Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:15:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Ozziecoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:19:49 PM

I want to run my MN, I have the darks, but no experience in all this, so i'll see!
PM me, I can set it up for you for 10 darks; including all ports lockdown.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:20:09 PM

Does anybody know why MN count has dropped to 288?

Likely because they're not getting paid for now, + some want to ride the waves of XC and BC maybe
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:20:20 PM

Probably helping out on testnet.

roede94105

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:21:05 PM

I want to run my MN, I have the darks, but no experience in all this, so i'll see!

Will there be a way for me to show it here to have it checked and ensure everything is fine?

I'd rather be paranoid than sorry for my darks if you don't mind
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:21:10 PM

Because scamcoins always get added to one of the most well known, major exchanges. Roll Eyes The other coins trading on the site, litecoin and bitcoin, must be scams as well, right?

I love getting scammed like this.

No shit.  Getting scammed like this has so far payed off 100% of my consumer debt, I'm holding out for my wife's student loans and in my wildest dreams I'll be scammed into paying off my mortgage, telling my work not to look for me tomorrow and living comfortably on interest payments, while still having DRK leftover to buy stuff anonymously.

Scam me more please.
snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:23:02 PM

Because scamcoins always get added to one of the most well known, major exchanges. Roll Eyes The other coins trading on the site, litecoin and bitcoin, must be scams as well, right?

No shit.  Getting scammed like this has so far payed off 100% of my consumer debt, I'm holding out for my wife's student loans and in my wildest dreams I'll be scammed into paying off my mortgage, telling my work not to look for me tomorrow and living comfortably on interest payments, while still having DRK leftover to buy stuff anonymously.

Scam me more please.

^^ +1 for this

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:25:03 PM

This is a monumental step in getting Darkcoin accepted into the bitcoin community as the de facto standard for anonymity. This puts DRK on a level playing field with BTC and states that Darkcoin provides something Bitcoin cannot.
Plus thinking further ahead, this will open Wall Street's eyes to Darkcoin after Bitcoin has it's ridiculously successful ETF and everyone will be going 'I need to diversify the cryptocurrency portion of my portfolio...what other legitimate coins can we bring to market?'

Re: Bitfinex
I'm re-posting this from a couple days ago and adding this additional part below...

What does Bitfinex, Bitcoin's future ETF(s) and GLD have to do with Darkcoin?
Legitimacy.

Bitfinex allows you to short Bitcoin and Litecoin, as well as buy them on margin (as well as a bunch of more sophisticated products). Here's a good primer on shorting and margin-trading though: http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/marginaccountshortsell.asp
Basically, if you want to short or margin-buy Bitcoin or Litecoin from Bitfinex you are borrowing coins or money from Bitfinex. Bitfinex lends out coins/money because they have a business interest in making a market. And since they have a business interest, Bitfinex isn't going to add every scamcoin under the sun to their exchange (like Cryptsy/MintPal have done) because 99% of those scamcoins would be dominated by short-sellers and margin-calls. In other words, there would be many fools that would buy the scamcoins on margin and they would more than likely would get margin-called left and right and eventually crushed by plummeting prices. I, personally, would short every single coin outside of DRK on MintPal if they allowed shorting. Bitfinex knows this and they know that 1)they would be on the line for these fools' margin buys and 2)there would be no markets because everyone would be trying to short.
So Bitfinex opening up Darkcoin markets is Bitfinex saying "we see Darkcoin as legitimate and are willing to take on major business risk tied to Darkcoin because we believe there is an actual market there."

I believe Secondmarket's (and maybe the Winklevoss twins') Bitcoin ETF's will be huge. And by huge, I mean the price of Bitcoin will likely run-up hugely beforehand and I'm guessing the Bitcoin ETF will likely skyrocket. Overall I think last fall's Bitcoin rally will look like a blip on the charts due to the ETF.
Why? Because Wall Street institutions, mutual funds, investment advisers, large traders and small traders want to buy Bitcoin legitimately and easily . Very few on Wall Street, myself included, had the cojones to wire money to Mt. Gox 2 years ago because it was shady as f*ck, and none of us knew how to mine BTC. So we all watched Bitcoin explode in value and we've been kicking ourselves for it ever since.
The result though is there is now ridiculous demand for anything related to getting Bitcoin easily.
Same thing happened with the offering of GLD in 2005 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GLD&t=my&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=). There was huge demand to buy gold easily. And, outside of buying gold futures, it was nearly impossible to get 100% exposure to the gold market. So GLD came along and at it's max in 2011, the thing held $80 billion worth of gold. Just about every investor on Wall Street wanted to diversify into it. GLD, however, was/is only a market risk diversification tool / value-storing tool. It doesn't have the actual usefulness that Bitcoin and crypto-currencies do. In other words, you cannot buy a pizza for gold like you can with cryptocurrencies. Hence, I think a Bitcoin ETF will be huger than GLD was at it's peak.
Tying this back to Darkcoin... immediately after the Bitcoin ETF's likely successful launch, every major Wall Street bank is going to want to create their own products around Bitcoin and other crypto's. The GLD ETF launch immediately saw the launch of dozens of other gold-related, silver-related and metals-related ETF's. Wall Street is going to research the shit out of other crypto's following Bitcoin ETF's launch. They will quickly see that 99.9% of them are either scamcoins or have no real added benefits above and beyond Bitcoin. They will also see what crypto's are on what exchanges and obviously they'll discover that MintPal/Cryptsy/Poloniex have many coins but are not truly legitimate exchanges due to their markets being long-only/one-sided markets (no ability to short). So they will give more weight to coins which have thrived under the pressure of true market conditions, similar to the stock market, where traders can go long or short the coin and use margin, similar to Bitfinex. The fact that Bitfinex may also allow Dark swaps and volatility products will be icing on the cake.

Anyhow, sorry to ramble on...But this is a monumental step.
JL

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:27:17 PM

Will there be a way for me to show it here to have it checked and ensure everything is fine?

You can do a full port scan after. Also, you set wallet encryption and start the MN yourself. If 15 string used, it's impossible to crack. I have setup for 4 others. PM me and you can PM them yourself. You can contact DZ for "professional hardening" but I personally think port lockdown is sufficient.

Non-technical coin. Use OZC to intro coins to everyday aussies: http://ozziecoin.com
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:27:23 PM

Probably helping out on testnet.

I think there was a bug in the masternode count. Masternodes were showing  on the list that didnt exist anymore, I know because I terminated some EC2 instances that had nodes and they were still showing but not anymore. I think that was one of the things Evan was fixing with the latest release.  I for example just took down my nodes to wait for the final release for the next fork I am not catching any other waves... DRK is the only wave I need.
chaeplin

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

Did you restart your client ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg7015240#msg7015240
roede94105

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:29:59 PM

You can do a full port scan after. Also, you set wallet encryption and start the MN yourself. If 15 string used, it's impossible to crack. I have setup for 4 others. PM me and you can PM them yourself. You can contact DZ for "professional hardening" but I personally think port lockdown is sufficient.

Alright, I'll pm you if i decide you run one, thanks!
eltito

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:33:10 PM

I will half celebrate when darkcoin and litecoin's marketcap meet.

I'll run naked in the french streets

I will fly to France and join you.  Maybe a year later I will retire there, 30 years earlier than I'd planned Smiley.
eltito

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:34:07 PM

youtube that please. thanks.
But only if roede is female thanks. Blokes do not look good naked. I think the ladies would agree.

You only say that because you've never seen this bloke naked.
roede94105

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:35:36 PM

But only if roede is female thanks. Blokes do not look good naked. I think the ladies would agree.

I'm the real deal. I look like Brad Pitt had a baby with a platypus
Ozziecoin

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 05:40:00 PM

Just did, it dropped from 288 to 284. LOL.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:40:09 PM

Scam me more please.

So far I have been positively austere, only bought myself a new pickup truck. I'm not even a redneck, I've just always wanted one, and we're moving house in a few weeks.  

A year from now I shall use it to get to the further flung reaches of my country estate. If I my wife is using the helicopter that day.  Smiley
eltito

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:40:55 PM

I'm the real deal. I look like Brad Pitt had a baby with a platypus

I was referring to myself...but I'll take  your word for it.
AizenSou

Activity: 938

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:46:56 PM

This is a monumental step in getting Darkcoin accepted into the bitcoin community as the de facto standard for anonymity. This puts DRK on a level playing field with BTC and states that Darkcoin provides something Bitcoin cannot.
Plus thinking further ahead, this will open Wall Street's eyes to Darkcoin after Bitcoin has it's ridiculously successful ETF and everyone will be going 'I need to diversify the cryptocurrency portion of my portfolio...what other legitimate coins can we bring to market?'

I'm re-posting this from a couple days ago and adding this additional part below...

Legitimacy.

Bitfinex allows you to short Bitcoin and Litecoin, as well as buy them on margin (as well as a bunch of more sophisticated products). Here's a good primer on shorting and margin-trading though: http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/05/marginaccountshortsell.asp
Basically, if you want to short or margin-buy Bitcoin or Litecoin from Bitfinex you are borrowing coins or money from Bitfinex. Bitfinex lends out coins/money because they have a business interest in making a market. And since they have a business interest, Bitfinex isn't going to add every scamcoin under the sun to their exchange (like Cryptsy/MintPal have done) because 99% of those scamcoins would be dominated by short-sellers and margin-calls. In other words, there would be many fools that would buy the scamcoins on margin and they would more than likely would get margin-called left and right and eventually crushed by plummeting prices. I, personally, would short every single coin outside of DRK on MintPal if they allowed shorting. Bitfinex knows this and they know that 1)they would be on the line for these fools' margin buys and 2)there would be no markets because everyone would be trying to short.
So Bitfinex opening up Darkcoin markets is Bitfinex saying "we see Darkcoin as legitimate and are willing to take on major business risk tied to Darkcoin because we believe there is an actual market there."

I believe Secondmarket's (and maybe the Winklevoss twins') Bitcoin ETF's will be huge. And by huge, I mean the price of Bitcoin will likely run-up hugely beforehand and I'm guessing the Bitcoin ETF will likely skyrocket. Overall I think last fall's Bitcoin rally will look like a blip on the charts due to the ETF.
Why? Because Wall Street institutions, mutual funds, investment advisers, large traders and small traders want to buy Bitcoin legitimately and easily . Very few on Wall Street, myself included, had the cojones to wire money to Mt. Gox 2 years ago because it was shady as f*ck, and none of us knew how to mine BTC. So we all watched Bitcoin explode in value and we've been kicking ourselves for it ever since.
The result though is there is now ridiculous demand for anything related to getting Bitcoin easily.
Same thing happened with the offering of GLD in 2005 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GLD&t=my&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=). There was huge demand to buy gold easily. And, outside of buying gold futures, it was nearly impossible to get 100% exposure to the gold market. So GLD came along and at it's max in 2011, the thing held $80 billion worth of gold. Just about every investor on Wall Street wanted to diversify into it. GLD, however, was/is only a market risk diversification tool / value-storing tool. It doesn't have the actual usefulness that Bitcoin and crypto-currencies do. In other words, you cannot buy a pizza for gold like you can with cryptocurrencies. Hence, I think a Bitcoin ETF will be huger than GLD was at it's peak.
Tying this back to Darkcoin... immediately after the Bitcoin ETF's likely successful launch, every major Wall Street bank is going to want to create their own products around Bitcoin and other crypto's. The GLD ETF launch immediately saw the launch of dozens of other gold-related, silver-related and metals-related ETF's. Wall Street is going to research the shit out of other crypto's following Bitcoin ETF's launch. They will quickly see that 99.9% of them are either scamcoins or have no real added benefits above and beyond Bitcoin. They will also see what crypto's are on what exchanges and obviously they'll discover that MintPal/Cryptsy/Poloniex have many coins but are not truly legitimate exchanges due to their markets being long-only/one-sided markets (no ability to short). So they will give more weight to coins which have thrived under the pressure of true market conditions, similar to the stock market, where traders can go long or short the coin and use margin, similar to Bitfinex. The fact that Bitfinex may also allow Dark swaps and volatility products will be icing on the cake.

JL

Greatest post ever for crypto and investment related info. Thanks for your insightful comment. Hopefully some trolls here takes their time to read your comment and spare us their < 20 words comments full of FUDs.
Thanks again.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 05:54:10 PM

Legitimacy.

JL

Allowing pension funds to trade bitcoin and other alts is a real game changer. They don't do $100 here or there, they do $10m to $100m here or there.

If you have a master nodes worth of DRK, you could be looking at $50,000 to $100,000 worth of value in each node come 2015.
photoguy

Activity: 33
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 06:06:22 PM
Merited by sundownz (10)

Legitimacy.

JL

Allowing pension funds to trade bitcoin and other alts is a real game changer. They don't do $100 here or there, they do $10m to $100m here or there.

If you have a master nodes worth of DRK, you could be looking at $50,000 to $100,000 worth of value in each node come 2015.

You think your ever going to get your $300?
Pages: « 1 ... 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 [1628] 1629 1630 1631 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: