Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:50:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 396 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦  (Read 920062 times)
igba

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:53:22 AM

Custom Potcoins rolling papers loaded with potcoins!  are we intested in?

http://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/25c0hl/potcoin_rolling_papers_loaded_with_potcoins/

haha, same people that Wiz Khalifa uses nice!  Wink

I suggest selling them with basic instructions how to load the wallet too for noobs. Like an modifying this infographic or something: https://i.imgur.com/2GBKcFx.jpg
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:10:57 AM

we did patch the KGW remember -

we patched right after aurora got attacked, we where one on the first coins to patch and we did it very quick....

WE MAY PUSH THE HALVING FORWARD TO REVIEW THESE ATTACKS TO FIND A WE CAN FIND A FIX>>>> i will talk to the team.  we are working on the wallets now so this is good timing.

Good to hear....I hear the "patch" for the KGW flaw was more of a bandaid as it still left the vulnerability in place but only made it harder to exploit. Just passing along what I recall. I have not followed it closely. Wish you and your team the best of luck!

CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 08:24:54 AM

As an example of another coin that has not implemented the "supposed" fix to KGW yet you can see a similar situation...it is currently stuck at block 440127 and I expect it will be stuck there for a few hours. Hopefully miners wont notice and ditch the coin before the next block is found or it may get stuck. Notice the blocks going back in time right before getting stuck.

This coin normally has about 100 Mh/s and a diff in the 0.7 range:

One thing that should be noted is that there is not really 77.3 Gh/s on this coin. That estimated hashrate and diff are an effect of the exploit. (I think)

CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:29:11 AM
Last edit: May 12, 2014, 09:40:29 AM by CartmanSPC

Son of a bitch.. it's stuck again!

Block 236921
Almost the same time as yesterday.

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 09:53:20 AM

we patched right after aurora got attacked, we where one on the first coins to patch and we did it very quick....

WE MAY PUSH THE HALVING FORWARD TO REVIEW THESE ATTACKS TO FIND A WE CAN FIND A FIX>>>> i will talk to the team.  we are working on the wallets now so this is good timing.

Good to hear....I hear the "patch" for the KGW flaw was more of a bandaid as it still left the vulnerability in place but only made it harder to exploit. Just passing along what I recall. I have not followed it closely. Wish you and your team the best of luck!

Most have switch from kgw to digishield...I wonder how long it will take before a hole in that is found also

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:49:00 PM

Block halving, are you guys that stupid?

PotCoin, you didn't ask a single damn member in this thread since you first mentioned it when the network was under attack a few weeks ago. You claim you polled the community? Who? Your majority hashrate is sitting silently in this thread. Did you ask us privately? When you mentioned it, several of us immediately responded against that idea.

Everytime a coin halves, there's a pump prior and then a dump, and then your coin turns into a corpse. Find me a coin which hasn't died from halving, out of the tens of them you'll find maybe a couple, which simply died a slow death later (KDC). Several died just last week from halving. KDC died a slow death and it had MORE uses than potcoin, so keep that in the back of your mind.

Anyone wanting block halving fails to understand the problem -- it's NOT volume. The problem is you have no USES for the coin. People are thinking "supply/demand" for the coin price, but that has nothing to do with it--it's usage.

I've poked on you guys about this constantly. You STILL DONT HAVE a "use potcoins" link on the website, despite saying you needed to get one up and that it would be really easy. Why is that?

I'm sure many others feel this way, and have the same thought I do: we'll pump it up before the halving and dump the coin 6' under and walk away with some profits, like has happened with almost every other halving. Then your network will suffer from attacks and forks, and you can enjoy that mess. So definitely, please do halve it. I can't wait to make bank off of your idea.

Or. You could not be so silly, and not change the halving, and WORK on getting USES for the coin.

Weren't you the one who just 2 weeks ago said that you believe it'll be worth $1 per coin or more in a year, and that you suggested folks just hold onto it until then? This kindof goes against that doesn't it? It just really sounds like you don't have a business plan, and/or you have no clue what you're doing. You're reactionary when you don't need to be.

I hate to say it, but you seem half baked in your execution.

vesperwillow

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 12:51:25 PM

And, by the way, enjoy the network attack. Seems like you brought it on yourself.

Chronikka

Activity: 658
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 01:43:45 PM

Block halving, are you guys that stupid?

PotCoin, you didn't ask a single damn member in this thread since you first mentioned it when the network was under attack a few weeks ago. You claim you polled the community? Who? Your majority hashrate is sitting silently in this thread. Did you ask us privately? When you mentioned it, several of us immediately responded against that idea.

Everytime a coin halves, there's a pump prior and then a dump, and then your coin turns into a corpse. Find me a coin which hasn't died from halving, out of the tens of them you'll find maybe a couple, which simply died a slow death later (KDC). Several died just last week from halving. KDC died a slow death and it had MORE uses than potcoin, so keep that in the back of your mind.

Anyone wanting block halving fails to understand the problem -- it's NOT volume. The problem is you have no USES for the coin. People are thinking "supply/demand" for the coin price, but that has nothing to do with it--it's usage.

I've poked on you guys about this constantly. You STILL DONT HAVE a "use potcoins" link on the website, despite saying you needed to get one up and that it would be really easy. Why is that?

I'm sure many others feel this way, and have the same thought I do: we'll pump it up before the halving and dump the coin 6' under and walk away with some profits, like has happened with almost every other halving. Then your network will suffer from attacks and forks, and you can enjoy that mess. So definitely, please do halve it. I can't wait to make bank off of your idea.

Or. You could not be so silly, and not change the halving, and WORK on getting USES for the coin.

Weren't you the one who just 2 weeks ago said that you believe it'll be worth $1 per coin or more in a year, and that you suggested folks just hold onto it until then? This kindof goes against that doesn't it? It just really sounds like you don't have a business plan, and/or you have no clue what you're doing. You're reactionary when you don't need to be.

I hate to say it, but you seem half baked in your execution.

We all know usage is a must. Nobody is saying its not important.

But coin supply is growing too fast. You and your miners are thinking far too short term. Where are you going to be next year when mining is all but finished because the coin supply is maxed out? Are you going to take a loss on mining for the good of the network? I doubt it. You'll point your miners someplace else.

Stop staring at daily market prices and think about what the coin needs instead. We have to give miners an incentive to mine not just today and tomorrow, but 5, 10 years from now too. Otherwise what are we building here?

The price gets pumped before every halving because traders speculate on the price. And many miners dump their coins when the speculators push it too high. Its natural market progression. It happened with Bitcoin, and it will happen with Litecoin too. The point is, that after the halving you can't just sit idle and expect people to join. The coin needs to grow and you have to give people a reason to grow it.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination"  -Albert Einstein
vesperwillow

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:30:35 PM

Dude, I'm not even mining the coin. I haven't mined it for quite a long, long time. I have some I've been holding because I believe in it. I've been hoping to see POS systems and more ATMs, and more importantly, merchants! Where are the merchants!

Whether or not it's totally  mined out, does that matter? At some point you'll be mined out entirely anyhow. What keeps it going is usage and the value people place into it. Cryptocurrency always has to be used to be worth anything, otherwise you're burning electricity to see decimal points move around.

I *am* looking long term. The decisions being made here are not good long term decisions. I've examined market price from day one, and the averages just keep slipping down, especially since the near-failed 4/20 day (IMO).

They said merchants were on the ground using it, with more lined up to get started, and that ATMs were popping up. Nope. None of this has occured, and as some other long term potcoin proponents pointed out on some alternate blogs, it appears they're still trying to get this stuff going. Denver, IMO, was a failure, which is one of the reasons there wasn't a lot of positive news from it. We were promised tons of news and great announcements from Denver.

Nothing big like that occured. There's supposedly 1 ATM on the ground, with possibly 1 merchant almost ready to sign a deal for one more system. That's not exactly progress, not like we were promised. This is why faith is being lost. This coin, up until 4/20, remained one of the most stable coins for value on all the markets, even when bitcoin was going down and other coins were dying. The long averages held. Even when multipools nailed us, the value and network held--what other coin can say that?

Now, it's not. Faith is fluttering. It's because the business side isn't coming online like was supposed to have occured. And announcements like this from the team makes things worse.

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 02:42:33 PM

Stop staring at daily market prices and think about what the coin needs instead. We have to give miners an incentive to mine not just today and tomorrow, but 5, 10 years from now too. Otherwise what are we building here?

I'm sorry, I thought we were building a coin to use with the marijuana industry.  Something that would be used to facilitate purchases in dispensaries, grow shops, online smoke shops, etc.  I didn't know we were building a coin that was just supposed to be used for mining and trading.  I guess that's where I was confused.

I'm glad we got that straightened out now.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
xfr

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 04:48:18 PM

Hey, haven't you fixed the KGW time warp yet? POT is now stuck at diff 12816.283503124 !
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 04:52:17 PM

looks like we may switch digi shield, we are going to run some tests on the test net...

thanks for the info

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
deanpreese66

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:22:45 PM

Dude, I'm not even mining the coin. I haven't mined it for quite a long, long time. I have some I've been holding because I believe in it. I've been hoping to see POS systems and more ATMs, and more importantly, merchants! Where are the merchants!

Whether or not it's totally  mined out, does that matter? At some point you'll be mined out entirely anyhow. What keeps it going is usage and the value people place into it. Cryptocurrency always has to be used to be worth anything, otherwise you're burning electricity to see decimal points move around.

I *am* looking long term. The decisions being made here are not good long term decisions. I've examined market price from day one, and the averages just keep slipping down, especially since the near-failed 4/20 day (IMO).

They said merchants were on the ground using it, with more lined up to get started, and that ATMs were popping up. Nope. None of this has occured, and as some other long term potcoin proponents pointed out on some alternate blogs, it appears they're still trying to get this stuff going. Denver, IMO, was a failure, which is one of the reasons there wasn't a lot of positive news from it. We were promised tons of news and great announcements from Denver.

Nothing big like that occured. There's supposedly 1 ATM on the ground, with possibly 1 merchant almost ready to sign a deal for one more system. That's not exactly progress, not like we were promised. This is why faith is being lost. This coin, up until 4/20, remained one of the most stable coins for value on all the markets, even when bitcoin was going down and other coins were dying. The long averages held. Even when multipools nailed us, the value and network held--what other coin can say that?

Now, it's not. Faith is fluttering. It's because the business side isn't coming online like was supposed to have occured. And announcements like this from the team makes things worse.

As a miner of POT from day one, a holder of a chunk of POT and a poster of some issues and solutions, I unfortunately agree.  You have to be careful building hype and then not delivering.  

I still believe that there will be a coin that will be used in the marijuana industry and be used in dispensaries, grow shops, online smoke shops, etc. There are multiple contenders POT, CCN, DOPE (I own some CCN and POT) ....  one will likely win.  

IMO (as of right now) :
DOPE
is targeting the wrong segment of the market and I believe has a limited lifespan because DRK is a better alternative for the underground market

CCN (Cannacoin)
has solid industry connections and leadership and was designed and built by a real player in the Seattle scene.  This is the real deal.  It is still immature and new, but they seem to be taking things slow and allowing it to build without forcing it.  This is high on my watchlist and I continue to accumulate this coin.

POT
over hyped itself by saying ""the coin of the industry" and made lots of references to Denver and outcomes and has not lived up to the expectations that were set.  They have tried to run it like a business which is commendable, however, it has been at the expense of the community. AS a result, there is been very little focus on community building.

ALL coins succeed through adoption -- a major part of adoption for POT is by enabling and championing the community to spread the word about POT, how to obtain it, and why its better than alternatives. Sure you can put ATMs all over Denver, but if you don't know what POT is, its pointless. So, my point is this --- There is little chance that POT will succeed without a very strong, widespread and vocal community of champions shouting the accolades of POT from the hilltops.

There are some very strong and vocal people here (I am excluding my own opinions from this group - there are more qualified and connected people), that have made some very cogent points and provided some very good and clear ideas ... The group in charge of POT needs to listen to the community and enable some of these people to help with damage control and set this coin back on the track it was 6 weeks ago.

I am willing and eager to pitch in and help .... someone just needs to contact me and let's see if the visions match.

vesperwillow

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:46:02 PM

Dean, well said on all points.

And as to those noticing forks:

CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:49:06 PM

I think the potcoin p2pool is on a different block chain now Sad

http://xpool.net:9420/static/lastblocks.html

Is different than:

ny2cafuse
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 05:53:42 PM

+1, Dean.

Well this attack is pretty fun  Roll Eyes

Funny how the announcement for halving was released and someone decided to go thermonuclear on POT.  I'm guessing when Potcoin said the community wants this, he meant everyone minus the guy that could obliterate POT like it's his job and the handful of us that are all pitchforks and torches.

Square away your coin, Potcoin.  You're going to lose your miners to this mess.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
CartmanSPC
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

Potcoin p2pool is going nuts Wink

Finding blocks in different chains...

flipme

Activity: 2170
Merit: 640

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:03:34 PM

And as to those noticing forks:

Not a word on this?
Maybe you could put down the bong for a minute!

Nothing really adds up anymore, sorry to say.
Your skills and communications are not what it takes to build a foundation for a currency.
I just dumped it all. The upside potential here is marginal, atm.
If they are gonna come up with something real, and I doubt it in the meantime, I'd buy back in.
Aloha

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
MKMiner49er

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 10:44:54 PM

http://delphiweb.louisville.edu/theteachingpractice/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Bueller.jpg
PotCoin (OP)

Activity: 335
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:56:21 PM

Due to these random anonymous attacks we have decided to look into a few solutions against them, we will run some test on the test net to see what works best.

Potcoin Halving at block will be postoned - ASIC attacks this morning of 1.5 T/h   We would like to add the next wallet update instead of doing 2 updates so thats why we are taking the time now to do it.  We are sorry for the delay but its the best time to implement a fix like this since we are already halving the block.

This has been happening to other coins all over the place and we want to find out what other coins have experienced also, this is a matter we are taking very seriously.

We know these people dont have the resources to keep doing these attacks but we are going to take the correct measures.

thanks for understanding

smoke

PotCoin -Grow With Us-
Pages: « 1 ... 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 [180] 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 396 »
  Print  

Jump to: