Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:49:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:14:27 PM

Unfortunately the IPO ended about a month ago. There is currently a public auditing of the Stakeholder List to weed out large multi-accounters. People on the waiting list will be used to bring the overall stakeholder number up to ~3000 people after this process is over.

I saw the list and there is a group which is accounts which has just posted once for the stake and has not been used. Those stakes can be recycled for newer members.
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:23:52 PM

Unfortunately the IPO ended about a month ago. There is currently a public auditing of the Stakeholder List to weed out large multi-accounters. People on the waiting list will be used to bring the overall stakeholder number up to ~3000 people after this process is over.

I saw the list and there is a group which is accounts which has just posted once for the stake and has not been used. Those stakes can be recycled for newer members.

A whole lot of those single-posters could well be sockpuppets, but a lot could also be genuine stakeholders who purely made an account to join NEM. The fact of the matter is there often is no reliable way to tell; it'd be extremely unfair to remove the stakes from those who have done nothing wrong. This is what the public auditing is trying to address. 

I was under the impression the waiting list would have more stringent rules regarding new accounts?

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:31:31 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2014, 10:54:17 PM by TauMuon

IS there a way to help the NEM team?

Yes.
  • Check out the public Trello board for NEM promotional activities we can all get involved with (contact Utopianfuture to join).
  • If you're a developer who can help to expand NEM's ecosystem, contact Utopianfuture (as requested by him in this post).
  • Join the SWARM team.
  • And most importantly: talk about NEM! Chat about it on other BTT threads, mention it on other forums/message boards, change your signature on public forums, head over to the subreddit etc.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:44:47 PM

Yes.
  • Check out the public Trello board for NEM promotional activities we can all get involved with.
  • If you're a developer who can help to expand NEM's ecosystem, contact Utopianfuture (as requested by him in this post).
  • Join the SWARM team.
  • And most importantly: talk about NEM! Chat about it on other BTT threads, mention it on other forums/message boards, change your signature on public forums, head over to the subreddit etc.

I will add your subreddit link to /r/NXT

TauMuon

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 10:53:31 PM

Yes.
  • Check out the public Trello board for NEM promotional activities we can all get involved with (contact Utopianfuture to join).
  • Join the SWARM team.

Just realised you're a mod over at /r/NXT! Thank you very much!

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 10:58:51 PM

Yes.
  • Join the SWARM team.

Just realised you're a mod over at /r/NXT! Thank you very much!

Done! And no problem.

Flattering Flatulants

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:28:45 PM

I'm selling my stake for 1 bitcoin. If you're interested in purchasing my stake, (includes my alt account with password) pm me. Escrow is accepted. I will send first to members here with a good reputation.

Note: The stake was paid with my alt account. The account is listed on the approved stakeholders list. You will also be able to verify the stake payment by checking post history to see the transaction.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 11:39:24 PM

I'm selling my stake for 1 bitcoin. If you're interested in purchasing my stake, (includes my alt account with password) pm me. Escrow is accepted. I will send first to members here with a good reputation.

Note: The stake was paid with my alt account. The account is listed on the approved stakeholders list. You will also be able to verify the stake payment by checking post history to see the transaction.

There is no approved stakeholders list yet.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2014, 11:49:34 PM

any idea when that is due?

Why the hurry?

TwinWinNerD
Legendary

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 12:24:51 AM

Why the hurry?
[/quote

not in a rush.. just curious.. also i can buy stakes once it is finalized! Tongue

Ah now i get what you want Wink

Wamatt1

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:58:57 AM

This coin has a great potential, and as a stakeholder, I am following the developments very closely and will soon start helping out the best I can. Please drop the idea of cancelling stakeholders who have posted only once.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:26:38 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2014, 12:39:04 PM by TaunSew

This coin has a great potential, and as a stakeholder, I am following the developments very closely and will soon start helping out the best I can. Please drop the idea of cancelling stakeholders who have posted only once.

I was one of those people who only posted once.  I know someone who acquired a NEM stake (initially had no clue she had some) and as far as I know she only has the one NEM stake and is more inactive than me.

Inactive being a weird word - both of us lurk and keep well informed about the coin, we just don't login or post much.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
sevenyears26

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:49:57 AM

That is a bad idea in my opinion.  There was no statement made whatsoever that you have to post more than once. It would be a needless shitstorm. People will start posting when it's time for them to claim their stakes. At that time, we could have rules in place to distribute abandoned stakes, but would need to be very careful about it.

Nem Beta: TAQJE7-B37VGQ-HX7JBK-LTBAG7-D7BZUJ-YTO4IP-LLEF
overthetop2011

Activity: 678
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:00:07 AM

I was one of those people who only posted once.  I know someone who acquired a NEM stake (initially had no clue she had some) and as far as I know she only has the one NEM stake and is more inactive than me.

Inactive being a weird word - both of us lurk and keep well informed about the coin, we just don't login or post much (there's really no point of either).

In my group of friends and acquittance of work, I know several people who missed the registration period but intend to purchase NEM at launch (these same people wanted nothing to do with NxT or Mastercoin).  There's definitely a lot of enthusiasm about NEM - one of the few IPOs out there that was fair, well distributed (3000 being better than 30 or 3 people as per most coins) and it wasn't a big ponzi scheme (I'm reminded of how Mastercoin was ecstatic about the huge amounts it raised but failed to realize that made it look shady to subsequent investors).

agree

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:29:40 AM

"The period from 15 to 29 April is the most tense and dangerous time of 2014 year. This time, the impact retrograde Mars and two eclipses of the moon, which will follow on 15 April at 10:42 a.m. Kyiv time and will last 4 hours, and solar - its beginning April 29 at 9:14, it will last three hours.
<...>
The "corridor of eclipses" factor fatality increases: our actions and deeds will have a crucial influence on the subsequent 18 years of life. All events that happen in the "corridor eclipses", cannot be changed. This time manifestations of Destiny when everyone gets what it deserves."

I think this factor (Eclipse) should be taken into account when running the alpha version. Or accentuate all the advantages of the NEM in this period, or leave for 10-15 days running the alpha version.

If it is the most dangerous time of 2014, does that mean we should hold the alpha during that time?  Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 04:23:55 AM

Re: Proposal from a macroeconomist for an optimal crypto-currency
Today at 12:10:22 PM
Quote from: zeronominal

"There seem to be two proposals, neither of which seem like particularly good ideas:

1) Proposal for hybrid POS/PON: Non-linear proof of stake rewards. Rewards are effectively per account up to a threshold. Seems ripe for exploitation by botnets.
2) Proposal for POI: Seems to be the Google Page Rank algorithm (i.e. Principal Components) with transactions replacing links between webpages, and the sum of coin ages replacing the content quality measure (i.e. the prior distribution over nodes). Seems equally vulnerable to exploitation by botnets. (Suppose there are N legitimate nodes, all trading, N botnet nodes, not trading, and 1 master node for the botnet. The botnet nodes have arbitrarily old coins so receive substantial weight, despite their lack of any trading except with the master. All of this weight then flows to the 1 master node for the botnet, who must then get the highest "PageRank" in the network.) In any case, rewarding old coins is the opposite of what you want to do. The existence of old coins implies that the currency isn't actually being used! By rewarding old coins you're effectively taxing transactions, which imposes a large efficiency cost."

Hmm, could our dev take a look at this subject?

As UP said, we are still refining the algorithm. We of course are considering cases like in the post above and already have several solutions for such cases. We may or may not use coin days in the end, but if we do it will be in a way such that it will not significantly promote hoarding.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:45:47 AM

What are we going to do about cloners who would try to "release" clones even before beta tests are over?

I suggest keep the code obfuscated, at least enough time for Nem to establish itself.  Something like 6 months. Perhaps release the full source code in January 2015

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
pkuqsq

Activity: 183

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:56:17 AM

NEM has potential, don't understand why you sold your share so cheap,and you are kidding?

The future has come
nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:07:45 AM

When the hell is this coin gonna be released?
hisun

Activity: 135

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:14:27 AM

when can we get our shares?
Everyone to quiet down. Give the development team more time, so that they have sufficient time to complete the development and testing work, the Roman Empire was not built in one day. Let's get rid of the psychological impetuous, especially in the current market are bad.
nem is bound to be a great reform, and therefore doomed to need more time. 3i companies have developed a long time, there is no product out
Let us look forward to it.
Pages: « 1 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 [232] 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: