Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 08:25:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722725 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:19:39 AM

I am a new DRK investor I bought yesterday right at the top (0.024). After it crash overnight and I was tempted to sell but did not. However I was thinking and it feel like every big players bought coins knowing the Bitfinex news and then dump on all the little guys when the news came out. If being on a huge exchange like that doesn't make the price rise what will Huh

To be honest I don't care about the haters/trollers of DRK anymore. The only reliable option for price rising is the acceptance of people/merchant. Right now DRK has grown too well, to a little pump, so be careful if you want to invest all your money in it and try to make some money short-terms.
But with the bitfinex's story, DRK has shown that it is becoming the third power in crypto world. IMHO it has more to offer even than BTC/LTC. Bitfinex accepts DRK despite of DRK still has 3 major hard forks ahead while LTC/BTC people too scared to change their protocol. Don't be surprised if you will soon see more and more exchanges add ALTcoinXXX/DRK marketplace.

Right now even the price DRK/BTC won't even concern me anymore. In facts, I'm enjoying cheap DRK, converting all of my BTC holding to DRK because soon when I'm in need of fiat I don't even need to exchange DRK -> BTC -> fiat anymore. For everyone who misses the chance to be early adaptors of BTC/LTC, DRK is now obviously the only choice.

Beware. for something growing so fast, it always attracts more haters.

Congrats Evan and the team again. You rocks and we're making the history.

Regards,

Well said. No need for the BTC middleman anymore, and hopefully businesses will see the appeal of being able to accept DRK and keep their privacy. By the time DRK hits $100 I think we'll have many more ways of spending it directly without touching fiat at all either.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:20:36 AM

I think that is my problem, because I work at computer all day it is impossible not to look at price. I will try, I believe this coin has a future if iy can get rid of some of the hate.

There is a weird coincidence between all the hate/fud tactics and DRK's price. Ever since the haters started to act in organized manner back in April, price has been steadily increasing from 0.0012 to 0.025/0.028. There was nothing like it in the period preceding this.

Of course FUD and price do not have a causal relation for the uptrend, nor can anyone claim that there is (unless a huge buyer wants to FUD the heck out of everyone else and buy their coins) yet the trend is showing it happens nonetheless.

perhaps FUD and price are causally related. I imagine some big fishes will pay for FUD or work nonstop with their own puppet accounts to do it themselves. This is in order to hold back the price and get more cheap. There is a lot of money at stake here.

Might be... Lots of people lost coins due to FUD so it's not inconceivable. 0.003, 0.005, 0.008, 0.014, 0.028 etc... every time the same stuff about ok now the crash is coming, people liquidated some part of their position but were unable to buy their way in later because the price had reached a new bottom which was higher than what they sold. Especially for the <0.01 prices when loads of coins were bought for nothing.
rickraw

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:26:44 AM

With new merchants coming on board and more exposure, I think a mobile wallet would be great to have.  Is there still a bounty for that?

DASH - Private. Instant. Digital Cash.   DASHPAY.IO
dotnetmin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:27:04 AM

I am a new DRK investor I bought yesterday right at the top (0.024). After it crash overnight and I was tempted to sell but did not. However I was thinking and it feel like every big players bought coins knowing the Bitfinex news and then dump on all the little guys when the news came out. If being on a huge exchange like that doesn't make the price rise what will Huh

To be honest I don't care about the haters/trollers of DRK anymore. The only reliable option for price rising is the acceptance of people/merchant. Right now DRK has grown too well, to a little pump, so be careful if you want to invest all your money in it and try to make some money short-terms.
But with the bitfinex's story, DRK has shown that it is becoming the third power in crypto world. IMHO it has more to offer even than BTC/LTC. Bitfinex accepts DRK despite of DRK still has 3 major hard forks ahead while LTC/BTC people too scared to change their protocol. Don't be surprised if you will soon see more and more exchanges add ALTcoinXXX/DRK marketplace.

Right now even the price DRK/BTC won't even concern me anymore. In facts, I'm enjoying cheap DRK, converting all of my BTC holding to DRK because soon when I'm in need of fiat I don't even need to exchange DRK -> BTC -> fiat anymore. For everyone who misses the chance to be early adaptors of BTC/LTC, DRK is now obviously the only choice.

Regards,

So if also Kraken would list DRK all people sitting in € also wouldn´t need BTC to exchange DRK to Fiat if in need to do so
BTC-e i wouldn´t like to see on DRK, there is too much influence from themselve as theiy are the LTC storagehouse of the world.
AizenSou

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:28:54 AM

Regards,

Well said. No need for the BTC middleman anymore, and hopefully businesses will see the appeal of being able to accept DRK and keep their privacy. By the time DRK hits $100 I think we'll have many more ways of spending it directly without touching fiat at all either.

It would be awesome but that is the problem even BTC has to face right now (merchant acceptance). And to be realistic I don't think we could outpace BTC soon. You're absolutely right, and as a reminder, DRK is only 4 months old while BTC is 4 years old. So we still have a lot of room to grow.

So if also Kraken would list DRK all people sitting in € also wouldn´t need BTC to exchange DRK to Fiat if in need to do so
BTC-e i wouldn´t like to see on DRK, there is too much influence from themselve as theiy are the LTC storagehouse of the world.

With bitfinex as leading example, I don't think of any reason for Kraken not to add DRK soon. DRK exchange volume daily has already outpaced LTC since a few weeks. Kraken has a reason to add DOGE and XPM, so adding DRK is only time-matters.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:49:04 AM

-I 13 will take care of gpu use... Lower the number => the less GPU is used (-I 12 less, -I 11 less etc)

No damage to GPU, don't worry.

Thx for the early comment.
I´m just running it right now and it is giving 1.7Mh/s on like 50C.
How high can i set the I that i will have more Mh/s but can also watch anything or atleast do something without mouse lagging ?
Or is it just trying ?
Whats the normal Mh/s for my GPU ? is there any website where i can look it up ?

Try around different settings and see. Check 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 etc and leave it where you feel comfortable.

The Mh is low... you should have ~2 to 2.4 with sph-sgminer: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0

There is also a faster miner available: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623409.0 That should give you ~3MHs but it might require a bit more work to make it run.

Use the above threads for questions related to the mining programs.

Use this miner "sph-sgminer_x11mod_b2_2min_SICK"

Use this in your bat file: -I 18 -w 128 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --no-submit-stale --expiry 1 --queue 0 --scan-time 1 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1500

Should give you 3.1 Mh/s on your 280x with rock solid stability...

If you wanna go harder, depending on your card, take gpu-engine up in steps of 10.  Depends on how hard your card is overclocked.  My sapphire toxics run 1250 engine no problems...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:54:17 AM

wow, so much hate for the dark on reddit.

There's no such thing as bad publicity  Grin

The ones with a brain will investigate DRK and will know why this is a great coin with a great dev team and community  Cool
Yeah, I would 100% agree with you. I'm not worried, just very surprised at the reactions of people. The rats and roaches have all come out in force. This tells me that darkcoin is making people feel very nervous.

Don't forget, jealousy is a disease...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
blajde

Activity: 364

Pre-sale - March 18

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:58:15 AM

DRK going booming now!
Kergekoin

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:08:04 PM

Patience, it will come back. I really do not think it is too late to get into Dark.

I hope not, so much FUD it makes my brain hurt though !

Most of the "getting in or not" decisions are rather personal opinion and quite a bit of lottery what comes to buying DRK or any cryptocurrency.
Dark is a kind of a pioneer of anonymous payments applications, so it would be logical to think that DRK price is going to rise on long term.
But...
All the new technology and beta software has its risks. Dark has its risks too.
There is next to no solid indicator or fact which could tell us for sure if price goes up or down. For anyone who considers to invest a large amount of funds in to DRK or any cryptocurrency, i suggest you do your homework, read and try to understand to the concept and ideas behind  the coin, try to assess if the dev is professional or not and make your decision based on your risk and reward ratio.
Dont just buy and hope. Make a plan before you buy. Acknowledge the risks you are taking and think if you really belive that you will end up in profit.
If you do that, then most of the times you will probably succeed.

Smiley

******  NB! The links below are affiliate - friend type links, which bring additional benefits both, to you and me  ******
Binance - Best Crypto Trading Platform          CoinBase - Fastest way from FIAT to Crypto
Windscribe - The quickest and easyest way to secure and anonymize your internet traffic
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:24:37 PM

Most of the "getting in or not" decisions are rather personal opinion and quite a bit of lottery what comes to buying DRK or any cryptocurrency.
Dark is a kind of a pioneer of anonymous payments applications, so it would be logical to think that DRK price is going to rise on long term.
But...
All the new technology and beta software has its risks. Dark has its risks too.
There is next to no solid indicator or fact which could tell us for sure if price goes up or down. For anyone who considers to invest a large amount of funds in to DRK or any cryptocurrency, i suggest you do your homework, read and try to understand to the concept and ideas behind  the coin, try to assess if the dev is professional or not and make your decision based on your risk and reward ratio.
Dont just buy and hope. Make a plan before you buy. Acknowledge the risks you are taking and think if you really belive that you will end up in profit.
If you do that, then most of the times you will probably succeed.

Smiley
Here's some analysis:

Ltc coin supply: 10.5 Million Ltcs next 12 months. No privacy of any kind in the protocol whatsoever.

Drk coin supply: 1.05 Million Drks next 12 months. Decentralised automatic coinjoin privacy. Plus ability to setup a Masternode if you have 1000 Darks, to earn more Darkcoins (currently 50% ROI). No electricity to run Masternode. About $5 per month in server running cost.

If you even think for a moment that people in the future need privacy in cryptographic transactions...

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
520Bit

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:36:12 PM

DRK is really good? Check out here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2751e8/psa_dont_fall_for_darkcoins_deceiving_marketing/
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:36:51 PM

Thanks. Very curious to see how much volume they start getting. Also CoinMarket cap needs to add these two markets under DRK. Does anyone know if they need to be contacted for this?
megges

Activity: 371

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:37:27 PM

just a quick tip,
if you like to see all at once, safe the following code as whatever.html and run it in your browser Smiley

hope thats hellpful for some of you

code:
Code:
<html>

<head>

<!-- Hi there! Donate @ Hypron.net! :) If you rip this site please give credit, thanks! -->
<meta charset="UTF-8">

<meta name="description" content="2x2 Darkcoin Chart Layout" />
<title>check out hypron.net!</title>

<style type="text/css">

body {margin:0px; padding:0px;}

.Table {display: table; width: 100%; height: 100%;}

.Row {display: table-row; width: 100%; height: 50%;}

.Cell {display: table-cell; overflow: hidden;}

.Cell iframe {height:107%; width:118%; border: 0px;}

</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class="Table">
<div class="Row">

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/drkbtc" seamless></iframe></div>

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc" seamless></iframe></div>

</div>

<div class="Row">

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/drkbtc" seamless></iframe></div>

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/drkusd" seamless></iframe></div>

</div>

</div>
</body>

</html>

tip me! Tongue XtSrWch1U3BsTBFBHj7acTTzxFo1fy5BMa
mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:37:45 PM

And check out the comments while your there, especially the gilded one. they clearly state this is FUD
simtal

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:38:37 PM

just a quick tip,
if you like to see all at once, safe the following code as whatever.html and run it in your browser Smiley

code:
Code:
<html>

<head>

<!-- Hi there! Donate @ Hypron.net! :) If you rip this site please give credit, thanks! -->
<meta charset="UTF-8">

<meta name=%26quot%3Bdescription%26quot%3B content="2x2 Darkcoin Chart Layout" />

<style type="text/css">

</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class="Table">
<div class="Row">

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/mintpal/drkbtc" seamless></iframe></div>

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/cryptsy/drkbtc" seamless></iframe></div>

</div>

<div class="Row">

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/drkbtc" seamless></iframe></div>

<div class="Cell"><iframe src="https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/bitfinex/drkusd" seamless></iframe></div>

</div>

</div>
</body>

</html>

Nice cheers for the code, never thought of doing that.

mikemikemike
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:38:49 PM

just a quick tip,

code:
Code:
<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<style type="text/css">

</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class="Table">
<div class="Row">

</div>

<div class="Row">

</div>

</div>
</body>

</html>

Your a legend. Cheers for this.
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 12:38:53 PM

So with DRK, we have an UNFINISHED product that will NEVER be 100% anonymous.  #FAIL

So?

Bitcoin itself is unfinished.... it's still hasn't reached version 1.0 for crying out loud.

Also, anonymity is a relative value, much like security or transparency.

Bitcoin's anonymity is like a transparent house made of glass.

Atleast with Darkcoin we now get the anonymity that an underground bunker built with concrete offers.

Unpenetrable? Ofcourse not.... but much much more relative value. Like magnitudes better.

It's relativity that makes you sleep worriless at night (or not)

minairia3

Activity: 1526
Merit: 326

CRYPTOMUS

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:41:13 PM

I assume this is just more silly FUD:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637195.0  However, could someone over here please tear it apart ASAP.  I have a lot of money in Dark and this is the kind of thing a think a lot of people are worried about at the back of their minds.  Does everyone on the development side know everyone's background more or less? Did anyone start buying fancy toys before the price rise? I think I read some of the code is closed source. Was it vetted on your side to make sure it isn't "phoning home" to Putin or Obama?  

oly1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:45:25 PM

just a quick tip,

http://s14.directupload.net/images/140603/temp/bhusne6m.png

code:
Code:
<html>

<head>

<meta charset="UTF-8">

<style type="text/css">

</style>
</head>

<body>
<div class="Table">
<div class="Row">

</div>

<div class="Row">

</div>

</div>
</body>

</html>
Thank you!  I need that. It works perfectly.Smiley
Scriptiee

Activity: 249

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 12:45:57 PM

I assume this is just more silly FUD:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637195.0  However, could someone over here please tear it apart ASAP.  I have a lot of money in Dark and this is the kind of thing a think a lot of people are worried about at the back of their minds.  Does everyone on the development side know everyone's background more or less? Did anyone start buying fancy toys before the price rise? I think I read some of the code is closed source. Was it vetted on your side to make sure it isn't "phoning home" to Putin or Obama?  

Seriously?
Pages: « 1 ... 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 [1665] 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 1683 1684 1685 1686 1687 1688 1689 1690 1691 1692 1693 1694 1695 1696 1697 1698 1699 1700 1701 1702 1703 1704 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: