumped the bad wagon. Scroll back to February. I've been follwoing the progress of the coin and defending the coin so understand that I am not a troll.
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:25:15 PM

and MRO's tech is based on anonimity only and scalable.

It does actually scale pretty badly. Bad enough to potentially prevent any mainstream adoption.
slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:25:58 PM

If you think charts and graphs apply to cryptocurrencies, my friend, you are delusional.

This isn't stocks, there's a reason wall street hasn't gotten into Bitcoin.

If it was so easy to predict, then we'd all be multi millionaires...You don't know what you're talking about...maybe you'd like to bring a stock analyst to come in here and tell you just how wrong you are?
[/quote]

Haha. Did you really type that out and actually believe it?

So you think because Drk is rising that the laws of economics no longer apply? DRK is an asset you ignoramus. Conceptually it is e-cash. But it is an asset and is currently acting and being treated like one. We are arguing about daily pricings for chrissakes.

The reason wall street has been apprehensive of bitcoin is due to regulatory measures. Go read instead of typing out whatever silly retort you can without understanding what the hell is going on.
sorryforthat

Activity: 994

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:26:10 PM

and MRO's tech is based on anonimity only and scalable.

It does actually scale pretty badly. Bad enough to potentially prevent any mainstream adoption.

Come again?
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:26:19 PM

I think Darkcoin is great for anonymity stuff, but wider acceptance by public and businesses will never happen unfortunately.
We already have a wine shop accepting it. With proper marketing and brand positioning, mass adoption ala Bitcoin is not an insurmountable obstacle.
Anonymity is exactly why Darkcoin will be accepted by businesses, who have avoided bitcoin because they don't want their competitors seeing everything they do, everything they buy and sell, to whom and from whom. Darkcoin is the perfect tool for commercial entities.

Right, Bitcoin was trying to get retail acceptance, maybe people buying a tshirt dont care about the transparent blockchain. But it is not fit for B2B, I am in the distribution business, and definitely you dont want your competition knowing who your providers are, when you buy inventory, at what price, when do you sell, at what price, is ridiculous, Bitcoin is not fit for B2B period. Darkcoin has a shot at it so I support it, I think too many people in this forums have technical knowledge but lack business experience to see the big picture.

You just posted exactly what I was thinking. So I'm gonna just +1 it.
solo20

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:27:15 PM

lol so when will it reach 0.02000000   Cheesy
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:28:19 PM
Last edit: May 22, 2014, 08:41:38 PM by Kai Proctor

You're a stupid fool. I'm sorry you're actually an idiot if you think that is what I wa scomparing. I never compared dark coin to vert or any other shit coin.

I was comparing the market movement. And only an idiot will ignore that. We've all been on these trains before. When vert coin was pumped to 10 bucks, everyone said the same thing. ASIC utility proof. In the end it deflated when the buy walls vanished. I am not saying it will happen with DRK. I am saying it is a possibility.

Market patterns repeat themselves. Dark coin is currently an asset and not yet money. Don't bury your head in the sand and claim it is the second coming when its main features are not yet online. And yes, don't act like a twunt because you jumped the bad wagon. Scroll back to February. I've been follwoing the progress of the coin and defending the coin so understand that I am not a troll.
Same thing.
"Look at the rise of Google stocks, Vertcoin increased like that so it's probably a pump and dump !" Roll Eyes
slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:29:57 PM

Same thing.
"Look at the rise of Google stocks, Vertcoin rised like that so it's probably a pump and dump !" Roll Eyes

ARe you talking about an established tech giant that went public with its shares to DArkcoin? Wow.. Just wow. If this is the level of idiocy I'm arguing with then I might as well just shut up.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:30:10 PM

I still can't figure out the main point of the pointing out of what everyone in crypto land sort of knows.
solo20

Activity: 184

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:33:19 PM

lol so when will it reach 0.02000000  Grin
eating popcorn
slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:33:46 PM

I still can't figure out the main point of the pointing out of what everyone in crypto land sort of knows.

The fact that I'm arguing with people, not just people, regulars, proves not everyone knows. Or that they just forget once a coin rises.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:34:22 PM

So, HUGE progress this morning! I have a proof-of-concept of the anonymous transactions working on testnet! Here's some screenshots, these were 3 separate transactions sent to 3 different addresses, at separate times.

Notice how you can't tell who is sending to who. Soon all blocks will only have 2 transactions, 1 for the creation event and a merged transaction with everything else.

http://www.xcoin.co/coinjoin1.png
http://www.xcoin.co/coinjoin2.png

That's so cool you got it working, but could you explain to those of us that aren't knowledgeable what it all means please?  I understand how it's supposed to work, I just don't understand how to read the chart,  Cheesy  Tongue

I also feel that if you were to explain it, there would be great interest from the public!  Thanks!

Bitcoin is often promoted as being somewhat anonymous, but the main problem is that if I know your address, I can literally tell everyone you've ever paid. Imagine everyone you met, was able to see everything you bought in your checking account. That's pretty much the situation Bitcoin and other alt-coins are currently in. We need to move quickly to a anonymity-by-default approach.

There are many solutions out there for fixing this and we know how to implement them. But, the developers are very scared of implementing these fixes, with the possibility of bringing down a 10+ billion dollar economy.  So it will take years at the very minimum to do this.

So, that's where XCoin comes into play. I want solve many of these problems that Bitcoin and other alt-coins experience, making XCoin the beta to Bitcoin. The goal is to be years ahead in development, with cutting edge features that would be insanely difficult to pull off in their codebase.

So what progress was made this morning? I implemented a rough version of CoinJoin. The idea behind what I'm working on was originally put forward by Gregory Maxwell  and it's a great idea (if you want to read more, the original post is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0).

In short, transactions in the Bitcoin Blockchain are stored like this:

"User1 paid User12 the amount 1.2BTC"
"User4 paid User2 the amount 1.2BTC"
"User11 paid User3 the amount 1.2BTC"

In XCoin they'll look like this:

"Debit User1 the amount 1.2XCO, Debit User4 the amount 1.2XCO, Debit User11 the amount 1.2XCO"
and
"Credit User12 the amount 1.2XCO, Credit User2 the amount 1.2XCO, Credit User3 the amount 1.2XCO"

Notice, in the XCoin you can't tell who paid who. But in Bitcoin the parties are linked together. This will be a large step forward to providing anonymity by default.

It appears the technical design of this DarkCoin is fundamentally flawed and can't be fixed.

There must be some proof that senders sent transactions for all peers on the network to verify before they can accept the block and begin working on the next block solution. Such proof must exist otherwise balances could be stolen by rogue peers.

Thus I must assume you are doing a CoinJoin-like proof for all senders that in that block. And I assume these proofs are transmitted with the block, even if you purge them later (using a proof-of-work chain such as in the mini block chain design).

The problem is that CoinJoin is subject to denial-of-service attack in that if any sender fails to sign in the second step, then no senders can send.

Thus CoinJoin can't scale to a larger number of senders joined. It works best with a few senders and the probability of denial-of-service (rogue sender) is low.

Did you even read the CoinJoin thread carefully?

There is a second insoluble flaw that CoinJoin does nothing to obscure IP address and thus you have no anonymity against powerful entities.

P.S. I don't have time to read 300 pages of this thread to find out if you already addressed this issue. Please give me a link to any prior reply.

Wow, it's that open eh?

Still, this example implies that one could still link up the amounts of the transactions to find the end users.  How unique are transaction amounts, and how hard would it be to hide that level?  Is there a breaking up of the payment so that the amounts are harder to compare or something?  Or am I missing something due to the simplification of the explanation?  

Yes, you could still use the transaction amounts to track money through the system. This combined with some logic to use common transaction amounts or some other logic like that in the wallet could definitely help. Even with the problems, having coinjoin implemented directly into the client is a huge step in the right direction.

And timing analysis too.

^ are these points still valid?

When is the darksend code being open sourced so it can be vetted by peers?
Propulsion

Activity: 658

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:35:10 PM

The fact that I'm arguing with people, not just people, regulars, proves not everyone knows. Or that they just forget once a coin rises.

I'd like to take part in this argument.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:36:19 PM

Old schedule...

- RC2 (magic numbers changed to darkcoin, DGW3) : May 14th
- RC2 (masternode payments) : May 25th
- RC3 (10 DRK limit and denominated change) : June 14th
- After this, I'll find someone to vet the code and open source.
- RC4 (Bugs, security issues)
- Testing, then opensource

The masternode issues and the 3rd fork for the 25th actually messed up the schedule. I've been rewriting much of the code masternode technology (released yesterday, if you haven't updated please do!)

There's still some oddities with the election voting system that I'm going to tackle this next week. This I'll start working again on RC3 .
slyA

View Profile
May 22, 2014, 08:37:08 PM

I'd like to take part in this argument.

Grin OI mate!

How've you been?

Alright this is how it goes. I say "this is a pump" and you say "troll! or hater! or idiot"!
Pages: « 1 ... 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 1215 1216 1217 1218 1219 1220 1221 1222 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1228 1229 1230 1231 1232 1233 1234 1235 1236 1237 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 [1244] 1245 1246 1247 1248 1249 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 1261 1262 1263 1264 1265 1266 1267 1268 1269 1270 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: