Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:51:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722719 times)
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:26:08 AM

But this is no solution for the longer sight... Believe me there are millions and millions of people who can not find the "xxx" folder backup there wallet delete everything, find the old programm and uninstall it, install the "new".exe, start programm let it sync delete new wallet.dat and move the old wallet.dat in place again... this is ridiculous there need to be a more automatic and smooth way.  

Do you really need to do all that on Windows? I just download the latest wallet, stick it in my DRK folder, make it executable, click to launch.

Popup informing users that an update is required is simple, quick, and would save much hassle for us all.

I also think there should be some password authentication / PIN system on startup, so just anyone can't see your balance and history by opening your wallet.

i personaly are on mac... so this was a little "projection" cause i think the most here will be on windows... but if you imagine the normal nontechnical  "standard person" that should be our goal to serve good... everything that is off the desktop and clicking on icons is too much for them... But anyway for now i would be happy with the update window in the wallet... How can we bring this to evans attention?

And one more thing... Would it be very complicate to change the colors and backgroundimage of the standard wallet and make it a more individual "dark-design"? ithink this is relativly easy to do and would bring a lot of "darkness" into it... I like the fact that the PR engine is running low in the dark communiy but this is cheap to do i think.

Yeah thats not too hard, update notifications have been talked about and also an "import wallet" option. They'll probably look at that stuff in a couple of months I'd say.

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:27:40 AM

Wow altcoins are a mess right now. So many coins talking about implementing anonymous transactions. Coins getting 400% price pumps just on the rumour that they will be able to do what DarkSend already does. DRK trolls everywhere. It's all pretty ugly.

I like it, it's shaking up the market. It seems we've caused a mini-boom in altcoin world.

I guess we are platinum to bitcoin's gold... platinum is a catalyst, so we are catalyzing the whole field.

You're a joke account right? You really believe that Darkcoin is the platinum to Bitcoin's gold?
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:29:23 AM

Wow altcoins are a mess right now. So many coins talking about implementing anonymous transactions. Coins getting 400% price pumps just on the rumour that they will be able to do what DarkSend already does. DRK trolls everywhere. It's all pretty ugly.

I like it, it's shaking up the market. It seems we've caused a mini-boom in altcoin world.

I guess we are platinum to bitcoin's gold... platinum is a catalyst, so we are catalyzing the whole field.

You're a joke account right? You really believe that Darkcoin is the platinum to Bitcoin's gold?

Isn't DRK catalyzing the crypto market? (Platinum = catalyst)

Anonymity, X11, DGW, Masternode payments... LTC in panic, X11 fork threat, Anonymity implementation vote for LTC, VTC implementing stealth addresses, BTC considering privacy, Bytecoin came out of the shadows after 2 years to say "hey I was here too", etc etc.
HiddenDark

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:31:01 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

Beginner’s Guide to Darkcoin www.darkcoinguide.us
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:39:54 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

- CoinJoin (the absolute fundamental basis of Darkcoin) was developed by a Bitcoin developer and he said that Darkcoin is an useless alternative coin with a terrible solution to the constructing transaction pool problem.

- Bitcoin has a lot of development going on behind the scenes, some ideas such as side trees and side chains may very soon allow Bitcoin to adopt all any feature without having to code the core client.

- When an anonymous sidechain is made for Bitcoin, it will not be CoinJoin but it'll probably be based off CryptoNote technology. Many Bitcoin developers are impressed with the CryptoNote technology.
child_harold

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:41:45 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

- CoinJoin (the absolute fundamental basis of Darkcoin) was developed by a Bitcoin developer and he said that Darkcoin is an useless alternative coin with a terrible solution to the constructing transaction pool problem.

- Bitcoin has a lot of development going on behind the scenes, some ideas such as side trees and side chains may very soon allow Bitcoin to adopt all any feature without having to code the core client.

- When an anonymous sidechain is made for Bitcoin, it will not be CoinJoin but it'll probably be based off CryptoNote technology. Many Bitcoin developers are impressed with the CryptoNote technology.

I think its fair to say that BTC will have a hard time adopting/chaining with anonymous features such is their vested interest in Washington already.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:41:53 AM

He's not alone. Wink

Bitcoin is transparent, centralised (there are several individuals who own >10% of the total network each), impossible for normal people to mine without vast expense, stagnant, slow to transact, etc. I can see uses for it, but Darkcoin brings privacy to individuals and businesses and is rapidly evolving.

But if you can tell me why bitcoin is superior in any way, I'll listen.
LimLims

Activity: 1204
Merit: 272

1xbit.com

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2014, 09:44:02 AM

I don't like it at all. It brings out the worst in people. There will be a whole new breed of scam coins, manipulators getting rich and plenty of tears in the end. Darkcoin has indirectly triggered it and will have to be associated with it, just like Doge is with kitty, cat, panda, etc. That x11coin seems like a scam waiting to topple. It's all based on rumours and a single screenshot, from what I can tell.

I think the nastiness is an inevitable reaction to success, and I don't think it will last at its current levels. On the other hand, the more popular a community gets, the worse the signal:noise ratio gets. I don't people will blame scamcoins / copycoins on the rise of Darkcoin, if anything it'll strengthen our position as first mover, and provide a competitive environment that forces us to stay ahead of the others. Adversity and competition are good things in the end.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
BET NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:45:37 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

I think its fair to say that BTC will have a hard time adopting/chaining with anonymous features such is their vested interest in Washington already.

yes, but there is obv a need for a fully legal and gov accepted crypto AND a (most likely) illegal annonymous crypto.

its not a question of one OR another, but rather a coexistence.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:46:07 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

See this is FUD.

The majority of the core developers are very interested in adding features that will increase Bitcoin adoption, however meddling with the core is a terrible idea (it's a $7 billion code base)

The best thing they are working on is two way pegging, this will allow Bitcoin to react to all these new experimental ideas. (many core developers are in agreement that a system like Side chains is needed)
JGCMiner

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:47:46 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

- DarkSend is not just vanilla coinjoin.  Evan has made improvements and has more planned for RC3 (June 14th).  

- True.  But nobody knows how long this will take and what resistance it will meet.  The tree chain vs. side chain arguments have already started and some of the core devs disagree with both.

-  Cryptonote has blockchain bloating issues in its current form.  Not saying it can't be improved, but as it stands now it is not a good solution.

DarkSend will be open-sourced next month -- rather than being silly and talking in hypotheticals about BTC's future development let's see if a better solution is released for BTC before DarkSend hits the market.  
Standhaft

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:48:11 AM

Why you keep talking BTC vs. DRK

DRK is nowhere near BTC. It's going to take months/years to get such an adoption that BTC currently has. I'm a big supporter of both but talking about there can only be one is just stupid

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:50:09 AM

DarkSend will be open-sourced next month -- rather than being silly and talking in hypotheticals about BTC's future development let's see if a better solution is released before DarkSend hits the market.  

See I believe that a better system already exists, see CryptoNote.

The bloat is real, but it's a side effect of proper decentralized anonymity.

Masternodes are central points of attack, that the community cannot see this as an urgent issue is beyond me.
Standhaft

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:52:12 AM

DarkSend will be open-sourced next month -- rather than being silly and talking in hypotheticals about BTC's future development let's see if a better solution is released before DarkSend hits the market.  

Masternodes are central points of attack, that the community cannot see this as an urgent issue is beyond me.

You should inform yourself about the master nodes

DRK - Xi9PB8XXN9Gn4HFG7NtzsXNiBQC4jdFvnH
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:52:57 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

yes but it reamins to see how anonymous features will be accepted by the financial/political commujnity. BTC devs might have their hands tied.

See this is FUD.

The majority of the core developers are very interested in adding features that will increase Bitcoin adoption, however meddling with the core is a terrible idea (it's a $7 billion code base)

The best thing they are working on is two way pegging, this will allow Bitcoin to react to all these new experimental ideas. (many core developers are in agreement that a system like Side chains is needed).

Yes but it remains to be seen how the financial/political sector will react to anon features in BTC. Not well I suspect. BTC devs might have their hands tied.

And is it just me or is Darkwallet not getting the support of BTC Core Devs  + wider community?

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:53:19 AM

Why's Bitcoin better?

Thats a bit selective of you.

He also said crytonote implementation was badly implemented.

side chains will not be exclusive to bitcoin and will not be implemented by bitcoin. its a third party development.

the whole point of side chains is to side chain away from bitcoin and allow transactions to take place away from bitcoin and allow bitcoins to move in and out of the block chain. they are two years away according to adam back who proposed the concept. This also means that any coin which is close enough to bitcoin will be able to use side chains. 2 months in crypto is a lifetime, let alone two years.

you also forget to mention that cryptonote is not compatible with bitcoin, so forget the notion of cryptonote and bitcoin. its a clever marketing play for cryptonote, which has been discredited already.
hashmoon

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:54:17 AM

looks like drk has affect on btc demand  ...
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:54:23 AM

I'd be more worried that three people can own 51% of the bitcoin nethash than hundreds of masternodes being simultaneously compromised.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:57:21 AM

Why you keep talking BTC vs. DRK

DRK is nowhere near BTC. It's going to take months/years to get such an adoption that BTC currently has. I'm a big supporter of both but talking about there can only be one is just stupid

I'm not saying there will be one, there are thousands and there always will be.

The argument that a second coin will exist with a significant market cap in comparison to Bitcoin is even plausible and I agree with it.

If Darkcoin or Monero succeeds in being number 2 or 3 or 4, they could easily have a multi billion dollar market cap with Bitcoin sitting at the top ($100 billion).

I never said anything against Darkcoin being worth 10% of Bitcoin, or Monero being worth 10% of Bitcoin.

What I did say was this:

These people actually believe that Darkcoin will overtake and replace Bitcoin as the main CryptoCurrency.

With all the issues about Darkcoin (Masternode centralisation weakness, CoinJoin being inferior to CryptoNote, the source being closed for a long time, the insta-mine) I cannot see any reality where Darkcoin overtakes Bitcoin.

And that is what AlexGR believes will happen.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2014, 09:58:49 AM

looks like drk has affect btc demand  ...

oh yeah!
Bitcoin - riding the Darkwave.  Grin

Or more war has broken out somewhere.  Sad
Pages: « 1 ... 1282 1283 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 1295 1296 1297 1298 1299 1300 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 1326 1327 1328 1329 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 1345 1346 1347 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 1359 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1365 1366 1367 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 1379 1380 1381 1382 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: