Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:23:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 [1816] 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722675 times)
thefrog

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:03:15 AM

is it a bad idea to setup a masternode on windows 7 ?

with unnecesasary services turned off and firewall + antivirus installed.
Please please please do it. You will have given me 1000 DRK within 2 weeks of you launching it. I'm not even a little bit joking. The number of attack vectors I would have is unreal. Not as bad as say running a MN on win xp (god forbid...), but still.

So basically no one should even run their standard wallets on windows 7?

So much for going mainstream. Smiley

You should not run wallet on Windows. Period. LTC wallet of a friend of mine was robbed by a trojan horse he did not even know he had. Despite having antivirus installed.
Google litecoin wallet trojan windows.

Make yourself a paper wallet, and use that one for storing your coins.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:12:08 AM

is it a bad idea to setup a masternode on windows 7 ?

with unnecesasary services turned off and firewall + antivirus installed.
Please please please do it. You will have given me 1000 DRK within 2 weeks of you launching it. I'm not even a little bit joking. The number of attack vectors I would have is unreal. Not as bad as say running a MN on win xp (god forbid...), but still.

So basically no one should even run their standard wallets on windows 7?

So much for going mainstream. Smiley
He's talking nonsense and pretending like he knows a lot, while he actually does not. The idea is not bad or good. You would have to work hard and set it up correctly so that you won't get attacked IMO. There is no way for him to get 1000 DRK within 2 weeks even if he hacked you.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
hartvercoint

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:15:28 AM

You should not run wallet on Windows. Period. LTC wallet of a friend of mine was robbed by a trojan horse he did not even know he had. Despite having antivirus installed.

Your friend's problem wasn't windows itself, but downloading and running random files from the interwebz while naively relying on a virus scanner.
Pull your heads out of your asses. No piece of software, be it OS or antivirus, will be able to protect you from yourself.
SamWalters

Activity: 238

Sam Mother Fuckin' Walters

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 08:22:49 AM

DRK was the first X11 coin, and now allcoin.com saw the advantage to add phcoin since it followed the
X11 mining aspect with its launch of the coin... and already people are super motivated at its mission.

I see a future can we discuss DRK to PHC or comparable pairs since they are X11 related?

I support Magi the first anti-botnet mining network to give regular miners the fair chance of mining. Talk to #Magi on IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#magi or on BitcoinTalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.0
thefrog

Activity: 393

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:27:32 AM

Your friend's problem wasn't windows itself, but downloading and running random files from the interwebz while naively relying on a virus scanner.
Pull your heads out of your asses. No piece of software, be it OS or antivirus, will be able to protect you from yourself.

agree on that. but be honest, it's not only warez that has trojans attached, many pages/mails have these too.
How may times you just ignored ssl certificate warning and just clicked on a link ? don't say never.
droptable

Activity: 363

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:33:15 AM

i thought about the fuckup during the last hardfork.

one of the problems that magnified the trouble was the fact that darkcoin.io wasnt able to keep up with the correct display of the new versions.

so...

could we turn the section of the page that says
"newest version is 9.10.x and 10.10.x blabla download here "
etc into something like a dynamic table that reads eg. a json-string

and give some members the privileges to override that json?

you know what persons i m talking about, the folks that keep the news up here around
(and, NO I DONT WANT THAT PRIVILEGE FOR MYSELF)

i think that the display of the correct version number on the "official" homepage is more important than some people understand.
even if the downloadlink is correct, the display of the download version is also very important.

can we do this?

// i m not propagating json, it could be a txt-read, or something completely different,
im just talking about reading a file wich can be edited by some trusted members quickly

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
droptable

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:41:29 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 09:30:08 AM by droptable

agree on that. but be honest, it's not only warez that has trojans attached, many pages/mails have these too.
How may times you just ignored ssl certificate warning and just clicked on a link ? don't say never.

1. i wouldn't run a masternode unless you know what you are doing
2. i wouldnt keep (the majority of) my coins in a (desktop)wallet, what OS whatsoever. just use paperwallets
3. every OS has its vectors, but more important every user creates vectors. Thats why i wouldnt run a masternode on a system that is used for something else at the same time.
3a. give your masternode a system of its own, and if you are not the next coding god, use a system that was meant to be a server and where there is already  knowledge about  how-to-tighten-it-up around.

// i dont run a masternode.
// i dont trust myself (skils) enough to gamble 1000DRK

----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:46:59 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 12:55:38 PM by splawik21

77 HOURS LEFT !!!

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Klacik

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:50:51 AM

one of the problems that magnified the trouble was the fact that darkcoin.io wasnt able to keep up with the correct display of the new versions.

so...

you know what persons i m talking about, the folks that keep the news up here around

i think that the display of the correct version number on the "official" homepage is more important than some people understand.
even if the downloadlink is correct, the display of the download version is also very important.

can we do this?

// i m not propagating json, it could be a txt-read, or something completely different,
im just talking about reading a file wich can be edited by some trusted members quickly

i agree completelly
even now, there's "RC2" displayed (https://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html)

Release Candidates (v0.10.10.1)

Windows RC2 (Darksend)
    Ubuntu GUI RC2 (Darksend)
    Ubuntu daemon RC2 (Darksend)

a bit misleading, when you're looking for an RC3 hardfork wallet...
Perl++

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:05:43 AM

lol.... a trojan in a ssl certificate, who told you that?

The most popular browsers are protected against "download & execute exploit" and this kind of exploits are extremely rare (more than extremely)
But if a hacker have this exploit, he can infect you by injecting a script in a popular website (even if the ssl certificate is good, you will be infected)

Also it's easy to infect a file and share it on a warez website without get a ban.

Linux & Mac can be infected too.
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:07:17 AM

so...

can we do this?

i agree completelly

Windows RC2 (Darksend)

+1

And I think this thread's title should also reflect the need for update...

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:07:21 AM

1. i wouldn't run a masternode unless you know what you are doing
2. i wouldnt keep (the majority of) my coins in a (desktop)wallet, what OS whatsoever. just use paperwallets
3. every OS has its vectors, but more important every user creates vectors. Thats why i wouldnt run a masternode on a system that is used for something else at the same time.
3a. give your masternode a system of its own, and if you are not the next coding god, use a system that was meant to be a server and where there is already  knowledge about  how-to-tighten-it-up around.

// i dont run a masternode.
// i dont trust myself (skils) enough to gamble 1000DRK

I agree and disagree.

I agree that I would never attempt this on a Windoze machine.
I agree that running a masternode should not be taken lightly, unless you feel "light" about 1000 "darks"

I disagree its a gamble. Following the tutorials for local.cold/remote setup, Masternode are safe to run even if a hacker manages to penetrate your remote server.
Perl++

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:19:20 AM

You can run a master node on windows, if you use Comodo internet security.

You need to configure your Comodo fire-wall in "Custom mode" and your HIPS in "Paranoid mode"

I personally removed all the preset configurations, but you need some skills to make it. This is good if you want to control each windows system files (you can also control the behavior of all files), it will be hard at beginning, but it can prevent the remote exploit.

I never use antivirus, it's suck and it's useless if you know how to use comodo properly (so i turn of the comodo antivirus, HIPS is better)

Sorry for my bad english.
jackychan

Activity: 189

The future will be Digital

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:20:53 AM

RC3 hardfork is coming, and we expected the RC4 to lift the 10 limite

hartvercoint

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:25:17 AM

Anybody catching a trojan by opening an email attachment nowadays is either really ignorant or has just used a time-machine from the early 2000's.

Just clicked? Never.

If you just ignore certificate warnings on a page that had a "trusted" certificate before, you're insane (or clueless) and willingly opening yourself up to mitm-attacks.
If it's a page you haven't seen before, you can't trust it and its content anyway.

Catching malware by just surfing the web has become next to impossible. Exploits that let you run arbitrary code on the client are worth big money and aren't used to infect John Doe's Laptop. Once in the wild the bugs are fixed in no time.

But what do I know. I remove 100 search bars and browser hijackers from people's computers on a regular basis. Of course nobody admits that they just download everything, fire it up and hit next like a lunatic during the installation. And every time there was ABSOLUTELY NO WAY that there might have been a "Install ShitSearch CrapBar (TM)" box they could have unticked easily. Shit is installing itself. All the time! Especially when the power cord is unplugged.
Perl++

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:34:40 AM

You can run a master node on windows, if you use Comodo internet security.

Are you serious?

It's like saying you can't get HIV if you use condoms.

I think you don't know or your never used Comodo internet security in Paranoid mode with removing the preset config (i don't think... it's 100% sure)

But nothing is impossible, everybody already know it... it's why linux and mac are vulnerable also.

In this case, don't use a computer.

EDIT: hehe, you removed your message but i saw it xD
droptable

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:40:45 AM

so...

can we do this?

i agree completelly

Windows RC2 (Darksend)

+1

And I think this thread's title should also reflect the need for update...

can someone with the privileges copy my thoughts to the community section of the darkcoin-talk board?
i really think that this is important.

----------
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:43:05 AM

Haha !! It is starting gentlemen!

Look at Mintpals orderbook... someone is trying to ramp-up (pump?) the price at low volume  Grin
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:43:41 AM

We just update the pool:

http://p2pool.e-pool.net:7903/static/

Enjoy e-pool mining!

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:45:36 AM

I think the DRK masternode concept is ingenious and a real game changer for the crypto world. It fixes some of the major floors in the bitcoin model by having a proof of service model.

I was wondering if we should start putting on our thinking caps to see what other avenues we can utilise with proof of service, I am sure Evan already has some really awesome ideas.
Pages: « 1 ... 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 [1816] 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 1828 1829 1830 1831 1832 1833 1834 1835 1836 1837 1838 1839 1840 1841 1842 1843 1844 1845 1846 1847 1848 1849 1850 1851 1852 1853 1854 1855 1856 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1862 1863 1864 1865 1866 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: