Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:30:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:26:58 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 04:49:53 AM by camosoul

Official twitter account still has no post about the onyx release. Sigh...
Agreed, there definitely needs to be a step by step procedure on new updates, everything from mass emails to pools, to twitter/facebook, to updating the original post on here, etc, etc. If Evan can't do it, have someone dedicated to these sorts of tasks.
I see both ends of it... For those of us already treating DRK like it's a finished product, this seems sloppy.

But it's not a finished product. Who makes organized press releases about something they aren't even done making yet? Hell, the idea of InstantX is only a few weeks old...

Not only is it not done being made, the ideas it is meant to incorporate are not even all thought up yet... The ideas haven't even been had yet... Evan mentioned on DCT that dealing with the ubiquitous mining pool flaw that pretty much every coin has is on his mind, but I doubt there's any code yet.

In 2028, Ford will probably have a new car design of some kind. I'm damned upset that they haven't put together an organized press release and media campaign about this thing they haven't even thought about yet...

Or course, I'm being slightly sarcastic, but you get my point... Press isn't a priority right now. We're getting closer to the cusp of it being a higher priority than it has been, and seeing the market cap flounder below LTC and DOGE is really frustrating when we all know how much better DRK is in every conceivable way, even as an unfinished product. I bet even after InstantX goes live, the market cap will probably go down, not up. The market cap has nothing to do with innovation, but the unwashed masses' ability to comprehend it; which is null. Even if we bought a massive advertising campaign, the ads would be viewed by deer-in-headlights, in-one-ear-and-out-the-other cryptotards and fiat slavetrash who still think crypto is devil crime money ponzi just like their guvtash owners tell them...

I think all that is really needed is a little perspective...

Bullshit guvpaper incoming... Buy walls approaching... Mangled Blue can attest to the bullshit I've had to deal with trying to pay suppliers with conventional bankster processes. Ruined gunshootingactinglikeidiotsvideo day. If ever there were an exceptional example of why crypto is desperately needed, I've lived it for the past 2 weeks. But still, even the guy I owe money to and can't pay him, he still clings to his guv/bank believing it is good and righteous while it deprives him of his wages based on whims, incompetence, and slander...

Yes, it's time for the Separation of Guv and Money. But look at how people treat the Guv. They worship it like a god, so it's really just a crazy cult that's in charge of the economy, cemented by the fact that politicians advertise themselves to have god-like powers to defy the laws of nature, and their followers actually believe it... It only makes the need for legit anon crypto even more desperate... People this psychotic cannot be allowed that much power and control.

Guv absolutely, positively, has no place in commerce and economics. Nothing good ever comes from it's involvement.

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:39:18 AM

Hey Camo,

You are spot on. We are so early into this project that it's easy to lose sight of how far we still need to go. Having said that, communication is always the key and is sometimes lacking in this community.

bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 04:41:12 AM

Yeah, I don't think we need a press release outlining Evan's future plans... But Onyx being a mandatory update, you'd kinda expect a mention on Twitter
camosoul

Activity: 560

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 04:44:30 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 04:56:56 AM by camosoul

But Onyx being a mandatory update, you'd kinda expect a mention on Twitter
A valid point.

It would be kinda like having a President, entire Political Party, and complicit Media lapdogs acting like Ebola (and at least a dozen other acts of blatant treason) is no big deal... ...oh, wait...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:27:51 AM

Agreed, there definitely needs to be a step by step procedure on new updates, everything from mass emails to pools, to twitter/facebook, to updating the original post on here, etc, etc. If Evan can't do it, have someone dedicated to these sorts of tasks.

I am the unofficial Darkcoin Twitter account so I may as well be the official one, too! Evan if you're reading this, I volunteer...

there are people dedicated to it
and everything always gets updated !
the only "loose canon" is that official twitter account and yes i mentioned it
to the management already last week , there are working on some kind of
automation for twitter
the word definately get's out .. Twitter is well covered with Tao and me
i do the G+ , FB and email Press Releases to all publications (PR if agreed upon with Dev Team)
the whole idea of 2 day warning just does not work as when evan is ready he is ready !

bottom line we can definately streamline it, and we will in the future, but the word gets out and nobody is left behind !
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 05:58:31 AM

I am the unofficial Darkcoin Twitter account so I may as well be the official one, too! Evan if you're reading this, I volunteer...

automation for twitter
i do the G+ , FB and email Press Releases to all publications (PR if agreed upon with Dev Team)
the whole idea of 2 day warning just does not work as when evan is ready he is ready !

bottom line we can definately streamline it, and we will in the future, but the word gets out and nobody is left behind !

Thanks for all your efforts Tungfa.

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:18:53 AM

Mintpal update, 3,700 BTC withdrawn to Moolah CEO's personal wallet: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mintpals-3700-stolen-bitcoin-likely-in-hands-of-alleged-scammer-alex-green/
yeXIABC

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:54:02 AM

automation for twitter

Thanks for all your efforts Tungfa.
   Thanks
Laxdude7691

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:16:04 AM

I only had 120 DRK on Mintpal and after a week of sending tickets I finally did get my coins out of there just in time. Fucking douchebag will get his someday...sorry for those that lost coins. Worst thing is this kind of shit sets back crypto, people will be gun shy of jumping in because of this fuckwad.
BlockaFett

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:33:14 AM

I only had 120 DRK on Mintpal and after a week of sending tickets I finally did get my coins out of there just in time. Fucking douchebag will get his someday...sorry for those that lost coins. Worst thing is this kind of shit sets back crypto, people will be gun shy of jumping in because of this fuckwad.

Fortunately I personally think he started stealing the DRK (that went missing from the largest wallets list) and then backtracked, and instead has just gone for the BTC.  I suppose it would be harder to shift the stolen DRK seeing as it was his exchange that was by far the largest market place for it.  I think he dumped some (the 10k chunks of DRK dumped on Cryptsy the first 2 weeks of Oct) but that seems to have stopped and a lot of users reported DRK withdrawn ok. 
dotnetmin

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:41:50 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2014, 08:03:55 AM by dotnetmin

Fortunately I personally think he started stealing the DRK (that went missing from the largest wallets list) and then backtracked, and instead has just gone for the BTC.  I suppose it would be harder to shift the stolen DRK seeing as it was his exchange that was by far the largest market place for it.  I think he dumped some (the 10k chunks of DRK dumped on Cryptsy the first 2 weeks of Oct) but that seems to have stopped and a lot of users reported DRK withdrawn ok.  

Can we expect that the DRK downtrend was caused by stolen DRK from cold wallet of mintpal and get  exchanged to BTC. Same time BTC goes gown to 280$ was short after mintpal shutdown for migration to V2

A had around 100 DRK on Mintpal at time they went offline. Within the short timeframe they were online aagin i was able to get them out.
BlockaFett

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:12:17 AM

Fortunately I personally think he started stealing the DRK (that went missing from the largest wallets list) and then backtracked, and instead has just gone for the BTC.  I suppose it would be harder to shift the stolen DRK seeing as it was his exchange that was by far the largest market place for it.  I think he dumped some (the 10k chunks of DRK dumped on Cryptsy the first 2 weeks of Oct) but that seems to have stopped and a lot of users reported DRK withdrawn ok.  

Can we expect that the DRK downtrend was caused by stolen DRK from cold wallet of mintpal and get  exchanged to BTC. Same time BTC goes gown to 280$ was short after mintpal shutdown for migration to V2

A had around 100 DRK on Mintpal at time they went offline. Within the short timeframe they were online aagin i was able to get them out.

Not sure on the full DRK situation, depends how many still report missing DRK now.  The number of DRK missing at this point will then show how many he dumped on Cryptsy I think.

But we know now he took 3,700 BTC from Mintpal to his own wallet and they were all spent so it's looking more likely that he might have had something to do with the BTC crash.  

People trying to track the missing BTC here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2jmuq1/help_track_3700_btc_taken_from_mintpal_by_scammer/

Good for DRK anyway I think could have been a lot worse...for example sciencerocket threatening to dump another 100k DRK...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9206789#msg9206789
dotnetmin

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:39:58 AM

Not sure on the full DRK situation, depends how many still report missing DRK now.  The number of DRK missing at this point will then show how many he dumped on Cryptsy I think.

But we know now he took 3,700 BTC from Mintpal to his own wallet and they were all spent so it's looking more likely that he might have had something to do with the BTC crash.  

People trying to track the missing BTC here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2jmuq1/help_track_3700_btc_taken_from_mintpal_by_scammer/

Good for DRK anyway I think could have been a lot worse...for example sciencerocket threatening to dump another 100k DRK...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg9206789#msg9206789

Fuck, did you get out your 8 BTC or still missing them ?
BlockaFett

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:54:52 AM

No I can't login and no reply to support, plus he's nicked all the BTC now anyway it looks like.  It's not going to break the bank so hasn't changed my life, just wanted to investigate him because I got scammed before and it really p**ses me off.  Once it happens a few times easy to recognize people like him and he was potentially going to hurt DRK in a big way and has hurt crypto as a whole. Thanks for your concern though.  Some people lost a lot more, I know one guy who lost 40 BTC and another 90 BTC and sure there are a lot more like that.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:14:49 AM

No I can't login and no reply to support, plus he's nicked all the BTC now anyway it looks like.  It's not going to break the bank so hasn't changed my life, just wanted to investigate him because I got scammed before and it really p**ses me off.  Once it happens a few times easy to recognize people like him and he was potentially going to hurt DRK in a big way and has hurt crypto as a whole. Thanks for your concern though.  Some people lost a lot more, I know one guy who lost 40 BTC and another 90 BTC and sure there are a lot more like that.

Surely this guy should be arrested

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
dotnetmin

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:19:27 AM

Fuck, did you get out your 8 BTC or still missing ricacy to cover ourself

I mentioned before, crypto community is the ugliest i ever joined. Wild wild west on each corner.
Because DRK is the last transpancy crypto and the really needed privacy for all of us in order of all the spying around us i am only in DRK after one year in this ugly environment.
Hopfully peoply recocognice soon we need privacy to cover ourself against companies and NS*! and their friends only  - and not doing any illigal things.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:58:21 AM

http://blog.moolah.io/2014/10/19/recent-events/
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:32:44 AM

No he is not gonna get arrested. Every year 90% of the start-ups fail and if governments start to arrest all the founders of these companies then it would send the wrong signal to the market and discourage people with innovative ideas to start a business. Opportunity cost of arresting failed CEOs is just too high. That's the reason why we have Limited Liability Companies. These LTDs designed in a way to protect the founder (and his property) if his/her business fails. Worst case scenario, his license will be taken away and that's all.  
BlockaFett

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 10:59:04 AM

No he is not gonna get arrested. Every year 90% of the start-ups fail and if governments start to arrest all the founders of these companies then it would send the wrong signal to the market and discourage people with innovative ideas to start a business. Opportunity cost of arresting failed CEOs is just too high. That's the reason why we have Limited Liability Companies. These LTDs designed in a way to protect the founder (and his property) if his/her business fails. Worst case scenario, his license will be taken away and that's all.  

yes for failed startups that run out of money..but not for ltd companies that commit fraud with the CEO *stealing* customers assets, which he has been caught doing now, with employees pointing out he withdrew 3,700 btc of customer's assets to his own wallet. fraud is criminal matter, and ltd doesn't protect in those cases, he can be personal liable due to recent precedent in the uk.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:11:53 AM

AlexGR ...hmmmm ... LOL ... what an unfortunate nick you have right now LOL  Grin

Anyway, what a load of crock. I hope they nail him.
Pages: « 1 ... 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 3240 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 [3283] 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 3291 3292 3293 3294 3295 3296 3297 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: