Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:09:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
nxtvisa

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:24:34 PM

stakes could be split to get more people to nem comunity
More and more shareholders into the community,This is a good trend。

where is the finall stakeholder list?

In the official information,The lastest update is:
update 3/29: development update https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg5973475#msg5973475
update 4/10: waiting list is closed. NEM fundraising is now officially closed 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 01:26:58 PM

The development process (up to this point), visualized and turned into gifs Smiley
Props go to Gimre, I just converted it to gif.

http://picpaste.com/ncc.gif
http://picpaste.com/nis.gif

That's right. This is for you little crybabies that see no progress  Kiss

Excuse me for being non-technical but what do these pictures/videos represent?

Gimre made them so to be 100% sure he'll have to answer but I'm pretty sure they represent branche of the code repo and who worked on them over time. Can't see that very well because of the size but there are actually Letters floating around that represent the nicks of the devs.

it's actually not branches, but all the changes made by dev team (iirc, 1s == 2days)

take a lok at original vids from nem forums:

NCC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ud_1Bav6_w
NIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6cpiVmy7-0

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
msunxter

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:32:55 PM

Nice to see that NEM is going forward!Though the process is still slow Grin

I don't think process is slow, considering what has to be done. Of course this is somewhat subjective.

I agree. Patience is a virtue. Apparently a virtue some of our members are lacking.  Wink
j23a

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 01:40:01 PM

update 4/10: waiting list is closed. NEM fundraising is now officially closed
Cry
unlucky!f*** d***it

Just curious, were you planning on putting your name on the waiting list but procrastinated too long?

Because I hate when things like that happen. Losing an opportunity because of putting it off for later.

TBTSX4-NKRX55-HF2ECG-SHPBG3-XIDD2Y-QDRI3N-P2O6
Casu

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:26:07 PM

What if we just make an auction and sell these stakes to the highest bidders ,that will decide starting price for nemcoins

+1 for this idea
marcus1986

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:33:31 PM

What if we just make an auction and sell these stakes to the highest bidders ,that will decide starting price for nemcoins

+1 for this idea

+2! Auction is good and interesting idea. What is dev's opinion?
joelcoin

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 02:36:45 PM

I felt weird inside watching those videos. Its reminds me of something micro-organism related.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 02:45:50 PM

I felt weird inside watching those videos. Its reminds me of something micro-organism related.

did you just compared NEM developers to bacteria? Cheesy

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:31:40 PM

When will NEM launch and where can we buy it?

Please read (2) in the F.A.Q.

(1) What is NEM?
  • NEM (New Economy Movement) is a brand-new, upcoming 2nd-generation cryptocurrency.
  • NEM is being written from scratch with 100% original code, sharing nothing with any other digital currency.
  • NEM is not just a currency, but a technological platform. It has the ability to support many activities which involve a trust-less consensus between two parties: a decentralised exchange, messaging, reputation systems etc.
However, NEM is more than this. This movement was built upon foundations of fairness, equality and charity; foundations which every NEM stakeholder and user should respect and try to adhere to.

(2) When NEM Launch?
V.1 of the blockchain will launch roughly the end of May 2014. An alpha version of the client for testing will be released roughly the end of April 2014.

(3) How will the NEM be delivered to stakeholders?
The details are still being finalised, but it will involve sending a private message on the Bitcointalk Forum account you claimed your stake with; so don't forget the password! The final in-depth instructions on how to claim your NEM will be made obvious on all forms of social media (here on the Forum, Reddit , the Bitcointalk Forum thread, Twitter, Facebook etc.) at least 2 weeks before launch.

(4) How many coins will each stakeholder get?
The number of NEM per stakeholder is determined as follows:

No. of NEM per stakeholder = (4,000,000,000-Development stakes)/number of stakeholders

The number isn't final just yet, but will likely be just over a million NEM per stakeholder

(5) How do I become a stakeholder?
Unfortunately, the 'call for participation' ended 17th February 2014. There was also a waiting list (which was used to bring up the total number of stakeholders to ~3000 people after the removal of sockpuppet accounts) which was closed 9th April 2014. 

(6) What features will be included in NEM at launch?
V.1 of the NEM blockchain will include the following features:
  • 'Proof of Importance' (PoI) coin generation that rewards people for actively using NEM as a currency, discouraging hoarding. The people most important in maintaining the network receive the highest coin rewards, not the people with the most NEM.
  • Support for 'coloured coins' and a fully-functioning Asset Exchange (A.E). The A.E is designed with advanced features such as automatic settlement and expiration dates. There is a huge focus on the ease-of-use of the asset exchange to make it the premier platform for fundraising, asset listing, token issuing etc.
  • Secure messaging for contract storage.
You can read in more detail about the various features of NEM in the development plan.

(7) Will the NEM client be an online client or a desktop client?
The NEM Community Client (NCC) will be a one-click-install client which displays through through your web-browser. Wallet data will be stored locally on your computer just like any other wallet. You can read in more detail about the various features of NEM in the development plan.

(8) Does NEM have a website?
Yes, but it is still under construction.

(9) What can I do to help NEM?
There is a public Trello board with lists of activities and discussions which anyone can get involved or help out with. Go check it out!

(10) What charities will NEM be donating to?
Nothing final has been decided yet; this will be a community-orientated decision. 10% of the total supply of NEM has bee allocated to charity and give-aways. I posted a thread on the NEM subreddit a while ago asking for people's opinions on specific charities. If you're passionate about a charitable organisation, post there!

(11) Where can I see updates as they happen?
All development updates are posted by users 'Utopianfuture' or 'Jaguar0625' on the Bitcointalk Forum thread. They are also linked on the first page of that thread, under the 'updates' section.

Time of writing: 10th April 2014.

This ought to answer most questions.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 05:48:43 PM

+1 for this idea

+2! Auction is good and interesting idea. What is dev's opinion?

Awesome idea!

1. We'll have starting price.
2. If someone's sockpuppets are willing to pay more than other for stakes it's ok.
3. Devs will have even more money for development and bounties.

Mrrr

Activity: 617
Merit: 528

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:53:41 PM

My 2 nem:

An auction doesn't seem completely fair to me. Nem has quite a bit of newbies and 'friends of' who can't freely sling around bitcoin. To me it seems a NEM stake is now already worth more than the original buy-in, and you shouldn't be distributing an egalitarian crypto on the basis of who can afford to pay the most.

In the hypothetical case of 300 spare stakes here's how I would proceed:

290 go to the people on the waiting list through a lottery. Put those at 0.1 BTC or something to keep things straight for the people who got in earlier.

Then, refund the people that somehow thought it was a wise idea to send money while on the reserve list.

Then, throw a public auction for the last 10 stakes, and send the proceeds to charity.

EDIT: in the event that everybody on the waiting list gets a stake I agree with the above poster: auction off the remaining stakes for charity.

burp...
Speelcraft

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:02:15 PM

My 2 nem:

An auction doesn't seem completely fair to me. Nem has quite a bit of newbies and 'friends of' who can't freely sling around bitcoin. To me it seems a NEM stake is now already worth more than the original buy-in, and you shouldn't be distributing an egalitarian crypto on the basis of who can afford to pay the most.

In the hypothetical case of 300 spare stakes here's how I would proceed:

290 go to the people on the waiting list through a lottery. Put those at 0.1 BTC or something to keep things straight for the people who got in earlier.

Then, refund the people that somehow thought it was a wise idea to send money while on the reserve list.

Then, throw a public auction for the last 10 stakes, and send the proceeds to charity.

EDIT: in the event that everybody on the waiting list gets a stake I agree with the above poster: auction off the remaining stakes for charity.

Great Idea.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:05:58 PM

Checking to make sure I made the stakeholder list.

In the spirit of the reddit throwaway account, I had to.  Lol.  Cheesy

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:25:47 AM

Would you all be against letting ALL on the waiting list in?

Those who would verify their ID in conventional ways?

And offer stakes to the 20 most senior members who asked?

And auction off 20 stakes?

We might go over 3000 by alittle?

These are positive things that would help NEM.

And yes I am on the waiting list

cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 01:32:08 AM

My thinking is those that would wait just to get in and be willing to PROVE who they were must be pretty serious about NEM.
You would also know for a fact that we were real.

And the other ideas would raise the value if you ask me. So do you really care if you get a few thousand less NEM?

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 02:30:52 AM

My thinking is those that would wait just to get in and be willing to PROVE who they were must be pretty serious about NEM.
You would also know for a fact that we were real.

And the other ideas would raise the value if you ask me. So do you really care if you get a few thousand less NEM?

One idea is to reduce the size of the stakes for the last people on the waiting list, so they still get in, but maybe with slightly less NEM, maybe proportional to their place in line.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 02:37:58 AM

Would you all be against letting ALL on the waiting list in?

Those who would verify their ID in conventional ways?

And offer stakes to the 20 most senior members who asked?

And auction off 20 stakes?

We might go over 3000 by alittle?

These are positive things that would help NEM.

And yes I am on the waiting list

Pretty sure we need to stick to the original total amount, I'm all for getting ridding of socks and getting real people onboard, but reopening it to everyone doesn't seem fair to the initial folks.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
dzarmush
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 03:23:14 AM

Great Idea.
[/quote]

What's the obsession with charity? We are not a charity fund. If someone want to spend his money for charity - then go for it, but don't use money that belong to others for it. We need a strong coin and we should spend all available money for development and marketing. I'd better give all money to dev team so they could quit their day jobs and focus on Nem. After all $40-50K spent on development and marketing may increase coin capitalization 10 times and everybody can spend 10 times more money on charity if they're so obsessed with it.

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 04:25:19 AM

+1 for this idea

This is great idea

+111

IOTA
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 07:26:51 AM

Great Idea.

What's the obsession with charity? We are not a charity fund. If someone want to spend his money for charity - then go for it, but don't use money that belong to others for it. We need a strong coin and we should spend all available money for development and marketing. I'd better give all money to dev team so they could quit their day jobs and focus on Nem. After all $40-50K spent on development and marketing may increase coin capitalization 10 times and everybody can spend 10 times more money on charity if they're so obsessed with it.
[/quote]

Couldnt agree more, first of all development we should try to attract as many developers as possible
Pages: « 1 ... 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: