Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:42:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 [3701] 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 3729 3730 3731 3732 3733 3734 3735 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722719 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 01:55:41 AM

Speaking of Official / Unofficial !!!

Please do NOT post videos/ articles/ ... anything as DRK Official if it has not been approved to be so !!

We are working with DRK Branding here !! This brand has to be protected by all of us to succeed !

I started a thread some days ago to clarify this a bit
please read, as this is very important for DRK and all of us
as we want DRK to succeed ! (correct ?!)

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/drk-branding-corporate-identity-official-affiliated.3283/

Wink
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:00:21 AM

Darkcoin Promo Video

thanks for the positive feedback everyone, I'm glad you guys like the video!

the Ron Paul quotes are sort of a joke, they're clearly fake, I think it's obvious to anyone watching the video. I don't think it's even necessary to explain it, but I will make another version of the video without the doctored Ron Paul part. edit: here. (video still being processed.)

let me know if there's anything else you want me to change or add. I hope this helps spread excitement about Darkcoin!

-onetime

Since you asked, here are my feedback but it is up to you if you wanna follow them or not of course:

1. The RT video in the beginning is awesome idea but I would make it a bit bigger (perhaps let the RT video take about a quarter of the screen) so that people who are watching lower than HD quality can also see the text on that video.
2. Same thing about the Fox news video that starts at 1:05
3. Fox news video kind of end abruptly at 2:16 and then there is a picture of a car with Darkcoin logo and Batman(?). Again, this is my personal opinion but i would get rid of both car and the batman to keep it more professional.
4. You already mentioned about getting rid of Ron Paul part. Great!
5. I think georgem's animations are awesome and should stay as it is
6. I would strongly suggest getting rid of "Darkcoin owners" pictures at 7:03 Smiley It doesn't fit to the ending Wink

That's all from me. Thanks once again for the great initiative.
+1
I second all of eahmadov's suggestions! I also like Tante's suggestion of not mixing genres. Funny or serious can be effective, but they don't mix too well. Keep up the great work, it is very impressive.

Onetime! Awesome! So cool!  Smiley Thanks for just encouraging the broad smile I'm carrying right now!

I'm really impressed. Let me say I love the car, I think its exactly the kind of stuff we want to see, it makes it look like were sponsoring custom cars and just plain looks cool. Thats great, in my opinion we definitely want to promote being a cool brand and a lot of people like sweet looking cars. (they relate to them too…) Georgem's animations are awesome too and are really effective at getting the point across. A++++

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:08:52 AM

With idiots selling 4.5 Masternodes in one shot at these price levels, DAMN I wish I had more money!

Hahaha, thinking the same thing.

Probably someone that wants to go chase after another coin that is rising today…

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 04:28:41 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 04:55:22 AM by TanteStefana2

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help?

I noticed my masternode hadn't received a payment in 6 days, so I tried restarting it, but the local says it can't connect to the remote.  So I tried reindexing the remote, and gave them a new mn privkey number, but still no joy.  Weirder still, after reindexing, it took a couple of hours to catch up, and now it's not moving beyond 190167, while we're on 190170+  I have an amazon ec2 server.  Anyone know why it might be functioning so slowly?  What could my server have done to get such a bad connection? (I have 11 active connections, but my other server has 24)

I'm thinking maybe I need to create a new server if this bugger doesn't get better soon, too tiring to figure out the problem Sad

EDIT:  Hummm, I think I know what's going on.  They're squeezing out the t1 servers by closing off the network access I bet.  My other server was upgraded to a t2 and it's not having problems.  They've been changing things over there and I'm certain this is what they've done.  Cost me 6 days of possible payments, those jerks!  I can't wait to get a new provider!

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 05:08:04 AM

Go with vultr...never ever got a problem or downtime with them..

Digital Ocean have slower server, for exemple after starting the deamon it s take more time to be able to launch the getinfo for example. But zero down time too..
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 06:54:05 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2014, 07:04:29 AM by TanteStefana2

I stupidly bought a 3 year contract with amazon way back when (may?) and that's why I've stuck with them.  Unfortunately, my new server is stuck at 190082 now!  WTH, what's up with this?  Why can't I download the whole blockchain?

Ok, it finally downloaded and I got it working, now I'm trying to decide if I should use the old t1 or new t2....

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:13:56 AM

Digital Ocean have slower server, for exemple after starting the deamon it s take more time to be able to launch the getinfo for example. But zero down time too..

No, people need to stop using Vultr and switch to other providers as the amount of nodes hosted there is getting absurd.
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 07:48:21 AM

Hi,

Im mining using p2pool, using dstorm-p2pool-drk-81fc679177 and wallet v0.10.17.24-beta.

why the terminal output is
Safe mode: Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct! You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade.

should i upgrade the wallet or p2pool Huh

thanks

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:04:18 AM

No, people need to stop using Vultr and switch to other providers as the amount of nodes hosted there is getting absurd.
yes you are right. But their service is great.
Anyway personaly i got 5 there the other MN on another provider and I'll keep diversify them Wink

Surely because of the tuto...
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:23:57 AM

Darkcoin Promo Video

thanks for the positive feedback everyone, I'm glad you guys like the video!

the Ron Paul quotes are sort of a joke, they're clearly fake, I think it's obvious to anyone watching the video. I don't think it's even necessary to explain it, but I will make another version of the video without the doctored Ron Paul part. edit: here. (video still being processed.)

let me know if there's anything else you want me to change or add. I hope this helps spread excitement about Darkcoin!

-onetime

Since you asked, here are my feedback but it is up to you if you wanna follow them or not of course:

1. The RT video in the beginning is awesome idea but I would make it a bit bigger (perhaps let the RT video take about a quarter of the screen) so that people who are watching lower than HD quality can also see the text on that video.
2. Same thing about the Fox news video that starts at 1:05
3. Fox news video kind of end abruptly at 2:16 and then there is a picture of a car with Darkcoin logo and Batman(?). Again, this is my personal opinion but i would get rid of both car and the batman to keep it more professional.
4. You already mentioned about getting rid of Ron Paul part. Great!
5. I think georgem's animations are awesome and should stay as it is
6. I would strongly suggest getting rid of "Darkcoin owners" pictures at 7:03 Smiley It doesn't fit to the ending Wink

That's all from me. Thanks once again for the great initiative.

I will soon render high quality versions of the animations and make them available to the public, so that people can use them for their compilations and promos.
They were not supposed to be GIFS, but real animations, lol. (although GIFS are perfect for sharing and forums.)
I will let you guys know when it's ready.

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2014, 08:28:15 AM

this coin isnt anonymous at all, it is possible to tell who uses the coin so how can it be anon?

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:35:04 AM

this coin isnt anonymous at all, it is possible to tell who uses the coin so how can it be anon?

Can you explain?
flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 08:52:41 AM

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can help?

I noticed my masternode hadn't received a payment in 6 days, so I tried restarting it, but the local says it can't connect to the remote.  So I tried reindexing the remote, and gave them a new mn privkey number, but still no joy.  Weirder still, after reindexing, it took a couple of hours to catch up, and now it's not moving beyond 190167, while we're on 190170+  I have an amazon ec2 server.  Anyone know why it might be functioning so slowly?  What could my server have done to get such a bad connection? (I have 11 active connections, but my other server has 24)

I'm thinking maybe I need to create a new server if this bugger doesn't get better soon, too tiring to figure out the problem Sad

EDIT:  Hummm, I think I know what's going on.  They're squeezing out the t1 servers by closing off the network access I bet.  My other server was upgraded to a t2 and it's not having problems.  They've been changing things over there and I'm certain this is what they've done.  Cost me 6 days of possible payments, those jerks!  I can't wait to get a new provider!

Check out OVH. I have several VPSs there.
The cheapest offer ($ 3) should be sufficient for a Masternode.
http://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-classic.xml

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
flipme

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:03:26 AM

I have suggested it before:

Why not move the Masternode network completely and solely into the IPv6 space.
Every node could have an arbitrary amount of addresses, bound to an arbitrary amount of wallets.

The node addresses could even be changed all the time by some maintenance protocol.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
freynder

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:20:39 AM

Every node could have an arbitrary amount of addresses, bound to an arbitrary amount of wallets.

The node addresses could even be changed all the time by some maintenance protocol.

How would non-IPv6 clients be able to connect to a masternode? I believe most end users like myself currently do not have access to IPv6 through their ISP.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:39:28 AM

How would non-IPv6 clients be able to connect to a masternode? I believe most end users like myself currently do not have access to IPv6 through their ISP.

Could MNs run their own DNS service - no more need for a fixed IP?
flipme

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:42:09 AM

Not true, in the meantime rather the other way around.
Anybody still on XP here?

Could be two-phased:

- IPv4 nodes run 1 node for 1 wallet
- IPv6 enabled nodes are scalable to any amount of addresses and wallets

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
freynder

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 10:45:40 AM

Not sure exactly what problem this would solve. AFAIK there is also no requirement for a fixed IP currently. The protocol allows to send a dsee message to update the address of a masternode for a VIN.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:04:08 AM

Not sure exactly what problem this would solve. AFAIK there is also no requirement for a fixed IP currently. The protocol allows to send a dsee message to update the address of a masternode for a VIN.

Really? So I can change the IP of my server (or have my ISP periodically assign me a new one if I'm running a MN on my domestic connection,) keep everything else the same, and it will still work? Guess I missed that memo.  Cheesy

Do you not still have to update your local/remote .conf files with the new server IP?

freynder

View Profile
December 22, 2014, 11:30:30 AM

Really? So I can change the IP of my server (or have my ISP periodically assign me a new one if I'm running a MN on my domestic connection,) keep everything else the same, and it will still work? Guess I missed that memo.  Cheesy

Do you not still have to update your local/remote .conf files with the new server IP?

No, I'm just saying that the protocol allows it. You would still need to change your conf and restart the client to generate the dsee message again. Although nothing prevents anyone to change the client to detect a change of IP address and send an updated dsee to the network. You might even be able to implement this in a script without touching the client: when IP changes, kill darkcoind and restart it with the new IP address.

Edit: Thinking about this futher, this is probably not practical with a locked wallet, as it would need to be unlocked each time to generate the updated dsee message.
Pages: « 1 ... 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 3657 3658 3659 3660 3661 3662 3663 3664 3665 3666 3667 3668 3669 3670 3671 3672 3673 3674 3675 3676 3677 3678 3679 3680 3681 3682 3683 3684 3685 3686 3687 3688 3689 3690 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 [3701] 3702 3703 3704 3705 3706 3707 3708 3709 3710 3711 3712 3713 3714 3715 3716 3717 3718 3719 3720 3721 3722 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 3729 3730 3731 3732 3733 3734 3735 3736 3737 3738 3739 3740 3741 3742 3743 3744 3745 3746 3747 3748 3749 3750 3751 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: