Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:46:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 [2003] 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722502 times)
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:51:23 PM

Darkpool Official Statement

http://drkpool.com/

LoL, someone wanted a Master Node real bad...

The point I don't get... If someone has the skills to hack a pool which probably had fairly good security measures, why would they go to all that trouble for a measly 1000 DRK?

Someone with that level of intelligence could surely scrape the money together and purchase a MN?

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hellyeahent

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:55:07 PM

There wasnt reward for 1st 5000 blocks ?

Coz when I check here: http://coinz.cryptoid.info/diff/?drk diff was 0 or close to 0 Huh? And main page says no premine
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

And what market sectors are you talking about that require this additional secrecy?  How is their privacy compromised today?

I keep hearing this argument about businesses using Darkcoin to prevent their competitors from knowing what they are doing but I don't hear of any practical examples as to why  businees would benefitt from Darkcoin.  Please elaborate on this as It's been a talking point for some time but I don't see it as a valid argument for why Darkcoin is going to be widely adopted.  
Really?

You and I are competitors. If you use bitcoin I can, with a little effort, deduce who your suppliers are and what you're paying them, and who you're customers are and what their spend with you is.

Information has value. Ever hear of Google or Facebook?
I don't see that as an argument for adopting Darkcoin.  Businesses will just continue to use standard banking services.

Business to business adoption of cryptocurrency is a long ways off.  Businesses need professional services.   If the recent fork fiasco's, poor management and poor communication are any indication of how Darkcoin will operate in the future then it is definitely not a candidate for business adoption.  Would you trust your money with an entity that can't even communicate effectively?  Over six months and there still isn't a focused, professional communicator for Darkcoin.  Darkcoin will never be adopted by any legitimate business until it starts acting like a business itself, communicates effectively, and conducts itself in a professional manner.  Right now it more closely resembles a ragtag group of high school misfits conducting a science experiment than anything else.  
Precisely. I've tried doing busines with suppliers using BTC. They just look at me funny. Try to educate them, they don't want to do business with anyone who uses BTC and I lose a source... They're absolutely terrified of what the guv will do to them if they even talk about it. Especially the current administration in the USA, being very violent and completely unconcerned with the constitutional limits placed against it... Look at what a I sell and tell me how profound that reality really is... Some people have their heads in the crypto clouds... Think about this a while for a serious reality check.

Businesses are perfectly fine with contracting to produce my product; something the BATFE has TWICE threatened to kill me and my son for selling, but taken not one step towards any legitimate legal action... No one has any qualms with that...

But they are afraid to even mention the word "bitcoin" for fear of reprisal, and won't even take my calls after having brought it up because they're so fucking afraid of what will be done to them.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:55:47 PM

The point I don't get... If someone has the skills to hack a pool which probably had fairly good security measures, why would they go to all that trouble for a measly 1000 DRK?

Someone with that level of intelligence could surely scrape the money together and purchase a MN?

They probably thought they were going to be able to keep doing it while going unnoticed for a long time.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 09:56:43 PM

They were hoping to get away with it for a long time. a large chunk would be detected. They also know it might affect the price, which would undermine their very own devious investment efforts and didn't want it to be found...

If only Mt Gox kept records that would show a missing 1000BTC...

Now let me preface this with the fact that I'm not asking for it, and certainly would very strongly urge against is; will Evan take money out of his pocket to fund the loss? I only bring it up because I'd like the discussion to be started by a non-whiner.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
mstrongbow

Activity: 322

3D Printed!

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 09:58:44 PM

EDIT (6/28/2014)
New clients have been released and more changes have been made. Current versions are v9.11.5 and v10.11.5. It is important that all solo-miners and pool operators update to the correct clients! Miners make the network work, and as such you need to use the right client versions, stay up to date and keep our blockchain healthy and stable!

You can find the new client software on the official downloads page of www.Darkcoin.io.

https://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html

*** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.11.5 OR 10.11.5 ***

Windows Users:
v9.11.5
v10.11.5

Linux Users:
Ubuntu v10.11.5 GUI Wallet/Client
Ubuntu v10.11.5 Darkcoind Daemon

Mac Users:
v9.11.5 Wallet/Client

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/please-update-your-darkcoin-clients.1602/

new page bump

Thanks for bumping this.

I cannot keep up with all the activity in this thread. It would take a solid 2-3 hours of straight reading everyday just to take in all the new posts.

Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com       Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets        Provably Fair   
*Got LootCrate?*
*My Stuff For Sale thread/s*   www.CryptoCause.org   Ask me about SEGMining Hosting!
"Don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible" - Edwin Land
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:00:06 PM

And what market sectors are you talking about that require this additional secrecy?  How is their privacy compromised today?

I keep hearing this argument about businesses using Darkcoin to prevent their competitors from knowing what they are doing but I don't hear of any practical examples as to why  businees would benefitt from Darkcoin.  Please elaborate on this as It's been a talking point for some time but I don't see it as a valid argument for why Darkcoin is going to be widely adopted.  

Really?

You and I are competitors. If you use bitcoin I can, with a little effort, deduce who your suppliers are and what you're paying them, and who you're customers are and what their spend with you is.

I don't see that as an argument for adopting Darkcoin.  Businesses will just continue to use standard banking services.

Business to business adoption of cryptocurrency is a long ways off.  Businesses need professional services.   If the recent fork fiasco's, poor management and poor communication are any indication of how Darkcoin will operate in the future then it is definitely not a candidate for business adoption.  Would you trust your money with an entity that can't even communicate effectively?  Over six months and there still isn't a focused, professional communicator for Darkcoin.  Darkcoin will never be adopted by any legitimate business until it starts acting like a business itself, communicates effectively, and conducts itself in a professional manner.  Right now it more closely resembles a ragtag group of high school misfits conducting a science experiment than anything else.  

Has every venture of your own been instantly perfect?

Darkcoin has a long way to go, I'm the first to admit it. But Evan and team are doing something new here, getting a real world system right takes time, and mistakes happen. What separates winners from losers is how they deal with adversity, and Evan has made the right call every time.

Getting your arse kicked will teach you how to fight, or it will make a perpetual victim of you, it depends on the person. I trust the Darkcoin developers more now than before the first two RC3 attempts, because they learned, adapted, improved.

So many people refuse to do that, or they've been brainwashed into thinking they can't, or worst of all, they shouldn't have to.
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:01:53 PM

Really?

I secretly admire the DRK team and I'm here seeking approval...

The reason why most people have chosen Dark is because of the professionalism and project management skills of the DRK team...

Two extremely crucial components to running a successful project...

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:07:44 PM

But they are afraid to even mention the word "bitcoin" for fear of reprisal, and won't even take my calls after having brought it up because they're so fucking afraid of what will be done to them.

Things aren't quite so bad yet here in Europe.

I'm in the very fortunate position of being able to dictate payment method to clients. By doing so, in my own small way I spread the word. I've been pleasantly surprised how many people have been instantly receptive to the concept of ecash that the government can't steal.  Smiley
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2014, 10:08:04 PM

So many people refuse to do that, or they've been brainwashed into thinking they can't, or worst of all, they shouldn't have to.
And worse, you'll never get through to them. They send their kids off to slaughterhouses every day saying they shouldn't have to be concerned about protecting their own children! People willing to be so exceptionally uncaring and irresponsible towards their own children won't care MORE about the fiat/crypto battle, much less the BTC/DRK argument.

Put them outside the window of the classroom where it all went so horribly wrong, force them to watch, and see if they still think being helpless is a good idea...

If they don't learn from that, they won't learn from anything. These sort of people will never learn. They let their own children die in the name of granting impossible magical powers to the politicians who made it happen while claiming "compassion and goodwill" a.k.a Free Stuff for the Lazy and Stupid. These people truly and deeply believe the Free Stuff is worth killing their own kids for... They have kids they don't care about just so they can buy an Escalade with spinning fucking rims from the welfare checks... Waht is it like to grow up knowing the only reason you exist is so your shit excuse for a mother can drive a fancy car in the ghetto? Under that reality, no wonder they don't mind killing their own children for free stuff. They created the kid to get free stuff in the first place... Why not get even MORE free stuff by killing it?

I hear about it every day in my line of work. It's why I harp about the stupid people so much... What do you expect from people who are willing to kill their own children to get free stuff? If dead babies doesn't teach them, do you think losing a few hundred or thousand piddly DRKs will?

You can't fix stupid.

They're getting it wrong on purpose. Willful Conscious Incompetence to the extreme of killing children to get their free stuff/entitlements. If that's not evil, I don't know what is.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
hellyeahent

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:14:23 PM

Really?

The reason why most people have chosen Dark is because of the professionalism and project management skills of the DRK team...

But low dev skill coz failed with this annonimity like 3 times already ?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:14:46 PM

My MN has been running almost 72 hours and has still not received a payment. It shows up on every list, and "darkcoind masternode list" shows ":1" by my IP.

When I'm watching my debug log I do occasionally see "peer=xxx says we are misbehaving 20." Any idea what that means and if it has an effect?

Thanks!

Im in the same boat as you, all up to date and still no payment after a couple days. Guess our only option is to wait.

If I were you, I'd load your 1000 coin wallet, give it a new address and deposit that 1000 into it, then create a new masternodeprivkey # and put it in both config files, then restart  your masternodes.  Don't bother with changing IP addresses.  The system will never know you were off line, and this actually got one of my nodes to get a payment.

Of course, this could still be bad varience, I haven't seen a payment in well over 24 hours either.  But I don't think it'll hurt.  Our nodes ping every 30 minutes, just do your work between pings and nobody'd ever know you were off line ;P

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:19:27 PM

EDIT (6/28/2014)
New clients have been released and more changes have been made. Current versions are v9.11.5 and v10.11.5. It is important that all solo-miners and pool operators update to the correct clients! Miners make the network work, and as such you need to use the right client versions, stay up to date and keep our blockchain healthy and stable!

You can find the new client software on the official downloads page of www.Darkcoin.io.

https://www.darkcoin.io/getstarted.html

*** PLEASE UPDATE TO 9.11.5 OR 10.11.5 ***

Windows Users:
v9.11.5
v10.11.5

Linux Users:
Ubuntu v10.11.5 GUI Wallet/Client
Ubuntu v10.11.5 Darkcoind Daemon

Mac Users:
v9.11.5 Wallet/Client

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/please-update-your-darkcoin-clients.1602/

new page bump
hellyeahent

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:20:44 PM

There wasnt reward for 1st 5000 blocks ?

Coz when I check here: http://coinz.cryptoid.info/diff/?drk diff was 0 or close to 0 Huh? And main page says no premine
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:22:38 PM

ROFL  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy  Grin  Ah yah!  Gotta breath!
cough

I'm not even gonna ask... just ignore.... but that is seriously an awesomely stupid narrow minded idiotic suggestion.  Sometimes I can't help but wonder if these people are BS'ing or serious?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:23:55 PM

Really?

Finding bugs and addressing them promptly, with transparency, is not considered a failure by any stretch of the imagination.

It's part of the development process...

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:27:54 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2014, 10:44:50 PM by toknormal

I've got some sympathy with this point of view and I've often argued that "nothing will surpass bitcoin". However, whatever the merits of the points made in this and other posts of your's, the transparency of the Bitcoin network clearly leaves the door wide open for an opaque cryptocurrency market - I don't really think that's in much doubt.

For a start, the mere fact that all "movements" are in the public domain, even though the address owners might not be is a radical departure from accepted privacy practices. In the fiat banking system right now, I can't readily see the movements between anonymous accounts let alone identified ones. This is simply a huge MINUS point for bitcoin, no way around it. Yes, I can see it remaining and growing as the reserve currency, but I sure can see a large part of the potential crypto coin market simply wanting cover for their holdings and movements. No-one knows if the size of that market will be 5%, 10% or 90%, but it definitely will be there because it's there right now in fiat.

Would you trust your money with an entity that can't even communicate effectively?

That is probably the weakest criticism you could ever have made of Darkcoin IMO. Of all the coins I've invested in and followed, this one probably has one of the most open, engaging and responsive dev teams I've seen. Ok, we can argue all day about that point, but if you think that's a 'weakness' then they sure don't need to play to their strengths. This isn't an airline, it's a garage technical project with a staff of 2 that went viral in a period of months, so I'm cool with communication so far.

As far as the competition goes, I've been in and out of most of them. There are many merits amongst the current diversity of projects out there, but I've not seen any that is as complete and fundamentally original or committed as this one. Again, we can have a tortuous debate about algo's, centralisation, masternodes and whatever, but delivering a complete solution that works and can continually innovate is going to be very appealing to me - far more so than any of its current contemporaries.

I've read all the fud and I don't have a particular emotional or "tribal" attachment, but I think this project is the real deal. I think the developers of this coin actually WANT to achieve a certain level of excellence in this field and that means more in terms of investability to me than anything else. Problems will appear, but problems can be solved if there's a will.

Just so happens, "the will" is the one thing that isn't in short supply around here.

chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:34:25 PM

Masternode status updated :

http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html ( or http://drk.poolhash.org/darksend.html )

+

http://drk.poolhash.org/mnode.html

= merged to http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

(Do not open at mobile browser.. hell of data...)

Thank you very much Wink
It would be nice if there is a sound when a new block is solved.

http://drk.poolhash.org/bell.html

Tested in Chrome.
slapper
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1096

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:35:18 PM

shojayxt

This thread has some of the harshest critics on Darkcoin. They will be happy to work with you https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=560138.0

I think you exercised a lot of free speech, however there are other matters that should take precedence in this thread. You don't see Darkcoin being discussed in XMR and BBR thread like this. Enough trolls today and I don't think you are one.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 10:47:34 PM

Masternode status updated :

http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html ( or http://drk.poolhash.org/darksend.html )

+

http://drk.poolhash.org/mnode.html

= merged to http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html

(Do not open at mobile browser.. hell of data...)

Thank you very much Wink
It would be nice if there is a sound when a new block is solved.

http://drk.poolhash.org/bell.html

Tested in Chrome.

El Presidente,

OSx Safari, Chrome and Firefox... all show the main Darkcoin blockheight page. I dont see anything relating to MN variance stats
Pages: « 1 ... 1953 1954 1955 1956 1957 1958 1959 1960 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 1975 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 1982 1983 1984 1985 1986 1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 [2003] 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 2024 2025 2026 2027 2028 2029 2030 2031 2032 2033 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: