Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:08:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 [2000] 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:53:28 PM

The price its going down a lot, why it´s that?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:53:47 PM

I may be a Darkcoin/Evan fanhag, but I still think I know my reality and what's logical.
You're a fine argument for the legalization of cloning. ;-)

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:57:48 PM

How could anyone do a fair assessment and conclude that DRK is a scam? You'd have to be brain damaged.
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Also, you can just tell that these morons are the type to favor taxing the successful so as to subsidize their failure.
Occupy Someone Else's Private Keys!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

<@evan82> luigi1111w, not really, back to RC4 for me Smiley

What a gem!
Context?

Oh nothing really, I suggested a few more things he could do with his distribution script and he replied with that. Smiley
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 07:59:32 PM

this is the coin with closed source code and  50% instamined by devs   ??
yep..
Better sell them to me... I'm such a dumb, blind zealot of a bagholder...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:00:19 PM

So you're afraid that so many people are using Amazon's services compromises the integrity of the network?  I honestly can't see the problem.  If the US Government moved to shut down all amazon services running masternodes tomorrow, it would take me exactly 10 minutes to put my masternode back up on my home computer with noip handling my dynamic ip address, or just use my dynamic ip address and change it when my service provider changes it, why not?

I wonder if future improvements could see masternode handshaking become fast enough to handle dynamic IPs as a matter of course? It's already pretty quick with the new multisync.

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:02:53 PM

424 nodes and climbing.

Bitcoin is asking people to make donations to node operators, nothing wrong with that, but having nodes paid gives a strong incentive to get one and keep it active.

Does this reduce the payout to miners? Yes. That's a stupid question.

The question is about value. Does this reduce the value miners get? Well, no. Nodes are part of the anonymity layer. They can also do other things and get paid for their trouble.  All this gives value to Darkcoin, which keeps mining profitable over the longer-term.

Miners and Master Nodes are symbiotic. They create a self-reinforcing decentralised ecosystem.

I love non-stupid people...

Wait to see BTC become the copypasta shitcoin that steals Evan's creation once it is open sourced. Taking that step will shut up a lot of the people who said DRK can never replace BTC; when BTC starts stealing from DRK because DRK is obviously better in every conceivable way...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:04:19 PM

What you mean "2 tiers of DRK citizens" ? I really did not understand this post, but would like to follow your train of thought
I think I already explained.

Ones that receive "interest" and ones that don't.

The thread's now dominated by masternode holders discussing their masternodes, but they are in the minority amongst holders. Most holders are not masternode'ers. They do not receive interest payments and are not participants in this whole process, yet they're the ones who determine the valuation. I see that as a problem.

It could have a potentially divisive effect on the  stakeholder base by creating an "us and them" atmosphere, particular when all everyone does is bang on about how much their getting from their masternode and nothing about what service masternodes provide to other holders. This needs to be addressed IMO otherwise people will ask "why am I holding this declining value coin just so they can cream off my transaction fees ?".

i.e. non-masternode holders need to see a tangible benefit from the existence of the MN network, otherwise they'll just see it as overhead and dump.
I think you're manufacturing a problem.

People adopting DRK should do enough research to know what masternodes are and what they do and why they should like them. Those who pay so little attention to what they are doing that they don't do this research fall into the category of "I want free money hose, it's not fair that people who work get stuff and my lazy ass doesn't!" These people do not matter and need not be catered to.

If you can barely computer then masternodes shouldn't be trusted to you anyhow. It's working exactly as it should. I think Evan would like it to be more inclusive.

This is the tier level point of separation. No previous coin has had two inclusive metrics of block validation. This is why RC3 has had launch failures. MN Pay Votes and Mining were not playing well together, but had to be boolean exclusive AND to prevent wild forkage. There was no way to enforce that exclusive AND. As we can see, there are people who can be trusted to follow that directive, and those who cannot... Two tiers.

The stupid cannot be trusted because they don't have the sense to know they are causing a problem. Watch Steve Martin's "The Jerk" to learn more.

No one is entitled to run a masternode, and with good reason. Evan is working on stupid-proofing MN Payment Votes in sync with the already-known mining verification stupid-proofing. Once both are stupid-proofed and merged, we won't have problems anymore.

The stupid cannot be trusted because they don't have the sense to know they are causing a problem. Watch Steve Martin's "The Jerk" to learn more.

Once both are stupid-proofed and merged, we won't have problems anymore.

LMFAO!

There are 4 types of people you will deal with in life:

Conscious Competence - They are shit hot and they know it.
Unconscious Competence - They are shit hot but they don't know it.
Conscious Incompetence - They are idiots but they know it.
Unconscious Incompetence - This is the worst type of person you can deal with...

I would say 95% of Crypto falls into the last category, including myself...

If I had to put money on it, I would say a very small handful on competent dev's and some very early market adopters actually understand what's going on in Crypto today...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:06:28 PM

Could the mod please delete Jacques de Molay's post ? Seriously? I don't know you guys are nemesis or what but it's really unacceptable.

So basically, you support XC and you're either, (1) pissed off you were scammed; or (2) part of the XC scam.

So you're a self-confessed leech on society. You trade to steal off those with little experience, but contribute nothing. Community support is the reason why DRK is still here. We support the project, the developers, those that would like to contribute positively to creating something the world needs: eCash.

The world does indeed need the odd bottom feeder such as you. That's how projects learn and adapt to become stronger and during the process they must innovate.

You are only here because of the hard work of others. No need to thank anyone, just close the door quietly behind you if you have nothing positive to add.
ntrn500

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:08:32 PM

Yet another FUD: the daemon crashed and the wallet corrupted.
If you need to kill some time, you can read the stupidities of this troll here: http://www.reddit.com/r/DRKCoin/comments/29bf95/community_response_to_developer_whose_wallet/
(I don't know how google selects / filters the news about Darkcoin, but they do not seem useful.)
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:11:02 PM

People should see a tangible benefit?Huh What about anonymity?  The feature that gives its intrinsic value to the coin! Without it the coin anybody holds would be worthless everybody should be thanking masternode ops. Darkcoin has proof of service it is people that provide the service that get compensated, setting up a master node is only 10K a very small investment,  if you are student and cant afford to invest 10K then hold your coins and wait for future appreciation as it gets adopted.  It is a fair system the rules are the same for everybody.
I don't think he's trying to offend regarding the benefits of drk. It's just that, like it or not, for the adoption you are talking about to happen on a really wide scale the ignoramuses of this world are going to have to be taken into consideration!  Smiley
They are being taken into consideration. The Spork is how we keep them from destroying the network. It becomes idiot-tolerant. I already explained this a few posts up and it makes perfect sense.

If you want to hand an idiot a tool as complex as this, it needs to be able to survive them having it. RC3's failures-to-launch are a direct result of it. The concept of merging two block issuance metrics was only half solved by the pre-existing PoW verification system. The MN Vote metric isn't idiot-proofed yet. The Spork gives us a way to monitor the idiots and thus create a resistance to them. Once that method of verification exists, there won't be wild forking anymore. No different than the PoW need to verify blocks or else anyone could publish any block they felt like... The MN Vote stack currently does allow many exploits, that's why it kept forking... It's never been done before. Watching the bad actors in the wild is the only way to see what verifications need to be done and how to prevent the bad actors. Most bad actors are not malicious "hackers" but merely stupid people. Thus, we return to the original point; if you're going to hand a tool to a stupid person, you have to make sure it can survive the things the stupid person will do to it. It's impossible for a smart person to predict everything a stupid person will do. Watching them do stupid things in the wild is often the only real tool a developer has. It's why I "people watch." I just plain do not understand the extreme mass stupidity of the human race. I have to go out and watch them destroy themselves from time to time just to see what the hell is going on... I have a brain, use it, and I jsut plain do not act the way so-called "normal" people do... So is the developer of software...

Being closed-source, for now, limits the potential for these bad actors during development. If it were already open-source, my gawd... It'd never get done.

OMGzzz the RC3 has fail, DRK is teh sucks!!! An odd dochotomy of non-reason... Without the volume of adoption DRK currently has, it would be impossible to figure out how this new block verification system would need to be crafted... These RC3 failures were not only inevitable, they were REQUIRED by entropy and fate. It's the only way a clear understanding of the problem would be seen. The problem could then be fixed. You can't create a verification system if you have no idea what you need to verify...

This isn't the end of DRK, it is the beginning. Only a "normal" person loses faith in the very moment when everything finally has a chance to go right... It's like wanting to drive your car to an island, and giving up the moment someone builds the bridge...

People selling post-spork are the dumbest people on Earth.

Dude you've been on fire lately... +1

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:11:25 PM

What you mean "2 tiers of DRK citizens" ? I really did not understand this post, but would like to follow your train of thought
I think I already explained.

Ones that receive "interest" and ones that don't.

The thread's now dominated by masternode holders discussing their masternodes, but they are in the minority amongst holders. Most holders are not masternode'ers. They do not receive interest payments and are not participants in this whole process, yet they're the ones who determine the valuation. I see that as a problem.

It could have a potentially divisive effect on the  stakeholder base by creating an "us and them" atmosphere, particular when all everyone does is bang on about how much their getting from their masternode and nothing about what service masternodes provide to other holders. This needs to be addressed IMO otherwise people will ask "why am I holding this declining value coin just so they can cream off my transaction fees ?".

i.e. non-masternode holders need to see a tangible benefit from the existence of the MN network, otherwise they'll just see it as overhead and dump.
I think you're manufacturing a problem.

People adopting DRK should do enough research to know what masternodes are and what they do and why they should like them. Those who pay so little attention to what they are doing that they don't do this research fall into the category of "I want free money hose, it's not fair that people who work get stuff and my lazy ass doesn't!" These people do not matter and need not be catered to.

If you can barely computer then masternodes shouldn't be trusted to you anyhow. It's working exactly as it should. I think Evan would like it to be more inclusive.

This is the tier level point of separation. No previous coin has had two inclusive metrics of block validation. This is why RC3 has had launch failures. MN Pay Votes and Mining were not playing well together, but had to be boolean exclusive AND to prevent wild forkage. There was no way to enforce that exclusive AND. As we can see, there are people who can be trusted to follow that directive, and those who cannot... Two tiers.

No one is entitled to run a masternode, and with good reason. Evan is working on stupid-proofing MN Payment Votes in sync with the already-known mining verification stupid-proofing. Once both are stupid-proofed and merged, we won't have problems anymore.

Once both are stupid-proofed and merged, we won't have problems anymore.

LMFAO!

There are 4 types of people you will deal with in life:

Conscious Competence - They are shit hot and they know it.
Unconscious Competence - They are shit hot but they don't know it.
Conscious Incompetence - They are idiots but they know it.
Unconscious Incompetence - This is the worst type of person you can deal with...

I would say 95% of Crypto falls into the last category, including myself...

If I had to put money on it, I would say a very small handful on competent dev's and some very early market adopters actually understand what's going on in Crypto today...
You left out the 5th: Willful Conscious Incompetence. They spread the problem intentionally. They just want to see the world burn. They cut off their nose to spite their face. The kill themselves just to hurt those who were foolish enough to care about them.

Maybe it's a subset of the Conscious Incompetence... But, they have the opposite attitude. They know they're wrong and they're going to force it on you just because they get off on bringing you down.

"Society" only accepts the 4th sort (and it is run by the 5th sort, any government employee is the 5th sort) because that is what it is made for and made of. If you want to be anything else, you'll have to be a "weirdo" and endure their endless assault for daring to not flatter them with immitation...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:11:51 PM

The price its going down a lot, why it´s that?

20 MN joined the network in the last few hours.  Grin

Prices will always go up and down. That's life, but 20 MN in the last few hours joining the network  Cool
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 08:12:59 PM

Could the mod please delete Jacques de Molay's post ? Seriously? I don't know you guys are nemesis or what but it's really unacceptable.

So basically, you support XC and you're either, (1) pissed off you were scammed; or (2) part of the XC scam.
So you're a self-confessed leech on society. You trade to steal off those with little experience, but contribute nothing. Community support is the reason why DRK is still here. We support the project, the developers, those that would like to contribute positively to creating something the world needs: eCash.

The world does indeed need the odd bottom feeder such as you. That's how projects learn and adapt to become stronger and during the process they must innovate.

You are only here because of the hard work of others. No need to thank anyone, just close the door quietly behind you if you have nothing positive to add.
You've heard of Useful Idiots, right? This is an example of the Useful Degenerate.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:17:03 PM

EDIT (6/28/2014)
New clients have been released and more changes have been made. Current versions are v9.11.5 and v10.11.5. It is important that all solo-miners and pool operators update to the correct clients! Miners make the network work, and as such you need to use the right client versions, stay up to date and keep our blockchain healthy and stable!

You can find the new client software on the official downloads page of www.Darkcoin.io.

https://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html

*** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.11.5 OR 10.11.5 ***

Windows Users:
v9.11.5
v10.11.5

Linux Users:
Ubuntu v10.11.5 GUI Wallet/Client
Ubuntu v10.11.5 Darkcoind Daemon

Mac Users:
v9.11.5 Wallet/Client

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/please-update-your-darkcoin-clients.1602/

new page bump
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:18:03 PM

I may be a Darkcoin/Evan fanhag, but I still think I know my reality and what's logical.

Just give me a better body and blond hair...better teeth and voice... um... yah, nicer hands would be nice. 
I'd be all for it then!  Stick my brain in one of 'em and enslave the rest, no problem!  LOL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:18:52 PM

This network of masternodes is not decentralized.  You have people running numerous masternodes and then you have the majority of masternodes hosted in the same place.  What percent of the users actually have or will have masternodes?  1%?  .01%?  .001%?  Whenever you have a fraction controlling a majority it is not decentralized.

What's the difference between that and mining pools?  Some pools are larger than others.  In this case, with multiple mixings, the threat of anyone getting all the information of a mix requires far more than 51% of the network.  But with i2p, or whatever that's called, even that won't matter.

So you're afraid that so many people are using Amazon's services compromises the integrity of the network?  I honestly can't see the problem.  If the US Government moved to shut down all amazon services running masternodes tomorrow, it would take me exactly 10 minutes to put my masternode back up on my home computer with noip handling my dynamic ip address, or just use my dynamic ip address and change it when my service provider changes it, why not?

That's a false dichotomy or non sequitur or at the minimum false logic.

There is no difference.  Pool mining is centralized.  Decentralized would be everyone solo mining.  

When people use the term decentralized to describe the masternode network they are incorrect.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:19:35 PM

To be honest, I have nothing against XC, but the dev is a real jerk. Openly bashing DRK. Makes me really appreciate Evan.

So that's where it came from!!!  It flowed down from the top...

I'm referring to the seemingly endless wave of ShillBois who appeared from nowhere about a month or so ago and were hellbent on spreading as much DRK FUD as possible...

I was sitting there thinking to myself "Where the fuck did this all come from all of a sudden?"

When you've got the lead developer flinging shit around like that + so many jealous traders that missed the DRK boat, suddenly things begin to make sense...

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:21:27 PM

Just give me a better body and blond hair...better teeth and voice... um... yah, nicer hands would be nice. 
I'd be all for it then!  Stick my brain in one of 'em and enslave the rest, no problem!  LOL

But Mrs Robinson, we already did that:

Grin
Jacques de Molay

Activity: 339

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 08:22:36 PM

Yawn, this reply didnt even contain a point, rabble rabble rabble is all it is.

As I said you are better off sticking to gifs, that's the level of your intelligence it seems.  

Also aren't you profiteering off the hard work of others ? Or are you trying to say you are a dev working with darkcoin ?  that's the level of "Look at me, look at how special I am" I have come to expect with this community.   I am not impressed, only real devs who deliver impress me.  I bought darkcoin because of what people were saying - 50% insta mined, devs controlling prices, so I promptly bought probably more than you cheaply.  I never once bought darkcoin because of its features = which are non existent and don't work for the most part. Coinjoin isnt your anon solution but it is.   I buy XC for features that work and will be delivered faster.  I trade dark because of the fud, and you can play them both really well IF you aren't so blind and up your own arses.

Good luck whatever, darkcoin is going to need it pretty soon.

Better start a new fud campaign as XC community knows full well thats all you have and ever will have.

Pages: « 1 ... 1950 1951 1952 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 [2000] 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: