Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
vytasz7

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:52:04 PM

i have a feeling nem is going to be allot bigger then most think.. if nem can make good on everything promised at launch i dont think anyone will have anything to troll about! as for the value... i can easy see it reaching 100million market cap fairly fast if everything is functional and ready to go on launch.. and seriously hope there is a really good multipool on launch too...! Smiley
I have same feeling!hope all come true! Cheesy

is there much being done in terms of pre launch marketing? or any plans? i think there should be a strong marketing plan nearer launch time (only if everything  planned for launch is ready)

get nem well known, focus on everything being ready and how well the ipo was run compared to other coins.

build a brand name early.

any thoughts on getting a global design done like > https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg9066/#msg9066

this is very important for branding and this can be done well before launch.. have all websites and forums conform to the new design aswell and get this done early in order to present a good professional image for nem.. just look at how good the image of ethereum and there site is due to just having a good design early on...

can funds be used from the registration fees to pay for such a thing or does it go against the rules?

also seeing as nem is written from scratch i think some exchanges may have issues supporting it so perhaps write up a help guide sort of thing to help exchanges add nem.. perhaps have a direct line to a dev that worked on nem so the exchanges can have answers to questions fast and not have to publicly ask for help...

patmast3r... that makes good sence no point excluding people for no reason.. are you keeping any stakes for bounties or for that auction idea that came up?

edit: also more pics here of website design and client.. i think it looks good! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

i dont mean to use the same thing just to have a profesionaly done design thats universal so all websites or anything nem related can adopt the same color/design scheme! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

There's already a card on the trello board to come up with a branding concept - logo should be first though Smiley

Of course exchanges are a priority and we are already in talks with exchanges as we'd like to launch with them ready.
Naturally our devs will help overcome any trouble implementing NEM for exchanges.

Personally I'm not sure if the more exchanges the better is a valid hypothesis. I'd like hand picked, well established exchanges to have NEM listed instead of every single exchange that trades every crap coin out there. That's just my opinion though.

Marketing is currently afaik not really being worked on much. We have our awesome swarm team ready (everyone is still welcome to join !!!) to post all over the interwebs but until there is a 100% solid plan with a release date I'd hold off on that.

Thanks for bringing the NXT branding posts to attention !

like the idea that we should hand pick exchanges and try to get on the bigest and best ,i have big expectations for nem and would like to buy more nems after launch

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eddyvce

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 04:54:20 PM

i have a feeling nem is going to be allot bigger then most think.. if nem can make good on everything promised at launch i dont think anyone will have anything to troll about! as for the value... i can easy see it reaching 100million market cap fairly fast if everything is functional and ready to go on launch.. and seriously hope there is a really good multipool on launch too...! Smiley

is there much being done in terms of pre launch marketing? or any plans? i think there should be a strong marketing plan nearer launch time (only if everything  planned for launch is ready)

get nem well known, focus on everything being ready and how well the ipo was run compared to other coins.

any thoughts on getting a global design done like > https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg9066/#msg9066

this is very important for branding and this can be done well before launch.. have all websites and forums conform to the new design aswell and get this done early in order to present a good professional image for nem.. just look at how good the image of ethereum and there site is due to just having a good design early on...

can funds be used from the registration fees to pay for such a thing or does it go against the rules?

also seeing as nem is written from scratch i think some exchanges may have issues supporting it so perhaps write up a help guide sort of thing to help exchanges add nem.. perhaps have a direct line to a dev that worked on nem so the exchanges can have answers to questions fast and not have to publicly ask for help...

patmast3r... that makes good sence no point excluding people for no reason.. are you keeping any stakes for bounties or for that auction idea that came up?

edit: also more pics here of website design and client.. i think it looks good! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

i dont mean to use the same thing just to have a profesionaly done design thats universal so all websites or anything nem related can adopt the same color/design scheme! https://nxtforum.org/nxt-promotion/a-global-corporate-design/msg8999/#msg8999

I think having a unified design aesthetic across all platforms (client, website, forum etc.) is vitally important for NEM. It helps to establish NEM as recognisable brand.

At the moment the client mock-ups, the forum and the website all look completely different, which saddens me slightly...

This is a good point.I hope it has been noted well.
GeorgeW

Activity: 18

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:09:54 PM

I have a different conceptual roadmap. What's more feasible and even more desirable is to push the frontier in the direction of a complete re-imagination of money and banking system. To do that we need a careful examination of all the functions that banking system have advanced since the birth of the modern banking system and to see How a decentralized framework can better them in efficiency and transparency. These are the works I have been doing (conceptualization) and imo that would make NEM distinct from all other competitors and projects. I can't go into more details but here are some areas that I hope NEM would pioneer: re-imagining personal loan, re-imagining FICO, re-imagining social lending etc.  

Interesting unique direction.
scottsecret

Activity: 52

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:30:43 PM

Has there been a date decided for the final stakeholder list ?  How will that work ?  I've been more or less checking once a month not wanting to miss it.
italcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 05:47:03 PM

There's already a card on the trello board to come up with a branding concept - logo should be first though Smiley

Of course exchanges are a priority and we are already in talks with exchanges as we'd like to launch with them ready.
Naturally our devs will help overcome any trouble implementing NEM for exchanges.

Personally I'm not sure if the more exchanges the better is a valid hypothesis. I'd like hand picked, well established exchanges to have NEM listed instead of every single exchange that trades every crap coin out there. That's just my opinion though.

Marketing is currently afaik not really being worked on much. We have our awesome swarm team ready (everyone is still welcome to join !!!) to post all over the interwebs but until there is a 100% solid plan with a release date I'd hold off on that.

Thanks for bringing the NXT branding posts to attention !

swarm team sounds good! I would help you
scg1000

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 07:33:15 PM

I have a different conceptual roadmap. What's more feasible and even more desirable is to push the frontier in the direction of a complete re-imagination of money and banking system. To do that we need a careful examination of all the functions that banking system have advanced since the birth of the modern banking system and to see How a decentralized framework can better them in efficiency and transparency. These are the works I have been doing (conceptualization) and imo that would make NEM distinct from all other competitors and projects. I can't go into more details but here are some areas that I hope NEM would pioneer: re-imagining personal loan, re-imagining FICO, re-imagining social lending etc.  

This is great, I see the direction and endorse... Excitement turnt up!
bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:02:29 PM

Your goal is way too high and I doubt you will pull this off. But please go ahead, the idea is good.

any thoughts on color scheme for NEM? wallet mockups are Green-Orange, I found it fresh, relaxed and kinda modern I dont see this color scheme often, which is good I think.

This is the way to go Grin Grin Grin
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:18:31 PM

Your goal is way too high and I doubt you will pull this off. But please go ahead, the idea is good.

any thoughts on color scheme for NEM? wallet mockups are Green-Orange, I found it fresh, relaxed and kinda modern I dont see this color scheme often, which is good I think.

This is the way to go Grin Grin Grin

not at all less feasible than doing Decentralized Internet or Transparent Forging 1000TPS.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:20:32 PM

Has there been a date decided for the final stakeholder list ?  How will that work ?  I've been more or less checking once a month not wanting to miss it.

Very soon. Probably tomorrow.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
lx001

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:24:33 PM

so are we getting more than a million or less than a million per stake?   Grin
and how much % is the development stake?
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:40:18 PM

I think having a unified design aesthetic across all platforms (client, website, forum etc.) is vitally important for NEM. It helps to establish NEM as recognisable brand.

At the moment the client mock-ups, the forum and the website all look completely different, which saddens me slightly...

I agree with the above, this will promote better brand/coin awareness if everything is similar ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:45:22 PM

so are we getting more than a million or less than a million per stake?   Grin
and how much % is the development stake?

Read question number (4) in the F.A.Q. Thread.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
cryptomite

Activity: 304

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 08:53:13 PM

ya its not good to have everything different! i think we should get together asap and get it done!

i have an idea... if the devs are not allowed use funds already paid as registration(incase all goes tits up and everyone wants refunds) why not keep an alloted slot of stakes that are sold on the basis that the funds from those stakes are used for such things as pre-launch branding(ie. the buyer cannot claim back funds if it doesnt launch). that way no one pays out of there own pocket and it gets done.. now rather then weeks after launch!

i suggest an auction straight after the refund list is finalized but theres a catch with the auction...

say 100 stakes will be up for grabs out of all left over stakes..

15 go up for the first auction.. this auction is for pre-launch branding(like the link i put up from the nxt forum)

minimum starting price of 1 btc...

because this is for pre-launch branding the funds will be spent so the buyers cannot claim back the money if nem does not launch..

so in return only 10/11 of the stakes will be sold but the whole 15 is split between buyers of the stakes. this will give a much higher incentive to bid as you will get a nice chunk extra and the devs will get to spend the money on branding ect which is desperately needs doing.

each nem stake is sold on its own, each in single nem stake batches.. no more then 2 stakes per member and minimum bidder status must be atleast a "member".. to prevent sock puppets. any one who is on the stake holder list can bid but is only allowed one stake and also only if the accounts is atleast a member(as many people do have more then 2 accounts i have no doubt)

if you dont get a stake your welcome to bid on the next stake.

bidding to last 2 days per stake but with atleast a weeks notice before any bidding starts.

thoughts???

Why make everything so complicated ?
We have a) still time for a branding and b) already designers on board. I don't think we need to pay for every single thing. After all we're still a movement. Usually the members of a movement do stuff even if not everything pays.

My proposal is:

1. Find a logo.
2. Choose a color.
3. have a designer put it together into a branding concept.
4. Apply it to all channels.
5. Profit.

Obviously this sounds easier than it is if you want to do it right.

Every single one of these things only needs extra funding if we aren't satiesfied with the output of the people we already have on board (i.e. if we have to hire someone).
We didn't start a crazy auction to have someone design the NCC GUI and it still turned out very nicely.

Just my 2 nakamotos.

Either way lets have the auction. Sure we will need extrs funds to do some marketing that we cant get for free

virtualfaqs

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2014, 08:55:48 PM

This is really the multipool? How much can it buy anyways?

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
GheorgheCuza

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:18:15 PM

I have read that contract mechanisms using bitcoin are susceptible to DoS attacks and cannot be made secure. Does this also apply to NEM? If we create financial contracts using NEM, can it be made to be resistant to DoS attacks?
Spiritas

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:20:06 PM

When do those on the refund list get to defend themselves?
swartzfeger

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 09:29:41 PM

Anyway, Nem core team is going strong and I have a sense that we are working together better than ever.

:: thumbs up ::
jackylee

Activity: 45

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 10:22:45 PM

hope all come true.
wangxuanyu

Activity: 5

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:39:46 PM

I am just back home. The past 2 months it's very difficult to get on internet. I just see what is closing and how can I get my NEM stake. I'm on the stakeholder list.
GheorgheCuza

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 16, 2014, 11:55:48 PM

I like your ambitious plan for NEM. I can see NEM emulating any financial product. A NEM savings function where you can withdraw after a deposit amount has been reached or after x amount of time has passed. A NEM pension function where a account release x percentage every x months to another address. A NEM Inheritance function that can send to a failsafe address after x amount of account inactivity. Annuities, escrow services, assurance contracts, with NEM all these things should be possible.
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: