Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:07:47 AM

edit:  I think a CD down at the bank would give better returns.?
I have $150,000 invested. I received about $19 in dividends today. I expected 1 coin per masternode.

I averaged only .1 DRK per masternode.

I understand, its the first day, I'm fine with that, but it should be fixed by tomorrow.

If you are invested in DRK for the MasterNode payments then I believe you are looking at this investment wrong.  

That's not what he said.  Dividends (in the form of masternode payments) are an important part of how the coin is structured, and depending on his expectations of future per-coin valuation, dividends may not be a trivial part of the equation.

I agree that the dividends should not be the only factor, but it is a factor. I there were no dividends I would still keep my drk because I think it will be worth much more than now, but I would not put them on a server and would not be helping the network. Anyway, maybe some of his payments are still pending. I just got one that was generated a few hours ago because they may need 120 confirmations. The network has been stable only for a few hours after the forks, so that number is probably gonna be much higher for his 10 MNs after 24 hours

For sure.  My point though is that if he's targeting a $100 valuation and expecting dividends of 15 x .88 = 13.2 drk/day, that works out to something like $40k/mo USD that he's missing out on based on his understanding of how the system is supposed to work.

I'd be a bit fidgety if I were him too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:09:51 AM

edit:  I think a CD down at the bank would give better returns.?
I have $150,000 invested. I received about $19 in dividends today. I expected 1 coin per masternode.

I averaged only .1 DRK per masternode.

I understand, its the first day, I'm fine with that, but it should be fixed by tomorrow.

I'm going to be honest: your attitude sucks, and it seems like you don't really understand what it takes to write software, launch it & resolve issues. The entire industry of cryptocurrencies should be considered in "alpha" since the tech is so new, and masternodes are the day 1 launch feature of a cryptocurrency. As far as our investment goes, it should be considered highly speculative. You need to recalibrate your expectations. I have a lot invested in DRK too, and I expect the devs will sort this out, but I'm not handing out arbitrary deadlines. How about trying to debug & help fix the issue instead?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
philipmicklon

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:12:32 AM

For sure.  My point though is that if he's targeting a $100 valuation and expecting dividends of 15 x .88 = 13.2 drk/day, that works out to something like $40k/mo USD that he's missing out on based on his understanding of how the system is supposed to work.

Obviously the .88/day will decrease as more masternodes join the network. But at $100/coin valuation you also must realize that you're referring to an asset worth $1,000,000 (10 masternodes * 1000 coins * $100) and maybe by then the reward MN will only be .2/day or $200 total for 10 nodes.

The point is, right now my expectation was based on the graph. 10% of newly generated coins / number of masternodes. Or 8.9 coins today, with my 10 nodes.
philipmicklon

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:14:56 AM

I'm going to be honest: your attitude sucks, and it seems like you don't really understand what it takes to write software, launch it & resolve issues. The entire industry of cryptocurrencies should be considered in "alpha" since the tech is so new, and masternodes are the day 1 launch feature of a cryptocurrency. As far as our investment goes, it should be considered highly speculative. You need to recalibrate your expectations. I have a lot invested in DRK too, and I expect the devs will sort this out, but I'm not handing out arbitrary deadlines. How about trying to debug & help fix the issue instead?
I'm just expressing my concern. I'm not dumping any coins because I believe in DRK long term, but I'm worried that weaker hands will dump tons of coins if expectations aren't met. 8 of 10 masternodes received 0 payments today. I just thought this had been tested on the testnet. I really want to get this fixed before more expectations are violated.

I'm happy to help debug it, but last status update I heard was "its working" and I'm just trying to say "wait, its not really working yet".
eltito

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:21:03 AM

Obviously the .88/day will decrease as more masternodes join the network. But at $100/coin valuation you also must realize that you're referring to an asset worth $1,000,000 (10 masternodes * 1000 coins * $100) and maybe by then the reward MN will only be .2/day or $200 total for 10 nodes.

The point is, right now my expectation was based on the graph. 10% of newly generated coins / number of masternodes. Or 8.9 coins today, with my 10 nodes.

4% monthly is still effing insane ROI, whatever your total MN value is.  Even at .2 it's still decent compared to traditional alternatives.

Regardless, my response was to the insinuation that MN payouts are somehow trivial.  They're not, especially in your case.

philipmicklon

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:27:45 AM

4% monthly is still effing insane ROI, whatever your total MN value is.  Even at .2 it's still decent compared to traditional alternatives.

Regardless, my response was to the insinuation that MN payouts are somehow trivial.  They're not, especially in your case.
I agree. Earlier in this thread Evan calculated something like 280% annual returns because there were so few masternodes on the network. Obviously this should quickly reduce to whatever the free market decides.

The whole point of the masternode fee was to create a positive feedback loop. The expectation of a ~1drk/node return created incredible demand for the coin so far, and that expectation just needs to be met for the demand to increase.

Evan said it this way:

FeedbackLoop:
- User asks "Should I create a masternode?"
- it costs $XXX, they would earn $X.XX/day. That's X days till they earn 100% of their investment.
- User buys 1000 DRK, creates masternode
- Price goes higher, 1000DRK gets pulled out of the supply
- Go to FeedbackLoop

This is a feedback loop that this strategy is creating. We should add masternodes until the price finds equilibrium with the masternode capacity.

1x Masternode = 576 blocks * 10% of the reward = 1036DRK/day
8x Masternodes = (576/8) blocks * 10% of the reward = 129DRK/day
16x Masternodes = (576/32) blocks * 10% of the reward = 32DRK/day
128x Masternodes = (576/128) blocks * 10% of the reward = 8.1DRK/day
LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:28:45 AM

I'm just expressing my concern. I'm not dumping any coins because I believe in DRK long term, but I'm worried that weaker hands will dump tons of coins if expectations aren't met.

Just to give you some perspective on your recent posts: they sound panicked and if anything are contributing to the likelihood of weaker hands dumping coins. Reposting your concerns in various ways doesn't get the problem solved faster, neither does throwing down demands. Just think about what you're actually contributing with your posts.

New software often breaks at launch; welcome to the world of software engineering.

We'll have to wait around until Evan / InternetApe are awake, as they are best qualified to answer the question of what's going on with masternode payments. It appears to be related to votes not working as expected, so could be related to pool software? In any case, if you aren't able to contribute to the solution, just be patient.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:30:55 AM

Is it true that multiples of 1000 DRK increase the chance of masternode election for one node?

No, not true.  If you had multiples of 1000 DRK, it's far better to run multiple nodes.

In RC3 Multiple entry Masternodes are coming (Evan said it in IRC) so you'll be able to put 4000 DRK (aka close to 60 000$) on a 4x payout Masternode if you feel like it and get an increased chance of payout instead of having to set up multiple nodes which could clutter up the network.

Not sure if good thing but I trust the Holy Evander Duffield. Tongue
atriou

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:33:58 AM

The official pool is down ? Where Can i mine ?
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:34:22 AM

I'm getting error below, can anyone help?

./darkcoind masternode start "i entered my pass here"

error: {"code":-1,"message":"masternode list|count|current|votes> passphrase\n"}

Use RC version, not statble.
I downloaded from here: wget http://www.darkcoin.io/downloads/rc/darkcoind

Hmm..

then check your path.
do which darkcoind

I think you run statble version.

do darkcoind --help

check version.

Yes you are right.
For those interested. You also need to do this: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/new-version-9-4-0-and-10-8-0.690/

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
svennand

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:36:12 AM

The official pool is down ? Where Can i mine ?

some help at drk.cryptorus.com would be appriciated Smiley
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:36:43 AM

Where does darkcoins get paid to for MNs?

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Terzo

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:39:17 AM

This treath is full of spam and useless ! Whats the news !?!
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:40:16 AM

I'm just expressing my concern. I'm not dumping any coins because I believe in DRK long term, but I'm worried that weaker hands will dump tons of coins if expectations aren't met.

Just to give you some perspective on your recent posts: they sound panicked and if anything are contributing to the likelihood of weaker hands dumping coins. Reposting your concerns in various ways doesn't get the problem solved faster, neither does throwing down demands. Just think about what you're actually contributing with your posts.

New software often breaks at launch; welcome to the world of software engineering.

We'll have to wait around until Evan / InternetApe are awake, as they are best qualified to answer the question of what's going on with masternode payments. It appears to be related to votes not working as expected, so could be related to pool software? In any case, if you aren't able to contribute to the solution, just be patient.

I'm not even sure if there is a problem:

-The expectation in the graph is an average, with such a small sample and time frame, deviations can be high.
-It's only been less than 15 hours since fork and we had some problems in the beginning, so some time was probably lost.
-Payments may need 120 confirmations. A masternode may have earned payments that don't show up in balance yet (check blockexplorer or listtransactions in wallet)
fernando

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:42:11 AM

Where does darkcoins get paid to for MNs?

MN's wallet.
hashmoon

Activity: 177

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:45:26 AM

This treath is full of spam and useless ! Whats the news !?!

the news is : ltc price is about to go under 0.02.. exodus to drk continues
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:45:47 AM

I'm just expressing my concern. I'm not dumping any coins because I believe in DRK long term, but I'm worried that weaker hands will dump tons of coins if expectations aren't met. 8 of 10 masternodes received 0 payments today. I just thought this had been tested on the testnet. I really want to get this fixed before more expectations are violated.

I'm happy to help debug it, but last status update I heard was "its working" and I'm just trying to say "wait, its not really working yet".
Stop bugging the devs. They'll work faster without pressure.

LimLims

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 06:47:21 AM

I'm not even sure if there is a problem:

-The expectation in the graph is an average, with such a small sample and time frame, deviations can be high.
-It's only been less than 15 hours since fork and we had some problems in the beginning, so some time was probably lost.
-Payments may need 120 confirmations. A masternode may have earned payments that don't show up in balance yet (check blockexplorer or listtransactions in wallet)

Pretty sure there's a problem -- masternode vote counts are too low, e.g.: http://explorer.darkcoin.io/block/0000000000130a708df3a91a172bd4bc58d826a1619a0f88466626848baf2779

Assuming of course that those counts are correct & I'm interpreting them right.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
eltito

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:48:36 AM

I agree. Earlier in this thread Evan calculated something like 280% annual returns because there were so few masternodes on the network. Obviously this should quickly reduce to whatever the free market decides.

The whole point of the masternode fee was to create a positive feedback loop. The expectation of a ~1drk/node return created incredible demand for the coin so far, and that expectation just needs to be met for the demand to increase.

Evan said it this way:

FeedbackLoop:
- User asks "Should I create a masternode?"
- it costs $XXX, they would earn $X.XX/day. That's X days till they earn 100% of their investment.
- User buys 1000 DRK, creates masternode
- Price goes higher, 1000DRK gets pulled out of the supply
- Go to FeedbackLoop

This is a feedback loop that this strategy is creating. We should add masternodes until the price finds equilibrium with the masternode capacity.

1x Masternode = 576 blocks * 10% of the reward = 1036DRK/day
8x Masternodes = (576/8) blocks * 10% of the reward = 129DRK/day
16x Masternodes = (576/32) blocks * 10% of the reward = 32DRK/day
128x Masternodes = (576/128) blocks * 10% of the reward = 8.1DRK/day

Yep.  Thing to remember, like LimLims said, is that we're not to full release yet.  Even though we're officially at RC2, there are really two separate (but related) major systems being implemented here: DarkSend and masternode payments.  Evan would have been justified in breaking those two systems into separate development cycles, in my opinion.  Masternode payments in particular are based totally new code.  I work in healthcare IT, believe me I've had ground-up implementations from MAJOR corporations go nowhere nearly as well as DarkSend and masternode payments are going so far.  I'm sure everything will be sorted by V1 release.  Frankly we're spoiled by our dev.  Software development is not normally on such a fast track as we have enjoyed to this point.  It's a process.
kekaocc

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 06:50:45 AM

There is a good news.
Chinese CCTV2 reported on the Darkcoin.
http://tv.cntv.cn/live/cctv2   Show time is 12:11.
Pages: « 1 ... 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 1332 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 [1376] 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 1383 1384 1385 1386 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1394 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 1406 1407 1408 1409 1410 1411 1412 1413 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: