Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:00:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 [3116] 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722673 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:40:46 PM

I have an idea that can make us reach world news all of the world, like prime time news. I don't want to just share it since other coins might steal the idea, it's quite a simple idea, but it has never been done before. Its effects will be enormous I think, but maybe I'm wrong. What would be the best way to discuss this idea with just the most important and influential people of this project?

PM Evan directly and ask his email address, and discuss it with him imo. Do NOT discuss anything important in this forum's PMs.
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:41:21 PM

... CPU ... There's always a chance I'll solve a block.
Sure. Totally... :-p

This isn't about solving blocks.  Its about distributing the network hash rate.

EXACTLY !!!!

The blocks are just the bonus :-D

May be I am wrong about this, but I think it doesn't really matter. The "51% attack" is about having >50% of the network hash rate. A few (let alone virtual) CPU cores here and there don't really matter. They start to solve the block but effectively never finish it and thus they never actually have any effect on the blockchain. They do not mine any blocks, they are only trying to find the solution (and their work gets flushed when somebody else finds it before them).
Wild luck doesn't count here (unless you are hoping for the block reward as a lottery), because you would need a series of wild lucks in an externally defined time frame (solve several blocks in a row until the >50% entity looses it's adventage).

Forget about mining. Forget about brute forcing x11. X11 is here only to assure decentralisation - something we do not have to worry about with Masternode infrastructure. All that is needed is decentralised processing of transaction, which requires 0.0000x% computation power and any masternode CPU can do that.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:47:20 PM

For anyone who downloaded Raptor_73's Desktop wallpaper, his donation address is: XepxgFMwK441i9tPUdNKiq3KYEd1BcCDo9 Support! #darkcoin

#getintothedark
#buildthedarkness
#DarkcoinChameleon

Donation address tweeted. Once again, nice work Raptor_73!

@TaoOfSatoshi

Tipped Wink

I have an idea that can make us reach world news all of the world, like prime time news. I don't want to just share it since other coins might steal the idea, it's quite a simple idea, but it has never been done before. Its effects will be enormous I think, but maybe I'm wrong. What would be the best way to discuss this idea with just the most important and influential people of this project?

can't sleep now too, let me know Wink

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:50:58 PM

Precisely. LTC was, and is, a scam.

But, much like dogecoin, it proves to us that the fundamentals of how a crypto might work, as outlined by satoshi, are, in fact, not anywhere near as delicate as he thought.

Doge: Zero diff coin of infinite inflation has more market cap than we do, none of the users have any damn clue how it works or how fundamentally horrible it is, and it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Lite: Calling yourself silver is all it takes to snatch up hundreds of millions in stupid peoples' money. Algo that is the 100% opposite of what it claims to be, nobody is smart enough to notice, brings nothing to the table.

Great summary Camo

It seems like we need a catchphrase to attract the masses. "E Pluribus Obscurum" sounds nice and the translations too, but can Latin appeal to the general public as well as the pure genius of "Such wow" or "The silver to Bitcoin's gold"?

What about, "Naughty, but nice!" Wink

edit: full credit to Salman Rushdie.

"Such Dark"
"Darkcoin. Privacy matters."
"Bitcoin - 2009. almost anonymous. almost instant.
Darkcoin - 2013. Anonymous. Instant.
"

Another one:
You do not need Darkcoin. You have nothing to hide.   Wink

Some nice ones.

Darkcoin. Bankerless Swiss banking.
Swiss is not what it used to be.. would avoid referring to it:
http://www.economist.com/news/finance-and-economics/21599832-big-and-small-must-adapt-survive-swissness-not-enough

Darkcoin. Because Swiss banking isn't what it used to be.
Darkcoin. Less ostentatiousness.
Darkcoin. The gentlemen's ledger.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:51:29 PM

Speaking as a layman, this DEFINITELY belongs on an advanced tab.  Huh

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:56:49 PM

next drk 3d coin rendering:

needs about 4 hours to finish. Go to sleep now. 22:51 in gerrmany

Raptor - I must say your stuff is absolutely stunning (assuming you originated the work).

I've been using Photoshop for about 10 years and I'd love to get anywhere near that quality of realism - amazing. Great textures & light effects.

I'm blown away.
TsuyokuNaritai

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:00:21 PM

Just for clarity, the country that is owed a lot of gravy in the EU is Germany.  If things keep going the way they are, the USA will be owing Germany some gravy too. 

But the cupboard is apparently bare: http://nsnbc.me/2013/04/18/federal-reserve-refuses-to-submit-to-an-audit-of-germanys-gold-held-in-u-s-vaults-2/

I knew about the fact that nobody has been allowed to audit the gold in Fort Knox, but I never read about the US stealing gold from other countries (which I don't doubt, give enough power to anybody, and they will abuse it) and the fact that they won't give the Germans their gold, nor even see it is just shocking to me!  I'm still very green and can't seem to shrug a level of trust for my government.  When this happens, I'm quite dismayed at myself.  I should know better but those values instilled as a child........... hard to shirk!

There's probably some truth to the story, but if you check the homepage that's looks like a blatant Russian propaganda site.

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:01:31 PM

Speaking as a layman, this DEFINITELY belongs on an advanced tab.  Huh

There's nothing advanced about it.

Choose the number of cores and enable.

It should be out front so people use it.
my 2 duffs

If you want the average person not to be intimidated by this, leading to $$$$, you need to keep the overview page as simple as possible. All the toys can be on an advanced page. The goal is adoption, not intimidation, and like I said, as a layman I have no idea what this is. And I know more about Darkcoin than Joe Blow.

IMHO  Tongue

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

next drk 3d coin rendering:

needs about 4 hours to finish. Go to sleep now. 22:51 in gerrmany

Raptor - I must say your stuff is absolutely stunning (assuming you originated the work).

I've been using Photoshop for about 10 years and I'd love to get anywhere near that quality of realism - amazing. Great textures & light effects.

I'm blown away.

Plus one. Please donate Darkcoiners, see my tweet post above.

camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:06:17 PM

But, much like dogecoin, it proves to us that the fundamentals of how a crypto might work, as outlined by satoshi, are, in fact, not anywhere near as delicate as he thought.

Doge: Zero diff coin of infinite inflation has more market cap than we do, none of the users have any damn clue how it works or how fundamentally horrible it is, and it brings absolutely nothing to the table.

Lite: Calling yourself silver is all it takes to snatch up hundreds of millions in stupid peoples' money. Algo that is the 100% opposite of what it claims to be, nobody is smart enough to notice, brings nothing to the table.
Great summary Camo
It seems like we need a catchphrase to attract the masses. "E Pluribus Obscurum" sounds nice and the translations too, but can Latin appeal to the general public as well as the pure genius of "Such wow" or "The silver to Bitcoin's gold"?
Have you learned nothing?

Stupid lies click with stupid people who want to be lied to. If DRK wishes to not be like that, it can't use stupid lies.

I'm not arrogant enough to put myself forward, but I think "E Pluribus Obscurum" is the best fit I've ever read. Thumbing your nose at the enemy by hijacking their own phrase, intentionally holding to the old translation for that express purpose even though we know it's not quite grammatically sound, while describing it perfectly... From the bottom of the pyramid, we stab at our owners!

but, ultimately, why pick just one tagline? E Pluribus Obscurum = Out of Many comes Privacy... Everyone use your own tagline. Do your own thing. Go your own way. They're all good ideas. Kinda like altcoins in general... Lots of good ideas out there, but they're just gimmicks on their own. DRK puts the many good ideas together to give us obscurity instead of being yet another scamcoin saying "we're the next big thing because we're different in this one way that doesn't matter."

What other coin dev realizes that mining pools are a pervasive band-aid of BTC-centric flawcoins? Perpetuating such a glaring flaw in every coin we've ever seen to the degree that we forget it's a horrible flaw? How is that good? So they jump to Proof of Hoard, neverspend Staking? Stupid, so very stupid..... DRK, Proof of Service.... Come on people, get with it... I know I can't be the only person on Earth with a brain... Or can I?

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
patrolman

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:10:29 PM

Great summary Camo

Stupid lies click with stupid people who want to be lied to. If DRK wishes to not be like that, it can't use stupid lies.

I'm not arrogant enough to put myself forward, but I think "E Pluribus Obscurum" is the best fit I've ever read. Thumbing your nose at the enemy by hijacking their own phrase, intentionally holding to the old translation for that express purpose even though we know it's not quite grammatically sound, while describing it perfectly... From the bottom of the pyramid, we stab at our owners!

Haha! Nice one! When you put it that way it's hard to resist.
luigi1111
Legendary

Activity: 1105
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:11:44 PM

EXACTLY !!!!

May be I am wrong about this, but I think it doesn't really matter. The "51% attack" is about having >50% of the network hash rate. A few (let alone virtual) CPU cores here and there don't really matter. They start to solve the block but effectively never finish it and thus they never actually have any effect on the blockchain. They do not mine any blocks, they are only trying to find the solution (and their work gets flushed when somebody else finds it before them).
Wild luck doesn't count here (unless you are hoping for the block reward as a lottery), because you would need a series of wild lucks in an externally defined time frame (solve several blocks in a row until the >50% entity looses it's adventage).

Theoretically, you are wrong, but:

Take the case of a single CPU hashing away: it contributes nothing to the network until it finds a block. However, he WILL find a block if he mined long enough; it's a virtual certainty. He always has a chance = (his hashing power) / (network hashing power). Let's say it's going to take him 6 months to find a block, on average. During those first theoretical 6 months until he finds a block (if block finding was perfectly distributed), he has indeed contributed nothing security-wise.

A few (let alone virtual) CPU cores here and there don't really matter. They start to solve the block but effectively never finish it and thus they never actually have any effect on the blockchain. They do not mine any blocks, they are only trying to find the solution (and their work gets flushed when somebody else finds it before them).

This is not correct. Each computed hash is its own independent event, and its input is (assumed to be) as likely to solve the block as any other. Work does not "get flushed" when someone else finds a block, as that work was determined to be worthless anyway (it didn't solve the block). The case where work would be lost is if you were in the middle of calculating a hash when you received notice of a new block, but that's very trivial.

Now, instead of your single CPU, imagine 150 CPUs just like yours. This group of CPUs would on average solve 1 block per day. 150 X 24 = 3,600 solo-mining CPUs and you've got on average 1 block every hour. It does indeed "make a difference", however you personally with your 1 CPU are unlikely to be a contributor over the short term.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:22:07 PM

Great summary Camo

That is precisely what "E Pluribus Obscurum" says, but in a subtle, have-to-think-about-it kind of way. It doesn't have to get flashy and flagrant. It knows what it means, do you? It's fine with the idea of you not being smart enough to figure it out. It's not useful to the stupid anyway. You have to step up to DRK's level. It can't stoop to yours by design. It's just fucking better. It's not arrogant, that's just the way it is. DRK isn't even done yet and it's already WAY ahead of BTC and all clones based on it. The mining pool bug couldn't make it more obvious... Evan is the only one who has even looked in that direction. The rest just copy paste and don't think at all...

From the bottom of the pyramid, we stab at thee! You hear that "leaders?" We the People stab at thee! You do not own us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG_WD84_kvg

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:26:11 PM

Great summary Camo

+1 Nice one.
Reminds me of Khan in Star Trek II:
"To the last, I grapple with thee. From Hell's heart, I stab at thee!"

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:28:03 PM

Great summary Camo

+1 Nice one.
Reminds me of Khan in Star Trek II:
"To the last, I grapple with thee. From Hell's heart, I stab at thee!"
I noticed that after I typed it...

"From the center of the hell you made for us, we stab at thee!"

Or a line spoken to Worf on DS9: "I cannot defeat this Klingon, all I can do is kill him."

Sometimes it's not a stupid white whale fish. Sometimes, it's worth it to make a cannon of your chest... The True Believer no politician ever wants to face, is the very thing such a politician will create... I am the consequence. When politicians, government and laws go way too far, I am what happens next.

It's all a waste unless "I" becomes "We." E Pluribus...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
patrolman

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:34:44 PM

EXACTLY !!!!

Theoretically, you are wrong, but:

Take the case of a single CPU hashing away: it contributes nothing to the network until it finds a block. However, he WILL find a block if he mined long enough; it's a virtual certainty. He always has a chance = (his hashing power) / (network hashing power). Let's say it's going to take him 6 months to find a block, on average. During those first theoretical 6 months until he finds a block (if block finding was perfectly distributed), he has indeed contributed nothing security-wise.

A few (let alone virtual) CPU cores here and there don't really matter. They start to solve the block but effectively never finish it and thus they never actually have any effect on the blockchain. They do not mine any blocks, they are only trying to find the solution (and their work gets flushed when somebody else finds it before them).

This is not correct. Each computed hash is its own independent event, and its input is (assumed to be) as likely to solve the block as any other. Work does not "get flushed" when someone else finds a block, as that work was determined to be worthless anyway (it didn't solve the block). The case where work would be lost is if you were in the middle of calculating a hash when you received notice of a new block, but that's very trivial.

Now, instead of your single CPU, imagine 150 CPUs just like yours. This group of CPUs would on average solve 1 block per day. 150 X 24 = 3,600 solo-mining CPUs and you've got on average 1 block every hour. It does indeed "make a difference", however you personally with your 1 CPU are unlikely to be a contributor over the short term.

So with that said.....

If we have 5000 Wallets solo-mining on even single CPU Cores - would that - or - would that not make a difference?

It seems like it would make quite a difference. I don't know much about mining (or wallets for that matter), would it be possible to combine the hashrate by pointing it at a p2pool? Would that be more beneficial? Perhaps the default p2pool used could be an official pool and it could receive a small fee which would go towards the devleopment fund.  I suppose it would be opt in, rather than opt out.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:34:54 PM

Great summary Camo

Yep :-D

Works for me!

TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:35:58 PM

You have been Tweeted

Mangled Blue ‏@MangledBlue 4m 4 minutes ago

#DarkCoin: "E Pluribus Obscurum" - IN #DRK WE TRUST
3:28 PM - 2 Oct 2014 · Details

Will retweet....

rdnkjdi
Legendary

Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 10:39:20 PM

Anybody with a reddit account wanna give me some love?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2i3ksa/xcurrencys_revolutionary_privacy_advancement/ckypu3k

I figured you guys might agree with me here & I'm getting downvoted just because it's negative towards XC (even though it's objective & accurate IMO)
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:42:24 PM

would that - or - would that not make a difference?
Wouldn't even be 0.01%

I haven't bothered to involve myself in the discussion of "spreading the hashes" because it's a positive notion, just futile in the manner proposed...

If you could make 3D cards pump hashes while otherwise idle. Two summers ago I managed to get scrypt mining ltc on my video card while scaling the intensity automatically so that it wouldn't interfere with playing Eve Online, through WINE, on Xubuntu... The quality of the drivers has gone to shit since then tho... I can't even get Eve Online to run, or mine x11 with AMD's drivers. Much less do both at the same time with auto-scaling, on an OS neither was ever meant to work with...

Might be workable on Winblows tho, since the sellers actually pay attention to getting that platform correct...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
Pages: « 1 ... 3066 3067 3068 3069 3070 3071 3072 3073 3074 3075 3076 3077 3078 3079 3080 3081 3082 3083 3084 3085 3086 3087 3088 3089 3090 3091 3092 3093 3094 3095 3096 3097 3098 3099 3100 3101 3102 3103 3104 3105 3106 3107 3108 3109 3110 3111 3112 3113 3114 3115 [3116] 3117 3118 3119 3120 3121 3122 3123 3124 3125 3126 3127 3128 3129 3130 3131 3132 3133 3134 3135 3136 3137 3138 3139 3140 3141 3142 3143 3144 3145 3146 3147 3148 3149 3150 3151 3152 3153 3154 3155 3156 3157 3158 3159 3160 3161 3162 3163 3164 3165 3166 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: