Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 02:04:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722641 times)
Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 07:53:29 AM

now suck our fingers

Don't think I've ever heard that one before lol

you know those rich kings had people to suck theirs fingers from grease Cheesy

hahaha disgusting.....

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
Slipknot79
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 07:53:40 AM

Where are the panic buyers, cum on.  Cool Need next ATH.

CoinMKT.com

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:01:12 AM

Looks like we'll need to get Darkcoin on our exchange.   Cheesy
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:02:23 AM

148 ghash and 5267 difficulty. thanks to all the whales this is unminable.

even 600,000 khash whales mine only 10 dark a day.

pathetic.

Yeah and imagine how much electricity it would cost!

I think DRK has grown too fast, it has to level out soon, its totally unmineable at the moment, a month ago i could get 4 dark per day at 4 MH!

This may very well push the price of DRK up, but even so the price increase is not enough to cover miners costs.

We need ASICS now or else people will stop mining.

No we dont, and no they wont. Remember that not every one here is for the same reasons you are (make a profit), some people are here for the ideology of the coin and will mine as they see the greater scheme of things and are not blinded by profit like yourself.

Actually im not here for profit, but clearly lots of other people are, hence the rapid buyup of DRK this month, just read all the posts here of peoples price predictions, i think its silly, maybe in 3 or 4 years.
No cryptocurrency should be treated as a get rich quick scheme, but alot are treating them just as that.
Even if DRK got to $1000, its unprofitable unless you have a powerful, efficient mining farm, it would take me almost a month just to mine 1 DRK with my old rig, its far cheaper (and smarter) to buy them at present, if the electricity costs more than mining the coins its obviously the sensible way to go (correct me if im wrong)

If the price is at $1k this would create a buying pressure of $2,88m. Bitcoin currently is at ~$4m I think. $1k DRK would mean a market cap of about 450 million. I don't see how drk would be unprofitable by then. Of course it is cheaper by then to just buy DRK instead of mining since currently it only needs about 2880 DRK/day * $13 = $37440 to buy up all daily mined DRK. If you go by this logic, DRK is way undervalued so you'd be better off by mining more profitable coins and exchange them for DRK.

(I just looked up profitability: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency DRK doesnt seem to look so bad compared to other coins though)

Also people arguing that richer people get richer. Look at bitcoin, the miners are pretty expensive and will eventually be useless because of next generations with more power. Master nodes will always be viable. Additionally I am sure that you will be able to purchase shares of master nodes in the not too far future (from serious offers obviously).

$4.50 billion, not $450 million @ $1k DRK.
battbot

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:05:48 AM

Where are the panic buyers, cum on.  Cool Need next ATH.

The panic buyers are scrambling to buy XC on poloniex and bittrex.  Because, uhh... the anon wallet was released tonight (by request) and fully tomorrow to the public for both linux + windows.

See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600706.msg6924096#msg6924096

Standhaft

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:06:23 AM

148 ghash and 5267 difficulty. thanks to all the whales this is unminable.

even 600,000 khash whales mine only 10 dark a day.

pathetic.

Yeah and imagine how much electricity it would cost!

I think DRK has grown too fast, it has to level out soon, its totally unmineable at the moment, a month ago i could get 4 dark per day at 4 MH!

This may very well push the price of DRK up, but even so the price increase is not enough to cover miners costs.

We need ASICS now or else people will stop mining.

No we dont, and no they wont. Remember that not every one here is for the same reasons you are (make a profit), some people are here for the ideology of the coin and will mine as they see the greater scheme of things and are not blinded by profit like yourself.

Actually im not here for profit, but clearly lots of other people are, hence the rapid buyup of DRK this month, just read all the posts here of peoples price predictions, i think its silly, maybe in 3 or 4 years.
No cryptocurrency should be treated as a get rich quick scheme, but alot are treating them just as that.
Even if DRK got to $1000, its unprofitable unless you have a powerful, efficient mining farm, it would take me almost a month just to mine 1 DRK with my old rig, its far cheaper (and smarter) to buy them at present, if the electricity costs more than mining the coins its obviously the sensible way to go (correct me if im wrong)

If the price is at $1k this would create a buying pressure of $2,88m. Bitcoin currently is at ~$4m I think. $1k DRK would mean a market cap of about 450 million. I don't see how drk would be unprofitable by then. Of course it is cheaper by then to just buy DRK instead of mining since currently it only needs about 2880 DRK/day * $13 = $37440 to buy up all daily mined DRK. If you go by this logic, DRK is way undervalued so you'd be better off by mining more profitable coins and exchange them for DRK.

(I just looked up profitability: http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency DRK doesnt seem to look so bad compared to other coins though)

Also people arguing that richer people get richer. Look at bitcoin, the miners are pretty expensive and will eventually be useless because of next generations with more power. Master nodes will always be viable. Additionally I am sure that you will be able to purchase shares of master nodes in the not too far future (from serious offers obviously).

$4.50 billion, not $450 million @ $1k DRK.

Woops. Tongue 1k DRK seems years away though. Even if possible at all.

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:07:57 AM

Hello,
I am a film music composer, but also a huge fan of crypto-currencies and especially DarkCoin.
DarkCoin has inspired me to compose a DarkCoin Anthem and the music was already performed by a huge 100 musicians symphonic orchestra for me. The music theme is really great and will motivate all people who invested in DRK and also their friends once they hear the anthem. It is also against all trolls, who think they can manipulate people to lose their motivation.
I will soon upload the music to YouTube, but will need some graphics, images and also a possible 3D video of the DarkCoin logo. I would be happy if somebody will provide me with this media, so I can make a great YouTube presentation of the DarkCoin.
Feel free to contact me at tcherkin@gmail.com
Thanks,
Georgii Cerkiin
Here you can listen to the music, feel free to use the music for all projects concerning DarkCoin Smiley
DarkCoin Anthem - The Long Version:
https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/darkcoin-orchestral-anthem-long-version
DarkCoin Anthem - The Short Version:
https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/darkcoin-orchestral-anthem-short-version
I hope all the fans of DarkCoin will enjoy this music. Thank you!
I will also appreciate your DRK donations here:
XiG7xsjFrAwtk3iAmxgapycErnErLCxuJQ

Great work, very nice anthem Georgii.

Small donation will be coming today.
I'm sure many appreciate too.
shfc

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:27:37 AM

we'll need to get Darkcoin on our exchange.
richy

Activity: 224

KryptoBonds, Bonds Industry now in Blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:37:46 AM

Due to the fact that we have often hard forks... which is good cause it evolves the coin furter, what is critical for its success imo... i would like to suggest to think about the possibility to have a wallet that could make an "auto-update". Im non technical so i can not think of details here ... but for the most people including me it would be much easier to follow the development of the coin without having to care about the right version of the wallet. Making updates all the time etc. If you see that BTC or LTC are kind of stucked because they can not make any more hard forks because of the huge user base and the chaos that would produce among them... I think this could be a solid advantage over other coins and it would secure the possibility of fast and radical evolutions and development of DRK that as i sad is one key for the success... what do you think?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Standhaft

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:38:54 AM

Due to the fact that we have often hard forks... which is good cause it evolves the coin furter, what is critical for its success imo... i would like to suggest to think about the possibility to have a wallet that could make an "auto-update". Im non technical so i can not think of details here ... but for the most people including me it would be much easier to follow the development of the coin without having to care about the right version of the wallet. Making updates all the time etc. If you see that BTC or LTC are kind of stucked because they can not make any more hard forks because of the huge user base and the chaos that would produce among them... I think this could be a solid advantage over other coins and it would secure the possibility of fast and radical evolutions and development of DRK that as i sad is one key for the success... what do you think?

Auto updates are too dangerous. Imagine if anyone gets control of the update software. They could easily put a trojan in the program and literally control thousands of computers and exchanges in a matter of seconds.

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
HiddenDark

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:44:07 AM

Auto updating compromises the security of the coin. The developer or someone else who manages to get control of the update system could push out an update that will do something no one wants. With the manual system, if the wallet holders don't agree with the changes, the developer can't force a hard fork.

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
alphacenturion

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:50:01 AM

Which MACD time do you guys tend to trade on most successfully?
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:50:47 AM

Auto updates are too dangerous. Imagine if anyone gets control of the update software. They could easily put a trojan in the program and literally control thousands of computers and exchanges in a matter of seconds.
The better solution is the small window on your wallet which says that you have newest version or if there is the need to update it.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Donho

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 08:52:24 AM

Auto updating compromises the security of the coin. The developer or someone else who manages to get control of the update system could push out an update that will do something no one wants. With the manual system, if the wallet holders don't agree with the changes, the developer can't force a hard fork.

but what we could get is a notification in the qt wallet if there's a newer version
richy

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 08:59:46 AM

ok i understand... i would like to encourage you to think harder about a possibility to make this happen. Cause this could be a very important point given a big non technical user base and given the need of permanent evolution at the same time... I would go so far to say this will be one of the key abbilities the coin of the future need to have. For now it could be enough to simply have a little sign in the wallet that says "There is a new version available" and this should be a link to this version... How about that?

But this is no solution for the longer sight... Believe me there are millions and millions of people who can not find the "xxx" folder backup there wallet delete everything, find the old programm and uninstall it, install the "new".exe, start programm let it sync delete new wallet.dat and move the old wallet.dat in place again... this is ridiculous there need to be a more automatic and smooth way.  

HiddenDark

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:06:13 AM

ok i understand... i would like to encourage you to think harder about a possibility to make this happen. Cause this could be a very important point given a big non technical user base and given the need of permanent evolution at the same time... I would go so far to say this will be one of the key abbilities the coin of the future need to have. For now it could be enough to simply have a little sign in the wallet that says "There is a new version available" and this should be a link to this version... How about that?

But this is no solution for the longer sight... Believe me there are millions and millions of people who can not find the "xxx" folder backup there wallet delete everything, find the old programm and uninstall it, install the "new".exe, start programm let it sync delete new wallet.dat and move the old wallet.dat in place again... this is ridiculous there need to be a more automatic and smooth way.  

Most people won't run the Qt wallet once others become available. Look at Bitcoin, there are dozens of different wallets available across desktop, phone and the web.

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:06:23 AM

Do you really need to do all that on Windows? I just download the latest wallet, stick it in my DRK folder, make it executable, click to launch.

Popup informing users that an update is required is simple, quick, and would save much hassle for us all.

I also think there should be some password authentication / PIN system on startup, so just anyone can't see your balance and history by opening your wallet.
richy

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 09:17:10 AM

Do you really need to do all that on Windows? I just download the latest wallet, stick it in my DRK folder, make it executable, click to launch.

Popup informing users that an update is required is simple, quick, and would save much hassle for us all.

I also think there should be some password authentication / PIN system on startup, so just anyone can't see your balance and history by opening your wallet.

i personaly are on mac... so this was a little "projection" cause i think the most here will be on windows... but if you imagine the normal nontechnical  "standard person" that should be our goal to serve good... everything that is off the desktop and clicking on icons is too much for them... But anyway for now i would be happy with the update window in the wallet... How can we bring this to evans attention?

And one more thing... Would it be very complicate to change the colors and backgroundimage of the standard wallet and make it a more individual "dark-design"? ithink this is relativly easy to do and would bring a lot of "darkness" into it... I like the fact that the PR engine is running low in the dark communiy but this is cheap to do i think.

AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:23:04 AM

Wow altcoins are a mess right now. So many coins talking about implementing anonymous transactions. Coins getting 400% price pumps just on the rumour that they will be able to do what DarkSend already does. DRK trolls everywhere. It's all pretty ugly.

I like it, it's shaking up the market. It seems we've caused a mini-boom in altcoin world.

I guess we are platinum to bitcoin's gold... platinum is a catalyst, so we are catalyzing the whole field.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:25:11 AM

UPDATE YOUR WALLETS.

IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE ALREADY UPDATED, CHECK YOUR VERSION.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE

Stable version (v0.9.4.6)

OR

RC2 (v0.10.8.6)

....UPDATE NOW. HARD FORK IN A FEW HOURS.

Source code:
https://github.com/darkcoinproject/darkcoin

Stable version (v0.9.4.6):
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoind
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/darkcoin-qt.exe

RC2 (v0.10.8.6):
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt
http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoin-qt.exe
Pages: « 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 [1331] 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: