Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:05:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382860 times)
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:21:35 PM

Anything but POS, so many coins have broken due to POS and only a few devs can fix it, until it breaks again.

What alternative do you suggest?

In the current situation mining is costing a lot of money, and not giving anything in return. Even with obligatory transactions fees it would be like that, since there are only a few transactions.

it might be a good idea of putting a list together of all the ways that are used to secure a blockchain then you can decide what's best to use or even make your own way to secure the blockchain

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tiddy

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 04:28:17 PM

Premine is a SHA-256 coin, just like Bitcoin.
oh,sound like funny
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 05:36:45 PM

poloniexis goign to drop the coin. real shame

Benezivas

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 23, 2014, 05:57:33 PM

I don't think that Poloniex will keep the coin if you don't have something in store to persuade him. If you ever thought of concrete plans for the future of the coin: Now would be the time.
saugwurm

Activity: 1061
Merit: 551

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 09:00:32 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 09:47:44 AM by saugwurm

I don't think that Poloniex will keep the coin if you don't have something in store to persuade him. If you ever thought of concrete plans for the future of the coin: Now would be the time.
Okay
we now have 2 options:
We buy the remaining PMCs on Poloniex at these low price.
We send Poloniex our tickets to show our support for PMC.
Then We make a donation wallet, in which each holder spend at least 10 percent of his PMCs. I suggest kbroadfoot as escrow.
Then we offer Poloniex with these coins a big giveway aktion in which each trader can pick up a big ammount of PMCs - 10 PMCs (or even more!) to bring back the traders to PMC.

This coin will only survive if we, the community, give away this coin - it will come back Wink

And why another algo? everything works fine with this one?
Just change the ugly outdatet shiny logo to a simple one and bring back the webiste online. We can also do a donation Wallet for this.
I can do the marketing stuff like twitter and facebook if it's required.

option 2 is that we get delisted, coin is worth nothing, everybody loose, the coin die...

I hope you understand what I mean..(sorry for my bad english...)
TheMightyX

Activity: 350

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 12:21:30 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2014, 12:38:03 PM by TheMightyX

All right I'm getting tired of this thread getting more and more depressing every time I visit (which, coincidentally is getting less and less).
Donations at this point have proven to do nothing.
Please stop suggesting that is all we need to bounce back.
In its current state with no dev support and lacking any defining features this coin is (to put it bluntly) pointless.

I have a solution.

We can switch to PoS, but do it with a relaunch. There is such a limited number of coins a manual trade in won't take very long.

So we create PMC+ (we can decide on a name later) and we premine a 1:1 ratio of PMC to PMC+
(i.e. if there are 500,000 PMC we premine 500,000 PMC+)

Then we can have a burn address in PoW PMC which people send their PMC to, and credit them an equal amount of PoS PMC+

As well the max number of PMC+ will be the premine amount times two or three.
(i.e. 500,000 x 2 = 1,000,000 PMC+)

The point of this would be:

50% of PMC+ is allotted to PMC holders at a trade in of 1:1.
The second 50% of PMC+ is available to be given out to the community as a secondary giveaway.
We could make this even fairer by cross-referencing all the people we gave the original PMC to, and only allow other people to receive stake in the new PMC+
We do this in a big open and transparent excel document that everyone can cross-reference to ensure fairness.

What this will do is allow us to grow the community by 2 or 3 times, create a lot of buzz, attract attention and maybe some new developers. it will also make any PMC being held more valuable.

I can manage all of this if someone will coordinate with me regarding contacting Poloniex/hashcows, organizing a marketing strategy, helping with the manual transfer of PMC to PMC+ etc.

As well we will need a small donation from the community of .5 BTC (or roughly 12500 PMC at the current rate of .0004 on Poloniex) to pay for development costs.

This will not magically fix PMC, but it will get us onto PoS, open up the community again which will create interest in the coin. It will also create a reason to hold onto PMC and will allow us to move forward from where we are (which is with our backs to the edge of a cliff).

Many of you know me, I've been around (all though not present for awhile due to the declining environment of PMC) since the beginning. You can see my first post on the first page  Cheesy

I am not much of a programmer, but I do work closely with programmers on a regular basis and understand the process. I have experience with project management as well so I'm confident in my ability to take on these responsibilities. I've already spoken with a developer regarding this and hes ready to get started.
I have contributed to the Counterparty project with JahPowerBit one of the lead contributing developers along with xnova working on the BoottleXCP Wallet. My duties on that project included Graphic design, CSS and javascript (the wallet is a local server, running browser-based, very clever design by JPB). my job was creating the front end GUI and getting it to play nicely with JahPowerBits underlying code). You can check out some of my contributions to the project here and more importantly here and here.
I also volunteered to take over leadership of kittehcoin and was publicly endorsed by the developer in that capacity, unfortunately that project is up in the air at the moment and it looks like PMC could use the help right now.

If the community wants to move ahead with this please say so and if enough people agree we can set up a donation address and get the ball rolling.
PMC is in the same position many other coins are in at this moment. It will take some drastic change to move forward.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bass Player

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:07:04 PM

All right I'm getting tired of this thread getting more and more depressing every time I visit (which, coincidentally is getting less and less).
Donations at this point have proven to do nothing.
Please stop suggesting that is all we need to bounce back.
In its current state with no dev support and lacking any defining features this coin is (to put it bluntly) pointless.

I have a solution.

We can switch to PoS, but do it with a relaunch. There is such a limited number of coins a manual trade in won't take very long.

So we create PMC+ (we can decide on a name later) and we premine a 1:1 ratio of PMC to PMC+
(i.e. if there are 500,000 PMC we premine 500,000 PMC+)

Then we can have a burn address in PoW PMC which people send their PMC to, and credit them an equal amount of PoS PMC+

As well the max number of PMC+ will be the premine amount times two or three.
(i.e. 500,000 x 2 = 1,000,000 PMC+)

The point of this would be:

50% of PMC+ is allotted to PMC holders at a trade in of 1:1.
The second 50% of PMC+ is available to be given out to the community as a secondary giveaway.
We could make this even fairer by cross-referencing all the people we gave the original PMC to, and only allow other people to receive stake in the new PMC+
We do this in a big open and transparent excel document that everyone can cross-reference to ensure fairness.

What this will do is allow us to grow the community by 2 or 3 times, create a lot of buzz, attract attention and maybe some new developers. it will also make any PMC being held more valuable.

I can manage all of this if someone will coordinate with me regarding contacting Poloniex/hashcows, organizing a marketing strategy, helping with the manual transfer of PMC to PMC+ etc.

As well we will need a small donation from the community of .5 BTC (or roughly 12500 PMC at the current rate of .0004 on Poloniex) to pay for development costs.

This will not magically fix PMC, but it will get us onto PoS, open up the community again which will create interest in the coin. It will also create a reason to hold onto PMC and will allow us to move forward from where we are (which is with our backs to the edge of a cliff).

Many of you know me, I've been around (all though not present for awhile due to the declining environment of PMC) since the beginning. You can see my first post on the first page  Cheesy

I am not much of a programmer, but I do work closely with programmers on a regular basis and understand the process. I have experience with project management as well so I'm confident in my ability to take on these responsibilities. I've already spoken with a developer regarding this and hes ready to get started.
I have contributed to the Counterparty project with JahPowerBit one of the lead contributing developers along with xnova working on the BoottleXCP Wallet. My duties on that project included Graphic design, CSS and javascript (the wallet is a local server, running browser-based, very clever design by JPB). my job was creating the front end GUI and getting it to play nicely with JahPowerBits underlying code). You can check out some of my contributions to the project here and more importantly here and here.
I also volunteered to take over leadership of kittehcoin and was publicly endorsed by the developer in that capacity, unfortunately that project is up in the air at the moment and it looks like PMC could use the help right now.

If the community wants to move ahead with this please say so and if enough people agree we can set up a donation address and get the ball rolling.
PMC is in the same position many other coins are in at this moment. It will take some drastic change to move forward.

I like it....

contact@poloniex.com      Polo contact.
'nearmiss'   ( bitcointalk address ) is Hashcows...

We keep PMC as it is, buy time with Polo to move the multipool to another exchange ( this is the minimum )

OR we get Poloniex to come along for this ride..... Or perhaps Atomic-Trade...

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:12:43 PM

PMC+

1 million coins....

500,000 premined and traded 1 for 1 with PMC

250,000 new giveaway

250,000 more... ( how about POS rewards? )

I like it...

dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 03:28:34 PM

PMC+

1 million coins....

250,000 new giveaway

I like it...

Let's do it!

^ I am with STUPID!
saugwurm

Activity: 1061
Merit: 551

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 03:33:41 PM

PMC+

1 million coins....

250,000 new giveaway

I like it...

Sounds Good.
The giveaway should be done in 3 phases and only over Poloniex.
Who ownes premineco.in ?
elrapido

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:22:47 PM

How?
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:25:46 PM

PMC+

1 million coins....

250,000 new giveaway

I like it...

agree
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 04:26:30 PM

PMC+

1 million coins....

250,000 new giveaway

I like it...

Sounds Good.
Who ownes premineco.in ?

We could get Poloniex to host it for us?........
Ali owns the domain and I run the explorer on it.

^ I am with STUPID!
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:11:41 PM

Yes... lets do this is something very similar.... looks like we have a willing DEV....
The old DEV is also willing to hand the reigns over...

I vote yes...

1) We need to get Poloniex to postpone for however long it takes to get this done.

2) I agree, Poloniex should be involved...

PMC itself will not 'go away' those who don't willing have their PMC destroyed for PMC+ will actually maintain a lessening supply of PMC.

We will have two coins:  PMC+ with POS and PMC with even more rarity....

The 500,000 PMC+ available for swap/destroy will always exist until they are gone or until some future deadline ( perhaps 6 months or a year ) then the remaining POS+ coins that are unswapped will also be 'destroyed'...

The 250,000 coin giveaway will start at some point AFTER the system is set up... and that can be done at Poloniex as well, or via some sort of faucet system....

Then The coin will gain interest via some POS mechanism for 250,000 more

I sign off on this, lets hear it...

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 06:23:33 PM

Letter to TheMightyX:

TheMightyX,

I am down... seems like the community is down...

Is this possible?

75 percent premine of 1,000,000 coins....

500,000 coins set aside for PMC to PMC+ swap/destroy
250,000 coins set aside for giveaway or some some sort of faucet system

250,000 POS minable coins for POS interest for X number of years

I envision two coins:  PMC ( with even more growing rarity ) and PMC+

Maybe some people will swap half their PMC in and then PMC will have 250,000 coins someday...
Or even less... etc etc...  This perserves PMC ( the original experiment ) in some form...

And PMC+ with POS rewards....

We have a window to swap in the PMC for PMC+ of say 6 months or 1 year.... then after this time the remaining PMC+ that has not been swapped for PMC will be destroyed.... separating the two coins from that moment on...

At this point both coins will exist... and we will have accomplished another first in crypto coin history...

If you think a different set of percentages would be better let me know....

I am going to post a copy of this letter to you on the thread...

WE NEED YOU, WE ACCEPT...

kbroadfoot

TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:56:43 PM

How?

The original PMC giveaway was done in this thread before the "no giveaways" rule was enacted.
To receive your stake all you had to do was post in this thead "hey give me some coins!".
All we have to do is go back and check the first 10 pages or so, compile the names in a list and make sure those people don't receive coins in the new giveaway.
This is only fair and will help alleviate any fears the newcomers may have of us lining our pockets  Grin
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 08:57:43 PM

How?

The original PMC giveaway was done in this thread before the "no giveaways" rule was enacted.
To receive your stake all you had to do was post in this thead "hey give me some coins!".
All we have to do is go back and check the first 10 pages or so, compile the names in a list and make sure those people don't receive coins in the new giveaway.
This is only fair and will help alleviate any fears the newcomers may have of us lining our pockets  Grin

now you have said that people will go back and delete there posts

ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2014, 09:00:10 PM

How?

now you have said that people will go back and delete there posts
The giveaway lasted for nearly a 100 pages if i recall correctly. it'd be a job
TheMightyX

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:01:07 PM

PMC+

1 million coins....

250,000 new giveaway

I like it...

Sounds Good.
Who ownes premineco.in ?

We could get Poloniex to host it for us?........
Ali owns the domain and I run the explorer on it.

I'm not a big fan of this idea.
XSS just did this with their XSS to XSI transition and was a very poor decision by their leadership in my opinion.
Disclaimer: I lost XSI because I wasn't available to trade my XSS during the one day trading window.

if it's not open-ended, we risk rendering someones PMC worthless and we do not have the right to do that.
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
May 24, 2014, 09:03:38 PM

How?

This is NOT a problem.... we are NOT staking people with new coins... they can use PMC they have now to SWAP for PMC+
After this is underway a new airdrop will occur with no previous people being singled out or blocked... all on equal footing....

I suspect there are tons of PMC that are simply 'lost'....  the PMC to PMC+ IPO will not be all the coins... not by a long shot AND PMC itself will go on... by those who choose not to swap/destroy them all...

This is doable...

LETS DO IT....

Pages: « 1 ... 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 [381] 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: