Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:37:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3347 3348 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 [3397] 3398 3399 3400 3401 3402 3403 3404 3405 3406 3407 3408 3409 3410 3411 3412 3413 3414 3415 3416 3417 3418 3419 3420 3421 3422 3423 3424 3425 3426 3427 3428 3429 3430 3431 3432 3433 3434 3435 3436 3437 3438 3439 3440 3441 3442 3443 3444 3445 3446 3447 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 09:33:37 PM

promises... lets see what is going to be released.

anon chat, anon video, sharp wallet is not important. instant tx and anon ecash is important.

Exactly and Shadowcash's implementation of Zero Knowledge will end the anon debate. PERIOD

Propulsion ^^^^ theirs everything u need

HAHAHAha wait and see the public testnet is very very close and when i say very I mean sooner then you think

Heres a link to the first ever Zero Knowledge transaction.. https://twitter.com/CryptoBoh/status/529328798148222976
"error" and "Unparsed address" in insight-based block explorer doesn't prove anything

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
tombtc

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:38:14 PM

Exactly. More great devs is a must. We are against printing money.
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:40:52 PM

anon chat, anon video, sharp wallet is not important. instant tx and anon ecash is important.

Exactly and Shadowcash's implementation of Zero Knowledge will end the anon debate. PERIOD

HAHAHAha wait and see the public testnet is very very close and when i say very I mean sooner then you think

Heres a link to the first ever Zero Knowledge transaction.. https://twitter.com/CryptoBoh/status/529328798148222976
"error" and "Unparsed address" in insight-based block explorer doesn't prove anything

I don't think he was intending to prove anything. He was saying the public test will be this week. This has been on testnet. He was just showing you the first ever zk transaction. The proof of that statement will come this week in the public test. SDC open sources everything very quickly so you can then go over the code and check it out for yourself. I encourage you to check SDC's github if you are questioning the developers skills.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:41:05 PM

Keiser Report Bitcoin's nefarious cousin Darkcoin E606

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIEL-0AfUyc

edit : hmm, i'm getting a dj-vu feeling while watching this on YouTube, i think this is an old episode .. not published today ?
edit : yep .. this is an old episode of 27th of may 2014

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:44:11 PM

ShadowDarknet ?

Just kidding.

As far as the document goes.

If you notice it was Dan Metcalf that leaked the Drk-sdc proposed merger talks when he leaked his conversations about the XC-sdc proposed merger.

No one is blackmailing anybody. Shadow pulled out of blocknet because of the facts that have been presented. Shadow chose not to be part of an alleged scam.

+1
ShadowCash will go its own way

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
ProfX

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:47:51 PM

ShadowDarknet ?

Just kidding.

As far as the document goes.

If you notice it was Dan Metcalf that leaked the Drk-sdc proposed merger talks when he leaked his conversations about the XC-sdc proposed merger.

No one is blackmailing anybody. Shadow pulled out of blocknet because of the facts that have been presented. Shadow chose not to be part of an alleged scam.
not surprised to see you here smurf. Now that I think of it, you are just as much of a piece of shit as the rest of the SDC bagholders/troll team. You are probably as deceiving and manipulative as the rest of the SDC circle jerk crew
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:49:24 PM

Could we stay on topic please.  This is the DRK thread.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:49:26 PM

I just find it convenient this doc hits when ZK Snarks is in private testnet. I don't think any merger would benefit SDC until ZK is released and the market reacts accordingly to find its price point because that is the true value of SDC.

To put it in perspective, this would be like Litecoin coming to Dark a week or two before the release of Masternodes and offering to merge with DRK. It might sound good initially but may not benefit Dark long-term at that point. I think if a merger were to happen SDC can get a better concession if the SDC camp just waits a few days.  

But it was the SDC whale who decided to post a months old proposal right now. Ask yourself to whom it is convenient.

Either way this brings alot of new eyeballs to SDC.
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:51:22 PM

Yeah let's keep to dark. We are doing great and pulling further ahead. Let's focus on that.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:51:30 PM

Anyway, all ideas on how to recruit developers are welcomed!

We should just start a thread on Alternate cryptocurrencies that Darkcoin wants more devs. Preferably Evan does it so it has credibility. And we should tweet it as well.

I don't believe funding solely with donations will work, few generous holders will donate, and the rest will sit on their wallets freerolling. Currently 25% of the block reward goes to masternodes, 75% goes to miners. So why not 1% to dev fund / foundation? That would mean 28 DRK / day minimum. Not much, but the price will only go up from here, right? Smiley  Or maybe even 5%?

And the idea that masternodes could vote how the funds are used is awesome. How to implement that though when there is so much else to implement as well is another matter. Smiley

Actually something like a percentage of masternode payments going to a developer fund.  Start at a certain percentage and have it track the emission rate of the coin.  Ten percent is a good place to start decreasing over time.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with shojayxt. 10% of the block reward to dev fund for the next 6 months, decrease to 8% for the next 6, and so on, until it's 1%. At that point the value of that 1% could potentially be very high. 10% of the reward is at the minimum 280 DRK /day btw.
00Smurf

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:53:50 PM

Sorry for the off topicness. Was just trying to clear some misconceptions. I only have about 42 DRK, But i haven't sold them yet.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:54:44 PM

We should just start a thread on Alternate cryptocurrencies that Darkcoin wants more devs. Preferably Evan does it so it has credibility. And we should tweet it as well.

I don't believe funding solely with donations will work, few generous holders will donate, and the rest will sit on their wallets freerolling. Currently 25% of the block reward goes to masternodes, 75% goes to miners. So why not 1% to dev fund / foundation? That would mean 28 DRK / day minimum. Not much, but the price will only go up from here, right? Smiley  Or maybe even 5%?

And the idea that masternodes could vote how the funds are used is awesome. How to implement that though when there is so much else to implement as well is another matter. Smiley

Actually something like a percentage of masternode payments going to a developer fund.  Start at a certain percentage and have it track the emission rate of the coin.  Ten percent is a good place to start decreasing over time.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with shojayxt. 10% of the block reward to dev fund for the next 6 months, decrease to 8% for the next 6, and so on, until it's 1%. At that point the value of that 1% could potentially be very high. 10% of the reward is at the minimum 280 DRK /day btw.

Taking more from the miners? Is this bad idea day or some shit?
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2014, 09:55:51 PM

I don't think he was intending to prove anything. He was saying the public test will be this week. This has been on testnet. He was just showing you the first ever zk transaction. The proof of that statement will come this week in the public test. SDC open sources everything very quickly so you can then go over the code and check it out for yourself. I encourage you to check SDC's github if you are questioning the developers skills.
I don't see any "link to the first ZK transaction", all I see now is just a screenshot of some "broken" block explorer which cannot parse the transaction correctly. But I agree - let's wait and see.
And enough off-topic - it's DRK thread after all Wink

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
Freckleg

Activity: 508

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:56:39 PM

I don't believe funding solely with donations will work, few generous holders will donate, and the rest will sit on their wallets freerolling. Currently 25% of the block reward goes to masternodes, 75% goes to miners. So why not 1% to dev fund / foundation? That would mean 28 DRK / day minimum. Not much, but the price will only go up from here, right? Smiley  Or maybe even 5%?

Actually something like a percentage of masternode payments going to a developer fund.  Start at a certain percentage and have it track the emission rate of the coin.  Ten percent is a good place to start decreasing over time.

I agree DRK should fund its Devs, no problem taking scraping it of the masternodes revenue, it is a sound idea. Also with coding it to decrease over time is a good idea. Far better option than merging and printing coins
Fosca

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 09:58:49 PM

I don't see any "link to the first ZK transaction", all I see now is just a screenshot of some "broken" block explorer which cannot parse the transaction correctly. But I agree - let's wait and see.
And enough off-topic - it's DRK thread after all Wink

Last remark then ;-) For goodness sake it is a POS coin, why are we even discussing it? It failed already when launched.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:01:36 PM

I don't believe funding solely with donations will work, few generous holders will donate, and the rest will sit on their wallets freerolling. Currently 25% of the block reward goes to masternodes, 75% goes to miners. So why not 1% to dev fund / foundation? That would mean 28 DRK / day minimum. Not much, but the price will only go up from here, right? Smiley  Or maybe even 5%?

Actually something like a percentage of masternode payments going to a developer fund.  Start at a certain percentage and have it track the emission rate of the coin.  Ten percent is a good place to start decreasing over time.

I agree DRK should fund its Devs, no problem taking scraping it of the masternodes revenue, it is a sound idea. Also with coding it to decrease over time is a good idea. Far better option than merging and printing coins

question is : would it jeopardize the main goal of getting 3000 MN up an running in a certain timeframe (which is necessary to make Instant TX work properly and securely)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:03:14 PM

You can't sell it to the miners to give up even more when they are already going down the path of reward reduction as the rewards flow to the masternodes, so that leaves coming from the masternodes. If anything, it's a feature implementation that is defaulted to 0% donation to the dev fund for each masternode with the end user deciding what percentage of their revenue to give up in order to help the fund.
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:05:33 PM

I just compiled the SDC QT wallet and am not seeing any of this alleged eyecandy? I see a bog standard bitcoin wallet with a dark theme and a chat tab.

I made an encrypted p2p chat app in python in under a day a few months ago. Don't speak c++ so can't add it to the DRK QT wallet but it would be simple for anyone that could code in c++

I'm struggling to share the optimism here, or see much value in the proposition as it stands.

This is what the wallet looks like for me.

The html5 and lite wallet code is not open source yet because, as you can understand Shadow is trying to build its foundations first and allowing a cloner to copy its code is detrimental to it first gaining the attention it needs so that people can work on building on the code instead of straight up cloning it and not adding to it at all.

The process of building a solid foundation is almost set and now is the job to work on gaining the recognition the dev team deserve so we can see it all open source. but only when its not a doubt in anyones mind "oh shadow team made that feature, nice"

Here is a image of the html5 ui that has a sdk being built right now for app devs to leverage.. Take note those are animated gif! Implementing a pos wallet into a mobile device is no easy step nor is spv lite wallet in pos code. Its why it has not been done to date..Peercoin, i believe they still have a 20k bounty for a working pos mobile wallet. They do not have a pos lite wallet still. So i'm sure you can agree this has already  been mischaracterised by thelonecrouton and has far more substance then the opinion you first have by building its source. Evan believes it does and so do the mature community and team behind it, i encourage you to look a little deeper.

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:12:26 PM

Looks nice however I encourage you to >>>>> back to your own thread.

gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 10:12:46 PM

Sorry for the off topicness. Was just trying to clear some misconceptions. I only have about 42 DRK, But i haven't sold them yet.

Can you explain me this arrangement talk with XC behind the back of DRK's proposal as it sounds?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=745352.msg9424910#msg9424910

I don't know who is playing out who but as more as I read up as more doubious things I see shadowcoin pardon shadowcash involved

But then it's crypto. I shouldn't wonder.

However it sounds you are at least a good dev. So why don't you simple want to work for drk without strange deals? you would like it i guess.

Pages: « 1 ... 3347 3348 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 [3397] 3398 3399 3400 3401 3402 3403 3404 3405 3406 3407 3408 3409 3410 3411 3412 3413 3414 3415 3416 3417 3418 3419 3420 3421 3422 3423 3424 3425 3426 3427 3428 3429 3430 3431 3432 3433 3434 3435 3436 3437 3438 3439 3440 3441 3442 3443 3444 3445 3446 3447 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: