Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 09:13:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 86 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin - PoW reward for solar energy | the GREEN KING of Crypto  (Read 138364 times)
jepistons

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 04:44:03 AM

Kool thanks for the info  braxx
chiznitz

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2014, 04:56:37 AM
Last edit: March 17, 2014, 05:34:24 AM by chiznitz

SolarCoin has been added to CryptoALTeX's "Get Listed" program, details of the program below.  (This was added due to a request to add the coin to our exchange)

https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin

Please see program description copied from website below.

Want your favorite coin listed on CryptoALTeX?
Donate .001BTC to your coins address below and you will be giving your coin a "Chance" at being listed. The coin with the most chances after 3 days will automatically be listed on our site. The remaining coins that have a minimum of 50 chances will have their chances entered into a random selection which we will live stream and record. The coin that wins, will be listed. All unselected chances will roll over to the next drawing.

CryptoALTeX reserves the right to list any coin at anytime regardless of the drawing. Any coin listed for trading on CryptoALTeX that is already part of the drawing will have its chances removed from the drawing. In the event CryptoALTeX decides to list the top two coins of the week, the other coins will still have a random drawing.

Want your coin added? Please enter a ticket at https://cryptoaltex.freshdesk.com with some information about your coin and we will generate a deposit address and place your coin into the contest!

Next drawing: Wednesday at 8PM UTC

Thanks all and feedback is always welcome,

Chiznitz

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
Vexatious

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:06:27 AM

Question. Am I correct in understanding that CryptoPoolMining effectively has over 90% of the network hashrate for this coin? Isn't this a BAD thing? I'm familiar with the possibility of a 51% attack with BTC and other crypto's which has prompted me to ask. I really like this coin, but having all that power in one place really seems like a bad idea.

But there is no incentive to switch to a smaller pool where the payoff takes a lot longer. If one of the other pools could have a block finder's bonus or some other bonuses, then maybe it'd be worth switching.

The nice thing about mining this coin is that the majority of the other miners are all holding their coins rather than dumping. If any of the current altcoins take off, this one has the most promise!
 Yes everyone is holding cause this coin will be huge the next btc Smiley also I wonder how many coins are left to mine
105 Million SolarCoins (0.1%) to be publicly mined over the next 40 years.
now @ block (not in a position to look right now but based on previous getmininginfo couple post earlier) approx 100000
so 100.000 x 100 = 10.000.000
105.000.000 - 10.000.000 = 95.000.000 still left to mine (in the next 40 years)

Actually... the mining of coins will be effectively complete over the next 5-7 years. See the FAQ page here, look under "What is the SolarCoin mining rate" and check out the chart. http://solarcoin.org/faq-frequently-asked-questions/

Here is the text under that question:

Every minute a SolarCoin block is mined and visible in the BlockChain. The current reward as of 2014 is 100 SLR. The reward declines 50% each year. This rapid reward decay is designed to maximize initial equitable issuance and network stability while minimizing ongoing carbon footprint relative to other longer decay currencies. A full explanation of the carbon footprint model is available in the SolarCoin Wiki.

BTC Address: 1LKrhNXUDBZANdtqzE3Au9xjFHVCADfc9S
SolarCoin address: 8dDpPHrRBedyWBzxvbXD3paGkDjJkPRN2i
source99

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 11:51:11 PM

Question. Am I correct in understanding that CryptoPoolMining effectively has over 90% of the network hashrate for this coin? Isn't this a BAD thing? I'm familiar with the possibility of a 51% attack with BTC and other crypto's which has prompted me to ask. I really like this coin, but having all that power in one place really seems like a bad idea.

But there is no incentive to switch to a smaller pool where the payoff takes a lot longer. If one of the other pools could have a block finder's bonus or some other bonuses, then maybe it'd be worth switching.

The nice thing about mining this coin is that the majority of the other miners are all holding their coins rather than dumping. If any of the current altcoins take off, this one has the most promise!
  Yes everyone is holding cause this coin will be huge the next btc Smiley also I wonder how many coins are left to mine

I just started another solar mining pool. 

We are up over 80 MHs already.

Come join us

www.RoseMining.com
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 12:46:42 AM

Of course , and just like the other coins that.... upsie .. failed to do that.
You talk like that about a coin you don't have clue about?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
jepistons

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:53:31 AM

I already sent 0.04 btc to CryptoALTeX's if anyone wants to help out send btc there and lets get it listed Smiley
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 09:07:12 AM

This is a great coin.  need to get it listed on cryptsy. send tweets to bigvern and post in the helpdesk until listed on the votelist.  Then it wont be long after that Cheesy.  Really great idea though.
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2014, 03:11:24 PM

I already sent 0.04 btc to CryptoALTeX's if anyone wants to help out send btc there and lets get it listed Smiley

Thanks for the donation!.... one thing, we had a bug that double paid 2 of those deposits into votes, we're going to correct it back to the correct value so please don't be alarmed when you see the number go back down.  You can always check the block chain to see the correct amount of paid votes.  We're correcting it now, there have only been 20 votes outside of the donations on solar.

Correcting it out now, let me know if you have any issues Smiley

scrototeabaggins

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 04:30:41 PM

Very interesting idea, I will definitely mine some and follow progress.
scrototeabaggins

Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 08:08:45 PM

I just started another solar mining pool. 

We are up over 80 MHs already.

Come join us

www.RoseMining.com

Mining here. Everything works great.
markymark

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 10:50:32 PM

Hey everybody, SLR is winning the voting to be added to another exchange. Let's all chip in and see what happens. Send some BTC and vote!

passionsurf

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:27:58 AM

I was thinking about this coin and it's potential today. What makes sense to me is that two things are required for this coin to "really succeed":
1) The majority of Solarcoin holders should be not be miners (most miners seem to just want to make a quick buck).
2) Merchants need to accept it as a form of payment (obviously).

So this makes me wonder: How long will it take before about 50% of the Solarcoins are owned by Solar-power producers (assuming these people keep their coins and don't dump them)? Anybody have any thoughts on this?
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:50:29 AM

I was thinking about this coin and it's potential today. What makes sense to me is that two things are required for this coin to "really succeed":
1) The majority of Solarcoin holders should be not be miners (most miners seem to just want to make a quick buck).
2) Merchants need to accept it as a form of payment (obviously).

So this makes me wonder: How long will it take before about 50% of the Solarcoins are owned by Solar-power producers (assuming these people keep their coins and don't dump them)? Anybody have any thoughts on this?

The majority will not be miners, only 1% of the coins are mined. Ideally the majority of the coins will be held by solar producers, investors, merchants. Although if you consider attaining them through the granting process mining, that's a fair assumption also.

jepistons

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 12:58:03 AM

Thanks everyone who donated seems we are number one to be added  corather is correct on hes statement
passionsurf

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:00:05 AM

The majority will not be miners, only 1% of the coins are mined. Ideally the majority of the coins will be held by solar producers, investors, merchants. Although if you consider attaining them through the granting process mining, that's a fair assumption also.

Yes, but for now, the majority of holders ARE miners. When you think the tide will shift so that the miners are the minority? 6 months from now? 6 years from now? Any thoughts?
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:16:31 AM

Yes, but for now, the majority of holders ARE miners. When you think the tide will shift so that the miners are the minority? 6 months from now? 6 years from now? Any thoughts?

Well the granting process is in the alpha stage and I'd assume it'll hit a stride during beta. Once the beta staging is over it's only a matter of time before the literature is published and the grant awareness takes off. There is a lot of buzz however. People tend to like grant money even if it's not worth much in the beginning, free is free.

When you say? I'd give it 2 years before we see significant grants paid. Although keep in mind also according to the foundations rules, only 5% of the grant coins will be released by the total number of mined coins.

edit: something like that. Someone else want to make that less confusing and more accurate?

passionsurf

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:46:18 AM

Well the granting process is in the alpha stage and I'd assume it'll hit a stride during beta. Once the beta staging is over it's only a matter of time before the literature is published and the grant awareness takes off. There is a lot of buzz however. People tend to like grant money even if it's not worth much in the beginning, free is free.

When you say? I'd give it 2 years before we see significant grants paid. Although keep in mind also according to the foundations rules, only 5% of the grant coins will be released by the total number of mined coins.

edit: something like that. Someone else want to make that less confusing and more accurate?

Cool, I appreciate your thoughts. I'm really excited about this coin.  Grin
jepistons

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 02:05:03 AM

more info can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/  cause the devs dont post here thanks to ddirt for the post other wise I wouldnt even hear about this coin
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 03:36:52 AM

Don't forget to vote folks!  Less than 17 hours until the top coin is added and 1 random coin with 100 chances or more will be selected via live stream Smiley

Although Solar currently has a firm lead Smiley

ddirt (OP)

Activity: 57

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 01:56:52 PM

Had to update the DNS redirect for the solarcoin block explorer.

http://solarcoin.zapto.org may not work for a little while in the meantime you can use http://184.73.159.72 to reach it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 86 »
  Print  

Jump to: