Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:31:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:11:56 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 01:29:18 PM by ashapasa

I am starting to think all altcoins as a generic product like toilet paper. How do we compete in such a market.

How do we make NEM the purple cow  Wink I don't mean to insult NEM, but we need to think of ways to stand out

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yeaar

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:42:25 PM

Would like to get the latest update from Devs. any news?
Fatih87SK

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 01:45:37 PM

I am starting to think all altcoins as a generic product like toilet paper. How do we compete in such a market.

How do we make NEM the purple cow  Wink I don't mean to insult NEM, but we need to think of ways to stand out

Maybe by trying to reserve stakes for popular people. So we have to look for popular persons who are interested in Cryptocurrencies.

They will get free NEM. So they can test our software and if they like it they can spread the word. And when they do that, we will get much more attention I think.

Just an idea...

gs02xzz

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 02:43:42 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 05:18:57 PM by gs02xzz

Any reason why NXT is crashing at the moment?

It seems they are doing a self destructing thing. They are creating a coin called nodecoin. People can get nodecoins almost free by running a separate program when they are forging and running nodes. Then they artificially set a price for these worthless nodecoins. It is 1 nodecoin= 0.01 NXT. How they came up this price is a mystery. If this nodecoin is created by some stranger instead of their own hired programmer, it would be no value and no one will buy it. But this is created by a Nxt hired programmer and he will use the community funds to buy these nodecoins. I doubt that any nxters are willing to buy nodecoins out of their own pockets. but this program controls millions of NXT in the funds. Therefore, the nodecoins suddenly become valuable. In the future, nodecoins will also play a role in other transactions. These worthless coins become valuable at the cost of NXT. This nodecoin will dilute NXT. They said that the nodecoins are for rewarding people running nodes and servers. Why don't they reward people with NXT which can build NXT's utility and value, instead they create a worthless coin to compete with NXT and it could become a potential Trojan horse in NXT. All this is so weird and the most weird thing is that most of the community members even believe that the nodecoin is a good thing.

In a word, NXT community  lacks of leadership.

This is in places inaccurate and I thought I would respond because I think there are things here for NEM to learn, some of which it already deals with...

Number 1 - are PoS rewards enough to maintain the infrastructure you need to have a healthy network to process transactions?... I think the answer is 'Maybe Not/No' - certainly in the early days when transaction volumes are low... NEM has PoI so lets see if this is fixed.

Number 2 - Is NXT Self-Destructing - 'No' - the decentralised Asset Exchange is almost finished, it looks good and people are coming to terms  with what having other things like Assets on the same chain means for your coin. Learning: because people can trade in the assets directly and pay fees in NXT they do not therefore need a lot of NXT to do this.

Number 3 - Assets can be created like 'node coin' this is NOT part of NXT, it has been developed by a member of the community as a way of layering certain things on top of NXT and the reward for running these things is node coin..... This will only have value if people who use those things buy the node coins or node coins find a use.... Learning: If you add an asset exchange you cannot prevent anyone creating an asset idea and trying it out.

I posted earlier a non-PoW coin is harder to make work, others have posted there is no 'overnight get rich quick' scheme, the phases NXT is going through now, NEM will experience in some form so buckle up!

I agree with the point on leadership - despite the BCNext mystery.. there are a lot of bright people working still on NXT, however would it be better if there was a clear and coherent team from the start like NEM has rather than the mystery - yes I believe so.. There are also a lot of other threads besides the 'hosepipe thread' as its been called where a lot of good stuff goes on and the same is true of NEM.

I am not against the helping of strengthening of the network, especially in the early stage and the people who are running nodes and servers may need to be compensate in the stage. I am all for it. what I am against is using nodecoins to do the compensating. Instead, they should use Nxt to do so.

Nodecoin is not a ordinary coins simply created on AE. Everyone can create a coin on AE. If you create a such coin, will people buy it? Nodecoins are designed to be compensated with Nxtfunds. If Nxt funds are not intervening and not used to buy the nodecoins, it might be OK. If they will only let the market to decide and let the individuals to trade the nodecoins out of their own pockets, it might be just fine. I hope this will be the case. You can find more about the original design of nodecoins from here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.46000 (Pouncer's comments on that page)

RunPastChickens

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:22:34 PM

Are there any graphic designers who would be willing to create informative infographics once the details of NEM have been fleshed out?
sjarkara

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 05:49:38 PM

Trust is what we need. Why else would I, as a business man except Nem as payment for my services and goods. Only if I can trust that i can spend it again somewhere else.

Djentriser

Activity: 223

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 08:43:39 PM

Cheesy yes, lets contact some smart and famous celebrities influential among young people. I am sure there are many people in art communities, that are very open minded and could like the idea of crypto. Surely would help If popular and respected person would tweet their fans about NEM.

TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:01:33 PM

What the heck is wrong with the official nem forum it is filled with tons of crap posts, someone needs to get on this pronto.
http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?board=1.0

Also announcing: Dottpaini, Nemcoin forums first hero member.  With 273 spam posts.

Holy shit, the mods need to delete their posts and ban them pronto!

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
ashapasa

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:24:05 PM

What the heck is wrong with the official nem forum it is filled with tons of crap posts, someone needs to get on this pronto.

Also announcing: Dottpaini, Nemcoin forums first hero member.  With 273 spam posts.

why would they post it there Huh
Spider

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:31:42 PM

Some kid is getting angry because we found his sockpuppets Wink

forum.nem.io
RunPastChickens

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:04:40 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 10:32:16 PM by RunPastChickens

Some kid is getting angry because we found his sockpuppets Wink

It does seem like a deliberate attempt to spam. Why else would someone post spam links on a forum with (comparatively) very few users. 
EFFV

Activity: 278

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 10:37:35 PM

Ok it looks like the forum is cleared.

"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves."  -Lao Tzu
My Trust Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=474589.new#new
RunPastChickens

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:22:29 PM

What's the thread page limit on BCT?
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 02:43:33 AM

I know, how come we aren't all millionaires yet buying trips on Virgin Galactic??  ;-)

The get rich quick model is over now with alt-coins.   Maybe last September or October, but not March.  

People are actually getting educated and studying these coins before putting their BTC in.  This really wasn't happening two months ago.  It was a complete free for all pump and dump and run to the next coin.  That model worked for 20 or 30 alt coins.   Now that everyone and their pet corgi has a coin, people actually need to study up and become and educated investor.  

If you want to make a quick dime, get on the twitter feed of the known pump and dumpers and hold on.  NEM, NXT, Ethereum and a few others, with a solid mission behind it, aren't going away.  The public is still not even buying into Bitcoin.  Imagine what will happen when big business capital starts flooding into Bitcoin.  A high tide raises all ships, this will be no different for all of the alt coins.  Bitcoin will slowly start to climb back to $1k by the end of this year.  Along with it, the alt coins with true purpose and differentiation will rise as well.  

We only have one shot to launch NEM, let's follow Ethereum's lead and build massive expectation for an amazing product/platform, then deliver the game changer.  They won't know what hit them when NEM is mentioned right alongside the high flyers.  

This is exactly what we are doing. We are innovating to create a coin and an economic movement that will be compelling and will continue to grow in the years to come.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:13:52 AM

It seems they are doing a self destructing thing. They are creating a coin called nodecoin. People can get nodecoins almost free by running a separate program when they are forging and running nodes. Then they artificially set a price for these worthless nodecoins. It is 1 nodecoin= 0.01 NXT. How they came up this price is a mystery. If this nodecoin is created by some stranger instead of their own hired programmer, it would be no value and no one will buy it. But this is created by a Nxt hired programmer and he will use the community funds to buy these nodecoins. I doubt that any nxters are willing to buy nodecoins out of their own pockets. but this program controls millions of NXT in the funds. Therefore, the nodecoins suddenly become valuable. In the future, nodecoins will also play a role in other transactions. These worthless coins become valuable at the cost of NXT. This nodecoin will dilute NXT. They said that the nodecoins are for rewarding people running nodes and servers. Why don't they reward people with NXT to build NXT's utility and value, instead they create a worthless coin to compete with NXT and it could become a potential Trojan horse in NXT. All this is so weird and the most weird thing is that most of the community members even believe that the nodecoin is a good thing.

The leader (BCNext) sort of just disappeared.  I still don't understand, it was a good idea when it was a cryptocurrency 2.0 but now it has turned into an exchange where you buy tokens to have permissions to use that exchange.  I don't get it anymore, I lost hope in the project.

I think NXT is trying to do too much and has gotten too complicated. Doing a lot of innovative things is not bad, but they need to simplify everything more.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
LemonAndFries

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:44:36 AM

It seems they are doing a self destructing thing. They are creating a coin called nodecoin. People can get nodecoins almost free by running a separate program when they are forging and running nodes. Then they artificially set a price for these worthless nodecoins. It is 1 nodecoin= 0.01 NXT. How they came up this price is a mystery. If this nodecoin is created by some stranger instead of their own hired programmer, it would be no value and no one will buy it. But this is created by a Nxt hired programmer and he will use the community funds to buy these nodecoins. I doubt that any nxters are willing to buy nodecoins out of their own pockets. but this program controls millions of NXT in the funds. Therefore, the nodecoins suddenly become valuable. In the future, nodecoins will also play a role in other transactions. These worthless coins become valuable at the cost of NXT. This nodecoin will dilute NXT. They said that the nodecoins are for rewarding people running nodes and servers. Why don't they reward people with NXT to build NXT's utility and value, instead they create a worthless coin to compete with NXT and it could become a potential Trojan horse in NXT. All this is so weird and the most weird thing is that most of the community members even believe that the nodecoin is a good thing.

The leader (BCNext) sort of just disappeared.  I still don't understand, it was a good idea when it was a cryptocurrency 2.0 but now it has turned into an exchange where you buy tokens to have permissions to use that exchange.  I don't get it anymore, I lost hope in the project.

I think NXT is trying to do too much and has gotten too complicated. Doing a lot of innovative things is not bad, but they need to simplify everything more.

Exactly.

Simple is better, it just has to be elegant.

Yet making things simple can be the hardest thing to accomplish, all points of view need to be taken into account.

The first step is launching a good product that is easy to understand and anyone can use.

After it is adopted, then the innovations come in as more capital is built to support the research and work.

It is simple, yet hard to get accomplished if everyone is arguing and not agreeing.
raymarius

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:54:46 AM

How will the NEM wallet look. hope its not similar to bitcoin or any other clones wallet. A different wallet will be  awesome.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:55:29 AM

How will the NEM wallet look. hope its not similar to bitcoin or any other clones wallet. A different wallet will be  awesome.

It will most likely look completely different. How exactly is still being discussed / developed.

ashapasa

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 11:32:15 AM

I know, how come we aren't all millionaires yet buying trips on Virgin Galactic??  ;-)

The get rich quick model is over now with alt-coins.   Maybe last September or October, but not March.  

People are actually getting educated and studying these coins before putting their BTC in.  This really wasn't happening two months ago.  It was a complete free for all pump and dump and run to the next coin.  That model worked for 20 or 30 alt coins.   Now that everyone and their pet corgi has a coin, people actually need to study up and become and educated investor.  

If you want to make a quick dime, get on the twitter feed of the known pump and dumpers and hold on.  NEM, NXT, Ethereum and a few others, with a solid mission behind it, aren't going away.  The public is still not even buying into Bitcoin.  Imagine what will happen when big business capital starts flooding into Bitcoin.  A high tide raises all ships, this will be no different for all of the alt coins.  Bitcoin will slowly start to climb back to $1k by the end of this year.  Along with it, the alt coins with true purpose and differentiation will rise as well.  

We only have one shot to launch NEM, let's follow Ethereum's lead and build massive expectation for an amazing product/platform, then deliver the game changer.  They won't know what hit them when NEM is mentioned right alongside the high flyers.  

This is exactly what we are doing. We are innovating to create a coin and an economic movement that will be compelling and will continue to grow in the years to come.

NEM is my last hope for altcoins. I am having very mixed feeling about alt/country coins, We all know its pump and dump and yet some poor idiots still buys. My friend wanted to buy spain coin when he saw the price was $2.30-.40 in coinmarketcap. I asked him not to invest in this obvious bubble, sure enough look at the price now Sad.

I can simply mine these worthless coins and sell at a profit due to the hype, but now this whole game makes me feel dirty.  How many of us in real life cheat people out of their money, cus this is what we are basically doing from behind a computer screen.

I am deciding to no longer trade hype in hopes of finding the bigger fool. Just going to mine the coins i truly believe in. Call me sanctimonious or a hypocrite but I don't feel  good about what I am doing right now.
TechKing

Activity: 13

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:13:51 PM

It will most likely look completely different. How exactly is still being discussed / developed.

Im looking forward to see some screenshots of the NEM wallet Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [192] 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: