Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 3342 3343 3344 3345 3346 3347 3348 3349 [3350] 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 3397 3398 3399 3400 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:21:54 PM

I don't see any coin other than a Cryptonote coin challenging Darkcoin for the title of anonymous coin.  And there is room for more than one anyway.  Darkcoin has a large and faithful community and it's not going anywhere.  

Sorry, can't discount BitcoinDark in this picture.

http://nxter.org/a-closer-look-at-teleport/

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:24:04 PM

I don't see any coin other than a Cryptonote coin challenging Darkcoin for the title of anonymous coin.  And there is room for more than one anyway.  Darkcoin has a large and faithful community and it's not going anywhere.  

+Zerocash +ANC with Zerocoin implementation (if it turns out not to be vaporware). We're far ahead of others at the moment though, and are likely to win the anonymous crypto war.
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:28:38 PM

It is a free market so I wont say "don't worry about the price" or anything similar. I would advice not to depend on Darkcoin for your immediate living expenses, that is not wise and makes for a weak investment because the moment you have any real life emergency you will have to dump loosing value and affecting the coin. I think is better to invest money that you wont need for around a year or so. I have been working very hard for DRK and not participating much in the forums because I am a firm believer that our success is out there engaging new businesses and spreading the word about Darkcoin with investors and early bitcoiners.

The people that can influence the success of the coin are not reading specific altcoin threads, at least not on a regular basis.  So if you can dedicate some time, volunteer over at DCT and help contacting real businesses, we are slowly adding supporters and have already received amazing business leads from the community. Some of the major exchanges and crypto companies have open conversations with us but are not ready to add Darkcoin right away, it will take time and we need to show consistency and a better general climate is needed, but we are taking advantage of this stage to develop relationships so that when the time is ripe we can add several services in a short time.  In fact there are a few announcements that will be coming out soon, our strategy right now is adding Darkcoin to one crypto service at a time no matter if big or small until we can reach critical mass but it takes time.

I think we are seeing a strong consolidation phase and Darkcoin will emerge as the clear leader in terms of coins with privacy features. Time has proven that this enterprise requires talent, honesty, commitment and endurance that Darkcoin has and no other coin in our space has.  With InstantX we will not only be valulable from a privacy perspective but all around. No matter what the price does the development team never stops working, Evan is committed and motivated by the idea of creating something big, real and useful. This ensures the continuity of the coin, and in this trying times endurance is the most important thing, price swings happen we will eventually catch our wave upward, specially after proving how resilient the coin is and how serious is everybody involved, other coins will die and the best coins will continue. What we are seeing right now is just natural evolution, the ability to adapt to the changing environment and the survival of the fittest.

I agree with everything you said.  The only thing I take exception to is that DRK will be the clear leader.  DRK is the best anonymous solution based off the bitcoin protocol.  However, don't discount Cryptonote technology.  It may still be young and buggy but DRK is still having growing pains and it's much older.  I'm not trying in any way to diminish DRK.  But I acknowledge the fact that Cryptonote technology is very promising.  It has a significant following and is not going away.  I compare it to Microsoft vs Apple.  Some people like the geeky command line.  Although there are GUI's for some Cryptonote coins.  There is a huge Cryptonote following and it has attracted many serious long time bitcoin followers because of the fact that it is a very promising technology.

But back to Darkcoin.

I don't see any coin other than a Cryptonote coin challenging Darkcoin for the title of anonymous coin.  And there is room for more than one anyway.  Darkcoin has a large and faithful community and it's not going anywhere.  I don't see the price going any lower.  I would expect it to settle around .01 and .02 in the next couple of months.  I expect to see a buying frenzy within the next week or so.    

I do have respect for the cryptonote projects, I hope they do well, that is good for the crypto community at large. I do think that adoption for them will come slower and are thus longer term projects, longer than DRK at least, because you dont only have to deal with the maturity of the added functionality to the original bitcoin protocol but with the stability of the CN protocol itself, they have had some real scares in that front. So for large and mature crypto businesses to adopt Cryptonote a long time of stable performance, third party reviews, etc, will be needed.

Having said that, the way we compete with Cryptonote coins is not by going into a pissing contest about anon, but by adding other features that differentiate us from them. Namely:

1. Darkcoin currently has a better financial model. The current Cryptonote coins are highly inflationary the emission rate is too fast, I believe this is inherited from the original coin when it was launched, this is a problem from an investment perspective specially since they are working with a new protocol and thus will need time for the market to slowly adopt, inflation is one of the main threats they have to deal with. Darkcoin, on the other hand, took care of this early on and has a small block reward that is reduced by 7% each year, and distributes that block reward between masternodes and miners creating a better balance and less incentive to dump.

2. They have some additional things to work on like GUI wallets, and I also believe one of their main GPU miners was developed by a gifted person that still takes a percentage of all coins mined, this is something they have to deal with in time too. I am sure they will develop all of this, but again it will take time, time that we will use to make sure Darkcoin finds a place in the market  in terms of adoption that ensures its long term survival.

2. We are working on other features, namely instant transactions, this is compatible with the Darksend architecture but not with the Cryptonote coins, this I believe is key, as it will differentiate Darkcoin from other anon solutions by adding value in a different area that they don't currently support. This actually will make Darkcoin competitive with any coin, anon or not.

3. Ease of integration to existing services we use the exact same Bitcoin API, rpc calls, etc.  This is key to get current Bitcoin businesses to add Darkcoin, as they dont need to make a big effort to support the coin. I think the cryptonote coins will have to rely more on new businesses that are created from inception to support their coins, like they have done with their online game, but that takes longer.

Because of the above, I strongly believe the cryptonote coins and Darkcoin can perfectly coexist as we would be leader on the Bitcoin protocol and they can work on developing the Cryptonote ecosystem. So cryptonote and Darkcoin in my opinion are not direct competitors, specially as Darkcoin is already adding other features that will support it above and beyond privacy.

KryptoFoo

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:30:24 PM

+Zerocash +ANC with Zerocoin implementation (if it turns out not to be vaporware)

ANC shat the bed trying to bring in Zerocoin again... and again... and again...

as for Zerocash:
Zerocash requires a trusted entity to conduct a one-time setup of the parameters of the system. During the setup procedure, secret random bits are drawn and used to compute the public parameters; the random bits are then destroyed, and the parameters are broadcast. If done correctly, then no secrets or backdoors remain.
Jestah

Activity: 426

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:34:39 PM

I welcome any XC'ers here looking for some semblance of salvation. You'd almost think otherwise given how much shit I was given for pointing out the fact their mixer never worked for me and as a result, I was dumping my coins.

It does seem like their thread is reaching critical mass.  Shame.  I used to hold XC a while back but haven't paid any attention to it since. 

I dumped XC a long time ago.

looking through their thread, this almost made me respond.....

Might I remind you all that Dan plans to incorporate XC next year? This is his incentive. Fuck the premine. XC is on a level beyond what the rest of crypto can comprehend.

defunctec
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:42:33 PM

I welcome any XC'ers here looking for some semblance of salvation. You'd almost think otherwise given how much shit I was given for pointing out the fact their mixer never worked for me and as a result, I was dumping my coins.

This doesn't even factor in their PRs slandering DRK.

Expect a flurry of new accounts entering the dark.
sergiokkl

Activity: 258
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 07:44:09 PM

http://www.forexminute.com/cryptocurrency-news/understanding-darkcoin-onyx-48557

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:52:55 PM

It appears they are writing as if instantx is already released which it isn't.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:56:10 PM

It does seem like their thread is reaching critical mass.  Shame.  I used to hold XC a while back but haven't paid any attention to it since. 

I dumped XC a long time ago.

looking through their thread, this almost made me respond.....

Might I remind you all that Dan plans to incorporate XC next year? This is his incentive. Fuck the premine. XC is on a level beyond what the rest of crypto can comprehend.

If he needed to spend the entire premine already what does that say about his funds? It tells me he doesn't have any. Many other coins have managed to not spend the premine and develop their coins, or at the very least manage it better and not spend the entire thing in 6 months and really not have any features working that are worth spending it on. I think the entire thing is a con. He gave a huge portion of it to his PR guy who certainly hasnt done a good enough job to deserve it. It's funny how the ones claiming ethics and transparency end up being the least transparent. Let alone having any ethics at all. I feel bad for anyone who bought blocknet. They just lost all of their credibility. deleting posts and saying dont worry are not going to fix that.
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:56:24 PM

It is a free market so I wont say "don't worry about the price" or anything similar. I would advice not to depend on Darkcoin for your immediate living expenses, that is not wise and makes for a weak investment because the moment you have any real life emergency you will have to dump loosing value and affecting the coin. I think is better to invest money that you wont need for around a year or so. I have been working very hard for DRK and not participating much in the forums because I am a firm believer that our success is out there engaging new businesses and spreading the word about Darkcoin with investors and early bitcoiners.

The people that can influence the success of the coin are not reading specific altcoin threads, at least not on a regular basis.  So if you can dedicate some time, volunteer over at DCT and help contacting real businesses, we are slowly adding supporters and have already received amazing business leads from the community. Some of the major exchanges and crypto companies have open conversations with us but are not ready to add Darkcoin right away, it will take time and we need to show consistency and a better general climate is needed, but we are taking advantage of this stage to develop relationships so that when the time is ripe we can add several services in a short time.  In fact there are a few announcements that will be coming out soon, our strategy right now is adding Darkcoin to one crypto service at a time no matter if big or small until we can reach critical mass but it takes time.

I think we are seeing a strong consolidation phase and Darkcoin will emerge as the clear leader in terms of coins with privacy features. Time has proven that this enterprise requires talent, honesty, commitment and endurance that Darkcoin has and no other coin in our space has.  With InstantX we will not only be valulable from a privacy perspective but all around. No matter what the price does the development team never stops working, Evan is committed and motivated by the idea of creating something big, real and useful. This ensures the continuity of the coin, and in this trying times endurance is the most important thing, price swings happen we will eventually catch our wave upward, specially after proving how resilient the coin is and how serious is everybody involved, other coins will die and the best coins will continue. What we are seeing right now is just natural evolution, the ability to adapt to the changing environment and the survival of the fittest.

I agree with everything you said.  The only thing I take exception to is that DRK will be the clear leader.  DRK is the best anonymous solution based off the bitcoin protocol.  However, don't discount Cryptonote technology.  It may still be young and buggy but DRK is still having growing pains and it's much older.  I'm not trying in any way to diminish DRK.  But I acknowledge the fact that Cryptonote technology is very promising.  It has a significant following and is not going away.  I compare it to Microsoft vs Apple.  Some people like the geeky command line.  Although there are GUI's for some Cryptonote coins.  There is a huge Cryptonote following and it has attracted many serious long time bitcoin followers because of the fact that it is a very promising technology.

But back to Darkcoin.

I don't see any coin other than a Cryptonote coin challenging Darkcoin for the title of anonymous coin.  And there is room for more than one anyway.  Darkcoin has a large and faithful community and it's not going anywhere.  I don't see the price going any lower.  I would expect it to settle around .01 and .02 in the next couple of months.  I expect to see a buying frenzy within the next week or so.    

I do have respect for the cryptonote projects, I hope they do well, that is good for the crypto community at large. I do think that adoption for them will come slower and are thus longer term projects, longer than DRK at least, because you dont only have to deal with the maturity of the added functionality to the original bitcoin protocol but with the stability of the CN protocol itself, they have had some real scares in that front. So for large and mature crypto businesses to adopt Cryptonote a long time of stable performance, third party reviews, etc, will be needed.

Having said that, the way we compete with Cryptonote coins is not by going into a pissing contest about anon, but by adding other features that differentiate us from them. Namely:

1. Darkcoin currently has a better financial model. The current Cryptonote coins are highly inflationary the emission rate is too fast, I believe this is inherited from the original coin when it was launched, this is a problem from an investment perspective specially since they are working with a new protocol and thus will need time for the market to slowly adopt, inflation is one of the main threats they have to deal with. Darkcoin, on the other hand, took care of this early on and has a small block reward that is reduced by 7% each year, and distributes that block reward between masternodes and miners creating a better balance and less incentive to dump.

2. They have some additional things to work on like GUI wallets, and I also believe one of their main GPU miners was developed by a gifted person that still takes a percentage of all coins mined, this is something they have to deal with in time too. I am sure they will develop all of this, but again it will take time, time that we will use to make sure Darkcoin finds a place in the market  in terms of adoption that ensures its long term survival.

2. We are working on other features, namely instant transactions, this is compatible with the Darksend architecture but not with the Cryptonote coins, this I believe is key, as it will differentiate Darkcoin from other anon solutions by adding value in a different area that they don't currently support. This actually will make Darkcoin competitive with any coin, anon or not.

3. Ease of integration to existing services we use the exact same Bitcoin API, rpc calls, etc.  This is key to get current Bitcoin businesses to add Darkcoin, as they dont need to make a big effort to support the coin. I think the cryptonote coins will have to rely more on new businesses that are created from inception to support their coins, like they have done with their online game, but that takes longer.

Because of the above, I strongly believe the cryptonote coins and Darkcoin can perfectly coexist as we would be leader on the Bitcoin protocol and they can work on developing the Cryptonote ecosystem. So cryptonote and Darkcoin in my opinion are not direct competitors, specially as Darkcoin is already adding other features that will support it above and beyond privacy.

I'm only going to address points 1 and 2.

Having said that let me preface this by stating that I am a large BBR holder.

1. BBR has a much different emission rate than the dominate Cryptonote coin XMR.  BBR's emission rate follows bitcoins.

2. BBR has a completely functional GUI.

BBR doesn't use the same POW algorithm "CryptoNight"  it uses "Wild Keccak"

BBR also has the only open source no fee AMD solo and pool miner

There is also an open source Nvidia miner.  But it's just for linux and you have to compile from source.

OK  Got my BBR plug in.

All I can say is that I bought in a while back and am underwater.  Am I panicking?  No.  I'm buying more.  

It's as simple as that.

Buying more DRK 

7vpo

Activity: 503
Merit: 500

Na Zdorovie!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:57:57 PM

We will listen to the mournings of the users who hadn't invested enough money in Darkcoin, very soon.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 07:58:19 PM

I just read that, and I most definitely can discount BitcoinDark.
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

I just read that, and I most definitely can discount BitcoinDark.

Mind giving us the tl;dr version of why? I haven´t a clue on BitcoinDark
GhostPlayer
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:10:10 PM

Wow... markets just went nuts! BTC panic buy?  Shocked
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:36:22 PM

This is just the beginning
Better buy now while it's cheap.

Edit:

I said exactly the opposite less than 24 hours ago.

The dynamics have changed.  The time to get back in is now.
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:46:37 PM

Hey Brother I was just wondering how your promo stuff was going?  Did that tool help?

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:52:56 PM

All the investment in BTC as a platform over the last few years, I think everyone realises it's here to stay now and we've got some fairly major players suppressing the price and trying to accumulate as cheap as possible...

theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 08:59:20 PM

im sure this question gets asked all the time but whats the approximate annual yield on hosting a masternode presently?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
coinism

Activity: 700

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:59:51 PM

DRK looks like it's going for a flight Wink
Ignition75

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:01:25 PM

im sure this question gets asked all the time but whats the approximate annual yield on hosting a masternode presently?

ROI is 26% Annually...

MN fees is currently at 25% of mining gross, going up 5% each month until a satisfactory number of nodes is reached...

Pages: « 1 ... 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 3342 3343 3344 3345 3346 3347 3348 3349 [3350] 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 3397 3398 3399 3400 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: