Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:12:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 3342 3343 3344 3345 3346 3347 [3348] 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 3397 3398 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:33:31 PM

InstantX is the most practical feature any end-user/merchant wants. No longer will you be subject to long block times and confirms. Being able to use the money instantly vs waiting really is exciting in its own right.
I really can't wait for this to happen. The only thing I'm worried about is it's implementation.
It probably would be imperative to have enforcement so everybody would start "on the right track".

Correct, it would be logical to have enforcement in play prior to rolling it out. I said on DCT that we realistically should expect enforcement back on sometime today or tomorrow with how things are shaping up with pool updates.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:39:04 PM

who ever is playing at the moment at crypsys... NICE JOB !  Grin

let them play. playtime ends with instantX...

Been reading that since rc3, rc4, rc5,  code review, open source...
Wake up, it can only go north with market adoption which will take some time but is slowly happening.

specifically, what will be the catalyst for mass market adoption?

It's slowly starting already...

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/darkcoin-perfect-e-cash-cryptocurrency-emerging-dark-web-trump-bitcoin-1472144
http://www.deepdotweb.com/2014/10/21/darkcoin-bow-accepted-minor-dark-net-marketplaces/

Spot on. This is the slow adoption of it moving away from being a speculative instrument and more into a currency.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:39:17 PM

who ever is playing at the moment at crypsys... NICE JOB !  Grin

Been reading that since rc3, rc4, rc5,  code review, open source...
Wake up, it can only go north with market adoption which will take some time but is slowly happening.

specifically, what will be the catalyst for mass market adoption?
I don't count on mass adoption. Don't think companies like paypal would like to deal with dark coin.
I ment dark markets. 2 of them already adopting/testing it. If that works well for them and btc will get more regulated then we will be adopted by all dark markets which would be a natural demand. If of course there is no big/better competitors.

It would certainly be an uphill battle for mass adoption. Between all the regulations and AML laws now coming to light on BTC and the negative connotations of "Dark" in the name, seems highly unlikely traction will happen on that front, unless the coin gets rebranded and there are favorable changes to regs (doubtful). I'd certainly be happy with BTC remaining primary (never thought DRK would overtake it) and those that value privacy can use DRK as a vehicle to get there. Further, the "underground" markets comprise of about 1.8 trillion USD annually. If DRK could achieve 1% of that 1% (hell, even less), that's still an attractive valuation. Certainly leads to a favorable risk:reward here... and that's simply on a privacy, e-cash feature. Start using the masternode network for decentralized, trustless currency exchanges or VPNs and you have even more potential.

People want instant transactions. You would have that with DRK. Further, sitting in piles of BTC won't generate you income like setting up a masternode or participating in a masternode share.
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:43:16 PM

who ever is playing at the moment at crypsys... NICE JOB !  Grin

pathetic
Terzo1 Terzo2 pathetic

People like you are the real problem here, selling thousands of DRK .

Haha I`ve noticed Terzo that you have some schisofremic attempts. One day you troll another day you troll more and another day you`re supporter for a couple of hours to troll again.

I`m one of the biggest supporters of the darkcoin so don`t throw a shit here or there.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
coinzcoinzcoinz

Activity: 530

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:46:21 PM

mister whale, please continue to dump

my orders haven't been filled yet

I don't think this is a whale.

Some mini whales dumped 100,000DRK+ in three hits within the last 30 days.

We are currently seeing smaller amounts of dumping influencing the market.  As pointed out up thread though, volume is low so I suppose this has a comparable effect.

I stand corrected.  Just saw the 33k dump last night.  Resistance indeed.
I dumped 20k yesterday. I always told myself that at $1.70 I would have to sell about half of my coins. I reached my panic point. I quit my job few months ago because of my DRK investments (I went all-in with 95% of my net worth), so I needed to secure my future to have enough money to start a business. Hopefully you understand, price has never been important for me, but it becomes important when your personal future gets in danger. I'm done dumping now and holding on to my remaining 30k as a long term hold. I'm still a firm believer in this project and I'm fairly confident that at the end of the road this project will change the world.
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:48:52 PM

We are currently seeing smaller amounts of dumping influencing the market.  As pointed out up thread though, volume is low so I suppose this has a comparable effect.

I dumped 20k yesterday. I always told myself that at $1.70 I would have to sell about half of my coins. I reached my panic point. I quit my job few months ago because of my DRK investments (I went all-in with 95% of my net worth), so I needed to secure my future to have enough money to start a business. Hopefully you  understand. I'm done dumping now and holding on to my remaining 30k as a long term hold. I'm still a firm believer in this project and I'm fairly confident that at the end of the road this project will change the world.

At least you stuck to your plan. For future reference, might be worthwhile to reach out on DCT if you are selling 5000+ coin blocks (that goes for you and anyone else). Sure there would be plenty willing to buy out of exchange.
Terzo2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:50:56 PM

I dumped 20k yesterday. I always told myself that at $1.70 I would have to sell about half of my coins. I reached my panic point. I quit my job few months ago because of my DRK investments (I went all-in with 95% of my net worth), so I needed to secure my future to have enough money to start a business. Hopefully you understand, price has never been important for me, but it becomes important when your personal future gets in danger. I'm done dumping now and holding on to my remaining 30k as a long term hold. I'm still a firm believer in this project and I'm fairly confident that at the end of the road this project will change the world.

Wish you best of luck !
shojayxt
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:53:24 PM

I would call what you did "smart hands".

You did what was best for you.  You don't need to explain anything to anyone.
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:58:53 PM

Does ANYONE know, whether this vulnerability (DDoSing TOR to get IP of BTC users - https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-tor-anonymity-can-busted-2500-month/) apply to DRK as well? If so, will the InstantX sort this issue (as a side effect)?

Darkcoin doesn't use TOR so that doesn't apply to Darkcoin directly.

However, the principles _could_ theoretically be used against Darkcoin Masternodes as well, but in practice it's almost impossible to do .
You would need IP-spoofing to pretend to be a Masternode and DOS other Masternodes with that to get temporarily banned as Masternode. And you would have to do this for the majority of Masternodes, and you would need physical access to the network of that Masternode to successfully spoof its IP.
With > 1000 Masternodes spread all over the world this is NOT doable, even for NSA and friends.

Additionally, the theoretic weakness of having any IP being visible in public was already foreseen by eduffield and addressed in his development update from 01. October 2014, see https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-update-oct-1-2014.2561/, chapter "Masternode Security", diagram "multi-path routing".

tc;du: the answer is NO  Cool

(Claps hands)
reflexmk

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:00:17 PM

I dumped 20k yesterday. I always told myself that at $1.70 I would have to sell about half of my coins. I reached my panic point. I quit my job few months ago because of my DRK investments (I went all-in with 95% of my net worth), so I needed to secure my future to have enough money to start a business. Hopefully you  understand. I'm done dumping now and holding on to my remaining 30k as a long term hold. I'm still a firm believer in this project and I'm fairly confident that at the end of the road this project will change the world.

At least you stuck to your plan. For future reference, might be worthwhile to reach out on DCT if you are selling 5000+ coin blocks (that goes for you and anyone else). Sure there would be plenty willing to buy out of exchange.

+1 on that, vertoe was buying 47k off exchange a while ago for example.

████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
     ▄▄████████▄▄
   ▄██████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█
██████     █████     █
██████     █████     █             ▄▄▄
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀     █        ███  ███
 ▀████                  ▄▄▄   ███  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄
   ▀██     ▄▄▄▄▄      ▄█████▄ ███  ███ ███  ███ ████████████▄
     ▀     █████      ███▄▄██ ███  ███ ███  ███ ███ ▀███ ▀███
           ▀▀███      ███▄▄▄  ███▄ ███ ███▄████ ███  ███  ███
               ▀       ▀████▀  ▀██ ███ ▀███▀███ ███  ███  ███
                   ▀█
████████
████████
████
████

████
████
████████
████████
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
|
█  ████▀  █
█  ██▀▄█  █
█  ▀▄███  █
█  ████▀  █
██▀▄█
▀▄███
████▀
██▀▄█

▀▄███

█  ████▀  █

█  ██▀▄█  █

█  ▀▄███  █

█  █████  █
splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:06:05 PM

+1 on that, vertoe was buying 47k off exchange a while ago for example.

+ Evan wanted to buy 20k so coinz you could just ask on darkcointalk.org you wanted to sell..... never mind...we are recovering....

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:16:39 PM

I did something similar a few weeks ago.  Stuck to my plan.

I tried to sell off exchange to DCT members but had no takers so I ended selling Cryptsy.

EDIT:  Evan didn't even reply to my message when I had a lot of DRK to sell.
Artoodeetoo

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:32:13 PM

You do what you have to.. Looks like I took 500 off you last night then coinz! Cheesy

Cheers to that!

DASH #DashDC #DashIntoDigitalCash
oblox
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:37:30 PM

We are currently seeing smaller amounts of dumping influencing the market.  As pointed out up thread though, volume is low so I suppose this has a comparable effect.

I stand corrected.  Just saw the 33k dump last night.  Resistance indeed.
I dumped 20k yesterday. I always told myself that at $1.70 I would have to sell about half of my coins. I reached my panic point. I quit my job few months ago because of my DRK investments (I went all-in with 95% of my net worth), so I needed to secure my future to have enough money to start a business. Hopefully you  understand. I'm done dumping now and holding on to my remaining 30k as a long term hold. I'm still a firm believer in this project and I'm fairly confident that at the end of the road this project will change the world.

I did something similar a few weeks ago.  Stuck to my plan.

I tried to sell off exchange to DCT members but had no takers so I ended selling Cryptsy.

I'm not saying it's a for sure thing as things change, but it doesn't hurt to extend the offer there before hitting up an exchange.
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 04:44:08 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2014, 05:10:00 PM by shojayxt

EDIT:  Evan didn't even reply to my message when I had a lot of DRK to sell.

I'm sure he gets a ton of PM's.  He must have missed yours. I doubt it was intentional.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:00:21 PM

I'm sure he gets a ton of PM's.  He must have missed yours. I doubt it was intentional.

I didn't actually mean to sound like a whiny bitch there.  Don't know where that came from!
shojayxt
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:09:35 PM

EDIT:  Evan didn't even reply to my message when I had a lot of DRK to sell.

I'm sure he gets a ton of PM's.  He must have missed yours. I doubt it was intentional.

I didn't actually mean to sound like a whiny bitch there.  Don't know where that came from!

You didn't.
splawik21
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:15:13 PM

Don`t worry Stonehedge, Evan didn`t responded me often recently he does quite often sincee I`ve made much involvment in Pool Police.
He works hard for all of us TBH.

Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 05:16:20 PM

I am working on launching Darkcoin related services with the support of very solid early bitcoiners in the near future.  One of the things that I am most interested in is launching Darkcoin gaming sites. Does anyone on the community has experience with crypto poker rooms? I am looking for some guidance on the software platform itself? I am already well advanced in the regulatory and structural part and will be able to operate legally and wont be servicing the USA.  

I am mostly interested in technical guidance for the platform itself, if anyone has experience or knows someone that could help I am interested to discuss the opportunity, let me know.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 05:27:23 PM

This is a great idea! Great way to #buildthedarkness! Good luck to you! I would help but I have so many other Darkcoin projects on the go I don't even have time to update my nodes right away!

Pages: « 1 ... 3298 3299 3300 3301 3302 3303 3304 3305 3306 3307 3308 3309 3310 3311 3312 3313 3314 3315 3316 3317 3318 3319 3320 3321 3322 3323 3324 3325 3326 3327 3328 3329 3330 3331 3332 3333 3334 3335 3336 3337 3338 3339 3340 3341 3342 3343 3344 3345 3346 3347 [3348] 3349 3350 3351 3352 3353 3354 3355 3356 3357 3358 3359 3360 3361 3362 3363 3364 3365 3366 3367 3368 3369 3370 3371 3372 3373 3374 3375 3376 3377 3378 3379 3380 3381 3382 3383 3384 3385 3386 3387 3388 3389 3390 3391 3392 3393 3394 3395 3396 3397 3398 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: