Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miners  (Read 64026 times)
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 07:46:16 AM

even they are scam artists they are damn good Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:51:27 AM

this is one of the better scams i've ever seen any average joe can easily fall for it... they can probably prove me wrong once they post a working demo of their prototype and chip specs...

http://www.ctsminer.com/prototype-1-testing-complete/
Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:56:15 AM

The sky is falling....
http://www.domaintuno.com/d/ctsminer.com

If I find out Josh is behind this, I'll personally fly over there to butterfly labs.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
Gamer67

Activity: 294

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:56:39 AM

They are just getting more creative due to the scrutiny that they must now go under. The first post alone is screaming scam. Seriously.

It was mentioned in the 9th post in this thread and then many, many times thereafter.

Anyone who paid into this and was present in the forum and aware of this thread kinda deserves what they got to be brutally honest.

There will be no more communication from Rebecca because there is no Rebecca.

"I am not Dorian Nakamoto."
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:59:21 AM

The sky is falling....
http://www.domaintuno.com/d/ctsminer.com

If I find out Josh is behind this, I'll personally fly over there to butterfly labs.

Those are just keywords added to the web site to attract hits from internet search engines.

merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:00:28 AM

Holy shit. Dude talk about it over here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432716

To anyone else:

THIS IS A SCAM. DO NOT SEND MONEY !

To save these guys btc,does anyone have contact with antminer seller to tell them not to deliver these bastards?

Beside that, i ve called the real company number and the other one:the voice on both are not the same and the quality of the second is very poor making me suspect they have used any kind of voip services to do so(quality is often bad in it)

Lastly i ll call the real company first time in the morning monday (from 9 am uk time) and ask clarification and tell them to go police as someone is using their names to do this.

i hope the guys who have paid them will recover their btc from the antminer seller

it would be great if we can make this done

also forgot to add they don t have any reg num on their website ,wich is mandatory in uk

to the moderators:

Can you change their announcement to SCAM alert please to avoid people fall in this

thanks

maybe we can contact 'sushi' to help out here... if someone can prove the BTC trail came from buyers here to CTS and then mixed then to sushi and he believes us maybe sushi could stop (or at least delay it) the delivery even for a while to see what happens or maybe get their real contact details... name and address.   Maybe if these scammers notice that we're on them and they may shit bricks and do nothing about not receiving the Antminers.

this would be a great victory for the bitcoin community and make these scammers think twice before ripping off the innocent.  Let's see if we can at least get a country to begin with.

if no one what's to contact sushi, give me the bitcoin trace or instructions how it's done and I'll try contact sushi.  I can at least get him to come into this thread to have a look.

I know it a long shot but we have to try something.  It wouldn't be easy for seller to reveal customer details without some proof.  
Gamer67

тσ ¢σιи σя иσт тσ ¢σιи?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:05:38 AM

Holy shit. Dude talk about it over here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=432716

To anyone else:

THIS IS A SCAM. DO NOT SEND MONEY !

To save these guys btc,does anyone have contact with antminer seller to tell them not to deliver these bastards?

Beside that, i ve called the real company number and the other one:the voice on both are not the same and the quality of the second is very poor making me suspect they have used any kind of voip services to do so(quality is often bad in it)

Lastly i ll call the real company first time in the morning monday (from 9 am uk time) and ask clarification and tell them to go police as someone is using their names to do this.

i hope the guys who have paid them will recover their btc from the antminer seller

it would be great if we can make this done

also forgot to add they don t have any reg num on their website ,wich is mandatory in uk

to the moderators:

Can you change their announcement to SCAM alert please to avoid people fall in this

thanks

maybe we can contact 'sushi' to help out here... if someone can prove the BTC trail came from buyers here to CTS and then mixed then to sushi and he believes us maybe sushi could stop (or at least delay it) the delivery even for a while to see what happens or maybe get their real contact details... name and address.   Maybe if these scammers notice that we're on them and they may shit bricks and do nothing about not receiving the Antminers.

this would be a great victory for the bitcoin community and make these scammers think twice before ripping off the innocent.  Let's see if we can at least get a country to begin with.

if no one what's to contact sushi, give me the bitcoin trace or instructions how it's done and I'll try contact sushi.  I can at least get him to come into this thread to have a look.

I know it a long shot but we have to try something.  It wouldn't be easy for seller to reveal customer details without some proof. 

Contact The Observer as he did the final leg work and followed the trail.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=215956

Phoenix1969
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

LIR DEV

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:07:03 AM

aaaah, the keywords...ok

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRide
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
[BTC]▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
jwhitlaw

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:19:24 AM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 08:32:54 AM by jwhitlaw

The fact that the scammer's are buying hardware in this forum's group pool indicates pretty clearly that an experienced member of the forum is involved in this scam.  Obviously into bitcoin mining themselves.

Any experienced forum members writing in defense of this scam?

Oh, I guess there are a few, eh?  The prime suspects are the guy who said he bought a bunch of them, and had the block chain entry to "prove it," and the Hawaii dude.  

Posts an order on his scam website, then pays with a different wallet, then posts to "prove" he really believes in this scam.  I'm not an expert in the block chain, so if this would not work for some reason, I'd be glad to hear an explanation as to why.

Of course, it could be someone who doesn't post much too.  But I'd love to see if someone could track down the pool member who is buying hardware with these bitcoins.  Seems like we could identify the criminal that way.  Wouldn't that be possible for the guy who runs the pool?

If we got the forum member's i.d., then we'd have an email address, and the feds might even be able to get his I.P. address.  And we're off to drag this/these scumbags to prison.
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:43:14 AM

You are a fucking moron too. Send them some money. Maybe Jesus can help you out of that one.

LOL, watt he fuck you say little bitch, What does my religion have to do do with this insecure prick!
ozzymax

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:53:45 AM

This is not the response we wanted to receive as you can imagine from the community!

I want to clarify some peoples comments which claim we are a scam company which are ridiculous.

1) Yes we used Wordpress to build our website but also had 2 members on my team, Jack and Oliver, working full time on the site, which is why I posted a blog saying congratulations to them for the site. We are very pleased with it.

2) Our products are not "photoshopped". They are custom designed CAD products in the initial stages. We do have more designs being developed currently and will add these to the site when they arrive.

3) Our domain registrar uses Private Registration which protects us from spam and doesn't list contact details on WHOIS; however, our address and phone number are on the website if you wish to call us/come and visit us.

4) We use US Dollar as our main currency on the website due to it being the internationally recognised currency of the world. We also list our products in GBP and Bitcoin currency.

5) As we have stated, we have been developing the ASICs in house for the past year. Our 20nm microprocessors are built here in the UK. We do not use an external foundry. We have been building microprocessors for over 25 years and have worked in numerous industries supplying products and chips. They are near on finished and the reason why we have decided to take pre-orders is simply to gauge interest. We do not want to commit to producing thousands of units if we will struggle to sell them. We were confident people would take to our products and this response has been hard to take.

6) We do have a refund policy. It is on our FAQ page. We are very confident in our timescales if interest is there; therefore, will be offering a full refund if we miss our delivery week of the 7th April by more than 7 days.

7) We partnered with a social media and PR company to try to target customers who may be interested in our products. This resulted in some higher quality than other Facebook page likes and Twitter followers; however, also resulted in some low quality social links.

I hope this helps clarify some peoples responses to my announcement.

Dear Becca, I'm in London and I will buy two 5TH rigs only for cash. you do accept cash don't you?
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:11:57 AM

still rolling around laughing about their in house 20nm foundry.

BINTEX