Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:57:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 [1632] 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
Sleepyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:30:30 PM

Whales, yous gonna push it up and dump to 0.017 again? Let us know please

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:32:20 PM

Without IP obfuscation, you are identifiable, so he is right. IP obfuscation is an essential component of privacy/anonymity, not just a "bonus". Yes, sure, blockchain transactions will be a fog, but IP analysis can give you away.

It wasn't so much that, it was a moderator giving technical opinions, in public, on traded currencies on their own exchange

That could be seen as influencing the market...good or bad impact on a traded asset, that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Need mods, to mod the mods.

Actually, as I read what he wrote, it's saying "if you are an idiot and don't follow best practices, or send money to a third party that knows you, then it won't be anonymous". Which is like "no shit Sherlock" Tongue He's not FUD'ing that much. I think what he wrote is near the confines of truth.

However he overestimates his technical capacity. If someone DarkSends him something with IP obfuscation and tell him "ok where did that come from", he'll have an issue tracking it.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:33:02 PM

Still some chunks of liquidity left in the 21 range.

Get stuck in now or get left in the dust because it's about to evaporate.

All charts are now turning green. In particular the twelve hour has 1 bar to go before it's correction from last week's dump is fully in. 4 hour took one look into the abyss and turned back.

20 minute volume about to surpass 10000 DRK, whatever that is in BTC.

Even if it goes back down I would not be selling now for anything. There's too much latent demand waiting to pounce.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:34:28 PM

Without IP obfuscation, you are identifiable, so he is right. IP obfuscation is an essential component of privacy/anonymity, not just a "bonus". Yes, sure, blockchain transactions will be a fog, but IP analysis can give you away.

It wasn't so much that, it was a moderator giving technical opinions, in public, on traded currencies on their own exchange

That could be seen as influencing the market...good or bad impact on a traded asset, that sort of thing shouldn't happen. Need mods, to mod the mods.

Actually, as I read what he wrote, it's saying "if you are an idiot and don't follow best practices, or send money to a third party that knows you, then it won't be anonymous". Which is like "no shit Sherlock" Tongue He's not FUD'ing that much. I think what he wrote is near the confines of truth.

However he overestimates his technical capacity. If someone DarkSends him something with IP obfuscation and tell him "ok where did that come from", he'll have an issue tracking it.

The cryptsy guy talks about the IP that can be seen when you go on the third party website. Nothing that complex.
Moreover once mixed (first pool) I don't think that the transaction keeps the original data.
conf

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Ok for relax, if anyone like Jessie J or Justin Timberlake
Rock in Rio Lisbon
Jessie J > live now
Justin Timberlake ( 23:45 GMT)

http://rockinriolisboa.sapo.pt/en/

Enjoy and relax Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:37:22 PM

All charts are now turning green. In particular the twelve hour has 1 bar to go before it's correction from last week's dump is fully in. 4 hour took one look into the abyss and turned back.

Even if it goes back down I would not be selling now for anything. There's too much latent demand waiting to pounce.

wow. glad I have no idea how to trade like a pro. All those words and I didn't understand hardly any.

I'm like, oh the price is going up, that's nice Grin
Sleepyx

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:39:41 PM

Rock in Rio Lisbon
Jessie J > live now

Enjoy and relax Smiley

thanx  Grin

Trade crypto? Check out Quatloo Trader - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=711966.0
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:41:39 PM

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:42:25 PM

The result though is there is now ridiculous demand for anything related to getting Bitcoin easily.
Same thing happened with the offering of GLD in 2005 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GLD&t=my&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=). There was huge demand to buy gold easily. And, outside of buying gold futures, it was nearly impossible to get 100% exposure to the gold market. So GLD came along and at it's max in 2011, the thing held $80 billion worth of gold. Just about every investor on Wall Street wanted to diversify into it. GLD, however, was/is only a market risk diversification tool / value-storing tool. It doesn't have the actual usefulness that Bitcoin and crypto-currencies do. In other words, you cannot buy a pizza for gold like you can with cryptocurrencies. Hence, I think a Bitcoin ETF will be huger than GLD was at it's peak.
Tying this back to Darkcoin... immediately after the Bitcoin ETF's likely successful launch, every major Wall Street bank is going to want to create their own products around Bitcoin and other crypto's. The GLD ETF launch immediately saw the launch of dozens of other gold-related, silver-related and metals-related ETF's.

Sorry for side-tracking, but just a note: I understand the easy nature of GLD however large investors and funds are shooting themselves on the foot with it. They'd rather buy a few tons off a refinery and take delivery. It's counter to their investment to allow the gold possession by ETF.

It's like masternodes. You get the 1000 DRKs and pull it OFF THE MARKET so that price goes up. If you bought the 1000 and these 1000 remained 100% liquid the effect would not be the same.

With ETF this gold is not really taken off the market so the investor is going against himself. The investor wants to take physical delivery and increase gold shortages that make leveraging paper-to-physical and overselling physical that doesn't exist => less possible.

It's like what Keiser did... buy silver, crash JPM. But take delivery in the process Grin That's how the price goes up.

I see the point you're making, however you should know that the SPDR GLD ETF actually does take physical delivery of every gold bar, and I believe they do a daily mark-to-market and either add or subtract gold from their physical gold holdings. Here's a list of every gold bar they physically hold in very secure/very hidden vaults: http://www.spdrgoldshares.com/assets/dynamic/GLD/file/barlist/Barlist.pdf
I could imagine a Bitcoin (or Darkcoin) ETF would do the same and have a public list of every address with coins that the ETF trust holds. And ya, I would see much better use in a "DarkCoin Masternode" ETF which would likely kick ass due to having a MN dividend attached to it and having Darkcoin price exposure.

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
skyered

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:42:56 PM

wow. glad I have no idea how to trade like a pro. All those words and I didn't understand hardly any.

That really made me laugh .... + 1
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:49:56 PM

have no idea how to trade like a pro. All those words and I didn't understand hardly any.

Prices can go up as part of a downtrend and they can go down as part of an uptrend.

Think of a bicycle pedal. If you only watch the pedal, it goes down every half cycle but the bike might be going up hill, so if you use the pedal as a reference you'll be fooled 50% of the time.

That's what's been happening with Bitcoin the last few months. It's been going up and down as part of a long term downhill journey. However, it has now turned around. The pedals are still going up and down, but the bike is going uphill.

The medium term momentum for DRK since about May 30th has been down. But this is just stabilising now and looks like it may turn up again over the next week. Whatever it does, it's clear from watching the realtime trading that most of the demand is off the order book. What that means is that you can't safely dump this coin right now - even if trading technicals indicate a favourable window. The price just takes off too easily.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 09:59:12 PM

I believe Secondmarket's (and maybe the Winklevoss twins') Bitcoin ETF's will be huge. And by huge, I mean the price of Bitcoin will likely run-up hugely beforehand and I'm guessing the Bitcoin ETF will likely skyrocket. Overall I think last fall's Bitcoin rally will look like a blip on the charts due to the ETF.

Great post this ! Totally agree with everything said and I've been amazed the last few weeks that more people haven't picked up on this point.

I mean, it's a total no-brainer. If the Bitcoin ETFs make it into Wall Street, it will be like going from showering yourself under a leaky drainpipe to standing under Niagra Falls.

Right now, the only formal fiat gateways to cryptos are basically Coinbase, Bitstamp and BTC-e IN THE WHOLE WORLD ! (Plus a few hangers on)

Not only that, it will be a complete paradigm change for crypto currencies. They will be seen to have defied all the adverse predictions of 2013 and 2014 and therefore have demonstrated an incredible resilience against negative press.

Good point also regarding DRK and the secondary markets where traders require to diversify their portfolios. DRK stands square in the middle of "to gain from that" territory.

roede94105

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:02:11 PM

210 buy wall of 80BTC holy shit
Joshuar

Activity: 504

eidoo wallet

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:03:22 PM

84 BTC Tongue

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:04:55 PM

Maybe someone knows a certain exchange has a certain announcement coming out tomorrow morning. Wink
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:05:10 PM

LoL. There's already been 400 BTC worth traded in the last hour on Mintpal alone.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:05:32 PM

The result though is there is now ridiculous demand for anything related to getting Bitcoin easily.
Same thing happened with the offering of GLD in 2005 (http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=GLD&t=my&l=on&z=l&q=l&c=). There was huge demand to buy gold easily. And, outside of buying gold futures, it was nearly impossible to get 100% exposure to the gold market. So GLD came along and at it's max in 2011, the thing held $80 billion worth of gold. Just about every investor on Wall Street wanted to diversify into it. GLD, however, was/is only a market risk diversification tool / value-storing tool. It doesn't have the actual usefulness that Bitcoin and crypto-currencies do. In other words, you cannot buy a pizza for gold like you can with cryptocurrencies. Hence, I think a Bitcoin ETF will be huger than GLD was at it's peak.
Tying this back to Darkcoin... immediately after the Bitcoin ETF's likely successful launch, every major Wall Street bank is going to want to create their own products around Bitcoin and other crypto's. The GLD ETF launch immediately saw the launch of dozens of other gold-related, silver-related and metals-related ETF's.

Sorry for side-tracking, but just a note: I understand the easy nature of GLD however large investors and funds are shooting themselves on the foot with it. They'd rather buy a few tons off a refinery and take delivery. It's counter to their investment to allow the gold possession by ETF.

It's like masternodes. You get the 1000 DRKs and pull it OFF THE MARKET so that price goes up. If you bought the 1000 and these 1000 remained 100% liquid the effect would not be the same.

With ETF this gold is not really taken off the market so the investor is going against himself. The investor wants to take physical delivery and increase gold shortages that make leveraging paper-to-physical and overselling physical that doesn't exist => less possible.

It's like what Keiser did... buy silver, crash JPM. But take delivery in the process Grin That's how the price goes up.

I see the point you're making, however you should know that the SPDR GLD ETF actually does take physical delivery of every gold bar, and I believe they do a daily mark-to-market and either add or subtract gold from their physical gold holdings. Here's a list of every gold bar they physically hold in very secure/very hidden vaults: http://www.spdrgoldshares.com/assets/dynamic/GLD/file/barlist/Barlist.pdf
I could imagine a Bitcoin (or Darkcoin) ETF would do the same and have a public list of every address with coins that the ETF trust holds. And ya, I would see much better use in a "DarkCoin Masternode" ETF which would likely kick ass due to having a MN dividend attached to it and having Darkcoin price exposure.

Personally I don't believe they own every single bar even if these appear registered (and I'm not the only one believing in their "fractional" practices). The only way to ensure that the gold is off the market and not leased to third parties to leverage it against you is is to take physical possession. It might not be the easiest task for some but it's the most effective.
conf

Activity: 284

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:05:56 PM

84 BTC Tongue

relax and enjoy the good things  Grin

Rock in Rio Lisbon
Jessie J > live now

Enjoy and relax Smiley

thanx  Grin

you are  welcome Smiley

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
tcherkin

Activity: 102

The Blockchain is the Future!

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2014, 10:07:06 PM

While enjoying that the price is going up again, why not also enjoying the DarkCoin Orchestral Anthem, especially composed for the DRK:

https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/darkcoin-orchestral-anthem-short-version

Or maybe listen to the whole "The Order of the Dark Coin" - Orchestral Suite:

https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/the-order-of-the-dark-coin-orchestral-suite

If you enjoy this music, feel free to download it and use it to all projects concerning DarkCoin

I also appreciate your DRK donations here: XiG7xsjFrAwtk3iAmxgapycErnErLCxuJQ

Thanks! Smiley

BTC: 1SafeNxow4x4u4yhXjWMYomG9qnv4VPSU
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
June 01, 2014, 10:16:16 PM

While enjoying that the price is going up again, why not also enjoying the DarkCoin Orchestral Anthem, especially composed for the DRK:

https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/darkcoin-orchestral-anthem-short-version

Or maybe listen to the whole "The Order of the Dark Coin" - Orchestral Suite:

https://soundcloud.com/tcherkin/the-order-of-the-dark-coin-orchestral-suite

If you enjoy this music, feel free to download it and use it to all projects concerning DarkCoin

I also appreciate your DRK donations here: XiG7xsjFrAwtk3iAmxgapycErnErLCxuJQ

Thanks! Smiley
I like it! Sounds professional, like simething i woukd hear in Inception 2
Pages: « 1 ... 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 1611 1612 1613 1614 1615 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1621 1622 1623 1624 1625 1626 1627 1628 1629 1630 1631 [1632] 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 1644 1645 1646 1647 1648 1649 1650 1651 1652 1653 1654 1655 1656 1657 1658 1659 1660 1661 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 1675 1676 1677 1678 1679 1680 1681 1682 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: